User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Review Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Before I begin, I would just like to put my body type out there; I'm tiny (5'4, weighing at 95lb). What had happened was it was day 15 of my 35 day cycle, and the condom totally just exploded into bits without either of us knowing, so my partner finished inside of me. Plan B was taken within 2 hours after the incident. The only side effect that I got was fatigue on the same day so I just slept it off. Exactly 5 days later, I started spotting which lasted for 4 days. At this point I was just trying to convince myself that it was because of the pill and not implantation bleeding. I would feel a little stab of pain in the general area down there every now and then, but it was nothing major. Around day 26, I've noticed that my cervical mucus has finally started changing, so I used it as a sign telling me to calm down, and that my system was finally up and running again. Finally on day 46 (after 4 pregnancy tests for reassurance) Mother Nature had finally graced me with my monthly. So ladies, just a word of advice, pay attention to your cervical mucus. For me, it let me know that the pill wore off and I started ovulating again. It won't be the same for everyone, but it is definitely something to look into. If you must, wait at least 2-3 weeks after the incident to test. Best of luck~"

TeeLinny June 27, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I used the pull out method but I was still super nervous because I knew I was ovulating. I know the pull out method is not always 100% effective so 2 hours after we had sex I went and bought plan b. I got my period 2 weeks later!! Very effective as a backup plan! (Also I am 165 pounds exactly so I dont think the whole weight limit thing or BMI thing has anything to do with the effectiveness of the pill)"

Anonymous June 27, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex (first time) May 31st. Although, he didn't cum inside of me, we thought we should be safe! So that same day (earlier) at 11 almost 12. I bought and took the plan b pill. I took it with water only and was fine. (I don't have a sensitive stomach). I had no side effects. 5 days after taking it. I had a period like bleeding (one of the side effects of the pill) that lasted 5 days (like my normal period would). I also had a fever. (Rare side effect). I had all my symptoms as well. Uterus Cramps, Farting (weird, I know). And lower back pain. After that. I had no other things happen. Until, June 25 when I started my period! It's a little off. (None of my norm period symptoms). It works! Relax. Don't stress. You'll be fine."

Plan B works! June 26, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan b 10 hours after unprotected sex next week I got my regular period thanks to plan b it's really worth it"

nazo June 25, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So I had unprotected sex and then I realized he had didn't pull out on time so an hour later we went to the pharmacy and I drank the pill because I was scared. Two weeks passed and I woke up sick and dizzy but I didn't think anything about that. It was about the week I had to get my period and I wasn't coming I just had some cramping so a few days after I missed my period I did a home pregnancy test and it came out positive and I couldn't belive it so I ended up taking 3 more and they all said I was pregnant a few days later. I went to see my Doctor and after a few tesst it was positive. Plan B didn't work for me not even after drinking it just 1 hour after unprotected sex."

Bmg14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My experience is different from many of the people posting here. I've never been that good about tracking when I'm fertile, but I do have very regular periods. Several months ago, I had unprotected sex a few days after my period ended and took Plan B within 72 hours. About a week before my expected period, I had very light spotting for maybe an hour. Then it stopped. Two weeks later, I still had not gotten my period, so I took a test, and it was positive. Please realize that while Plan B is highly effective (I'd used it with success before and am wholeheartedly in favor of it being available to everyone on demand), it's not foolproof and shouldn't replace contraception."

nsuz June 24, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex a couple of days after my period ended. After I realized what I had done, I began panicking and purchased plan b about 22 hours after. I was so stressed and miserable for a month, and it just so happened that I didn't get my period the week I was due. I had CRAZY symptoms, incredibly sore breasts, horrible cramps for a week. And then I randomly started spotting for about 4 days. I really was convinced I was pregnant. A week after my expected period, I FINALLY GOT IT! Ladies, I know it's impossible not to stress. But I believe the amount of stress I put myself under caused my period to be even later than it should have been. But trust me, this pill works."

