User Reviews for Savella

Learn more about Savella.

Savella Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Savella to treat Fibromyalgia

"I was diagnosed in 1993 with Fibromyalgia, didn't believe it was a legitimate condition. With information now available, I have accepted that I do in fact have Fibro. I don't buy in to taking prescriptions if at all possible, this condition has forced me to seek some relief in the form of RX. I started Savella a little over a month ago and am thrilled with the results. Trying to not get too excited, but I really do feel better. The pain is better, I have a clearer mindset, the fatigue is less and I could not be happier. I did have dizziness and heart palpitations but they have lessened over time. I suggest you try if you want some semblance of a life back."

DCee April 28, 2016

"Didn't help with pain and I am still tired But made me more talkative. I am not going to spend anymore money on it my insurance won't cover it Not worth it."

S luv b April 17, 2016

"I've only been on it a few days. Started slow which was perfect. I had crippling pain for years but only a few days on it and I've noticed small amounts of relief from pain and a wonderful burst in energy and feeling of happiness. My husband says in getting back to my old self which feels amazing. It's only been a few days but I haven't had any negative side effects. I expect to continue feeling better each day. I had severe insomnia for 8 months. Even after crazy amounts of sleep aids it could still take me 4 hrs to fall asleep. The last 2 nights I was able to sleep with no sleep aids. First time in months! It's only the first week on the medicine but I've had a great experience so far. I have high hopes that it will continue"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

"I had been taking Savella for about four years and had no idea how well it was working until I decided to go off of it, because I do not like taking any medication. Within a few days, it was clear that without medication ( Savella) I was going to be in pain. I saw my doctor and asked to try something else. I was put on bupropion and then later switched to Adderall for the chronic fatigue and pain, caused by fibromyalgiai. The bupropion made me dopey and lethargic, even after two months. Then I tried Adderall, which did help with the fatigue but the pain came back and worsened over the next two months. I am totally convinced that nothing works better than Savella...at least for me. I started back on Savella and feel great."

Princess Candy Pants March 28, 2016

"please check with the manufacturer of any drug you can not afford. Many have programs to help you get it."

godaboveall March 1, 2016

"Been I it for over a month seemed to work give me a clear mind still had night pains now I'm getting pain in my grown area been like that for over a week now I've had bad headache and sweating gonna stop I'm getting f side effects it's lost its appeal"

Amtrak February 25, 2016

"I've almost reached the end of my titration pack and I'm going to continue using this medication. So far, I haven't had a huge improvement in pain but it does seem to help a small amount. I'm hoping this improves. My mood has become so much better. I have the desire to want to go out and do things again. I'm happier. That itself, has made a big difference in my life. I feel more like myself again after years and years of clinical depression. At the beginning, it did make me feel very nauseous. This only happened for a few days. It's worth going through!"

ThisIsAgoodOne February 7, 2016

"3 months on Savella experienced no relief for Fibromyalgia. Dr increased dosage to double. Even though I was experiencing severe constipation to point of rectal bleeding, insomnia, intense pain. 2 months later I experienced severe seizure, stopped breathing, heart beating, resulting in a stroke."

Imame (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2016

"I started titrating and I'm close to reaching max dose of 50mg 2x day. I have experienced severe insomnia, restlessness, and anxiety along with depression. I also take abilify, Ativan, klonopin, and extended release ambien and I still can't fall asleep. The fibro pain however, is almost gone."

Purple flowers (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 4 years ago. Have tried lyrica, cymbalta, flexeril and all I experienced was nausea and no relief of my pain, itching and general discomfort. Savella has been the only medication to relieve my symptoms with only mild dizziness. Unfortunately my insurance will not cover it in 2016 and my cost will be over $130/month."

Alime December 29, 2015

"At first it helped with pain and fatigue but after two years, bad side effects. Hot flashes, not hormonal, pain, fatigue etc. Trying to stop taking it but having lots of leg cramps while titrating off. Good luck all!"

PainSucksAllTheTime (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2015

"I am on day 14 of the starter pack and I have to stop. I have had nausea, vomiting, dizzy spells, blurry vision, drunk feeling. I was stopping Venlefexine and slowly tapering off while starting savella. I had a rash for about 24 hours too. This is the worst side effects from a medication I have ever had. I have also lost about 4 pounds in 3 days because I have not been able to eat."

