User Reviews for OxyContin (Page 6)

Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain 189 reviews 1059 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 51 reviews 108 medications

Summary of OxyContin reviews 240 reviews 8.4

Reviews for OxyContin

For Pain "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis; adenomyosis in my left pelvic muscle; and just recently had 3 cancerous polyps removed from my colon. I am 27 years old and I have undergone 9 surgeries in the past 2 years I have tried every pain medication out there and Oxycontin is the only thing that gives me any relief. I know that I have a long road ahead and will most likely have to increase my dosage in over the years, but thanks to the Oxycontin I am able to get out of bed and do the normal things I need to do to be a successful individual."

Anonymous September 6, 2010

For Pain "I have Neuropathy in all 4 limbs. I have been on so many pain pills and the only relief I get is from the oxycodone 30mgs - 4 X a day and Oxycontin 40mgs twice a day. If not for Oxycontin. I would not be able to function at all. I couldn't get out of bed. The break-through pain is controlled with the oxycodones. If not for both of these medications I wouldn't have a life. As long as you are not abusing them you are fine. I have a Doctor who helps me and knows how much pain I am in and cannot function without them. "

roxgirl August 30, 2010

For Pain "OxyContin has helped me so much to live my life. I have no arms and only one leg from an IED when I was in Afghanistan. I suffer from Phantom limb pain and numerous other problems, but I don't care, because had I not got in the way of the blast then a 2 year old and 3 year old would have died, so I'm fine with how I look. OxyContin has made the pain bearable. "

gimmedatOC August 26, 2010

452 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I have taken this drug for the past 10 years for back issues (discs bulging and ruptured). I have not increased my dosage in the past 6 years and the ER extended release has worked wonders. One 20mg pill in the morning and I am good 95% of all days. Occasionally I need one additional pill if I have been overly active. This pill allows me to live a fairly normal life."

slandsbaum June 18, 2010

For Pain "I found this very effective in combination with diclofenac. Previously the diclofenac was only lasting 1-2 hours in combination with either 2 x Tylenol 3 or 1 Percocet, but with only 1 Oxycontin per day, diclofenac once again lasts for 5-7 hours per 50mg dose."

Anonymous June 14, 2010

For Pain "OxyContin gives me far more pain relief than all the other "pain killers" I have been given over the years. I have advanced osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, idiopathic gastro paresis, gastritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hypermobility Syndrome, and a host of other random medical disorders. I have had crippling pain over the last 7 years, been on everything from Talacen and Darvocet to Lortab and Percocet. This is the first medication that allows me to get out of bed and clean my house and walk my dog. My quality of life is so improved. The only reason for me giving this a 9 is because it does cause a lot of constipation, in my mind this is a small price to pay."

Darkwaters June 9, 2010

For Pain "To bad people have to abuse medication that other people need. This pill seems to reduce pain better than any other with less side effects."

eTRINITY June 2, 2010

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "OxyContin pain relief at 20 mg every 8 hours did not hold me through. Always had breakthrough pain, taking OxyIR 10 mg every four hours in addition. Decided just to take the OxyIR every four hours without the OxyContin and pretty much got same results. When taking both, the constipation problem was MAJOR. Then doctor prescribed Lactulose--worked better than others but had a choice: 50 percent of pain relief and walk around all day with an upset, growling, cramping stomach problems as a side effect of the Oxy's. "

Anonymous May 3, 2010

For Pain "I would be in bed all day without this medicine. I have tried A LOT of pain pills and never really got much relief. I have A.L.S. and this medicine has made me be able to get up and do things, which I wasn't able to do before I was on this medicine. I could not even get out of bed without such bad pain. At least now I can enjoy what time I have with my family without being in such severe pain and still I have pain even with Oxycontin I never get pain free but it is tolerable with this drug. It was not even tolerable with others I have tried in the past."

waynes77 April 19, 2010

For Pain "I've been taking this medication 10mg 4 x a day and it has really helped. I was initially taking hydrocodone for about a year until having surgery (Fusion and Laminectomy - L5 S1) and I have to agree with some of you, when I first started taking it, it worked great and provided relief for about 5 to 6 hours. Now after 6 months, it doesn't seem to be working as it used to but I will be talking with my doctor next month regarding this issue. It seems to only work 3 to 4 hours and does not provide relief like it used to when I first started taking it. I broke one tablet in half since they're scored and took 15mg and this worked but it tells me I'm becoming or am dependent on it. I tried to go without it for 3 days and I hurt worse and vomited."

SeeSpot April 9, 2010

For Pain "Works great on pain. I would be bedridden without it."

Anonymous April 3, 2010

For Pain "I have three bulging discs, arthritis, and sciatica in my lower back and also was just recently diagnosed with fibramyalgia. I have been on Oxycontin for about a year now, and yes it has been increased about three times within that period of time. I am now on 80mg 4x's a day. It works great with the pain relief, but it makes me sweat so uncontrollably that I have to keep a fan on my on a constant basis. I am also on about 8 more kinds of medicines, so I'm not sure which ones are causing the dizziness. But when I wake up every morning, I can barely walk, and it takes about 45 minutes for the pain to subside. And then I start the sweating. But I can handle the sweating if it helps me walk so I can keep up with my four year old son. Truly a life saver."

