User Reviews for Tamiflu

Learn more about Tamiflu.

Tamiflu Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza

"This drug is def worth the money. I was shocked. Flu knocked on my door never felt so ill in the 28 years that I've been alive, Fever 103, chills, the worst radiating aches, sore throat, congested, etc...Went to the doctor within 13 hours of symptoms couldn't handle it anymore and they diagnosed me with the flu. And gave me Tamiflu. Went home, took Tamiflu, went to sleep within 9 hours 90% REDUCTION in symptoms. I'd say that is a cure. Nonetheless. Later the next day I took the biggest #2 in my life (TMI) and I knew that the drug had worked. Anyone who had a problem with this drug probably had the onset of symptoms beyond 72 hours. I had NO Side effects. That is rare for me. U can get this if u have been around some w/the flu? Miracle drug!"

rose127 August 19, 2015

"Was battling a horrible high fever I couldn't break for 4 days. Finally got in to my PCP and was prescribed tamiflu. Took it immediately cause I was desperate for relief, after the second dose that evening fever finally broke. This stuff works and saved my life."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2015

"I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat and then became achy, fatigued and feverish as the day went on. The next morning (Friday) I went to see my doctor and was given a swab test and it came back positive for Influenza A. He prescribed me Tamiflu and I took the first dose around noon Friday and the second dose at about 11pm. When I woke up Saturday morning my fever was gone and the aches were very mild. By Saturday I began to regain energy and was able to move about the house without having to lay down every 5 minutes. By Sunday morning nearly all symptoms had left. Tamiflu truly worked for me and caused little to no side effects."

Dee42 May 10, 2015

"The flu hit me out of no where but I knew what it was so I went straight to my doctor within 24 hours after experiencing symptoms. Since I caught it early, my doctor prescribed me Tamiflu. I started it right away and the first dose made me so nauseous, dizzy, and I experienced vertigo. I was considering stopping it but I had heard great reviews about it; I also had taken the first dose on an empty stomach. For the next couple of doses I made sure to eat something before taking Tamiflu. From doing this, I had no nausea or dizziness. It could be a coincidence but I think it really made a difference. It definitely shortened the duration of my flu."

Dane1212 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

"I was achy, feverish (100.4) and had a severe headache.I felt like a truck ran me over. I went to the Dr. and was prescribed Tamiflu. I took the first dose and noticed a difference. I didnt have nausea, insomnia or diarrhea. No side effects. I was skeptical as viral infections have to run their course but I'm so happy I took it."

Anonymous April 8, 2015

"Not worth adding the symptoms of severe headache, nausea, and vomiting to an already awful flu. The side effects from Tamiflu made my illness so much worse."

ViolaBell April 4, 2015

"I started taking it on day 2 after dr prescribed. Although I gained some strength back but the tremendous headache, nauseousness, vomiting and diarrhea was horrible. The worst part was insomnia, could barely sleep, only slept 2-3 hrs the most at each time, body still aching. "

Chirley111 April 3, 2015

"Had sudden onset of flu...chest pressure, headache, slight sore throat, and then severe body aches. I called Dr, and got appt same day. He prescribed Tamiflu. I took at 7pm...by next morning I had very little symptoms, expect for fatigue and a little cough. My fever at Dr's office was 101, next morning it was 99.8. A couple hours after my second Tamiflu pill, my fever was 98.6. I am so impressed with this medicine. I think key is getting this in your as soon as the symptoms appear. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning, but I think this saved me from getting a full onset of the flu. I take this pill with a full meal, and have had no problems with upset stomach or anything like that. Only side effect is insomnia!! :("

SabresFan4 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2015

"Husband was diagnosed with influenza B (swab) but had had symptoms too long to get Tamiflu. However, when a coworker and I talked, she was surprised to find that the clinic had not prescribed it to me as I have a pre-existing lung condition. Hubby was diagnosed Thursday night; I got Tamiflu Rx by phone on Friday. Was to use one a day for 10 days as prophylaxis; two a day if I showed symptoms. By Friday night, had congestion, fever etc. Had headache and slight fever for two days; now on fifth day, the only thing I'm battling is cough/chest congestion and fatigue. Convinced that Tamiflu helped immensely, particularly as husband's symptoms were far worse than what I ever endured."

BestBeloved'sBabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015

"I started taking Tamiflu yesterday. I've had the classic symptoms of the flu: body aches, fever, sweats, congestion, runny nose, sneezing, nausea, headache, dizziness,exhaustion, etc. I was prescribed Tamiflu to take. After 24 hours, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. It has lesson the symptoms dramatically: no fever, few body aches, no dizziness, less congestion, no sneezing, and very little nausea. I would highly suggest people to take Tamiflu with food. I took it with a banana and apple sauce. Like many others, I was worried about the side effects, but I was already nauseated to begin with. It actually helped my nausea subside so that I was able to eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup. The only downside is that it is expensive."

Does Work! (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

"I began taking Tamiflu at about the 72 hr mark. They say this is borderline that it can help at this stage. I felt so bad (headache, body aches, hot/cold, cough) that the doctor decided to try it. After 2 doses, fever broke, aches are gone and only slight coughing. Still a little fatigued. Wasn't sure this would work... But I believe it now."

