Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by lmk69:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Thank you to everyone who left a review letting me know that my cycle would be messed up and my 2nd period after taking Plan B would be late! My first period following the pill came right on time 2 weeks later but when the 2nd was 10 days late, I started to freak out. I stopped worrying after reading others experiences and now after another 8 days I finally got it. .. Yay! I would highly recommend this product. I took it within 12 hours and other than my slight panic attack a month later, it worked great!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Review by Wife & Mom to 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): My husband had just got a vasectomy, but there is a period of time where men are still fertile and we hadn't been cleared yet for zero sperm count. We had a few drinks and forgot to use protection. We knew I had either already ovulated or was about to ovulate at the time of our oops. The next day I took the pill and within a few hours I could tell it was taking effect. I got a lot of cramps on one side which kept occurring periodically for the two weeks after. I had some dizziness and extreme fatigue for a few days. The side effects were all listed on the package though. I think since I took the pill right around my fertile time it didn't mess up my cycle much. I started right on the day I was supposed to exactly two weeks after our oops.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Review by Gator1996:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My period usually comes on towards the end of the month. N my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 2nd and I took the pill that same day. The 8th of that month my period came on ( it came early ) n by the 15th it was still on and I was a lil worried because its been 8days that my period has been on. The 16th came and it went off but the 18th came and I started bleeding again. It's like I'm having a 2nd period

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Review by aubrey1996:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my MOST FERTILE day according to a highly accurate period tracker app I've used for over a year. I took it approx 20-23 hours after, and my period came 9 days early. I cannot express how grateful I am for this pill. The only side effects I experienced were slight cramping and fatigue.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by Baby stopper:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Well, I'm not pregnant so it worked for me. I took Plan B 44 hrs after the incident and I was ovulating. The only side effects I had was cramping and back aches a week after I took the pill and sometimes heat flashes. I was only a day late.

March 18, 2015 4:45 PM

Review by blondiegirl22 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Condom broke on Saturday night, took Plan B One Step on Sunday afternoon. After 6 symptom-free days, I started spotting on Saturday and by Sunday my period arrived with minor cramps and light bleeding. It takes time to work so just relax and let the pill do its job! I'm also well over the weight guidelines (I'm 197lbs) but it worked for me!! Thanks Plan B!

March 17, 2015 1:28 AM

Review by Anonymous112:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Me and my girlfriend had sex and the condom broke. We went to get Plan B 7 hours later and her period came 5 days early. Don't worry, I know the wait is bad but it will come eventually. Try to worry less and everything will be alright!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by bustitbaby25 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B 5 hours after having sex. The Condom broke while I was having sex and I didn't even know it and I was really scared. So I went to CVS and got the pill. It might cost a lot but it was worth it. Thank God for this. It's a life saver. Lord knows I can't raise no kids at this age.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by Eastofedenwestofnowhere:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Had a condom mishap Friday, took the pill Saturday and it is now Thursday (5 days later) and my period is beginning to start. However you may experience vomiting, headaches, & light nausea but it's worth it ladies it works!

March 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Girls, if you think it's not going to work stop sweating it. My boyfriend and I had sex while I was ovulating and the comdom broke and about 9 hours later we got Plan B and I took it. I got my period 2 weeks early and broke out pretty bad and had terrible headaches but it's better than pregnancy and taking care of a baby when you aren't ready. Don't worry it works

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2015 7:31 PM

Review by GMM214:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B 11 hours after unprotected sex. I had very mild cramps a few hours after taking the pill. My period came 2 weeks after, heavier than usual and lasted 8 days. This pill really works.

March 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Review by Anonymousddddd:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Anonymous12346678:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I was ovulating when I had sex and the condom broke. My boyfriend bought me the pill and I took it about 24 hours after the incident. It's been three weeks and I haven't started my period and I'm very worried

February 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Review by Rgt01 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B after approx. 2 hours after unprotected sex. That same day after a few hours I started to feel VERY bloated, and felt like that the following day as well. I honestly had difficulties driving since I also had pain on my right ovary area! I got my period 1 week after the pill and 1 week before it was supposed to be. Not to mention, but I've always gotten heavy period with NO cramps...just very bad headaches, they are awful! But girls Plan B really works. Definitely $50 is really worth it! Hopefully this help.

February 20, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by natjean:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): This pill seriously works. If you were in the same position as me, you're sitting on this website reading the reviews and hoping the pill is working. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 12th when the condom broke. He was able to buy the pill the 14th some 50 hours after. I took it asap. I was very tired and felt nauseous and dizzy every so often after I took it. started spotting on the 19th and now it's the 20th and I just woke up with my period. The 50 dollars spent on buying the pill is much better than risking having a baby.

February 20, 2015 9:16 AM

Review by Anonymously-Me:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had a condom mishap. After waiting 38 hours to take the pill I was a complete wreck. I was so nervous because getting pregnant would ruin my future at this young age. 5 days later I got my period with extreme cramping and heavy blood flow. The cramps were bad but it was all worth it. It worked.

February 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Review by Annaaaa:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took the pill 6 hours after the condom broke I was so scared but a week later I started bleeding for about 3 days from the pill and as of today I got my period all I can say is ladies don't stress the pill works great.

February 14, 2015 10:01 AM

Review by BillyGeen:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This is for all the guys out there freaking out. So me and my friend had sex about a month ago and she had just got off her period a few days prior. The condom broke - We both instantly panicked and I ran to the store and bought Plan B for her, so she took it within 2 hours. The worst part of this whole situation was waiting. We waited 29 days. So guys it does work I know I'm saying just relax wont help (at least it didnt for me) but trust me not stressing will make things go so much smoother. Just be supportive and ride it out. It will end.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2015 11:09 AM

Review by Shuha (taken for less than 1 month):

I took the emergency contraception pill almost 5 days before my ovulation. I took it within 3 hours of the mishap with the condom. I was worried sick thinking I could be pregnant. My period was meant to come on a Monday, but it came on Sunday, which was 6 days late. I was so scared, I nearly cried, but I did end up getting my period. I'm so relieved. All that stress didn't help. If you have taken the Emergency Cobtraceptive Pill, don't worry if your period is a bit delayed.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 12:44 PM

Review by after pill works:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by Mazamz:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by Oooppps:

After having sex for the first time and not using a condom, I picked up Take Action 2 hours after and ladies it definitely works! I was super stressing out because I was 2 days late but it's better than being pregnant. But I'm having the worst cramps ever and extreme nausea to the point were I have no appetite. Nonetheless, it's a life saver!

January 24, 2015 2:17 AM