T t December 23, 2015

"I have recently started taking Savella and it has really made a difference in my mood, clarity and desire to do things. I have less pain....still have pain but some how it's not as debilitating. Very pleased so far.....as far as side effects ....I have most of the issues it causes any way so not sure how I would know if it was fibro or the drug. This has been a very postive experience. I still take Lyrica .....this is one I would like to stop taking but I can't convince my neurologist."

DebHanna December 16, 2015

"After years and years of pain and lack of energy, finally got my life back only after 5 days on it and I am back to be my old me. Love it!!!"

josefina colon November 10, 2015

"Today is my 4th day on the 4-week titration. I'm starting the 25mg today. The first 2-days I felt a burning in the back of my throat. By the third day it was considerably less. On the the second day (12.5mg) I already began to feel the benefits of the medications. The pain had subsided and my energy was back! The extreme burning sensation in my upper back was gone. I'm hopeful that this medication will help me return to work. I still have the pain in my hands. The only con is the excessive sweating primarily in the evening. I'm hoping this will subside. On day two my head was drenched but I had energy and my pain level went from an 8 to a 4. I wil continue to update my progress."

lillypurpleberry November 1, 2015

"After years of pain, I was diagnosed with fibro about two years ago. I thought I could change my diet and lifestyle to make the pain go away. Using vitamins, going gluten free, light supportive yoga etc. After suffering for about 5 years I finally broke down and went back to my doctor to ask for medication. She gave me savella. I have just completed the graduated starter pack, and let me tell you....work thru the nausea, insomina, dizziness and headaches. I have never felt this good in my life. I still don't have much of an appetite, and get a headache here and there, and from my clothes hanging off of me, I know I have lost weight. (I refuse to own a scale, they are evil!) I start my second month tomorrow, and pray that this continues."

littleabner October 28, 2015

"Savella has changed my life. I can't believe that I do not have anymore pain after 15 years. My legs, and arms would ache me so bad. I would cry day after day. The only thing I hate is the out of pocket money I have to pay, because of insurance not wanting to pay. They wanted me to try the other drugs first. Was not on their list I guess UnitedHealthCare. They approved, but I still have to pay a lot."

Lucada September 9, 2015

"Very effective for fibromyalgia pain. Does not help with fatigue."

Anonymous September 7, 2015

"It helped me I almost felt normal, but the hot flashes the sweating and I was mean"

honey64 August 9, 2015

"It has helped me more than anything I have ever tried. I was able to get off pain medicine. I have tried everything , it is wonderful."

Ltrain May 27, 2015

"I have taken Savella now, 100 mg 2 times a day for 5 years now, with Fantastic results. I have tried so many including cymbolta, which worked well also, but I had many side effects. I recently saw a neurologist and he had never seen anyone take 100 mg twice a day, but it was the only way it worked for me. I was able to stop Taking Gabapentin, which I took 3 times a day. My pain on Savella has gone from 10 to zero."

CherylannHutch May 6, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Savella since 2010 (5 years). I had tried Cymbalta and Lyrica prior to Savella--both of those made me gain so much weight I became depressed. Savella was amazing after the two weeks of hellish side effects to get on it. I had brain zaps, manic phases, irritability, sweating, and sleeplessness--then no symptoms for 4 years. In the last year, I've developed tachycardia--which I blame on Savella. Interestingly, I've also developed idiopathic anaphylactic allergies in the last year. All in all, I think Savella did it's job and pulled me out of the cycle of pain. It practically cured my vulvadynia. But I would have had another child if the pregnancy side effects were known."

Chippette March 26, 2015

"I was given a 4 week titration pack to try Savella for my Fibromyalgia. I started noticing night sweats & hot flashes. Then on day 19 I was working at a show & had flushing, increased BP, Pulse & sweats so bad that my clothing was wet. I felt like my heart was going to explode. I must have some "lost moments" where I didn't know what I was doing. It was pretty scary so I stopped taking them & told my doctor on my followup visit."

gourdguru (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2015

"Really wanted this to work had allergic reaction to Cymbalta but it was helping fibro so tried Savella. Have been doing titration pack. Never got higher than 50 mg in 3 weeks but my neck has been stiff, headache, stomach pain, bloating, anxiety increased achy feeling like the flu. So I plan to stop it and see if things improve . Diagnosed with fibromyalgia 20 years ago and haven't felt this bad in a long time. So disappointed."

jaisa January 20, 2015

"Works great, don't miss a dose! Helps a lot with pain."

Danvic (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 24, 2014