User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I promised I would write this because just like you I was scouring the Internet for answers. I had unprotected sex on April 17th, the last day of my period, and my BF finished in me. He said not to worry since I was on my period but I was already freaking out so the next day I bought the plan B pill. I never had any side effects and it didn't make me sick. May 13th was when I was supposed to start my perod..and I didn't. So begins the freaking out even more and buying multiple pregnancy tests. Every test I took was negative but that didn't reassure me. My period is 11 days late but I finally started today!! I know it's hard not to but try not to worry. If you took this pI'll how you're supposed to it will work."

ShelbyLynnMUA May 24, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My girlfriend took Plan B on the 12th of May, 4 hours after our "incident" she didn't have any physical side effects but she did get very emotional. She would cry about everything - but she wasn't stressed about pregnancy. She got her period on 8 days later on the 20th. I'm telling you guys, don't stress out - as long as you took it within your 72 hours, you will be fine. Remain calm, put on your favorite movie and think positively!"

Don'tStress! (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took this one pill the next morning after sex. I woke up shaking and scared because it was a one night stand. I didn't fully trust him when he said he pulled out even tho I saw him cum when he did pull out. so I couldn't take the chances. I decided to run to my Walgreens and get one. it was expensive. but works. it's over the counter and the staff is discrete. they will most likely be in the feminine care isle or with the condemns. I had gotten my period about two weeks before so I wasent expecting it for another two weeks. I took it in the morning and didn't feel any symptoms. A couple days later maybe a week I got my period!!! I'm not pregnant. The cramps with my period however. we're painful.They were the worst moral. THIS PILL WORKS"

Aaaakkk (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Okay so the incident happened on April 6th around 1 p.m (I was also on ovulation). The next day (April 7th) around 11 a.m. I took the pill. About a week later (April 13th) I started spotting, it was very light at first then it gradually got heavier, it was like a light period and it stopped on April 18th. I was so worried because my actual period was due April 24t, I miss it so I waited and waited and was going to test but I was too nervous to do it because I wasn't ready for a child yet. So I waited more and finally my period came on May 17th along with strong cramps. My advice for the ladies that have taken this pill, don't stress, it will delay your period even longer."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My experience was fine, no side effects but I did end up getting pregnant. Took the pill within the first 12 hrs, just a heads up it can definitely happen."

C213 May 21, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My partner and I had an accident and the condom came off, I was 10 days into my cycle and had a high chance of pregnancy. I took plan b about 16 hours after the incident. For the first two days I had some painful cramping and fatigue, but nothing too severe. I got my period 1-2 days early and couldn't be more pleased with how this works. When I first took the medication I obsessively googled people's experiences taking it so I wanted to add one more positive story into the mix. If you take it in good time, it works, try not to stress too much!"

RelievedAndPleased May 19, 2016

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "Last week (night of May 10th/early May 11th) had some awesome sex, le condom broke though :( I took the pill around 6 the evening of the 12th. No crazy side effects - the first day I did feel a little nauseated, but I really think that was from stressin' out all day. I took it with food to keep my tummy happy, and for the time following I really focused on staying positive, eating healthy, getting good rest, & trusting the medicine to do its job. Yesterday I got my period (it was two days late but that's normal for me) it isn't any heavier than usual...I feel so relieved and thankful to live in a time where this is an option available to women! Hang in there & take good care of yourself, the pill works magic and it'll all turn out ok <3"

Dinahwontyoublow May 19, 2016

"i found this drug to have some quite horrible side effects, just be aware girls this is not a quick and pain free experience for some. I'm 39 with kids and usually tolerate a bit of discomfort. After taking one step I had severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, headache, dizziness , I felt like I might faint on several occasions . Bleeding was quite heavy, I was extremely tired, I experienced hot flushes and bloating, I lost my appetite also and felt generally very ill for several days. It did stop a possible pregnancy but I would never use it again"

MumMaria (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on the seventh. Took the pill about 2 hours later. I didn't experience any side effects at all after taking it. I usually start my period on the 15th, and I had been cramping a couple days before along with mood swings. On the fifteenth I started just having some light brown discharge, and this continued for two days. I was worried that it might be implantation bleeding, but on the 17th I finally started bleeding. The pill worked great, but I never want to experience the stress of it ever again."

finallysawred May 17, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend always have safe sex, but this time the condom seemed to come off inside of me and we didn't notice until after he finished. I took Aftera about 1 hour after it happened. IT REALLY WORKS. My ovulation window was around that time and I was freaking out. My period comes every 30 days and I got it on time! (two weeks after taking the pill). I'm on my third day of having my period and it is lighter than usual, but not to a big degree. The only symptoms I got from the pill were dizziness, nausea, and fatigue. This was my first time taking Aftera and it was very effective. The sooner you take it, the better it works."

T0t0r0 May 17, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "(2009) I had unprotected sex at 15 I was nervous that I could become pregnant. I went to pharmacy asked the pharmacist for it easy as pie! So happy to hear this is now OTC!! I'm sure some women may have felt to embarrassed to get it btc. Anyways I took the pill got my period within a day and no baby so happy it worked"

Jules263 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I used the plan b one step hours after unprotected sex. I startest to have side affects one week after using the pill....spotting, abdominal pain and nausea. My period has not arrived it is due to arrive in 3 days so we will see."

miss Michael May 16, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I'm going to echo what most everyone has said, and RELAX....IT WORKS!! The woman I slept with (did not use a condom and she is not on birth control) just got her period today. I stressed way too much so my advice is to stay preoccupied, and let the pill do it's job."

