User Reviews for Deltasone

Learn more about Deltasone.

Cluster Headaches 1 reviews 35 medications

Sarcoidosis 1 reviews 49 medications

Eczema 1 reviews 252 medications

Summary of Deltasone reviews 7 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Deltasone

For Cluster Headaches "I am 51, and have been getting cluster headaches since 17. Have tried every medication for them, but nothing seemed to work for me. I was finally prescribed Prednisone, it takes a few days to start working, but after I finished the course, I didn't get a single headache for nearly a year. The course was 20 mg a day, for 10 to 14 days, depending on the doctor. The length of time, without a headache varies, but is usually a year or more."

jskess (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

For Sarcoidosis "Feeling hyperactive like I can't walk fast enough, having to wait on a thought to process, always wanting sweet, salt and crunchy food. Med after 7p keeps me awake at least 4 hr although I feel tired. Only been on for 1 month for new sarcoidosis Breathing much better! Chest tightness better! Energy level better !"

ralphetta01 September 8, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Because of the length of time on Prednisone, I now look like a moon-faced pregnant linebacker. BUT, it has been the ONLY medicine since diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis that has given me any relief close to being able to function. I've been warned of the serious side effects, but with medicines everything is a trade off in my opinion. Without Prednisone, I may be out of bed a total of 2 hrs per 24hr period--& that's a GOOD day!"

BGM0512 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2014

For Asthma "Works to help open airways, but made me very moody."

Mandie161312 January 28, 2014

For Eczema "I'm rating this a 'one' reluctantly because it truly worked miracles. I've wrestled with eczema for years and it has become quite painful. An ER doctor prescribed this when I was there for an unrelated issue. Within days my open skin and rough patches were completely gone. But the side effects...I put on 15 pounds in under two weeks, with a painfully swollen gut, stomach pains and insomnia. Upon visiting my regular physician, he refused to renew the prescription, explaining that these side effects, and potentially much worse, were due to the Prednisone."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

For Sinusitis "It it one of the only things that opens up the sinuses to allow it to drain well, so the infection can heal otherwise the infection never clears out and you can get a clogged up sinus canal."

Anonymous February 4, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Allergic Reactions "We generally use the prednisone (Deltasone is the brand name) for our chronic lung disease patients. It seems to be effective for opening the air ways, but it is not for immediate rescue. We generally use it to keep the airway open after we give something like albuterol initially. Some things to keep in mind, your blood sugar may be checked because cortisones (which is what this is) can cause hyperglycemia. Also, cortisones can cause water retention and weight gain. Generally, over a long period of time, I have seen it also affect skin tissue, but it is better to be able to breath."

Therealnursesarah March 8, 2011