User Reviews for Tamiflu

Learn more about Tamiflu.

Influenza 52 reviews 83 medications

Swine Flu 12 reviews 2 medications

7.5
Avian Influenza 1 reviews 1 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 1 reviews 54 medications

Summary of Tamiflu reviews 66 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Tamiflu

Review by Eddie456:

For Influenza: I came down with the flu while traveling for work, and a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 8:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza Prophylaxis: Experienced rapid heartbeat and bloodshot eyes on second day as well as blurred vision on the fourth day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 7:41 AM

Review by ML Ellis:

For Influenza: I started with symptoms Friday night and immediately started Tamiflu. I tested positive for flu A. This medicine works wonders for the flu. My advice is to anyone who starts to experience symptoms to get to a doc immediately. I still have some congestion but I feel 95% better!

January 19, 2015 6:36 PM

Review by stevoreho:

For Influenza: Was sick on Friday then took Tamiflu at night didn't sleep very well but felt 80% better next day. Just eat something with it. It works pretty good.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 6:16 PM

Review by Erine017 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: This really works. I was amazed at the results, almost bedridden took the pill felt better within 24 hours, still tired the body aches and flu like feeling mostly gone. Didn't believe it would work but it does.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 1:45 AM

Review by Trying a new thing:

For Influenza: My 9 year old son got influenza A in spite of receiving his annual flu shot. His temp was up to 104 when we took him in - very scary. He took the Tamiflu right before bed and woke up with a reduced fever! It doesn't work like an antibiotic where he started getting better fast but I definately feel like it is helping. I was a little nervous because no one in our family has ever used it before but I'm grateful we did. He took with a few crackers and his stomach was fine with it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 5:00 PM

Review by Danholio (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Woke on a Sat. with a temp of 100.5. Popped two Advil and made it to 4 p.m. when I realized I was sick. Trip to doc in the box confirmed type A flu. Took first dose of Tamiflu Sunday night at 10 p.m., slept through the night, took second does at 10 a.m. the following morning. Feeling much better just tired. Eat something before you take the meds. My stomach was tore up because I did not eat a snack with the morning dose.

January 11, 2015 5:27 PM

Review by Mimiluv (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: I was told Tamiflu was amazing but I didn't think it was going to be. I got the medicine the first day I discovered I had all the symptoms of the flu. I was running a fever of 102 and my body was killing me. It hurt to move at all. I took my first dose at night. I woke up the next morning and my body felt like I had experienced a miracle. My muscles weren't sore anymore AT ALL. I felt at least 50% better after one dose! I'm on day 3 of the medicine and I feel pretty good considering how the flu usually has you feeling. I predict I will be fully functioning by tomorrow.

January 7, 2015 9:09 AM

Review by Fluintexas:

For Influenza: Live in central Texas and did get a flu shot. Flu symptoms started on Monday at 3 am. I took Tamiflu Monday at 7 pm. (Got flu 2 years ago And learned you have to take quickly after symptoms). My fever is better (hovering at 99.8) and aches are lessening, but man it makes me sick to my stomachs for about an hour after taking it. However it's worth it. Just took my third dose. Hopefully I'll get back to normal.

January 6, 2015 10:31 PM

Review by Cjh1114:

For Influenza: This medicine has been a God send. I had a horrible case of the flu- coughing, sore throat, tons of snot, fever, and horrible chills. I started this medication and by two doses in, I started feeling better. My fever broke and I feel 80% better. I still feel exhausted but without all of the horrible symptoms. No side effects. Highly recommend the medicine-- just eat when you take it.

January 4, 2015 4:33 PM

Review by whaddyanuts (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Symptoms began on a Monday. Tested positive for influenza A on Wednesday and started Tamiflu. It's Friday and I feel worse than I did yesterday. Fever returned today, slept poorly last night, headache worse, terrible taste in my mouth. Hate to run back to doc already. Maybe it was too late for the Tamiflu?

January 2, 2015 12:16 PM

Review by Kaseyy17:

For Influenza: The taste makes me gag and after every time I take it I feel nauseous but after taking it for 5 days I feel so much better, it was worth taking

December 26, 2014 7:58 PM

Review by Pregnant with flu (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Well, 7 weeks pregnant and diagnosed with tonsillitis and influenza. Tamiflu caused me to have continuous projectile vomiting for 3 hours after taking it. I had to discontinue treatment and ride the flu out. Body is handling the Amoxicillin fine though for the tonsillitis.