HeatherEvans March 7, 2010

For Pain "I think I have tried every pain medication known to man over the last 9 years. This one is the only one that has allowed me to live a normal life."

camznan February 12, 2010

461 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I am a 47 year old male who has taken this drug for 10 years. (300 mg per day everyday.) Yes it will ease pain, but normally 2 to 3 years you have to increase it. I was medically dependent within months. In late fall 09, the medicines just lost their effect by at least 50%. So I was faced with a 50% increase in medicines. I said NO! So I tried a medical detox place to start. After 90 hours there, they said you have done great we are sending you home. I was so proud till 4a.m. the next day. I threw up 90 times in the next 60 hours. I lost 34lbs. in 8 days and had severe withdrawal symptoms for 2 more weeks. It has been 30 days since I started this and I will never put that poison in my body. "

mountain dave January 13, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "After a series of operations on my lower back the nerve scarring caused chronic pain. After being prescribed one pain medication after another I was finally referred to a pain specialist. In 2000 I was put onto Oxy-contin at 30mg twice a day. After less than 3 months I suffered very bad withdrawal symptoms after missing the morning dose. The pain during those hours seemed to increase tenfold. By 2003 the dose had increased to 60mg three times a day. I have now been taking Oxycontin for 9 years. I still have break through pain that keeps me from most activities and my heart and lungs have been affected. I would like to stop taking the medication but have bad withdrawals."

1bazgam January 11, 2010

For Pain "I used this medicine under strict supervision at a pain management center after failed trials with Opana and Kadian which made me ill. Vicodin was not strong enough as I have had open back surgery from my skull to mid back to drain a spinal cord cyst called a "syrinx." My spine was arthritic and required struts to rebuild it; I now have chronic acute pain just holding up my head (max 5-6 hours at a time). Also have chronic low back pain arthritis and herniation with tear. Thankfully it relieved my pain and helped me function somewhat normally for 5-6 months. Then one month the refill arrived two days late and I went through withdrawal, suffering horribly with dark suicidal ideation and depression. I got off it. Now on Percocet, not ideal."

Anonymous January 7, 2010

For Pain "I have severe chronic neck pain due to permanent spinal cord nerve damage. I was given 20mgs twice a day and it didn't give me enough pain relief. The doctor has increased the dose to 20mgs three times a day and the side effects are too much to handle. My brain is foggy, I'm more anxious, dizzy, very lightheaded, I have a nagging headache that will not go away and I have an all around ill feeling. I like the idea of a pain medicine that is timed release and spreads out over time but, this mediciation is not right for me. I can't wait to get off of the oxycontin."

Anonymous December 20, 2009

For Pain "Oxycontin is the best drug I have ever had. I suffer from a prolapsed disc L5/S1. I also have a lot of shoulder pain due to a work accident where I had a bad fall. My dosage for Oxycontin is 120mg twice a day. I also take Panadeine Forte 200mg twice a day also Oxynorm 10mg 1-2 times per day for breakthrough pain. I also wear a patch called Fentanyl Durgesic 75mgr. I also get injections every 2-3 months, I also take a lot of depression medication. Overall with this combination my pain is under control most days but some days I cannot even get up and I lose my balance a lot. I have to rotate my movements regularly during the day and night I cannot sleep properly due to the pain."

sisko95 December 19, 2009

For Pain "I have chronic back problem and take Oxycontin 40mg and I know they work."

Anonymous December 13, 2009

For Pain "I have been on oxycontin 40mg for 2 months. It does not relieve my pain 100% but has given me some relief. I see a pain doctor. He started me on suboxone so that I would not get addicted to it. The worse side effect that I have noticed is the itching and nothing works. My doctor decreased me from taking the oxycontin 40mg three times a day to twice a day but he has put me on dilaudid 4mg every 8 hours as needed for pain. My pain had decreased when I was taking the 40mg 3 times a day. When I was taking it twice a day when the weather would change I would be in so much pain that I would have to go get an injection of demerol 100mg and phenergan 50mg. I was in a car accident over 8 yrs ago and had several injuries, but I still suffer from bracial plexus"

66tee63 December 10, 2009

For Pain "An excellent pain reliever. I did experience a few side effects though. I became irritable and would sometimes hear sounds I wasn't sure of. This drug has a high risk of dependency, but it can be controlled. To me, the side effects are worth it due to the great pain relief it provides."

BruceDBriley December 5, 2009

For Pain "Had been on Kadian and still had pain and had memory/confusion. Oxycontin worked great for pain with less side effects."

Anonymous November 30, 2009

For Pain "One of the best pain relievers you can find. For me it gets rid of the pain and makes you feel relaxed. Good Stuff!"

Shiro November 29, 2009

For Pain "I have severe chest pain from my esophagus and my doctor gave me 60 pills of Oxycontin 40mg and 10/500 Percocet. The Oxycontin was for major episodes and the Percocet was too take 4 times a day."

klk1900 November 22, 2009

For Pain "As a medical doctor with a practice specializing in the management of acute and chronic pain I find, from experience, that this medicine has sufficient pain relieving attributes but in return comes with a high risk of dependency."

RSaylorMD November 8, 2009

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next