User Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Also known as: Acticort 100, Aeroseb-HC, Ala-Cort, Ala-Scalp, Ala-Scalp HP, Aloe Cort, Anucort-HC, Anumed-HC, Anuprep-HC, Anurx-HC, Anusert HC-1, Anusol HC-1, Anusol-HC, Anusol-HC Suppositories, Anutone-HC, ...show all 107 brand names

Learn more about Hydrocortisone.

Pruritus 2 reviews 289 medications

Seborrheic Dermatitis 0 reviews 301 medications

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 244 medications

Psoriasis 1 reviews 309 medications

Anal Itching 0 reviews 222 medications Not rated - Be the first
Aphthous Stomatitis, Recurrent 0 reviews 96 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gingivitis 1 reviews 106 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intertrigo 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Proctitis 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ulcerative Colitis, Active 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Hydrocortisone reviews 21 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Review by refusing to be controlled anymore (taken for less than 1 month):

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: After 2 hemorrhoid surgeries, this product was a life changer! I took the step to not let my hemorroids control my life anymore. The dr prescribed this as part of my after care. Its immediate and wonderful.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Jimmy can't sit still:

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: Immediatly soothes the pain.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 3:00 AM

Review by sqrrlygrl (taken for less than 1 month):

Anucort-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: Needed to use the remaining suppositories, due to itching and minor bleeding from hard stool. Noticed blood sugar rising about 40 pts now that I stopped using it, condition somewhat better and sugars are lower.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2014 1:01 PM

Review by nelady:

Cortizone-10 (hydrocortisone) for Pruritus: I suffer from Pruritus, a side effect to oxycodone. Cortizone cream is very effective. Stops itching immediately, with no unpleasant odor and is instantly absorbed into the skin. Hope this helps.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2013 3:04 AM

Review by yo1974:

Cortizone-10 (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: Works well for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2013 11:01 PM

Locoid (hydrocortisone) for Gingivitis: Not for gum gingivitis.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 7:09 PM

For Pruritus: We have a lot of mosquitoes in our area. They are very attracted to me and I develop quarter sized bumps shortly after being bitten. I have found that if I apply Hydrocortisone 1% cream to a mosquito bite as soon as possible the swelling and itching will be relieved within minutes. It is important to apply the cream prior to scratching the bite. I highly recommend using this cream; it makes my life here tolerable.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2011 4:46 PM

Review by suebee50:

Dermarest Eczema Medicated (hydrocortisone) for Atopic Dermatitis: Good moisturizer. Smells bad though.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2011 11:29 AM

For Eczema: My daughter is 6 yrs old and after spending a whole day in a Jacuzzi in Cuba, we spotted dry bumpy rashes all the over her limbs, back and torso. Rashes changed positions and were very itchy. She was later diagnosed with Eczema. HydroVal worked right away, I applied it twice daily directly on the rashes. Her skin cleared after one week. There were no side effects at all.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2011 3:00 PM

Review by Teebay:

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: I was impressed. After initial use I could really tell a difference, this is good.

April 6, 2011 12:59 PM

Anucort-HC (hydrocortisone) for Psoriasis: Keeps skin moist and keeps from cracking, but does nothing to reduce other symptoms.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2010 8:38 AM

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: Almost immediate relief, long lasting.

September 17, 2010 10:15 AM

Review by cattail:

Westcort (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: Of the many medicines used, Westcort has been by far the most effective for my eczema.

August 30, 2010 9:26 AM

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Dermatitis: Works wonders. In combination with moisturizer(s), has cleared up skin problems.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2010 12:16 PM

For Eczema: This product has been a miracle drug for my 1 yr old. Horrible Eczema...have refused to use this medicine previously, prescribed by doctor, instead trying natural remedies. Finally, I gave up, after about 9 months of trying to fight it naturally...after three applications of hydrocortisone 2.5%, his skin is COMPLETELY normal looking...again, COMPLETELY normal looking. I still HATE to use this on him, but I'm hoping it will be short-term as I find out the underlying cause. This product did in 1.5 days, what I haven't been able to do with natural remedies for 9 months. I feel defeated, but at the same time grateful that my son can now sleep through the night.

March 16, 2010 11:40 PM

Proctosol-HC (hydrocortisone) for Hemorrhoids: Much better than Preparation H or any other type of Hemorrhoid Cream

December 26, 2009 2:00 PM

Review by brenham texas:

Cortizone-10 Plus (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: 69 years old, had problem for 9 years mostly in cold weather. Able to sleep after first application. Nearly gone after one week so far so good.

December 7, 2009 6:45 PM

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Eczema: I have used this for a long time for my eczema and it has worked well.

August 14, 2009 10:13 AM

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Dermatitis: I used Locoid Lipocream for the first time under my eyes and it worked wonders. I then used it on my bald head and it is immediately improving by 100%. I recommend it highly.

July 11, 2009 5:58 PM

Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone) for Dermatitis: The best ever. Locoid worked within a few days. Did not irritate my child's skin. Will only use Locoid from now on.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2009 7:46 PM

Review by QueenHaugh:

For Dermatitis: My doctor prescribed this for me because I have diabetes and am also having chemotheraphy for stage 4 liver cancer. I keep getting sores on my body that won't heal on their own. He thought this might work and it has been a miracle worker on my skin. It's helping with the healing and the time it takes to heal. I think it's a great product and ever so thankful that my doctor was sensitive enough to give me this so that I won't be embarrassed by my sores.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate