User Reviews for Levothyroxine

Also known as: Eltroxin, Euthyrox, Eutroxsig, Evotrox, L Thyroxine Roche, Levo-T, Levotabs, Levotec, Levothroid, Levothyrox, Levoxyl, Novothyrox, Oroxine, Synthroid, Tirosint, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Levothyroxine.

Myxedema Coma 1 reviews 18 medications

Thyroid Suppression Test 2 reviews 18 medications

4.2
Summary of Levothyroxine reviews 280 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Levothyroxine

Unithroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I get sick, angry and depressed from the medicine. I get migraines, I can't take it but through my research I am going to ask for Armour , it is natural but it replaces two hormones and you do need a prescription"

Nadiakash February 6, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "I had to take Levothyroxine because of a medication I was taking that affected my thyroid negatively. In my opinion, this is a great medicine. It balanced out my thyroid & I didn't experience any side effects from it. I highly recommend it."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "I'd rather take the synthroid cause this is not doing its job for my body"

gosein1984 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 1, 2016

Levoxyl (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I'm not sure how to rate Levoxyl honestly. I had thyroid cancer and a full thyroidectomy 2 years ago and I still have yet to feel like me again. I'll be good for a few months then they weight goes back on, I'm exhaused, brain fog, and anxiety. I'm on 176mcg and 10mcg T3. I still feel like crap and unable to lose weight. I used to do bikini competitions for bodybuilding so I know how to be motivated to eat clean and hit the gym. I'm do all of this with zero results. I'm beyond frustrated."

Janine10 January 29, 2016

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hashimoto's disease: "Best thyroid drug for people that have had problems with fillers used in other thyroid medications. This drug has changed my life for the better. I have tried many different thyroid medications and was ill on all of them with many trips to the ER because horrible reactions. After 9 years feeling sick with multiple symptoms finally discovered I was allergic to the fillers used in most thyroid medicines. I will say Tirosint is stronger than other thyroid meds and I had to drop my usually dosage of 150 to 125 and have had to slowly work my way back up. I think a lot of people that are having problems with this medicine is the fact that they start on their regular dose and it is too high causes hyper symptoms."

JSmith2006 January 28, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "Before synthroid I was achy and tired. Now I have headaches...bloating...stomach pain...loose stools and the feeling of being in a fog. I'm only on day 4 of the lowest dose cut in half. I'm stopping it. I was put on it before and it made my heart go to sinus tach but the new doctor insisted I try it again! Hell no! I felt better before the medication!"

Nanny 88done January 23, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "Today is my third day on this medication and so far I haven't had any adverse reactions. I have had a goitre for over twelve years. For years my doctors have been telling me my blood tests are normal. Last year I pushed and had a thyroid scan. They found three nodules with one having its own blood supply. For years I've been silently suffering dealing with low sex drive, weight gain, chronic constipation(enema, laxatives..), brain fog, tiredness, body aches, depression (meds), hair shedding and now I'm noticing my extremities are always cold. And so once again I told my doctor something is wrong. She started me on 25mg levothyroxine I nervous because I don't want more hair loss. Today I wearing a wig ashamed of my hair."

Mrsfullof (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "just started taking so not sure yet"

Angel in heaven January 15, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "I rely so much on reviews when I start a new medication. I thought I need to give back. I have severe anxiety about taken new medications so when my endo prescribed Levothyroxine at .025, I looked on here. To tell the truth, most reviews scared me. It's been three days since I took my first dose. No real side effects except I feel like a tad constipated which is new for me because I have IBS. Other than that I can't say it is helping or not. I rated it higher because no side effects yet which I was scared to death of"

Happymenom (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "For most of my life, I have been on this medication, I don't remember much of my symptoms from before but basically I will usually feel quite tired and cold, which is the main thing that will probably stick with you if you have hypothyroidism. As for treating my "symptoms," I would say it does an alright job. The main issue I see a lot of people talking about is weight loss, I am here to confirm that you will probably weigh less and lose a bit of pounds if you are taking the right dosage, since I have taken the medication for quite a long time, I can confirm that I am on the lighter side of the scale, however I am not speaking for all the users of levothyroxin. Speak with your doctor about whether or not, this is the right medication."

Katya Üjelu January 14, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "Recently, I've been having a lot of headaches, extremely tired and very bad mood swings. Night sweats come and go. Poor sex drive. I'm usually hot or warm. I was also experiencing pain in my feet and I get cramps in my lower calves from time to time. I've been taking levothroxine for about 10 years now. At first, there was a moderate weight loss. Then, just recently over the past six months or so, I gained over thirty pounds. There has been no change in my diet. My doctor checked my TSH levels, not surprised, they were extremely off. He has uped my dosage from 150MCG (I remained on this dosage for 9 years) to 175MCG. This is day one with the new dosage; and I'm hoping all goes well."

