User Reviews for Lidocaine

Also known as: Anestacaine, DentiPatch, Dilocaine, L-Caine, Lidoject 1, Lidoject 2, Nervocaine, Truxacaine, UAD Caine, Xylocaine Dental Cartridges, Xylocaine Duo-Trach Kit, Xylocaine HCl, Xylocaine HCl For Spinal, Xylocaine-MPF

Learn more about Lidocaine.

Costochondritis 1 reviews 42 medications

Ventricular Tachycardia 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lidocaine reviews 2 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Lidocaine

Review by reclus1:

For Anesthesia: Use of lidocaine injection to numb insertion sight for IV resulted in burning sensation in the vein that traveled to the heart in 10-15 seconds. This was followed by pale skin, cold sweat, BPdrop and unconciousness for approx.15 minutes. I feel usage in my case was unnecessary, dangerous, andinaffective as it had worn of by the time IV was inserted.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2014 1:01 AM

Review by Suzannah Johnson:

For Costochondritis: After being diagnosed with costochondritis, I was given a narcotic painkiller, NSAIDs, voltaren gel, and lidocaine patches to help with the pain (which was hideous). None of these medications provided relief, so I was referred to my rheumatologist to receive steroid injections. However, my rheumatologist suggested trying injections of xylocaine into the cartilage of the affected ribs. By the time I got home, ALL of the pain was gone. It has been 3 days now, and I am still pain free. These injections were a miracle solution for me, and I would absolutely recommend trying this before doing steroid injections to anyone who has costochondritis. I did not feel the injections or the medication going in, and have had no side effects whatsoever.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2013 3:29 AM

Review by Bobbycat:

For : I have had two injections in both my shoulders. The right one I damaged just putting my coat on. I was in serious pain for 10 months. After having the injection 1 year ago I have been pain free. It was very painful when I had it and for about a week after but then it's been fine. My left has been a frozen shoulder for well over 10 years and I have just had an injection for it. It did not hurt as much. No side effects.

October 15, 2008 4:27 AM