User Reviews for Lysine

Aphthous Ulcer 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lysine reviews 3 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Lysine

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lysine for Herpes Simplex: I've had herpes for 15 years and used to suffer with painful outbreaks. When searching the web, I found out about Lysine. I don't take it daily because I rarely have outbreaks, but I probably will. Currently, I've been taking 4 500 mg tablets daily when I feel that an outbreak is coming on. Either the outbreak doesn't come at all or it is less severe and goes away after a day or two. I also take Vitamin C with the Lysine and it's been very successful. I think I may take a Lysine vitamin daily to avoid the outbreaks altogether.

November 11, 2011 11:49 PM
Review by markoff: User Rating:

lysine for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: I've known I had both oral and genital herpes for over 20 years. At first I had outbreaks several times a year. Later I started taking L-Lysine daily after a friend suggested it. The outbreak I was having at that time was of lesser intensity and duration than others I had had before. I started taking 2 500mg pills every day, I could miss a day or two with no problems and I had no outbreaks. I stopped for a while and had an outbreak. I noticed that the outbreak was preceded by a strange itch in the same location. The next time I stopped my daily regimen I always kept some L-Lysine with me. When I felt the itch again, I took 3 500mg L-Lysine right away ... the itch went away and no outbreak followed. Try it yourself.

June 8, 2010 10:16 AM
Review by KClean: User Rating:

lysine for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: Lysine is a wonderful amino acid that suppresses cold sores (fever blisters/herpes simplex/HSV-1). It is also good to take Vitamin C and E with the lysine, but cut down on any supplements and foods high in L-arginine such as chocolate, peanuts, gelatin, white and whole wheat flour, wheat germ, carob, oats and coconut. The ratio between lysine and L-arginine plays a role in HSV-1 and HSV-2 as does stress and not getting enough sleep.

February 12, 2010 8:50 PM