User Reviews for Lysine

Herpes Simplex 5 reviews 6 medications

Herpes Simplex, Suppression 16 reviews 3 medications

Summary of Lysine reviews 21 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Lysine

L-Lysine (lysine) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have been using 1500mg, (500mg/3x a day) of L-Lysine for years with no ill affects. No Herpes Simplex breakouts either. I keep meticulous records of all my blood work and it has been nearly perfect."

10Nokata (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I hsve HSV1 on geitals from oral sex. I was in denial. 1 had 3 red spots in labia major..turn to ulcer state.. terrible burn during urination &.crazy tingly itchy. and red swollen vulva duffeted a week...I read about lysine. took 3 1000 mg per day.after 3 days marked reduction almost gone"

Susieq60 April 12, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Before I took lysine. I have avg 1 or 2 out breaks a yr. I been taking lysine for about 6 months and just recentlly I got two outbreaks back to back. A month a part."

Hsv1dad April 10, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've had HSV-2 genital herpes for 6 years now & as soon as I found out, I searched the internet for forums and medical advice to help myself live as comfortably as possible with this irritable condition. I started taking 1000mg of L-lysine daily with 500mg of Gigartina Red Marine Algae capsules and added 1 capsule of Extra Strength ViraStop 2 and boy I tell you; no ooutbreaks since my initial discovering that my bf gave it to me during an annual pap smear. Those 3 supplements together KILL THAT VIRUS!!!! I hope they never stop making those supplements because they keep me OUTBREAK, ITCH, BURN, YEAST-FREE. Thank GOD for new holistic vitamins because I'm not going to embarrass myself by getting Valtrex @ my local pharmacy."

NoPain4me April 8, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have had HSV-2 for 20 yrs and just found out about Lysine! I'm starting today and hoping that my outbreaks go away!!"

32922 March 1, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Apparently my herpes was dormant for 6 years before I knew I had it -ugh. Was prescribed generic valtrex for it which made me nauseous, bad abdominal cramps and ultimately constipated! Also made me incredibly tired! Switched to using Lysine as therapy - 1,000 mg/day. so far so good. I'm also avoiding food triggers."

trina75 February 14, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I contracted this horrible thing few years ago, this is actually my first time evening talking about it. I have done plenty research on how to cope with this disease that will be in my life forever. I started using L-Lysine and it actually helped me to have fewer outbreaks than before. I messed up and stop taking them because my last physical with my MD my hormone levels were high so In order for me to figure if my thyroid were the issue I held up on the lysine for a little while. Now three days ago I started feeling the tingle pains coming along. Unfortunately I had one of the most horrible outbreaks I've had since I found out of my diagnosis. I just purchase a bottle of Lysine for $6.70 at a local pharmacy and hopefully I start healing."

Horror of herpes January 27, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I have suffered for ten years with herpes contracted from my ex husband. After ten years I finally found out about lysine and within a day I noticed the difference. I have been taking it for over 2 weeks now and no outbreak. I feel I have new lease of life. Wish I started them years ago, only found out about lysine whilst I researched it recently. Highly recommend to all suffering."

Ambar15 January 26, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I was told I have genital herpes by my gynecologist after suffering with several outbreaks. I began taking Lysine after extensive reading & it seemed to work. My "working" dose when there is no outbreak is 1,000 mg daily. I was negligent & let my supply run out & last night had a horrible outbreak with much pain. Today I restocked & took 2 1,000 mg. tabs and then another 2 about 6 hours later. I can already feel the difference and I will never run out again ! Lesson learned! Chocolate is a definite trigger for an outbreak for me."

texgirl (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I started taking 1000 mg daily 9 months ago due to occassional outbreaks and have not had once since until today. I took a collagen supplement that warned an outbreak could occur. I am going to take 3 today and hopefully it wil suppress it."

Kduby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2016

For Herpes Simplex: "I have used lysine over 36 years. It has always helped for my cold sores"

Long time user January 8, 2016

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Works great especially if u take it early in outbreak. Duration of sores and severity greatly muted by early use."

