User Reviews for OxyContin (Page 4)

Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain 190 reviews 1070 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 53 reviews 111 medications

8.1
Summary of OxyContin reviews 243 reviews 8.5

Reviews for OxyContin

For Pain "I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

For Pain "I have chronic thoracic back pain. I've been through nerve blocks, acupuncture, physical therapy, 3 chiropracters, 2 orthopedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 pain doctor's. Vicodin, Percocet, Kadian (very expensive). Insurance refused to pay anymore finally switched to oxycodone. Still have breakthrough pain with to much physical activity. "

robair1 March 22, 2012

For Pain "I am 56 with degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia and just underwent rhizotomy on lumbar. That still did not help with the pain. I also broke my back in 2000 which was not treated and my spine is deformed. I suffer so much, I also tried everyting, this is magnificent it only takes 15mg."

abigstepup February 26, 2012

For Pain "I have suffered with degenerative disc disease, 5 herniated discs and arthritis in my lumbar spine and neck. I have taken every medicine available, have tried all the injections but NOTHING works like Oxycontin. I now have a very rare form of Leukemia which doubled the pain that I was already in. "

Raptor660rider January 25, 2012

For Pain "I have taken oxycodone for 2 years now. I had back surgery to repair a vertebrae that had been destroyed by cancer. I was on morphine for a while, but my wife complained that I was loopy on it. The oxycodone has been much better in that regard as well as pain relief. I take 40mgs twice a day and am very happy with the results."

Anonymous December 13, 2011

For Pain "I have been on this medicine for about 11 to 12 years and found it to be the most effective and most tolerable for me. I have had to have my dosage raised over the 12 year period and take 210 mg over a 24 hr period, which is quite high. I don't believe I will have it raised from this level though because eventually the higher dose won't work either so I have decided that I will just have to live with some degree of pain and limit what I'm able to do. I also feel it causes erectile dysfunction and have talked to many others who say the same thing. I believe it affects many more than the 1% they claim with erectile dysfunction. Probably closer to 98% in reality."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

For Pain "I have been diagnosed with Lumbar Spondylosis, Lumbar Canal Stenosis and Lumbar Radiculopathy. Oxycontin helps to keep my back pain down so I can walk. I had surgery on 11-15-2010 and they put two rods in my back but the pain is still there."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

For Pain "Life is livable again. I have had no side effects. I stay very aware of the possibility for abuse so am very careful. I count my pills throughout the month and have to give a urine sample every couple months at the pain clinic. I have been on the same dose..60 mg every 12 hours for approx. 5 years. I cannot go back to life before I was placed on this medicine. There has been and always will be people who will abuse pain medicines and I can understand why doctors are so afraid to prescribe them but someone has to stand up and treat people like myself so we can get out of bed and face the day."

HARLEYPENNY November 2, 2011

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I thank God everyday for this medication. I have pain in both of my knees and my lower back and both feet has spurs. I am only 47 yrs old, without Oxycontin I would not have a good life. I thank the makers of the wonderful pill because I can enjoy my life without suffering with pain. "

Anonymous October 24, 2011

For Pain "My doctor took me through a number of different medicines prior to starting Oxycontin. I have found that I sleep and eat better on Oxycontin. More importantly I function better on Oxycontin, including being able to care for myself. Since I began taking it my insurance tried to force me to the "generic" Oxycodone ER. Oxycodone made me physically ill whenever it released, it's continued use would have made me totally reliant on outside help as I live alone with closest family over 2,000 miles away. Since the Oxycodone affair we have tried other medicines and nothing works as well without the physical illness. I have ankylosing spondylitis and am looking at chronic pain."

old sailor October 18, 2011

For Pain "I was prescribed this medication following a motor cycles accident (R.Leg broken 4 places/L.Wrist fractures both sides of joint/Broken Pelvis/Fractured Vertebrae). I currently take 70mg twice a day and it helped with the pain. At 80mg I found everything a bit distant. So I end up taking the 70mg twice a day and wow how it helps is great. Whilst I am still in pain, I can function these day. I go to work full time (Computer operator). Good medication, well worth taking."