Anonymous March 12, 2015

"Started feeling ill at lunchtime yesterday, by the time I went to the doctor at 7pm, had a 101° fever, chills, nausea, headache, muscle spasms, severe tachycardia, etc. Was prescribed Tamiflu, took first dose at 9pm along with Tylenol and Zofran. Took another dose this morning and already feel a night and day difference. Majority of symptoms are fine, still treating headache and low grade fever with Tylenol, but don't feel like I've been hit by an 18 Wheeler anymore. If you catch it early, Tamiflu works wonders. Take with some crackers because stomach can get a little bubbly."

smcarlet March 1, 2015

"Fever 103 tested + flu B started Tamiflu. Fever broke but had horrible headaches, insomnia and total loss of appetite. Headache was horrible. Stopped taking it at day 4 and still have headache and feel "off" not right."

MaryannF February 22, 2015

"it is effective.got a good medication.."

ankur1977 February 21, 2015

"I was very worried to take this medicine after reading some of the reviews. I thought I would rather let the flu run its course instead of taking the medicine and risk getting sick to my stomach. I made sure to take the meds after eating a snack on the larger side/a meal and did not have a problem. My stomach felt a little upset about 2 hours after taking it, but not for very long. Within 10 hours of taking the first pill I could already see results. My 102 degree fever had went away and I was able to function again. That night I was sweating quite a bit, but I believe it was my fever breaking. I was a little tired the next day, I'm guessing from being worn down from the flu, but had no fever. It is definitely worth taking, but with food."

Anonymous February 6, 2015

"On Monday night I started experiencing a runny nose and feeling kind of dizzy so I decided to go to bed. I woke up the next morning feeling terrible. I was aching the entire day all over my body. I had the chills, sore throat, headache, and a fever of 100.2. I felt like crap so I decided to go to the doctors and they tested me for the flu and it came back positive. I had influenza so my doctor put me on Tamiflu. The first night was the worst, I did eat something hoping the medication would give me no side effects, but I was vomiting and my body was aching so badly. It took me forever to fall asleep but when I woke up the next morning I had no aches and no chills. Each day was better being on Tamiflu."

Kat A February 6, 2015

"The usual flu symptoms. Tamiflu cut out everything but some coughing after 12-24 hours. Felt like a miracle."

Wow-wow February 4, 2015

"Co-worker was diagnosed with the flu. 48 hours later I had fever, headache, joint aches and cough and went to doctor. Nasal smear confirmed strain A. Within 24 hours of starting Tamiflu, symptoms were better. Three days after starting Tamiflu feeling much better with no fever or headache. Still have cough but getting better. First time I have taken this medicine. But it made me a believer!"

Dlttlrr (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2015

"I work as ER case manager, there was many cases of influenza. Some how I became exposed without even doing any patient care. Wednesday chills started, Thursday at work had itchy throat and thought it was allergies. Friday had increased congestion, cold like symptoms, malaise, and body aches; I sent myself home early. Went to urgent care, felt sick as a dog, knew fever was coming, waited 1 and a 1/2 hours with a mask on and snotty nose. Test positive for influenza A, filled my expensive Tamiflu prescription; next day, fever gone but very tired with upper respiratory issues. Come Monday feeling better, stronger but still taking breathing treatments. Med works but has difficulty with those who have asthma or other respiratory diagnosis."

Rad510wagon (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2015

"I have COPD so flu can be fatal. I was admitted to the ER, diagnosed type A with a very high white count. Enter Tamiflu thank God. After a night in ICU on bpap machine I made it through the worst. White blood count after 36 hours was normal. This medication saved my life and that is not an exaggeration in any way or form. I am so thankful for the medicine and for the research team. All I can say now is I CAN BREATHE!"

alohavolcano (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2015

"I was swabbed and diagnosed with Influenza Type A - H2N3. I started Tamiflu about 18 hours after initial symptom onset. Two days after starting Tamiflu, the worst symptoms are almost entirely gone. I am still fatigued and have some respiratory crud, but the severe headache, muscle and joint pain, and fever are gone. I have some minor, transient nausea, but I don't know if that's the medicine or the illness. "

Risskia January 29, 2015

"Had the flu for 3 days, then decided to go to the doctor, was prescribed Tamfilu, within 2 days, I was already feeling a lot better. Wished I would have went sooner, this medicine is great!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2015

"I took Tamiflu as soon as I had symptoms (achy, fever, cough, etc.). My husband had just been in bed with the flu for a couple of days and the doctor gave me Tamiflu in case I became symptomatic. Woke up this morning and feel ill but more like a cold. No fever, etc. Not so exhausted I cannot move as without Tamiflu. Everyone I know who has taken Tamiflu has really good results and very little side effects if any. Research on this medication is not so great for probably a variety of reasons. If you have flu symptoms and/or flu give it a try."

Brel1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

"Felt achy, feverish and developed a cough out of no where, for about a day, that night extremely fatigued. Went to Dr on my 2nd day, diagnosed with Flu after a swab. Started Tamiflu that night, learned not to take on empty stomach, horrible diarrhea. After day 3, no more fever, fatigue almost gone. Still have stuffy nose and cough a lot better. It works, and it works well. Just remember drink fluids and eat something before taking it, even if it's a slice of bread. No other side effects."

Karyk (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2015

"Went to doctor yesterday, after one full day of a low grade fever, chills, aches, and stuffy nose with a little chest congestion. I didn't feel like I got hit by a Mack truck, still went to work etc. I decided to go to the doctor earlier than I normally would have. They did a swab test and confirmed I had the flu. They gave me Tamiflu. It's been about 36 hours and three doses into it and I feel at least 90% better. My wife's doctor prescribed it for her as a preventative. Neither of us have had any side effects. We both took them with food."

Travel Passat (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2015