User Reviews for Famciclovir

Also known as: Famvir

Learn more about Famciclovir.

Cold Sores 8 reviews 32 medications

Herpes Simplex, Suppression 2 reviews 2 medications

Herpes Simplex, Muco...nocompetent Host 4 reviews 2 medications

8.2
Herpes Zoster 3 reviews 10 medications

7.3
Herpes Simplex, Muco...compromised Host 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Famciclovir reviews 17 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Famciclovir

Review by Joshua Nagel: User Rating:

famciclovir for Cold Sores: As a baby I cut open my lips on a road in Africa, ever since then I have suffered with cold sores year to year, about 3 to four each year. I tried every cream on the market. One day my doctor gave me a script to buy Famvir and wow. The tingle sting went away in less than 24hrs. And after a couple of days the cold sores were healing and almost gone. This works so much better than the creams! Cause if you are not careful, you can infect other areas of your mouth with your fingers as you apply the cream. When fighting a cold sore, get heaps of sleep, spoil yourself with sleep. So happy that now in Australia, I can buy this product over the counter and don't have to visit my doctor every time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2014 5:26 PM
Review by Furburger: User Rating:

famciclovir for Cold Sores: I have experienced 1 cold sore ever two years, this year I've had 1 already due to a lip burn, just recently I had another burn to the lip from food, I went to the chemist to see what was available for fast acting treatment (I normally use Zovirax ointment which is fabulous) but I thought there may be something else. I was recommended famciclovir. The second day after the 3 tablet once of dosage I had extreme gas pain in my abdomen. It was the only thing I feel could have caused it. I took the dose on the first day I noticed the cold sore, it's now day 3 and it's simply a dry red patch. Amazing medication, of course I was using Zovirax too. But I recommend it!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2013 6:56 PM
Review by Happy camper: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Cold Sores: Went to dermatologist 3 days after first sign was only using Abreva with no results. He suggested 1500mg Famvir now, and gave me 3 more to take at the first sign of additional outbreak in the future. Within one day the swelling had gone away and the blister was starting to clear up. I have used other treatments but nowhere as fast and effective as this product.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 16, 2013 6:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

famciclovir for Herpes Zoster: On Wednesday I noticed I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and a spot on my eyebrow that was red and sore. On Saturday I went to see a doctor and he immediately recognized it as shingles and got me started on famciclovir and 600mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. I took both medications religiously (shingles is nothing to mess around with). Over the next 3 days the spot on my eyebrow blistered and then scabbed over, my eye swelled up, and I started to develop another spot on my forehead. On day 4 the swelling was noticeably reduced and was completely gone by day 6. The second place on my forehead never blistered or scabbed over. I didn't experience any side effects. Worked great for me (29 yr old female).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2011 12:25 PM
Review by miserable131313: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Cold Sores: I've started medication June 24, 2011 of two 500mg tabs a day and I still have had 6 outbreaks in less than four months. Yes, healing time is faster but I would like to have less outbreaks like 1 to none a year.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 6, 2011 7:20 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

famciclovir for Herpes Zoster: Side effects were serious enough to warrant a concurrent dose of prednisone. Condition was shingles, upper left body quadrant. Welts, blisters, itching, pain. One week on the medicine was insufficient to clear it up. Side effects included persistent headache, nausea, diarrhea and serious swelling/itching on the palms of my hands.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 6, 2011 6:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Cold Sores: Causes major headaches for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 8, 2011 11:29 PM
Review by will18: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Cold Sores: Had cold sores since I was in primary school and am now 18. Take a dosage of 1500mg of Famvir in one dose. Works great for me and stops the virus, leaving only a red mark for about 3 days. Side effects: tiredness, nothing serious though.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2010 5:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

famciclovir for Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: Excellent medicine, effective and no side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2010 1:06 PM
Review by bonsense: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: Stopped a lip breakout within an hour. I had gastric stasis from a migraine and I did not get nauseated from this medication.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 17, 2009 6:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: I took Famvir for cold sores ... it is effective and worked fast.

March 8, 2009 12:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Cold Sores: It worked great for me. 1500mg in one shot, the swelling was almost gone the same day and it healed quickly. What a relief? That was 10 days ago.

January 11, 2009 12:32 AM
Review by sarasotamel: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: I have been taken Famvir for a year. I had multiple outbreaks in the past, but I take Famvir daily and I have only had 2 mild outbreaks within a year. It really helps not having the pain and depression with outbreaks. It is a great medication and made my life better.

September 25, 2008 9:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: Famvir works the best. I have a lot less breakouts, and when one is coming on I take it and it is gone within a day. I don't have any side effects like I did with the others (headaches and breakouts). It is worth the money.

July 22, 2008 12:47 PM
Review by Daisy May: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Herpes Zoster: Helped very bad shingles outbreak in about 3 days.

June 1, 2008 4:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

famciclovir for Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: I used to have canker sore pain for two weeks that was so bad I could not talk or eat without constant pain. Now, as soon as I feel a sore or more that hurts a lot, I start my treatment of 1 pill per day for 5 days and the pain is reduced to a very tolerable amount. The pain goes away in a few days altogether. I only use the pills for the very painful outbreaks. Some sores don't warrant the need to risk unneccessary medicine. I know when it is time to start medicating when the pain consumes.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 26, 2008 2:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Famvir (famciclovir) for Cold Sores: I have suffered from embarrissing cold sores for years. My doctor told me about a single day dose of Famvir (1500mg). He wrote me a script so that I have them on hand when I feel an outbreak coming. I soon as I feel the outbreak, I initiate the therapy and the cold sore does nothing more than get a little red for a day or so. No more full blow outbreaks, this has been wonderful.

March 14, 2008 12:27 AM