The_PC_Doctor October 12, 2011

For Pain "Oxycontin helped me through pain from a recent auto accident. "

Krazy K October 8, 2011

For Pain "Relieves chronic back pain faster and lasts longer than most other pain medications."

DirtyButtSaq September 28, 2011

For Pain "I've been on Oxycontin for 10 years. First for severe osteoarthritis. 5 years ago had failed bilateral knee replacements. In the future they are supposed to be recalling my knee replacements, but for now I can't live without my Oxycontin. I started out with 20 mg twice a day. Now I take 120mg 3 times a day and Percocet 10/650 for breakthrough pain 4 times a day. I can't walk without it."

manic573 September 28, 2011

For Pain "Chronic Pancreatitis and Post-op pain management for Laparoscopic Pancreatic Gluconoma NE tumor Excision. With oxycodone 20mg/ 12 hours. Take exactly as directed and it works great. Able to work and play. Very rarely need 5 mg Oxycodone immediate release. Shame there is increasing stigma from abusers."

papwalker September 26, 2011

For Pain "By far the only things that's touched my back pain. Got 3 rods, 6 pins going from T10-T12. Been on literally every pain medicine except the pump."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

For Pain "I been taking Oxycontin for over 10 years. Started at 10mg and slowly up to now 60mg. I have always been prescribed for 2xday. But being a former alcoholic, I only took one tablet per day and Vicodin 500mg for break through pain. It is the only way I would be able to have any type of quality of life. I suffer from Degenerative Disc disease, 3 Herniated discs, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and now Sjogrens. I am 49 and disabled to work but I do not want to be disabled from life. My grandbabies need their grandma! You can abuse aspirin if you chose to but if you take the medicines correctly and do not abuse - it will give you some degree of life. Life is to be with quality and this medicine has helped me."

femalegrhd September 21, 2011

For Pain "When they changed the formulation it does not work as good, or as fast. It upsets my stomach and gives bad headaches. "

disapointed August 10, 2011

For Pain "Very effective at managing my pain that stemmed from a spinal injury and subsequent spinal surgery. It has been the only medicine that manages the pain after trying all the other non-narcotics as well as nerve pain medications."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

For Pain "This medication is the only one out of so many that have been prescribed over all the years that I have suffered with my condition. (Severe degenerative bone disease, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, etc.) The negative effect I experience is constipation for which I use Benefiber."

Anonymous June 13, 2011

For Pain "Without this medication I wouldn't still be doing my dream job of working with animals (a very tough job even for a healthy person). Before I was prescribed this I tried every single other medication there was without success!"

wildeirishrose May 21, 2011

For Pain "My right hip and pelvis were both surgically modified when I was 5 years old. 30 years later here I was in so much pain I could no longer sleep and I was starting to have thoughts of hurting it worse just for that few seconds of relief immediately after. I went to the doctors and tried way many pain killers until he put me on Cymbalta 1 cap 1 a day and 60mg Oxycontin 3 times a day. This worked well other than the super low energy add some Dexedrine and I was good to go but now almost a year later it has stopped working. "

Jynxified_alive May 18, 2011

For Pain "I'm 66 yrs and have had back pain for 46 yrs. My doctor had me on Percodan for about 15 yrs then he switched me over to Oxycontin when the Percodan didn't help. I'm on 10mg twice a day. I have Degenerative disk disease from L1 to L5 plus a fractured tail bone (from a fall). My doctor does not want me on them but I cannot function with the pain. Doctor is so scared that I will die if I take too many even though I would never abuse them. I have tried acupuncture, cortisone shots and most of anything that would ease the pain but Oxycontin does the job. BUT they take a long time to kick in."

kadodykid May 8, 2011

For Pain "I've been on oxycontin for a few weeks and this medicine is amazing. It totally kills all my pain and gives me energy. I can have a normal life because of it. "

it hurt all the time May 7, 2011

For Pain "Severe Scoliosis for over 10 years. Been on Vicodin. Made my gut ache. Tried Oxycontin. Started on 5mg. Not great. 15mg,4 x a day, 30 for breakthrough pain. This medicine also has changed my life! I can function so much better than anything else I've found. "

justaghost April 28, 2011