User Reviews for Benzocaine

Also known as: Americaine, Americaine Anesthetic Lubricant, Americaine Hemorrhoidal, Anacaine, Anbesol, Anbesol Baby, Anbesol Cold Sore, Babee Teething Lotion, BeeGentle, Benz-O-Sthetic, Benzo-Jel, Bicozene, Boil Ease Pain Relieving, Caine Tips Oral Pain Relief, Cepacol Dual Relief Sore Throat, Cepacol Fizzlers, Cepacol Sensations Hydra, Cepacol Sensations Warming, Cepacol Sore Throat & Coating, Cepacol Ultra, Chigger-Tox, Chiggerex, Chloraseptic Sore Throat Relief Strips, Dent-O-Kain, Denti-Care Denti-Freeze, Dermoplast, Detane, Foille Plus, Gelato Topical Anesthetic Gel, Hem-Prep, Hurricaine, Isodettes, Kank-a, Lanacane, Laryngesic, Maintain, Medicone, Mosco Nail A Cain, Num-Zit, Numzident, Ora film, Orabase, Orabase with Benzocaine, Orajel, Orajel Baby, Orajel Denture Plus, Orajel Overnight Cold Sore Patch, OraMagic Plus, Outgro Pain Relief, Play Longer, Retre-Gel, Rid-A-Pain, Skeeter Stik, Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray, Spec-T, Sting Relief, Sting-Kill, Super Dent Topical Anesthetic Gel, Topex, Topex Topical Anethetic, Topical Anesthetic Dental Gel, Trocaine, Vagisil Anti-Itch Creme, Zilactin Tooth and Gum Instant Pain Reliever, Zilactin-B

Learn more about Benzocaine.

Oral and Dental Conditions 0 reviews 43 medications

Sunburn 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Benzocaine reviews 7 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Benzocaine

Review by hgram: User Rating:

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pain: Peripheral Neuropathy : Used Lanacane on area of leg and several toes during the day for relief over and above four pain medications I take. In spring of 2012 I developed a low red blood count (5) and needed transfusion. After many tests including bone biopsy was diagnosed with MDS and set up for Procrit . I had 1 injection and started researching my disease & quickly discovered info on benzocaine. I stopped using immediately & have had normal tests since then. I lay no blame on anyone but myself because this cream is meant for temporary use only and I used it for probably 5 or 6 yrs. Thank you for your interest. I am a 74 yr female.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2013 12:38 AM
Review by NevaS: User Rating:

Skeeter Stik (benzocaine) for Pruritus: Skeeter Stik is the best itch medicine stick for insect bites that I have used.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2011 3:57 PM
Review by trudimiller333: User Rating:

Retre-Gel (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: I have tried all kinds of treatments for my cold sores. None seem to help, until I found Retre gel. This product is great! It stops the growth of the lesion from the start. The benzocaine helps to numb the area, which helps to keep your fingers and tongue away from the sore. I love this product and will tell others about it and I'll use it always.

January 18, 2011 8:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Anbesol Cold Sore (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: I've used this to help with the pain associated with cold sores and along with helping manage the pain it seems to speed up the healing time. I'd recommend it!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 30, 2009 2:04 PM
Review by nayangandhi: User Rating:

Trocaine (benzocaine) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Immediate - gave relief from throat pain due to tonsillitis.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 25, 2009 12:46 PM
Review by GuyH: User Rating:

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pruritus: I am diabetic and have itches over several parts of the body. I discovered Lanacane by accident and it works wonders for me. The problem with Lanacane is that body heat makes it melt and it runs off on the bed, in the clothing, etc, therefore the duration on the skin is reduced. Also, I have discovered that with repeated use, the skin became red. I am now applying a generous layer of body powder (talc) over Lanacane. This prevents Lanacane from melting and running off the skin. The duration is about tripled, and there is no more irritated, red skin. The more powder you apply the better. You end up looking like fried chicken but you will feel much much better.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2009 3:09 PM
Review by dollylee: User Rating:

Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray (benzocaine) for Burns, External: I had a third degree sunburn once and used this - it's the best for a sunburn. I couldn't even wear clothes. This was a life saver. It helped me to get back to normal quickly and to tolerate the pain. I am really careful as to not get sunburnt now but I keep Solarcaine on hand.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 17, 2008 7:36 PM

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video