Zx November 18, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "After over a decade of dealing with outbreaks, I finally decided to try Lysine last week. My outbreaks are triggered from sex - nothing else. If I go for long periods without sex I don't get any outbreaks. Once I have sex or ejaculate I start to feel the tingle a few hours later. Sometimes I can have sex two days in a row before I feel the sensation. I bought the Lysine after getting the tingle and getting that "nervy" feeling under my skin. I took 1000mg every three hours on that first day. By the next day, the feeling was almost gone and I took three more 1000mg. No outbreak. I was so happy. I had sex five days straight and still no tingle. I haven't taken any for the past two days. I will continue to experiment with it."

Lysine Lover (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "When I get stressed, drink lots of alcohol or even go in the sun I'm almost guaranteed a cold sore. Unlike most people I don't feel an itch it just pops out of nowhere. I take about 5000-8000mg the first time I notice it and it definitely reduces the size! Then I decrease the dosage slowly. I find it does make them go away faster and the nasty blister stage isn't so nasty anymore. Maybe if I could catch it in time I wouldn't have them because lysine works!!"

Lmd1993 September 20, 2015

For Herpes Simplex: "After suffering with cold sores from my teens I took a three bottle course of one tablet a day, and I never got cold sores again until the last six months. I am now in my seventies and have had a couple mainly in my nostril,I put it down to stress now but will try another course."

Mrs Suds July 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I use lysine also whenever I feel like I'm gonna have a outbreak and I works. I Dont take the pills I use the cream. I would recommend anyone with the herpes virus to us lysine its a life saver."

Good good July 6, 2015

For Herpes Simplex: "I've herpes for about 3 years now. Have been having more obs the last few years, up to 2 OBs per month. Tried lots, eating really well, exercising regularly, stress relief etc. Nothing was helping much. Now I take 500mg of lysine first thing in the morning and 500mg before bed. Not had an OB for 60 days! That is amazing for me. No groin pain either. This stuff rocks! Get on it! I also drink turmeric tea regularly which I think helps with the groin pain (by reducing inflammation and being good for your immune system). 95% of credit goes to lysine though!"

Paul124 December 20, 2014

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I found out I have genital herpes about 5 years ago. I had a violent outbreak, it was HORRIBLE. I read about vitamins I could take to help with HSV and lysine had the best reviews. So I started taking 2 1000mg tabs daily. I didn't have an out break again until like a month ago. And it just so happens I ran out of lysine, and just didn't buy anymore about 2 weeks before I had my 2nd outbreak. So I live by this stuff."

Adesina October 27, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Herpes Simplex: "I've had herpes for 15 years and used to suffer with painful outbreaks. When searching the web, I found out about Lysine. I don't take it daily because I rarely have outbreaks, but I probably will. Currently, I've been taking 4 500 mg tablets daily when I feel that an outbreak is coming on. Either the outbreak doesn't come at all or it is less severe and goes away after a day or two. I also take Vitamin C with the Lysine and it's been very successful. I think I may take a Lysine vitamin daily to avoid the outbreaks altogether."

Anonymous November 11, 2011

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've known I had both oral and genital herpes for over 20 years. At first I had outbreaks several times a year. Later I started taking L-Lysine daily after a friend suggested it. The outbreak I was having at that time was of lesser intensity and duration than others I had had before. I started taking 2 500mg pills every day, I could miss a day or two with no problems and I had no outbreaks. I stopped for a while and had an outbreak. I noticed that the outbreak was preceded by a strange itch in the same location. The next time I stopped my daily regimen I always kept some L-Lysine with me. When I felt the itch again, I took 3 500mg L-Lysine right away ... the itch went away and no outbreak followed. Try it yourself. "

markoff June 8, 2010

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Lysine is a wonderful amino acid that suppresses cold sores (fever blisters/herpes simplex/HSV-1). It is also good to take Vitamin C and E with the lysine, but cut down on any supplements and foods high in L-arginine such as chocolate, peanuts, gelatin, white and whole wheat flour, wheat germ, carob, oats and coconut. The ratio between lysine and L-arginine plays a role in HSV-1 and HSV-2 as does stress and not getting enough sleep."

KClean February 12, 2010

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate