User Reviews for OxyContin

Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain 188 reviews 906 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 42 reviews 106 medications

8.1
Summary of OxyContin reviews 230 reviews 8.5

Reviews for OxyContin

For Pain "I've been on Oxycontin for 10 years. First for severe osteoarthritis. 5 years ago had failed bilateral knee replacements. In the future they are supposed to be recalling my knee replacements, but for now I can't live without my Oxycontin. I started out with 20 mg twice a day. Now I take 120mg 3 times a day and Percocet 10/650 for breakthrough pain 4 times a day. I can't walk without it."

manic573 September 28, 2011

For Pain "Chronic Pancreatitis and Post-op pain management for Laparoscopic Pancreatic Gluconoma NE tumor Excision. With oxycodone 20mg/ 12 hours. Take exactly as directed and it works great. Able to work and play. Very rarely need 5 mg Oxycodone immediate release. Shame there is increasing stigma from abusers."

papwalker September 26, 2011

For Pain "By far the only things that's touched my back pain. Got 3 rods, 6 pins going from T10-T12. Been on literally every pain medicine except the pump."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

For Pain "I been taking Oxycontin for over 10 years. Started at 10mg and slowly up to now 60mg. I have always been prescribed for 2xday. But being a former alcoholic, I only took one tablet per day and Vicodin 500mg for break through pain. It is the only way I would be able to have any type of quality of life. I suffer from Degenerative Disc disease, 3 Herniated discs, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and now Sjogrens. I am 49 and disabled to work but I do not want to be disabled from life. My grandbabies need their grandma! You can abuse aspirin if you chose to but if you take the medicines correctly and do not abuse - it will give you some degree of life. Life is to be with quality and this medicine has helped me."

femalegrhd September 21, 2011

For Pain "When they changed the formulation it does not work as good, or as fast. It upsets my stomach and gives bad headaches. "

disapointed August 10, 2011

For Pain "Very effective at managing my pain that stemmed from a spinal injury and subsequent spinal surgery. It has been the only medicine that manages the pain after trying all the other non-narcotics as well as nerve pain medications."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

For Pain "This medication is the only one out of so many that have been prescribed over all the years that I have suffered with my condition. (Severe degenerative bone disease, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, etc.) The negative effect I experience is constipation for which I use Benefiber."

Anonymous June 13, 2011

For Pain "Without this medication I wouldn't still be doing my dream job of working with animals (a very tough job even for a healthy person). Before I was prescribed this I tried every single other medication there was without success!"

wildeirishrose May 21, 2011

For Pain "My right hip and pelvis were both surgically modified when I was 5 years old. 30 years later here I was in so much pain I could no longer sleep and I was starting to have thoughts of hurting it worse just for that few seconds of relief immediately after. I went to the doctors and tried way many pain killers until he put me on Cymbalta 1 cap 1 a day and 60mg Oxycontin 3 times a day. This worked well other than the super low energy add some Dexedrine and I was good to go but now almost a year later it has stopped working. "

Jynxified_alive May 18, 2011

For Pain "I'm 66 yrs and have had back pain for 46 yrs. My doctor had me on Percodan for about 15 yrs then he switched me over to Oxycontin when the Percodan didn't help. I'm on 10mg twice a day. I have Degenerative disk disease from L1 to L5 plus a fractured tail bone (from a fall). My doctor does not want me on them but I cannot function with the pain. Doctor is so scared that I will die if I take too many even though I would never abuse them. I have tried acupuncture, cortisone shots and most of anything that would ease the pain but Oxycontin does the job. BUT they take a long time to kick in."

kadodykid May 8, 2011

For Pain "I've been on oxycontin for a few weeks and this medicine is amazing. It totally kills all my pain and gives me energy. I can have a normal life because of it. "

it hurt all the time May 7, 2011

For Pain "Severe Scoliosis for over 10 years. Been on Vicodin. Made my gut ache. Tried Oxycontin. Started on 5mg. Not great. 15mg,4 x a day, 30 for breakthrough pain. This medicine also has changed my life! I can function so much better than anything else I've found. "

justaghost April 28, 2011

For Pain "I've been in severe pain for about 8 years and I'm only in my early 30's. Have been told by too many doctors that I have fibromyalgia but cannot function on Lyrica. Been on Oxycontin 60mg twice a day for almost 3 years now. I was able to work and take care of my child. But lost insurance and can't pay the for Oxycontin. So I haven't been able to work. "

Anonymous April 22, 2011

For Pain "Injured my wrist 6 years ago playing raquetball and later diagnosed with RSD. After EVERY drug know to man, physical therapy, and extreme pain, I was finally reffered to the pain clinic. After explaining what I had been going through for 6 years, I was put on MS Contin at first then switched to Oxycontin 10mg X 2 a day. WOW. I can function almost like normal."

