User Reviews for Lysine

Herpes Simplex, Suppression 4 reviews 2 medications

Aphthous Ulcer 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lysine reviews 7 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Lysine

For Herpes Simplex: "After suffering with cold sores from my teens I took a three bottle course of one tablet a day, and I never got cold sores again until the last six months. I am now in my seventies and have had a couple mainly in my nostril,I put it down to stress now but will try another course."

Mrs Suds July 12, 2015

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I use lysine also whenever I feel like I'm gonna have a outbreak and I works. I Dont take the pills I use the cream. I would recommend anyone with the herpes virus to us lysine its a life saver."

Good good July 6, 2015

For Herpes Simplex: "I've herpes for about 3 years now. Have been having more obs the last few years, up to 2 OBs per month. Tried lots, eating really well, exercising regularly, stress relief etc. Nothing was helping much. Now I take 500mg of lysine first thing in the morning and 500mg before bed. Not had an OB for 60 days! That is amazing for me. No groin pain either. This stuff rocks! Get on it! I also drink turmeric tea regularly which I think helps with the groin pain (by reducing inflammation and being good for your immune system). 95% of credit goes to lysine though!"

Paul124 December 20, 2014

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I found out I have genital herpes about 5 years ago. I had a violent outbreak, it was HORRIBLE. I read about vitamins I could take to help with HSV and lysine had the best reviews. So I started taking 2 1000mg tabs daily. I didn't have an out break again until like a month ago. And it just so happens I ran out of lysine, and just didn't buy anymore about 2 weeks before I had my 2nd outbreak. So I live by this stuff."

Adesina October 27, 2014

For Herpes Simplex: "I've had herpes for 15 years and used to suffer with painful outbreaks. When searching the web, I found out about Lysine. I don't take it daily because I rarely have outbreaks, but I probably will. Currently, I've been taking 4 500 mg tablets daily when I feel that an outbreak is coming on. Either the outbreak doesn't come at all or it is less severe and goes away after a day or two. I also take Vitamin C with the Lysine and it's been very successful. I think I may take a Lysine vitamin daily to avoid the outbreaks altogether."

Anonymous November 11, 2011

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've known I had both oral and genital herpes for over 20 years. At first I had outbreaks several times a year. Later I started taking L-Lysine daily after a friend suggested it. The outbreak I was having at that time was of lesser intensity and duration than others I had had before. I started taking 2 500mg pills every day, I could miss a day or two with no problems and I had no outbreaks. I stopped for a while and had an outbreak. I noticed that the outbreak was preceded by a strange itch in the same location. The next time I stopped my daily regimen I always kept some L-Lysine with me. When I felt the itch again, I took 3 500mg L-Lysine right away ... the itch went away and no outbreak followed. Try it yourself. "

markoff June 8, 2010

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Lysine is a wonderful amino acid that suppresses cold sores (fever blisters/herpes simplex/HSV-1). It is also good to take Vitamin C and E with the lysine, but cut down on any supplements and foods high in L-arginine such as chocolate, peanuts, gelatin, white and whole wheat flour, wheat germ, carob, oats and coconut. The ratio between lysine and L-arginine plays a role in HSV-1 and HSV-2 as does stress and not getting enough sleep."

KClean February 12, 2010