User Reviews for Benzocaine

Also known as: Americaine, Americaine Anesthetic Lubricant, Americaine Hemorrhoidal, Anacaine, Anbesol, Anbesol Baby, Anbesol Cold Sore, Babee Teething Lotion, BeeGentle, Benz-O-Sthetic, Benzo-Jel, Bicozene, Boil Ease Pain Relieving, Caine Tips Oral Pain Relief, Cepacol Dual Relief Sore Throat, ...show all 65 brand names

Learn more about Benzocaine.

Cold Sores 3 reviews 32 medications

Hemorrhoids 0 reviews 149 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sunburn 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Benzocaine reviews 9 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Benzocaine

Orajel (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: "I put some Orajel on my lip, as soon as I felt the cold sore coming on. It instantly numbed it and I can go on with my day without thinking about it."

Onniehun April 15, 2015

Orajel (benzocaine) for Aphthous Ulcer: "Worked well on me but made me a bit woozey, effective for short term pain relief but be carefull not to exceed dose, morning, lunch, evening and just before bed is enough, then see a dentist."

steeviedee (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2015

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pain: "Peripheral Neuropathy : Used Lanacane on area of leg and several toes during the day for relief over and above four pain medications I take. In spring of 2012 I developed a low red blood count (5) and needed transfusion. After many tests including bone biopsy was diagnosed with MDS and set up for Procrit . I had 1 injection and started researching my disease & quickly discovered info on benzocaine. I stopped using immediately & have had normal tests since then. I lay no blame on anyone but myself because this cream is meant for temporary use only and I used it for probably 5 or 6 yrs. Thank you for your interest. I am a 74 yr female."

hgram February 12, 2013

Skeeter Stik (benzocaine) for Pruritus: "Skeeter Stik is the best itch medicine stick for insect bites that I have used."

NevaS May 13, 2011

Retre-Gel (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: "I have tried all kinds of treatments for my cold sores. None seem to help, until I found Retre gel. This product is great! It stops the growth of the lesion from the start. The benzocaine helps to numb the area, which helps to keep your fingers and tongue away from the sore. I love this product and will tell others about it and I'll use it always."

trudimiller333 January 18, 2011

Anbesol Cold Sore (benzocaine) for Cold Sores: "I've used this to help with the pain associated with cold sores and along with helping manage the pain it seems to speed up the healing time. I'd recommend it!"

Anonymous November 30, 2009

Trocaine (benzocaine) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Immediate - gave relief from throat pain due to tonsillitis."

nayangandhi June 25, 2009

Lanacane (benzocaine) for Pruritus: "I am diabetic and have itches over several parts of the body. I discovered Lanacane by accident and it works wonders for me. The problem with Lanacane is that body heat makes it melt and it runs off on the bed, in the clothing, etc, therefore the duration on the skin is reduced. Also, I have discovered that with repeated use, the skin became red. I am now applying a generous layer of body powder (talc) over Lanacane. This prevents Lanacane from melting and running off the skin. The duration is about tripled, and there is no more irritated, red skin. The more powder you apply the better. You end up looking like fried chicken but you will feel much much better."

GuyH March 15, 2009

Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray (benzocaine) for Burns, External: "I had a third degree sunburn once and used this - it's the best for a sunburn. I couldn't even wear clothes. This was a life saver. It helped me to get back to normal quickly and to tolerate the pain. I am really careful as to not get sunburnt now but I keep Solarcaine on hand."

dollylee April 17, 2008