User Reviews for OxyContin

Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain 190 reviews 1070 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 53 reviews 111 medications

8.1
Summary of OxyContin reviews 243 reviews 8.4

Reviews for OxyContin

For Pain "I have suffered RLS since about 5 years of age. Now 78. Nothing would stop it - neurologists tried all usual medication, permoglide, rivotril, etc. Then saw new GP in 60's who also suffered badly and he had in desperation tried oxycontin with great relief. Suggested I tried one 10 mg tablet before going to bed or when travelling as passenger in car - this was intolerable. Found tablet worked like magic and although reliant on it still take same 10 mg but one tablet first thing in morning and one prior to going to bed - about 1 hour before. Found it does not always work at night so I can be up until 3 am walking the floor nearly going insane as pain in legs is so bad. However, 90% of time I do get incredible benefit."

Former sleep deprived walker (taken for 10 years or more) April 4, 2016

For Chronic Pain "Im a ex flooring installer of 17 yrs (11 yrs non-union 6 union yrs) My back is wrecked, I have tears in 2 of my discs at L3/L4 and L4/L5 locations. I have no cartilage left anywhere in my lower back. My PCP put me thru the tests multiple MRI's/CT's injections, lots of predisone and then finally Norco. It took me a few days of being on Hydrocodone before the relief started, but relief it was! I gained much of my functionality back. I was moved up to the higher doses and then on to OxycontinER. Oxycontin had less side effects, and in general felt less wasted. Im now on 60mg x3 daily with 20mg IR 3x daily. Its been very helpful in my life."

RippedDiscs March 26, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I have 7 bulging disks, DDD and AS, on daily pain meds for 7 years. I requested a long acting pain med and had been on oxycodone IR 10mg. x 3 a day. Dr switched me to OxyContin 10 mg 4 per day. AMAZING RESULTS! I no longer feel drugged, I feel like myself again. The IR made me feel drugged and only lasted 3 hours, was a roller coaster all day long. I take 2 in the morning, 1 at 2 pm and 1 at 6 pm. and do not feel like I am on any medication at all, but the pain has gone from an 8 to a 2 (if I don't move) to maybe a 4 or 5 at worst. Able to clean house, shower, do many activities I was unable to do before. I feel so blessed that I have my life back. It seems to give me energy but no other side effects at all. No dry mouth either."

suzisavage54 February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I was wondering if anyone has noticed any difference in the Oxycontin since the formula has been changed from from OC to OP. Just curious after reading someone else's review."

Papa Mark February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain "Was taking 10mg oxycodone 6 times a day for an operation that went horribly wrong. I was always dizzy nauseous and tired. Started ocycontin 20mg twice a day and changed my life. Less percs feel almost normal. Now if the pharmacists wouldn't treat US like dirt life would be good. Highly recommend"

Xop February 1, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I have back surgery and the surgery and the medication I was on wasn't helping much. My doctor gave me OxyContin try and it's been a lifesaver for me. "

I can walk now January 28, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I have been prescribed Oxycontin 60mg for well over 6 years now in just in the last 2 months I have gotten a refill I know for a fact that either the manufacturer or where they get their medication through there has been a shortage of the medication per the dosage compared to what it used to be. I don't know at what level this is occurring . Whether this is another Government regulation that says if someone is prescribed 60mg tablets the manufacturer is only allowed to put 30mg in that tablet? I have been on this same medication for a long time and starting December 2015 and January 2016 my medication has been shorted. My body goes through tremendous withdrawal symptoms each month I refill this medication. I need an answer."

Madison2016 January 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I have been on Oxycontin since 2003 on a daily basis. I have chronic abdominal discomfort because I had my large intestine removed due to chronic Ulcerative Colitis. I also have had Degenerative Disc Disease since 1998. I've had to have my right hip replaced due to an injury in 2008 and I have chronic sciatic nerve pain in my left hip that runs down to my foot. I found this drug to be more effective than any rehabilitation or needle injection that I've ever had. I have tried many different treatments like injections and physical rehab but I get the best pain relief from taking 3 - 60mg. Oxycontin every 8 hours and 10 mg. Oxycodone IR pills every 4 to 6 hours daily for increased pain and discomfort. The bad part is I lost most of my teeth."

Sunburn (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain "Would be nice if you could remove the ingredients that make it time release"

Medard December 20, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Really helps get rid of my pain. Allows me to function comfortably; since It makes me almost completely pain free, I sleep line a teenager. Prior to using this med, I used to wake up hourly because of pain. My only bad effect is that I get itchy every once in awhile."