Anonymous April 21, 2011

For Pain "My doctor put me on Oxycontin. About 4 months ago we started at 10mg twice a day with 4 x 5/325 Percocets. We are at 30 mg twice a day and 4 x 10/325 Percocets a day now. I have fibromyalgia, IBS, Myfasical pain, herniated disc in neck. This dosage has given me a lot of relief but I would love to be able to go to to dinner or something with my husband so I think a little more work is needed. I do have one problem it makes me itch like crazy. "

Anonymous March 18, 2011

For Pain "I had years of good pain control from oxycontin and was able to lead a fairly normal life. I have always taken it exactly as prescribed by my doctor. Now I am going to have to find some other way to combat my pain because of extreme stomach problems and general illness from the remade version. I have never had these problems in the past. I don't know what I am going to do for pain now."

Anonymous March 11, 2011

For Pain "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 4 yrs ago. I had a total knee replacement done 4 months ago and was told I have degenerative joint disease. Due to those 2 medical problems the total knee replacement is taking FOREVER to heal, therefore I am in constant, extreme pain. I take 1 - 40 mg tablet of Oxycontin 3 x daily and 1 -10/325 mg tablet of Percocet 6 x daily. I can HONESTLY say that if I were not taking these medications the pain would be too intolerable for me to do at least half of the things that I HAVE to do on a daily basis. I still feel some pain, my pain level went from a 10 to a 3 when I take both medicines as prescribed. 2 thumbs up."

stevelc03 March 9, 2011

For Pain "Have had 13 low back surgeries The Oxycontin has helped me lead as normal life as much as possible, until they changed them. They don't work even near what the oc had. I now they say not to crush them but I would crush one.Dr put me to 4 80s three times a day. To get to where i had been getting somewhat of a life back, I would crush one for breakthrough pain felt pretty good. Now I am right back in bed 24hr a day,Also noticed my body has been putting out a smell like burnt rubber,And sick to my stomach, Have not had a bowl movement in 2 weeks .I told the Dr I would give him all my oxycontin back to him to just get something else. So I will be changing."

Anonymous March 7, 2011

For Pain "I've been prescribed them for years and they've done nothing but make my life livable, the time I can enjoy with my kids now that I'm not in constant pain, but the OP's? I got really bloated from them, the pain is the same as it would be after taking two Lortab tens. When and how can I find a pharmacy that has the OC that saved my life, my job, me existence because I'm falling apart with the allergic reactions from the new OP's like I'm allergic. "

anonymous d March 4, 2011

For Pain "I was on every pain medicine imaginable and even Oxycontin for a few years. At first I thought it was the 'wonder medicine' people talk about. After a while though, it caused me more problems than it was worth. The strange thing was, if I took the normal (prescribed) dose, I would actually feel like I had more pain than if I didn't take it at all, so I was always trying to take more because if I didn't take it I had withdrawals. Then I was always caught trying to take more to avoid the pain or the withdraw. I finally got away from that and started taking methadone. A very small dose of methadone does fine with absolutely no side affects, no withdrawals if I don't need it that day, and no chasing the pain away."

Exfla February 23, 2011

For Pain "I have suffered with an incurable rare spinal cord injury. I first tried Oxycontin in December 2010. Little did I know that they were taking the generics off the shelves. The medicine worked great.The new oxy op is very expensive and not of the same release time. How are people going to afford this?"

_Nicoletti February 20, 2011

For Pain "I have used the OC for 11 years. During that time I have only decreased my dosage. Now, the OP formula simply doesn't work. I take 2-3X the breakthrough pain medicines, I have added ibuprofen and naproxen to my regimen. I am going to have to increase my OP dosage on my next visit because it simply doesn't work. Thia new formula is ineffective. I'm going to discuss switching to a different medication, but the OC used to work so well. I was able to go canoeing and walking in the woods. Now I'm back to missing work."

zoe311 February 19, 2011

For Pain "I have had RSD for 20 years and was well controlled on 30mg Percocet and 30mg Methadone a day. The pain doctor wanted a change and now I am on the new Oxycontin 20mg twice a day. I took my 20mg at 7 am. It is now 8 hours later and I am at a level 7 pain. From the last few days experience when I take 20mg at 7pm, it will last until midnight then I will be at a level 8 or 9 pain. I have not slept in 3 days. I was well controlled! Why couldn't she leave it alone? "

NurseJFW February 14, 2011

For Pain "I take 80mg 3 times a day. Before taking this medicine I spent almost two years in a bed due to the pain levels I would reach when standing or walking on my foot. After my doctor switched me to Oxycontin for long term use my whole life changed. I now have been taking this medicine for over 10 years and I don't know how I could have survived without it. "

CLATX January 29, 2011

For Pain "Used during chemotherapy for neuropathy. Helped with pain."

Anonymous January 26, 2011