User Reviews for Tamiflu

Learn more about Tamiflu.

Tamiflu review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 66 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Tamiflu to treat Influenza

Review by pood:

Tamiflu worked quick but it left me with no taste or smell scared to finish halfway through.

June 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by Melsh:

I rarely get sick but by the time I left work on Thursday I had the chills and a fever of 102. Went to Patient First Walk in clinic on Friday morning because I couldn't get in to see my doctor. They confirmed I had the flu. Prescribed Tamiflu and after the 2nd dose my fever is gone and I feel close to normal. The key is catching it in the first 24-48 hours.

March 15, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by Kwill714:

Symptoms on Monday afternoon and went to doctor on Wednesday morning. Nasal positive test for flu. By 2nd dose fever broke and felt better. Has caused insomnia and/or only able to sleep for short periods (1-3 hrs at a time) and wild dreams. Also some ringing in my ears. Took all doses with food.

March 14, 2014 3:38 AM

Review by Sosoreview:

I tested positive at the Doctor's for influenza A. Took the medicine 34 hours after onset. Now at day 2 I feel better, but have insomnia and persistent ringing into ears.

March 6, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by Joshua's Mom (taken for less than 1 month):

My 11 month old son had a fever of about 103. After a strict rotation of Motrin and Tylenol (as directed over the phone by our pediatrician) we managed to keep the fever down until the next morning when we could get to the office. He tested positive for influenza, and the doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I was a bit skeptical because of my son's age, but followed doctors orders. Twenty four hours after the first dose, my son was chasing the dog around the living room at full speed, giggling relentlessly. I made sure to always give the medicine on a full tummy, and he didn't seem to have any unpleasant side effects. I am definitely sold on this medication.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2014 12:59 AM

Review by PVA (taken for less than 1 month):

I was recovering from bacterial pneumonia and feeling very, very good. Suddenly my cough returned, I had the chills, was running a fever and felt achy all over. I was able to get into the Doc immediately, was swabbed for influenza and tested positive for Influenza Type A. Tamiflu was ordered. Day one I was able to take one pill, this is day 3 and I feel at least 90% better. No side effects and thankful I went back to my physician for follow-up care. PS. I had both the pneumonia and flu shot this year. Thank you, Tamiflu.

February 21, 2014 10:40 AM

Review by willsmom (taken for less than 1 month):

My 6 yr old son began having flu symptoms on a Saturday afternoon after having been exposed to the flu earlier in the week. He began taking Tamiflu Saturday evening. That Sunday he had a low grade fever most of the day and felt achy and rundown but was still active. By Monday he no longer had a fever, was eating normally and it was as if nothing had ever happened. He said that it tasted bad but he did not experience any unpleasant side effects.

February 10, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by fluflu:

Tested positive for H1N1 on Monday after feeling MISERABLE! Was unable to breathe from my nose, sore throat, back ache, terrible cough that made my ribs burn. Started the meds Tuesday & now (Wednesday afternoon) I'm feeling tons better! Achiness is gone, breathing easier, not quite so tired. It was expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by HippieTM:

I took Tamiflu about 30 hours after showing flu symptoms. A nasal swab showed I was positive for Type A Influenza. I vomited about an 1 1/2 after the first two doses. I was tempted to stop the medication but did not. I am feeling nearly 100% better and it is now day 4. I would definitely take this again.

January 29, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by WCC CA:

What a relief. Within 2 hours of ingesting 1st pill my symptoms began to improve. Congestion and body aches diminished. Within a few hours of 2nd pill I'm almost normal - such as that might be. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! Eat JUST before injesting. Otherwise nausea and cramps will not be enjoyable.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2014 1:03 PM

Review by FlugoawY (taken for less than 1 month):

I took this medication because I was diagnosed h1n1 type a via swab in nose. I tried to heL my self with homeopathic medicine unfortunately it did not work. I was prescribed tama flu in after the 2 pill day 2 I felt 75 percent better. No side affects for me so far and my body is super sensitive to meds. Glad I started taken this on day 3. It's very pricey but I'd rather pay that then feel as bad as I did.

January 21, 2014 12:48 AM

Review by Janelle Levesque:

I took this medicine the night I spiked a temp of 102.9 and a few hours later I was able to sleep, I woke up and my fever was nearly gone, the coughing, body aches, and sweating were too. Mid-day I felt very good, I felt like I was going to be hospitalized before the medicine started to work, I was really sick. The one thing is the Tamiflu makes me real tired and I feel a little disoriented and dizzy, but I take that over the way I felt.