Toomuchstress June 23, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan B a little over 24 hours after un-protected sex. For some reason, I was dumb and didn't think about the possible consequences of not being on birth control, not using a condom, and possibly ovulating. I got my period about a week after I took the pill. It was a really weird period, with dark blood, and eventually more bleeding than I usually have (with clotting). Right after I took the pill, I had cramps which I freaked out about, only realizing later that my body was getting ready for a period. I was nervous that it wouldn't work, but getting my period a week later was 100% of the reassurance I needed. Worth the money- my only regret was not taking the pill sooner."

very lucky June 23, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. Then I read about precum. I'm unexperienced I know, 14 hrs later we bought Plan B. Within a week I had so many pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, frequent urination, breast tenderness, headache, fatigue everything possible. I honestly thought I was pregnant. And I'm only 15 I ended up telling my parents the truth. Then two days later I get spotting and in the morning I get a heavy period. Really painful and excruciating. It worked. But let the pill do its job. Don't freak out. Next time I'm using protection its not worth the stress."

jenniferyourbabe (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My period was on May 3rd-7th. My bf and I had intercourse on May 11th. Took the pill on May 13. Started bleeding May 18. Lasted for 4-5 days was light then turned really heavy! I felt EXTREMELY nauseous, bloated, headaches, tired, eating a lot and breast soreness from the pill. I thought I was pregnant. I didn't even know if the May 18 was a period or not. Finally today June 20 I'm bleeding!!! So I guess May 18 was my new period."

prettythang June 20, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I have never left a review for anything in my life, but because of my experience, I decided to share. I had unprotected sex on my most fertile day of the month and I was panicking. I panic even when I use birth control, so I was super stressed out. I took the pill between 10-11 hours after the incident, and the next two weeks I experienced constant cramps, I was super tired, and my breasts were super sore. I was "sure" these were pregnancy symptoms. Plus, I read a million things on the Internet, like I'm sure you all have done, (or you wouldn't be here,) and apparently I am over the "weight limit." but here I am, 2 weeks later, and my period came right on time! Like everyone else has said, this pill works wonders. Do not stress!"

ToriLove87 June 19, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Okay so it was my never first time using Plan B so I was already afraid. Somehow the condoms we used weren't very good and continuously popped. So here I am freaking out because the only thing I'm thinking about is me being pregnant. So I rush to the store and buy plan b luckily it was in stock. I didn't get any side affects from it I don't think. except some stomach pains here and there but I think it was more axienty than anything. My period came on the expected date. Now it says that women over 165 lbs that take plan b, it won't work. everyone is different and I'm well over 165 and it worked for me."

alyssa305 June 17, 2015

"My husband and I had sex without protection (drunk) on04/06/15. Took levonelle (1st time) 12hrs later and pretty sure I ovulated on 06/06/15 (very sensitive to my cycle). No nausea or cramps after taking MAP until 08/06/15. Lower abdominal cramping since then (6days now) and moderate nausea (on and off). Had brown discharge yest (13/06/15) and thought period coming but then it stopped. Had a little brown discharge earlier today again and then this evening I am so bloated, have a pinchy, crampy feeling (like ovulation pain) and had a yellowish discharge. Just took paracetamol as I feel so awful and can't get to sleep. Am I pregnant or has this pill just seriously messed with my hormones? Anyone else felt like this??"

Niamh32 June 14, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I'm 22 years old, it was my first time using any type of pill, I was really worried I'd be getting pregnant after I had sex. So the next day I woke up like super early in the morning and I went to Target and I got this Plan B pill. But before buying it, I searched all over the internet so see the reviews and side effects and all that. I went home and that day I really didn't eat anything because I was feeling low. Like I wasn't in the mood for anything at that time. So I read that if you don't eat anything that it might make your stomach hurt and all. So I just had a glass of milk and I drank a little bit of water. Than I took the pill with water like any regular pill. For me it worked no side effects. :) girls this will help you."

BaySideChick June 14, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took Plan B one step on May 1st after unprotected sex. I realized I was ovulating at that time (according to my period calendar) after we had finished. He didn't go inside me but I was still afraid, so my boyfriend and I went and bought the Pill and I took it within an hour and a half. Not even exaggerating but I had cramping everyday since I took the pill. I also experienced headaches, and felt really hot here and there, almost as if I had a fever. Tender breasts were also a symptom of mine. Just yesterday which was the 12th day after taking Plan B, my boyfriend and I had protected sex and when I went to clean up I noticed blood! Turns out I got my period two days before I was supposed to be due. Relieved that it worked for me! Good luck"

Mms90 June 14, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I used it this morning and I don't know if it works yet"

mallorydann June 13, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "This pill saved my life. It was the last day of my period and the condom came off and me and my boyfriend did not realize until after he had came inside me. Both freaking out we went to cvs and I took the pill about an hour or 2 after the fact. I did start to bleed the following week for about a day then it turned into brown discharge for the next 2 days. A side affect of this drug is depression and I experienced that for 2 weeks. A month later my period was late exactly one week but I finally got it and I could not be happier. This pill really does work!!! Anyone who is freaking out just take the pill right away and you will be fine, it could definitely make your period late so no worries!!! Thank god for plan b!"

