User Reviews for Famvir

8.9
Herpes Zoster 1 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Simplex, Muco...nocompetent Host 2 reviews 2 medications

7.7
Herpes Simplex, Muco...compromised Host 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Famvir reviews 11 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Famvir

For Cold Sores "Went to dermatologist 3 days after first sign was only using Abreva with no results. He suggested 1500mg Famvir now, and gave me 3 more to take at the first sign of additional outbreak in the future. Within one day the swelling had gone away and the blister was starting to clear up. I have used other treatments but nowhere as fast and effective as this product."

Happy camper July 16, 2013

For Cold Sores "I've started medication June 24, 2011 of two 500mg tabs a day and I still have had 6 outbreaks in less than four months. Yes, healing time is faster but I would like to have less outbreaks like 1 to none a year."

miserable131313 October 6, 2011

For Cold Sores "Causes major headaches for me."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

For Cold Sores "Had cold sores since I was in primary school and am now 18. Take a dosage of 1500mg of Famvir in one dose. Works great for me and stops the virus, leaving only a red mark for about 3 days. Side effects: tiredness, nothing serious though."

will18 August 11, 2010

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host "Stopped a lip breakout within an hour. I had gastric stasis from a migraine and I did not get nauseated from this medication."

bonsense September 17, 2009

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression "I took Famvir for cold sores ... it is effective and worked fast. "

Anonymous March 8, 2009

For Cold Sores "It worked great for me. 1500mg in one shot, the swelling was almost gone the same day and it healed quickly. What a relief? That was 10 days ago."

Anonymous January 11, 2009

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host "I have been taken Famvir for a year. I had multiple outbreaks in the past, but I take Famvir daily and I have only had 2 mild outbreaks within a year. It really helps not having the pain and depression with outbreaks. It is a great medication and made my life better."

sarasotamel September 25, 2008

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression "Famvir works the best. I have a lot less breakouts, and when one is coming on I take it and it is gone within a day. I don't have any side effects like I did with the others (headaches and breakouts). It is worth the money."

Anonymous July 22, 2008

For Herpes Zoster "Helped very bad shingles outbreak in about 3 days."

Daisy May June 1, 2008

For Cold Sores "I have suffered from embarrissing cold sores for years. My doctor told me about a single day dose of Famvir (1500mg). He wrote me a script so that I have them on hand when I feel an outbreak coming. I soon as I feel the outbreak, I initiate the therapy and the cold sore does nothing more than get a little red for a day or so. No more full blow outbreaks, this has been wonderful."

Anonymous March 14, 2008