User Reviews for Tamiflu

Learn more about Tamiflu.

Swine Flu 14 reviews 2 medications

7.7
Influenza 153 reviews 89 medications

Avian Influenza 1 reviews 2 medications

Influenza Prophylaxis 4 reviews 40 medications

2.2
Summary of Tamiflu reviews 172 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Tamiflu

For Influenza "I was prescribed Tamiflu for the obvious reason, to lessen the duration of my flu symptoms. WORST MISTAKE EVER. The nausea was the worst I have ever experienced. The vomiting was worse than just puking on the flu itself. The nausea and vomiting lasted about 4-5 hours after taking Tamiflu. I would never waste my money on this drug again."

HollySS14 April 26, 2016

For Influenza "First night had crazy dreams. Couldn't settle in. Next day nauseous all day. Worse than flu symptoms. I will never take again."

LoriSicktomystomach April 16, 2016

For Influenza "My daughter, 11 yo, was prescribed Tamiflu for influenza A. She took it for a day, it helped to break the fever but at a high cost of the worst nausea in her life. We decided to discontinue taking it as side effects are worse than flu symptoms on their own. Please be cautious of severe nausea if you decide to take Tamiflu."

Nilu2 April 16, 2016

For Influenza Prophylaxis "My 6 year old daughter was feeling sick. We went to Nextcare. We told the doctor she had been feeling bad for 3 or 4 days. He prescribed Tamiflu even though it says not take it to unless you have been experiencing symptoms for less than 2 days. $200 later she is worse than I have ever seen her. Watch out ,big pharmaceutical doesn't care."

Flu hater (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2016

For Influenza "Used tamiflu when needed for 3 years miracle drug and I'm glad to say I 've had no side effects up to now"

Fluvoxuk April 15, 2016

For Influenza "My son and wife both came down with bad cases of the flu, and I started to experience extreme chest tightness, cough, and fever about five days later. Took my first dose of Tamiflu about 15 hours after experiencing symptoms, and within 12 hours was feeling 50% better. Within 24 hours was 90% better. No side effects. Simply a miracle drug, and everyone should have a box in their medicine cabinet."

Flu family (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Influenza "Tamiflu worked great! I was back to my normal routine by the second dose. I didn't experience any of the side effect that others wrote about, but it was definitely worth the $27 copay."

Sicknomore75 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Influenza "Within hours of taking TAMIFLU I was hospitalized because I could not breathe from throwing up so much, my nose was stopped up from the flu and throwing up blocked my air way. Honestly paying this much money for a medication that made my life worse was not worth it. I would never recommend this medication to anyone. Yes the flu is terrible but with this it was worse. At one point while vommiting my eyes were so glazed over and I almost passed out because I was so weak. My husband was terrified for me and I honestly felt like I was having an out of body expietence. WORSE MISTAKE EVER."

Jenks3021 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

For Influenza "On day two and definitely feeling better. My wife caught the flu a day or two before me so I knew what was coming. Got tamiflu withing 24 hours of onset. I can feel symptoms strengthening as I get 10 or so hours after dose (dosing every 12 hours). Not a miracle but anything that that makes this hellish flu less horrible is very, very welcome indeed. No stomach problems."

Flubird April 8, 2016

For Influenza "Tamiflu worked great for me. I was up moving around and feeling much better after the second dose. The only side effect I experienced was a little insomnia, but that could have been caused by the flu itself. Remember, like any other drug, results vary by individual. Tamiflu is not a miracle drug, and will not work the same for everyone."

scottorr75 April 8, 2016

For Influenza "One hundred and fifty nine dollars of my hard earned money WASTED! If i had already felt close to death TAMIFLU nearly killed me projectile vomited for three hrs after taking it! Wasn't even nauseous before taking it! Don't do it!"

backfromthedead! April 7, 2016

For Influenza "My son started running a mild fever (100.2), and I took him to the doctor the same day. He tested positive for Flu B, so the Dr prescribed Tamiflu. I also started feeling sick the same day, so I started Tamiflu as well. We both took our double dose that same day. The next day my son woke up with a mild fever, but it went away without Advil or Tylenol. I woke up feeling 10xs better than I did the day before. We have been continuing our tamiflu twice daily, and plan on finishing it. We are on day 3. I think the people who have negative reviews, for one did not start it soon enough, and two you have to finish all of your tamiflu as prescribed. You can't stop, because you feel better. It was worth the price for us! Amazing stuff!"

Dlauren105 April 7, 2016

For Influenza "Seemed effective in eradicating my flu symptoms quickly... but traded those for a brutal headache and dizziness. I stopped after three days, and two days after stopping dizziness only new wearing off. Tamiflu? No thanks."