Duke Jr. (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 10, 2015

For Pain "I was in a near fatal car accident when I was 18, I was on Morphine for 6 months. After 30 years it is catching up to me. I am in some pain now most of the time. With Oxycodone I am able to make it through the day, and work. Caution during use, if used for over 90 days, dependency could occur easily. Please be aware of this."

OregonRock (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Chronic Pain "2x10mg a day for fibromyalgia pain. It is not perfect, but takes the edge off."

Room_101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Hey! I've been been in 4 road accidents and has a neck fracture of the second cervical vertebra, and severe pain in his back and legs. I have been taking oxycontin for about 1 and a half years."

Markus_88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2015

For Pain "Almost no pain after taking it and a great amount of energy"

jolie42 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 17, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Was prescribed oxi due to back pain. Never took meds in the last 30 yrs of my life. I took only one of these and I'm laying on a gurney right now. Suffered a minor stroke. If it wasn't for my wife and her dillegence to call 911 id be dead right now. Watch the documary on Oxi then decide whether this drug is safe. The list of side affects is longer than my arm. Be wise and prudent before you decide to swallow any meds. Be safe"

Mountain man 7 July 19, 2015

For Pain "I had three surgeries in 3 weeks and oxy really kept the pain under control. I have since run out and the Dr. doesn't want to refill so I'm now suffering along with only Tylenol. :)"

MN Guy July 18, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Relief from fybro & arthritis"

annoe (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I have Fibromyalgia and major back problems. Recently, I visited the ER for my back, and they gave me Tylenol 3, which did nothing for my pain. I went to the doctor a few days later and told him I need something stronger, and he prescribed me 10mg of oxycontin twice per day. I can only tolerate taking one per day (any more makes me throw up), but since starting this medicine, it has significantly reduced my all around pain levels by at least 85%! I am grateful for this medicine."

Victoria W. July 15, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I've had a chronic pain for over 9 years now due to fibromyalgia and rheumatoid after I had a neck fusion back in 2005. Every day I hav a lot of pain that I couldn't get out of bed without takin my med first. I'm on OxyContin 20 mg 2 a day every 12 hrs. and Percocet 10/325 4 a day for break through. OxyContin doesn't work for me real good it'll last about 3 to 4 hours then I have to take Percocet after for breakthrough to help my pain some more. So altogether with this 2 medication I still have a lot of pain that I'm coping with. I wish the doctor would increase the OxyContin but he doesn't want to so I have to live with all this pain everyday for almost 10 yrs. now, you know it's real bad to live with chronic pain everyday. SomeoneHelpMe."

BrandonYen (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Some uncomfortable side effects like constipation. Other than that, the drug does an ok job with my Rheumatoid Arthritis pain."

jrf9597 May 9, 2015

For Pain "I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from severe testicular and groin pain for the past 5 months, due to a sports injury. It prevented me from doing the things I had previously loved doing, I couldn't go back to school, and I'd be in bed all day. But now that my pain doctor has put me on OxyContin 20 mg twice a day, I feel like I'm getting my life back. This medication keeps my pain at bay. Before, I'd be going through an average of 8/10 pain everyday, but OxyContin miraculously brings it down to a 2-3! I really mean it when I say OxyContin is a Godsend for a male who's going through testicular pain caused by numerous problems. Best of all it doesn't make me tired so I can properly function throughout the day!"

Johnathan1995 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

For Pain "I got into a bad auto accident and got put on Oxycontin 40mg twice a day and it has been working great for months."

JonnySFL (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2015

For Chronic Pain "The extended release Oxycontin works the same for pain relief as Percocet, but with barely any side effects. Doesn't make me nearly as foggy or give me that euphoric feeling that Percocet does. I can focus better during the day and sleep through the night without waking up needing more pills."

Mel Alanne April 3, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I have a bullet lodged in my back near my spine, this medication is very helpful in relieving the pain but use with caution I would not recommended this for daily use regardless of the severity of your pain."

Abu91 March 9, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Good for breakthrough pain..take 7 of the 30mg a day and use 2-75mcg of the Fentanyl Patches as well for Extended Relief. It has been my best regimen so far and I've tried a lot of different kinds and combination to ease my pain. It's hard though because you can tell how much it helps when you miss a pill."

Pain-n-simple (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2015