Mr. Stress May 16, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Condom broke and my fiancé freaked out, so I took the pill to ease his fears. Felt sick to my stomach with in a few hours of taking Plan B. The next day my breast where super sore and tender. I was feeling emotional and and 5 days after taking the pill I started a super heavy with lots of painful cramping period that lasted 13 days. Face broke out in zits at 32 years old, I hardly ever get them any more. Went to the GYN, she contributed it all to plan b after testing to rule out other issues. Positive effects, I am not pregnant, and the effect of this pill are enough to make me never want to have sex again. Other than that, yuck I feel like shit still 30 days later."

Anonymous May 15, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "It worked! I took it 3 hous after our accident, 15 days into my cycle, and today I got my period right on time. I had no side effects so I was worried it hadn't worked but it certainly did. Very happy with the outcome and the product especially considering I'm extremely med and hormone sensitive. I would highly recommend it."

M.M. May 15, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I was completely skeptical of this pill after my boyfriend's condom broke and he finished inside me. I had no side effects that people talk about. But remember - side effects aren't proof it's working! However I really thought my life was over. Sure enough, today I got my period on time. It's a little more painful than usual and the pill was expensive but I'm willing to take any amount of pain and pay any amount of money over a pregnancy. This pill saved me! If you're skeptical too, relax! It works!"

R E L A X! (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm 18 and I took this pill and the day I had sex was like the day after my period and now a week latter I have my period again I don't like the side affects but I do have to say it works very well"

Nina Longoria May 12, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hey guys, I just want to let all of you who are stressing like crazy that everything is gonna be okay, I had a crazy pregnancy scare with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago, and like a couple of others here I promised that if that pill worked I'd post a review here. Well as you can probably tell the news was good. My girlfriend was a few days before her period from our assumption. It was really hard to tell due to her having irregular periods, but from the second that I saw the condom had broken I went and bought plan B. She took it roughly an hour after and it worked. Not before it could drive us insane however. The waiting game for her period was the most stressful situation of my life. But it was all okay in the end and I'm sure it will be for u"

Survivor10000 May 12, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I was reading some of these comments and thought to myself, why would these women take plan B if he didn't cum inside then say "oh it worked". Makes me laugh. If you are going to write a review about this, I don't want to hear about how it worked even though he technically didn't ejaculate inside. ALSO it would help a lot of women if you stated when you where ovulating or where you are at on your cycle. THANK YOU. I took this pill 2 hours after my bf finished INSIDE ME, not pre jizz, not thought he did, he did! anyways, we did it on May 9th, expected to start my period May 16th (one week later). So I took this pill a week after I ovulated. SIDE EFFECTS: hot flashes, short cramps for like 2 seconds, and acne, also moody."

Katnfonanf May 12, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Beware ladies. I know it's extremely stressful thinking of an unwanted pregnancy, but the side effects are horrible. The immediate side effects are not too bad, it's the ones that come later on. I took plan b on March 22,2016. Today is May 11th and I'm still being affected. I loss half of my hair. I had my period for 10 days with bad cramping. My skin is saggy. I'm moody. Initially my breasts were sore for a month. The worse of course is losing my hair. I wish I took my chances and never took it. Not sure how long or if I will ever be back to normal. Praying my hair grows back. The packaging doesn't tell you any of this."

Beware Ladies!! May 11, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "experienced cramps 4 days leading up to getting my period but it came two days early. super thankful for this pill."

Anonymous May 11, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Okay, I said I'd come back with my result.. I officially got my period. (Yesterday). 10 days after taking the pill. I was 5 days late. The pill worked for me!! I am 215lbs. DON'T STRESS!! I was just like you.. Worried, scared even terrified that I might be pregnant. Note: I did not have any side effects until 2 days before my period came. -light spotting. -headache. -nausea. -diarrhea. The pill works! Don't stress too much. It will only delay your period longer! Good luck ladies!"

Kelikeli (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the pill after the condom broke three months ago. I was not, nor had ever been on any form of birth control. I experienced some cramping and minor dizziness for the next 2-3 days. Then, I got my period on the 21st day of my cycle (a week early). The next month my period was two weeks late, but finally came on the 42nd day. The prolonged start date was probably a mix of side effects from the pill and stress about the possibility of pregnancy. During the few abnormal cycles, I did not take any other form of medication. Overall, I did not get pregnant, so the pill served its purpose."

A Not Pregnant College Student May 9, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex , he admitted that he came right after we had sex. Then and there I cried because I knew I had to be fertile because my period was coming soon . So later that night we managed to buy and afford plan b . Even though I took it ... I still panicked .. He even called the pharmacist to ask if it works. But a day or two later I noticed I was cramping everyday up to 6 days I used the bathroom and I got my PERIOD. It came earlier! I was relieved but in pain ... The cramps I have are horrible , I feel nauseous and sick and my period is as heavy as can be. All I want to do is lay in bed and rest and drink something hot or really cold . But I rather have this pain than to be expecting!. Glad my period came back"

Kay/ please read May 7, 2016

"I took the Take Action pill 6 hours after non consenting, unprotected sex.He claimed to have pulled out in time but there was no way to be completely sure. I took the pill 6 hours after sex.I track my periods and this happened directly in my fertile period, and I could have been ovulating. The next 6 days were living hell because I was so worried about pregnancy and was in denial. Side effects I experienced were nausea and fatigue. Nausea could have been self inflicted from my anxiety and worry. I lost all appetite and was in a daze. I got my period though, 1 week early. I couldn't have been more relieved. This medication DOES work but the wait is so difficult. Please say a prayer and trust God will get you through."

L9023871 May 7, 2016