User Reviews for Famvir

8.9
Herpes Zoster 1 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Simplex, Muco...nocompetent Host 2 reviews 2 medications

7.7
Herpes Simplex, Muco...compromised Host 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Famvir reviews 11 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Famvir

Review by Happy camper:

For Cold Sores: Went to dermatologist 3 days after first sign was only using Abreva with no results. He suggested 1500mg Famvir now, and gave me 3 more to take at the first sign of additional outbreak in the future. Within one day the swelling had gone away and the blister was starting to clear up. I have used other treatments but nowhere as fast and effective as this product.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2013 6:38 PM

Review by miserable131313:

For Cold Sores: I've started medication June 24, 2011 of two 500mg tabs a day and I still have had 6 outbreaks in less than four months. Yes, healing time is faster but I would like to have less outbreaks like 1 to none a year.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2011 7:20 AM

For Cold Sores: Causes major headaches for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2011 11:29 PM

Review by will18:

For Cold Sores: Had cold sores since I was in primary school and am now 18. Take a dosage of 1500mg of Famvir in one dose. Works great for me and stops the virus, leaving only a red mark for about 3 days. Side effects: tiredness, nothing serious though.

August 11, 2010 5:32 AM

Review by bonsense:

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: Stopped a lip breakout within an hour. I had gastric stasis from a migraine and I did not get nauseated from this medication.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2009 6:18 PM

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: I took Famvir for cold sores ... it is effective and worked fast.

March 8, 2009 12:01 PM

For Cold Sores: It worked great for me. 1500mg in one shot, the swelling was almost gone the same day and it healed quickly. What a relief? That was 10 days ago.

January 11, 2009 12:32 AM

Review by sarasotamel:

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: I have been taken Famvir for a year. I had multiple outbreaks in the past, but I take Famvir daily and I have only had 2 mild outbreaks within a year. It really helps not having the pain and depression with outbreaks. It is a great medication and made my life better.

September 25, 2008 9:31 PM

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: Famvir works the best. I have a lot less breakouts, and when one is coming on I take it and it is gone within a day. I don't have any side effects like I did with the others (headaches and breakouts). It is worth the money.

July 22, 2008 12:47 PM

Review by Daisy May:

For Herpes Zoster: Helped very bad shingles outbreak in about 3 days.

June 1, 2008 4:36 PM

For Cold Sores: I have suffered from embarrissing cold sores for years. My doctor told me about a single day dose of Famvir (1500mg). He wrote me a script so that I have them on hand when I feel an outbreak coming. I soon as I feel the outbreak, I initiate the therapy and the cold sore does nothing more than get a little red for a day or so. No more full blow outbreaks, this has been wonderful.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2008 12:27 AM