January 8, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by klc241 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Caused me painful nausea and then vomiting about 30 minutes after taking it. Had to use a suppository promethazine to relieve nausea. Took it again about 5 years later for another flu - same thing happened. Just made me feel worse, but it worked for the rest of my family.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Jo32#!:

Works awesome, put me back on my feet in 2 days. I didn't experience any side effects. The only bad part was the price.

January 1, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by Rareanddelicateflower:

I have flu many times over the last half century, but last year, even after flu vaccine, was the absolute worst. This year symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks on a Friday afternoon: pulse of 120, fever of 102, terrible chills and body aches. I headed straight to a clinic (doc's office was closed) and got a prescription for Tamiflu, which I started immediately. When I awoke the next day my symptoms were much better. I still had the flu, but a mild case.

November 17, 2013 5:35 PM

Review by Dee Dum:

Flu came out of nowhere on a Saturday. Chills and headache were the worst but also had cough, earache, body aches. Temp was 102. Spent the weekend in bed, not sure I would survive. Went to DR. on Monday and tested positive for flu. Started Tamiflu and a Z-pak. By Tuesday I was feeling much better. Expensive but I do not regret the cost because it worked and I only had to pay copay. Many years since I had the flu and was much worse than I could imagine. Would pay whole $80 if needed.

September 24, 2013 2:01 AM

Review by lizarie59:

Went to Dr with flu. Started Tamiflu. In two days, started noticing a rash, swelling in hands, arms, legs and feet. Could not sleep, though extremely tired. Weakness and dizziness was terrible.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2013 2:43 PM

Review by brittg (taken for less than 1 month):

Tuesday 2am chills, sweats, fever, horrible bodyaches, headache. Got in to see Dr on Wednesday 10am and tested positively for influenza. Took first dose of Tamiflu right after Dr's appointment and its now Friday 11am and I'm feeling different. I can actually get around the house no fever, sweats, chills, headache, etc. just still draggy and tired but still 2 days of medicine left. I will say definitely works!

February 15, 2013 4:30 PM

Flu came on quickly on Saturday. Docs office was closed and I was sick all day Sunday and called first thing Monday morning and they got me in for an appointment. Fever was 102 with chills, headache, etc. I got the flu shot several months prior but it covered the wrong strain which is the one that hit me. Doc gave me prescription for Tamiflu which I started right away. I still stayed home from work Monday and Tuesday but felt better on Wednesday, still a bit sluggish though. Did this help shorten the duration? Not certain but I think it definitely did help.

February 7, 2013 11:45 AM

Review by CaseyKizzle:

Came home from college classes at 10:15 am got out of my car and felt the chills coming. Went upstairs to rest and figured that I'm sick. Called my doc and scheduled an appointment. He prescribed me Tamiflu and I thought, "Anything that makes this cruddy feeling go away is better than nothing." Took one when I got home at 4pm and one at 9pm. Woke up the next morning feeling way better than the day before. Fever went down, slight headache persisted. Otherwise, a champion of a medicine!

February 1, 2013 10:46 PM

Review by HomeOPathic preferred:

Most effective. Thought I had a cold from travel, but had high fever unusual for me [30 years since last time!] Unresponsive to Aspirin/Tylenol. Diagnosed with Influenza A. 2 Capsules & 18 hours later POOF, fever gone & 98.6. Other Conditions persist: Chills with sweats, hazy feeling, equilibrium off, cough transitioning to yellow mucus. Side effects: 30 hours since fever dropped, body temperature has remained 1-2 degrees below normal. Eyesight is impaired where I see better without my glasses far, but have trouble reading small print like medicine instructions with glasses. Continued ringing in my ears. Insomnia because I should be drop-dead tired.

January 22, 2013 8:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I thought I was going to die from the flu. Had it for right around 48 hours when I was able to find one of those speed clinics that can get it for you. Felt 100% better within 24 hours. It's amazing.

January 18, 2013 10:18 PM

Review by jheard (taken for less than 1 month):

This medicine is a miracle! This is day two and I feel great.

January 17, 2013 8:33 PM

Review by flutypebmom:

Husband became suddenly violently ill on Friday. On Sunday, 4 year old daughter started running a fever that went away. On Monday, 4-year-old fever was back mid-afternoon, husband barely moving. 4-year-old had diarrhea as well. On Tuesday, 4-year-old tested positive for Type B, got liquid Tamiflu. Very sick Tuesday morning, took first dose that afternoon. Daughter vomited. Wednesday daughter was obviously better, husband still horribly sick. Thursday, daughter is up and dancing. Still have diarrhea, but will take this over husband's version any day. Expensive though.

January 17, 2013 2:22 PM