Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Tamiflu

Learn more about Tamiflu.

Influenza 75 reviews 82 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 2 reviews 27 medications

3.5
Summary of Tamiflu reviews 90 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza: I was achy, feverish (100.4) and had a severe headache.I felt like a truck ran me over. I went to the Dr. and was prescribed Tamiflu. I took the first dose and noticed a difference. I didnt have nausea, insomnia or diarrhea. No side effects. I was skeptical as viral infections have to run their course but I'm so happy I took it.

April 8, 2015 5:58 PM

Review by ViolaBell:

For Influenza: Not worth adding the symptoms of severe headache, nausea, and vomiting to an already awful flu. The side effects from Tamiflu made my illness so much worse.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 10:40 AM

Review by Chirley111:

For Influenza: I started taking it on day 2 after dr prescribed. Although I gained some strength back but the tremendous headache, nauseousness, vomiting and diarrhea was horrible. The worst part was insomnia, could barely sleep, only slept 2-3 hrs the most at each time, body still aching.

April 3, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza Prophylaxis: I came down with the flu TYPE B a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2015 3:03 PM

Review by BestBeloved'sBabe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Husband was diagnosed with influenza B (swab) but had had symptoms too long to get Tamiflu. However, when a coworker and I talked, she was surprised to find that the clinic had not prescribed it to me as I have a pre-existing lung condition. Hubby was diagnosed Thursday night; I got Tamiflu Rx by phone on Friday. Was to use one a day for 10 days as prophylaxis; two a day if I showed symptoms. By Friday night, had congestion, fever etc. Had headache and slight fever for two days; now on fifth day, the only thing I'm battling is cough/chest congestion and fatigue. Convinced that Tamiflu helped immensely, particularly as husband's symptoms were far worse than what I ever endured.

March 19, 2015 10:00 AM

For Influenza: I began taking Tamiflu at about the 72 hr mark. They say this is borderline that it can help at this stage. I felt so bad (headache, body aches, hot/cold, cough) that the doctor decided to try it. After 2 doses, fever broke, aches are gone and only slight coughing. Still a little fatigued. Wasn't sure this would work... But I believe it now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 7:56 AM

Review by MaryannF:

For Influenza: Fever 103 tested + flu B started Tamiflu. Fever broke but had horrible headaches, insomnia and total loss of appetite. Headache was horrible. Stopped taking it at day 4 and still have headache and feel "off" not right.

February 22, 2015 3:33 PM

Review by ankur1977:

For Influenza: it is effective.got a good medication..

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 3:51 AM

For Influenza: I was very worried to take this medicine after reading some of the reviews. I thought I would rather let the flu run its course instead of taking the medicine and risk getting sick to my stomach. I made sure to take the meds after eating a snack on the larger side/a meal and did not have a problem. My stomach felt a little upset about 2 hours after taking it, but not for very long. Within 10 hours of taking the first pill I could already see results. My 102 degree fever had went away and I was able to function again. That night I was sweating quite a bit, but I believe it was my fever breaking. I was a little tired the next day, I'm guessing from being worn down from the flu, but had no fever. It is definitely worth taking, but with food.

February 6, 2015 10:11 PM

Review by Kat A:

For Influenza: On Monday night I started experiencing a runny nose and feeling kind of dizzy so I decided to go to bed. I woke up the next morning feeling terrible. I was aching the entire day all over my body. I had the chills, sore throat, headache, and a fever of 100.2. I felt like crap so I decided to go to the doctors and they tested me for the flu and it came back positive. I had influenza so my doctor put me on Tamiflu. The first night was the worst, I did eat something hoping the medication would give me no side effects, but I was vomiting and my body was aching so badly. It took me forever to fall asleep but when I woke up the next morning I had no aches and no chills. Each day was better being on Tamiflu.

February 6, 2015 12:20 PM

Review by Wow-wow:

For Influenza: The usual flu symptoms. Tamiflu cut out everything but some coughing after 12-24 hours. Felt like a miracle.

February 4, 2015 10:20 PM

Review by Dlttlrr (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Co-worker was diagnosed with the flu. 48 hours later I had fever, headache, joint aches and cough and went to doctor. Nasal smear confirmed strain A. Within 24 hours of starting Tamiflu, symptoms were better. Three days after starting Tamiflu feeling much better with no fever or headache. Still have cough but getting better. First time I have taken this medicine. But it made me a believer!

February 3, 2015 1:07 AM

Review by Rad510wagon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: I work as ER case manager, there was many cases of influenza. Some how I became exposed without even doing any patient care. Wednesday chills started, Thursday at work had itchy throat and thought it was allergies. Friday had increased congestion, cold like symptoms, malaise, and body aches; I sent myself home early. Went to urgent care, felt sick as a dog, knew fever was coming, waited 1 and a 1/2 hours with a mask on and snotty nose. Test positive for influenza A, filled my expensive Tamiflu prescription; next day, fever gone but very tired with upper respiratory issues. Come Monday feeling better, stronger but still taking breathing treatments. Med works but has difficulty with those who have asthma or other respiratory diagnosis.