Mac8776446789 June 13, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This product is a life saver! I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days after my previous cycle ended and the condom broke. Obviously, very upset and scared I went out to my local shops and purchased Plan B for about $50. I took both pills within 4 hours of the incident. For about 4 days after the fact, I was experiencing cramping, extreme nausea, and was being very moody and constantly fighting with everyone around me. About a week and a half later I began spotting. It was dark red, very light and definitely not my period. This lasted for about 4 days. I didn't get my period on the expected time but I felt all the symptoms as usual. However my period came on the 44 day of my cycle. Almost 2 weeks late! THIS PILL WORKS."

Dnd212 June 12, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Had unprotected sex stupidly one night with my boyfriend. Less than 9 hrs later I went to the local pharmacy to obtain the Plan B morning after pill. Took it accordingly, with no side effects and patiently waited for my period. My period never did come, and I ended up pregnant. At 12 weeks I ended up having a miscarriage, but I certainly learned my lesson. Use protection always ladies, sometimes these things don't work!"

Warica97 June 12, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So i had unprotected sex on May 24 and the condom broke so i was freaked out because the next day was memorial day and the pharmacy was closed so i had to wait. I was fertile. And so i waited another day to take the pill i took it probably 34 ish hours after the accident and i got sick to my stomach (which is a side effect) and really tired. Its been about two weeks since i took it and i was suppise to recieve my period yesterday (June 8) but never came and so i just didnt think anything of it and i got terrible cramps and back pain. Agai. I just thought it was a sign or my period but i told my mom and she got me a test i took two both positive so the pill didn' t wrk for me but i think i took it to late because i was fertile."

CuteDog4 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan b exactly 32 hrs later of having unprotected sex I started my period the day I was suppose to start and couldn't be happier"

Sbbb (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

"On June 5 at midnight, My boyfriend & I fooled around without a condom on my fertile days he didn't finish or anything or put it all the way in but getting pregnant through even some pre cum is possible just unlikely. Just to be safe I took one around 10am on June 7 because I already have a 4 month old. I feel okay. A little dizzy , cramps nauseous, not anything crazy. I'm sure it will go well. Hoping I can avoid taking it again though! Will post another experience about when my period comes this month!"

Autumn lynn June 7, 2015

"Well I've taken this before so I've experience all the side effects and this plan b pill is the best I love it. But recently like three days ago I had unprotected sex and then took this pill the next morning. You do experience some stomach pain but it go always just takes a few days so just ignore it and you'll be fine. As long as you take this pill sooner it's more effective, I usually take this the next day lol . The price is worth it, bought mine from a pharmacy and pharmacist do guide you for free :)"

Lyla.S. June 6, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hey gals! In a 'the heat of the moment' situation, my boyfriend and I ended up having sex on May 25. He pulled out and wasn't in for long since it was both of our first times & we're both in high school, but I was still freaking out. I took the morning after pill less than 12 hours afterwards. Then we ended up having a repeat of this situation May 30. So again, I took the pill. This time it was about 12 hours later though. I waited anxiously, but reading these reviews really helped me. I was sure I was pregnant. My periods irregular, so I wasn't sure when to expect it. I experienced cramps, moodiness, frequent urination, nausea, and fatigues. Now it's June 6th and I just got my period. Don't stress ladies, just let the pill do its job! :)"

Storm 8547 (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Hey gals! In a 'the heat of the moment' situation, my boyfriend and I ended up having sex on May 25. He pulled out and wasn't in for long since it was both of our first times & we're both in high school, but I was still freaking out. I took the morning after pill less than 12 hours afterwards. Then we ended up having a repeat of this situation May 30. So again, I took the pill. This time it was about 12 hours later though. I waited anxiously, but reading these reviews really helped me. I was sure I was pregnant. My periods irregular, so I wasn't sure when to expect it. I experienced cramps, moodiness, frequent urination, nausea, and fatigues. Now it's June 6th and I just got my period. Don't stress ladies, just let the pill do its job! :)"

Storm 1746 June 6, 2015