Brett12345 April 5, 2016

For Swine Flu "This medication was seriously a life saver. I was diagnosed the day after I started showing symptoms and took it pretty much after I left the pharmacy. I went from a 102 fever to normal within six hours. It'd day three and I still have a bit of a cough, but I don't feel nearly as wretched as I have the past couple of days. The only complaint I would have is it makes me dizzy if I stand up for too long at a time."

PoorGradStudent (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Influenza "I went to urgent care on second day of constantly vomiting and body aches with stuffy nose. And I ended up having flu and a stomach virus. So I was given nausea meds and tamiflu. So it did not make me sick like most people thanks to Zofran. But two days after starting I feel almost 100% unfortunetly it keeps me up ALL night. But no sleep is better than the flu..."

Meaghan512243134784332 April 4, 2016

For Influenza "When my 3 year old was diagnosed with the flu, our pediatrician prescribed our whole family tamiflu in case others came down with it. Within 48 hours, my 2 year old and 8 month old spiked fevers. I treated their flu with tamiflu within hours of symptom onset. Less then 24 hours later, both boys have no fever and minimal symptoms. Seriously a life saver. We didn't experience any side effects. I had heard a lot of negative things about the side effects, I was apprehensive-but it saved our family!!!"

RMomof4 March 28, 2016

For Influenza "I began Tamiflu on my second day of fever. Vomiting/nauseous within an hour of taking it. Keep at it for 3 more doses then this morning didn't take any. I'll consider the vaccine next year! Other products you can return for a refund if dissatisfied. Wonder how that would go over?"

Angie the sicko March 28, 2016

For Influenza "My husband tested positive for the flu on 2nd day of having symptoms. His Dr prescribed Tamiflu for both he and I since I slept in same bed while he was sick. One day later, I started to feel symptoms as well...aches, chills & fever. I immediately started the tamiflu & was only out of commission for 1 full day. Tamiflu is amazing if you start it early enough."

LynnAnneA March 28, 2016

For Influenza "Woke up in the am chest felt on fire. Went to work and fever started. Left work and went to doc and prescribed tamiflu. Took 1st pill 14 hours after initial symptoms. Fever broke by 1am and went to work the next day feeling slightly fatigued. After reading several reviews and keeping in mind what the doctor said, this medicine is most effective taken within the 1st 48hrs but clearly the sooner the better. It's a miracle drug if you act fast and don't drag it out."

Ab30 March 27, 2016

For Influenza "Tamiflu made me so sick....I already had the flu and tamiflu made me vomit. Terrible drug. Costly and so not worth it."

Fluish (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Influenza "I took Tamiflu within 7 hours of developing a fever. I had full flu symptoms including headache, body aches, chills, fever even while on ibuprofen. About two hours after taken first dose of tamiflu Fever broke and body aches subsided... I went from feeling like I would die to just a bit fatigued. I had absolutely no issue with nasaeau- but I was having nausea due to fever before taking tamiflu. Miracle drug!"

Cmom2257 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Influenza "Tamiflu is THE worst medicine I have ever taken. It made me puke every time I took it and made my fever worse !! Some influenza medicine !! Very unhappy (& still sick)."

BeingSickSuckszz March 24, 2016

For Influenza "This medication worked wonders for my 17 year old. Caught it within 24 hours. She has PTSD, and is on other medication as well. Never seen aggressive behavior out of her at all. Every medication works differently on people. I paid 60.00 with insurance, but in my opinion it's better than thousands on an ER Bill, OR hospital stay. My daughter felt better after the 2nd dose. She's 5'6, and 104 pounds."

LissaJo (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Influenza "My son has an egg allergy and therefore has never been able to be vaccinated against the flu. For the first time at 13, he came down with the flu, and he really thought he was going to die. Severe resp. distress and temps of up to 104 that would not budge. Started Tamiflu on day 2 along with antibiotic for possible pneumonia, and he is eating and drinking and feeling like a new person on day #2. Tamiflu probably saved us a two day hospital stay. I guarantee the antibiotic did not work its magic in 1 day. Well worth the $125.00 after insurance paid about $190.00. Price most likely because liquid form."

SKRose March 22, 2016

For Influenza "The only negative I experienced with tamiflu is nausea. I finished my last dose Monday night and now being Friday i still feel nauseous. I almost feel like I am relapsing but I read mild flu symptoms can last up to 2 weeks (such as fatigue and aches). Not to mention this drug was over $100 with insurance, but overall I am happy I took it as it very well may have sped things up for me. Good luck everyone! I am definitely getting the flu shot next year "

Dgirl23232 March 18, 2016