December 25, 2014 10:27 AM

Review by JJinNV (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Tamiflu rocks! Had horrible chills, headache, cough, body aches, and temperatures over 101. Took my first pill on the second day of the flu and was 60% better the following morning and feeling almost normal by that afternoon. No side effects that I could tell. I had a flu shot but got it anyway. Just my luck.

December 17, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: I am 40 years old, fever for three days wih chills and body aches. Went to the Clinic and had a temp of 103.4 within a couple hours of taking Tamiflu with Mortrin (advised by the Doctor) my fever was down to 99 degrees. I just took my second dose and starting to feel better. It was $124 with insurance but totally worth it.

December 2, 2014 3:32 AM

Review by pood:

For Influenza: Tamiflu worked quick but it left me with no taste or smell scared to finish halfway through.

June 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by Melsh:

For Influenza: I rarely get sick but by the time I left work on Thursday I had the chills and a fever of 102. Went to Patient First Walk in clinic on Friday morning because I couldn't get in to see my doctor. They confirmed I had the flu. Prescribed Tamiflu and after the 2nd dose my fever is gone and I feel close to normal. The key is catching it in the first 24-48 hours.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by Kwill714:

For Influenza: Symptoms on Monday afternoon and went to doctor on Wednesday morning. Nasal positive test for flu. By 2nd dose fever broke and felt better. Has caused insomnia and/or only able to sleep for short periods (1-3 hrs at a time) and wild dreams. Also some ringing in my ears. Took all doses with food.

March 14, 2014 3:38 AM

Review by Sosoreview:

For Influenza: I tested positive at the Doctor's for influenza A. Took the medicine 34 hours after onset. Now at day 2 I feel better, but have insomnia and persistent ringing into ears.

March 6, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by Joshua's Mom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: My 11 month old son had a fever of about 103. After a strict rotation of Motrin and Tylenol (as directed over the phone by our pediatrician) we managed to keep the fever down until the next morning when we could get to the office. He tested positive for influenza, and the doctor prescribed Tamiflu. I was a bit skeptical because of my son's age, but followed doctors orders. Twenty four hours after the first dose, my son was chasing the dog around the living room at full speed, giggling relentlessly. I made sure to always give the medicine on a full tummy, and he didn't seem to have any unpleasant side effects. I am definitely sold on this medication.

March 2, 2014 12:59 AM

Review by PVA (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: I was recovering from bacterial pneumonia and feeling very, very good. Suddenly my cough returned, I had the chills, was running a fever and felt achy all over. I was able to get into the Doc immediately, was swabbed for influenza and tested positive for Influenza Type A. Tamiflu was ordered. Day one I was able to take one pill, this is day 3 and I feel at least 90% better. No side effects and thankful I went back to my physician for follow-up care. PS. I had both the pneumonia and flu shot this year. Thank you, Tamiflu.

February 21, 2014 10:40 AM

Review by willsmom (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: My 6 yr old son began having flu symptoms on a Saturday afternoon after having been exposed to the flu earlier in the week. He began taking Tamiflu Saturday evening. That Sunday he had a low grade fever most of the day and felt achy and rundown but was still active. By Monday he no longer had a fever, was eating normally and it was as if nothing had ever happened. He said that it tasted bad but he did not experience any unpleasant side effects.

February 10, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by fluflu:

For Influenza: Tested positive for H1N1 on Monday after feeling MISERABLE! Was unable to breathe from my nose, sore throat, back ache, terrible cough that made my ribs burn. Started the meds Tuesday & now (Wednesday afternoon) I'm feeling tons better! Achiness is gone, breathing easier, not quite so tired. It was expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

February 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by HippieTM:

For Influenza: I took Tamiflu about 30 hours after showing flu symptoms. A nasal swab showed I was positive for Type A Influenza. I vomited about an 1 1/2 after the first two doses. I was tempted to stop the medication but did not. I am feeling nearly 100% better and it is now day 4. I would definitely take this again.

January 29, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by WCC CA:

For Influenza: What a relief. Within 2 hours of ingesting 1st pill my symptoms began to improve. Congestion and body aches diminished. Within a few hours of 2nd pill I'm almost normal - such as that might be. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! Eat JUST before injesting. Otherwise nausea and cramps will not be enjoyable.

January 21, 2014 1:03 PM