Nuthole January 5, 2016

For TSH Suppression: "I have used Synthroid, Tirosint, Levoxyl and now Lannet brand generic levothyroxine. I don't believe it is the medicine that causes people to feel bad anymore. Over the last 3 years I have experimented with my health and on the generic I find that if I... *wait 1-2 hours after taking to eat *take with a full glass of water *give up caffeine *give up wine *exercise 3-4 times a week I feel great. And I'm on generic. I never thought I would feel good unless I was on tirosint but it was my lifestyle, not my meds. I only pay $5 a month and I am doing great in life due to these changes. I felt sick and tired before we ever found out I have thyroid cancer- so I don't think a medicine alone will solve all of our problems."

Bets1013 December 29, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "I have had hyperprolactinemia for many years now (pituitary issue) and earlier this year was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Before being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I began having difficulty maintaining my prolactin levels, suffered EXTREME fatigue 24-7, had viscious mood swings, and put on some weight. After finally being referred to an Endocrinologist and being put on this medication, a couple months passed and I was finally beginning to feel like my old self again. I no longer have to nap to get through my day, my mood swings are few and far between, and I lost the weight I had previously put on. Only side effects I can list are heat intolerance, flushing, and not that often, heart palpitations."

No Longer Fatigued (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 17, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Since starting this Drug I feel a lot calmer , anxiety has gone. I am on 100mcgs for life, and it has made me less hyper and more focused in living in the Day ."

Big Al . December 1, 2015

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hashimoto's disease: "Absolutely terrible experience on tirosint - landed in ER with chest pains, dizziness, extremely disoriented."

phila December 1, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Prescribed .25 levothyroxine (generic) about 4 weeks ago for borderline hypothyroidism. They say "borderline" but, honestly, the TSH ranges are to broad. If your TSH is 4.5.......you're gonna feel it mentally and physically. No earth-shattering side effects to date. However, I will say that I haven't had an anxiety attack since about the first week of starting this....not one and I was having them frequently. Looking forward to some weight loss, but nothing so far."

CaraD November 16, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on both sythnoid and levothyroxine Since march 2015 and have no issues with either medicine. Unless it was my fault for not taking it. Very bad idea. My levels changed for the better and my dr took me off cold turkey. Not wise. So I took half a pill to be 25mg and I am fine. Once in awhile I feel nervous or anxious so I increase to 50mg . Then go back to 25mg."

just my experience (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2015

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "Devastating side effects - I have developed severely crippling joint pain in both knees, debilitating nerve pain in feet after 12 weeks of taking this drug for underactive thyroid. Also experiencing muscle spasms, tremors, depression, suicidal thoughts, restlessness, some chest pains and tingling all over body. If I could have given it a lower rating, I would have."

Jial (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2015

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "I had been on levothyroxine for about 6 years with no problems. I got a new doctor closer to my home & he switched me to this drug, On it just 2 weeks I got severe anxiety attacks (hyperventilating). He has given me samples so I do not know if this will be covered by my insurance yet. I got a blood test & he said the levels were fine that I should see my internist for my anxiety. NOT. I will go back on my regular meds for 2 weeks then try this again. I think it is this drug."

Capo98mam October 24, 2015

Levothyrox (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "I love it but my doctor want's to take me off of it ."

yel October 15, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Worst drug ever taken. It's like living half dead."

Suzie D October 14, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "I took levothyrine 0.05(50mcg)for 4 days.On day 3 developed side effects of joint pain, muscle weakness, fatigue, crying and severe hunger pains and insomnia. On day 4 all of these side effects intensified in addition to developing itching skin and sweating .I called my all night pharmacy because this all came to a head on a Friday night and doctors office was closed. I was told to stop taking it because I was having a severe reaction to it. I have not taken this in 2 days and I'm still sick with joint pain,weakness itching and sweating. I will never take this again. By the way my TSH was 6.4 and was having no hypothyroidism symptoms. I only found this out due to yearly lab work and physical."

jackie2222 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Diagnosed under active in July. Put on Lev 0.25 First two weeks my knuckles were killing me on both the left and right hands. Up to three weeks still had hair falling out. I have to say I'm on almost 90 days and I lost weight, feel great, and my levels are normal. So far so good!!!!"

NYADGIRL19 October 7, 2015

Levoxyl (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I've used this drug for years until the recall. I take 175 mcg. I switched to Synthroid and it was "just okay." I missed Levoxyl. After I learned Levoxyl returned to the market I requested to be placed back on it. I've had several problems with my TSH levels being too low (0.02 and 0.03!) meaning that my dose is too high."

Mrs. 13 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "I was recently placed on .25mg of levothyroxine. My primary concern for requesting a thyroid test was my thinning hair. I've also been on an anti-depressant for nearly 9 years. I'm really hoping to see a positive change in my mood, energy level and my thinning hair. 39y.o female. Wish me luck!"

tutti pop September 30, 2015