February 2, 2015 8:03 AM

Review by alohavolcano (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: I have COPD so flu can be fatal. I was admitted to the ER, diagnosed type A with a very high white count. Enter Tamiflu thank God. After a night in ICU on bpap machine I made it through the worst. White blood count after 36 hours was normal. This medication saved my life and that is not an exaggeration in any way or form. I am so thankful for the medicine and for the research team. All I can say now is I CAN BREATHE!

February 1, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by Risskia:

For Influenza: I was swabbed and diagnosed with Influenza Type A - H2N3. I started Tamiflu about 18 hours after initial symptom onset. Two days after starting Tamiflu, the worst symptoms are almost entirely gone. I am still fatigued and have some respiratory crud, but the severe headache, muscle and joint pain, and fever are gone. I have some minor, transient nausea, but I don't know if that's the medicine or the illness.

January 29, 2015 12:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Had the flu for 3 days, then decided to go to the doctor, was prescribed Tamfilu, within 2 days, I was already feeling a lot better. Wished I would have went sooner, this medicine is great!

January 28, 2015 10:58 AM

Review by Brel1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: I took Tamiflu as soon as I had symptoms (achy, fever, cough, etc.). My husband had just been in bed with the flu for a couple of days and the doctor gave me Tamiflu in case I became symptomatic. Woke up this morning and feel ill but more like a cold. No fever, etc. Not so exhausted I cannot move as without Tamiflu. Everyone I know who has taken Tamiflu has really good results and very little side effects if any. Research on this medication is not so great for probably a variety of reasons. If you have flu symptoms and/or flu give it a try.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 7:02 AM

Review by Karyk (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Felt achy, feverish and developed a cough out of no where, for about a day, that night extremely fatigued. Went to Dr on my 2nd day, diagnosed with Flu after a swab. Started Tamiflu that night, learned not to take on empty stomach, horrible diarrhea. After day 3, no more fever, fatigue almost gone. Still have stuffy nose and cough a lot better. It works, and it works well. Just remember drink fluids and eat something before taking it, even if it's a slice of bread. No other side effects.

January 26, 2015 7:41 PM

Review by Travel Passat (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: Went to doctor yesterday, after one full day of a low grade fever, chills, aches, and stuffy nose with a little chest congestion. I didn't feel like I got hit by a Mack truck, still went to work etc. I decided to go to the doctor earlier than I normally would have. They did a swab test and confirmed I had the flu. They gave me Tamiflu. It's been about 36 hours and three doses into it and I feel at least 90% better. My wife's doctor prescribed it for her as a preventative. Neither of us have had any side effects. We both took them with food.

January 24, 2015 4:56 PM

Review by Happymom333:

For Influenza: My 9 yr old son got sick with the flu (confirmed by swab) on a Thursday afternoon. Before bed we gave him the Tamiflu. Overnight he was very sick with a high fever, vomiting and headache, but the next morning after his second dose of Tamiflu was already starting to feel much better, fever a lot lower and eating soup. The medicine is easier on the stomach if you eat something with it, otherwise it can cause stomach/digestion distress. Like others who posted, was skeptical about using it, especially for a child, but so far its worked well.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 9:51 AM

Review by Eddie456:

For Influenza: I came down with the flu while traveling for work, and a local clinic wrote me a prescription. The Dr told me it wouldn't make me feel better but rather shorten the duration. I figured might as well try it. I've stopped after 3 doses - awful diarrhea and nausea. I'd rather let nature take its course than go through what I have for the last 10 hours.

January 22, 2015 8:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza Prophylaxis: Experienced rapid heartbeat and bloodshot eyes on second day as well as blurred vision on the fourth day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 7:41 AM

Review by ML Ellis:

For Influenza: I started with symptoms Friday night and immediately started Tamiflu. I tested positive for flu A. This medicine works wonders for the flu. My advice is to anyone who starts to experience symptoms to get to a doc immediately. I still have some congestion but I feel 95% better!

January 19, 2015 6:36 PM

Review by stevoreho:

For Influenza: Was sick on Friday then took Tamiflu at night didn't sleep very well but felt 80% better next day. Just eat something with it. It works pretty good.

January 17, 2015 6:16 PM

Review by Erine017 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Influenza: This really works. I was amazed at the results, almost bedridden took the pill felt better within 24 hours, still tired the body aches and flu like feeling mostly gone. Didn't believe it would work but it does.

January 17, 2015 1:45 AM