User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by peachesnicole07:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): On July 1st, I took Plan B One Step 44 hours after sex where a condom failed. I took the pill 5 days before expected period. I had no spotting or major symptoms, was just a little tired after I took it. My period was supposed to start on July 6th, and it was 10 days late, and started on the 16th. I've never been happier to see my period! My cramps were awful but I am sure thankful for this pill. Don't be scared if your period is over a week late, I stressed so bad and had every right to but it can definitely be later than that. Just give it time and take a test if you're scared!

July 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Smile47 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This is the BEST avenue to take for an emergency. Me and my boyfriend had an accident during unprotected sex and I took the pill within 24 hrs. Got my period on time (just one day late). It may delay your period from a day to a few weeks and the waiting for your period could be crucial, trust me I know, BUT it works. Now breath and go eat some chocolate.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by gratefulgirl100:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I was not going to post a review but decided to after realizing there might be someone out there very nervous right now. I had sex a day after my period ended and while I probably didn't even need it, I was very scared, being a teenager, and decided to take Plan B. I took it five hours after the incident and I didn't have any side effects. I got my period 1 week 2 days after the pill, which is odd considering I just had it, but Plan B messes up your period. Now I'm not sure whether my next period will come when it was originally supposed to, or in a month, but since I got my period I know Plan B worked. I worried myself sick but reading all the positive reviews helped and I hope this one does too!

July 7, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by Gira915:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): It was a heat of the moment thing and we went unprotected. Not too smart, but it happens. Took Plan B One Step less than an hour later. Like you, I was anxious and jumped into reading reviews and began the waiting game. The second day I felt dizzy, nauseated, and sleepy, but it didn't kill me. For those wondering,I'm 5'3, 145 lbs, and never took birth control before. Just relax, even if you don't feel it, this is working. Easier said than done, I know. My period came a few days earlier than expected and heavier, but I've never been so happy to see it!

July 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by Thank God (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Me and my girlfriend had sex sadly the condom broke. I was so confused, I rushed to a local Walgreens and purchased the pill. Which was about two hours after our incident. Then here came the long waiting. We waited and nothing. I thought day after day. Guys let me tell you I have a future and this pill saved it. Don't use it as a birth control it is used for what it says, emergency only. Thanks science.

July 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by Frenzy (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): If this pill doesn't work then no pill will work. Condom broke an I was scared to death. Took this pill within 12 hours, got my period 5 days late (the worst 5 days if my life). Never been so happy bleeding. P.S. Except for mild cramping I did not have any side effect.

July 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Review by Megann2:

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): After taking Next Choice One Dose - I experienced three periods in one month, intestinal pain, constipation, headaches, and high blood pressure. I am a healthy run of the mill 23 year old, so I was extremely surprised by these side effects. I had taken Next Choice once before when it was a two dose. It did not have this effect on body, cycle, or hormones. It has been a hard month due to this medication - but it's better than an unwanted pregnancy. I don't want to discourage anyone from taking this. I just want them to know what they may have to go through. Like I said, it's still a small price to say.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by Had a mistake:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Girlfriend took this pill after an accident as we practice extremely safe sex... She took the pill 10 hours after the incident on June 8th, her last period was around May 14th. It is now June 23rd and she got her period! Obviously it is pretty late but that is a side effect from the pill. Around 3 days after she was complaining of cramping which is what I have come to understand was the pill working. So after 2 stress filled weeks of waiting everything is fine! This pill will definitely mess with your cycle but it does the job and I am so thankful for it.

June 23, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Masami (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had sex during ovulation period. I was so paranoid I decided to take plan B. I took plan B like 30hrs later. Well let me tell you let this be your last resort. I received so many pregnancy symptoms throughout this whole ordeal I was freaking out so bad until my period came. I was so sick. Sore breast, headaches, fatigue, horrible cramping, and the worst diarrhea. I was depressed after taking this. The hormones are crazy and will have you going insane. Not everyone have same side effects though so maybe it will be different for you.

June 22, 2014 1:30 AM

Review by young adult:

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): I used Next Choice one dose ...I took the pill 10 hrs after. It made me so sleepy and I was a bit dizzy. On the fifth day I started with a bad headache and the next day I started spotting, now today I am proud to say I'm not pregnant! I was so paranoid when my period wasn't here. Now it is I couldn't be happier to. Just relax girl, it works.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2014 8:15 PM

Review by Thankful!:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took this pill about 20 hours after "unprotected sex". I had absolutely no side effects for about a week, but then my breasts hurt and became enlarged, I was constantly bloated, constipated, and had horrible back pains and cramping. I was completely stressed out and scared I might be pregnant after freaking myself out reading about pregnancy signs. However, my period came today and I've never been so happy! The flow is normal but with more cramping than usual. Overall, I am very pleased with this product! It is way less expensive than a baby, and I am never having sex without protection again! But don't worry ladies..It'll be ok!

June 20, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by TheAmazingPill (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): We had a failure with the condom. After my girlfriend was able to take the pill 9 hours later. She had a couple days of intense cramping but it came and went. 2 weeks later she got her period on time. I would highly recommend to take the pill within the first 12 hours. If you do You should be fine. The sooner you take it the better. So don't stress about it to much, you will drive yourself crazy when there's a high chance you won't get pregnant. My situation was pretty bad so I'm sure if it worked for me, it will work for you.

June 18, 2014 12:33 AM

Review by Britt Britt (taken for less than 1 month):

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): I took this pill 10 days before my period. And took it 37 hours within the 72 hour required. It made me tired and I had headaches, more than usual. Then round the time of my period I was a little worried, and the day before my period I started to spot for 3 days. It was suppose to come on June 14. So I was even more worried. Then come Monday and thank God, my period came. I never been more excited for my period to come until now!! IT WORKS.

June 16, 2014 1:23 PM

Review by hughes4054:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Alright ladies.. This pill is a lifesaver! Me and my boyfriend had an incident when the condom broke. At the time, I was ovulating and I took the Plan B pill within 24 hours. I didn't have any symptoms for about a week, and then I got ALL of them. Tender breasts, abdominal pain, bloating, very weird stomach noises, bad headaches, and very tired. My biggest symptom was being worried though! I am only 16, and I am now not pregnant. This pill works miracles! One relieved lady right here. Good luck to all of you!

June 5, 2014 12:56 AM

Review by olive123:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): 12-14 days after taking Plan B still no period at my normal time so I was kind of getting worried. I used some hot compresses, I had a few soaks in the tub and my period came raging 2 days later than expected. My stomach had never been so "full" before a period ever. After this experience I am glad everything worked out with getting my period.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Large and in Charge (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected intercourse twice within the range of the 72 hours. I asked a friend of mine who has used Plan B and the morning after I purchased Plan B for $41.80 (price is after taxes). Came home, took them, felt fine. No side effects. I was supposed to get my period 3 days later but I didn't. I got minor cramps here and there but nothing too severe. Now exactly a week after I took them I got my period (5 days late). This pill works but I never ever get severe period cramps. My period cramps this time are very severe and painful to the point where I can barely move. This has never happened to me before and I hope it lightens up in the next couple of days.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Review by emilia11:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I'm 17, I had protected sexual intercourse the condom ripped and that's when I decided to take Plan B. I did not think that this pill would work, its my first time trying something like this but the pill actually worked for me. Today I'm relieved that I got my period. Thanks to Plan B I don't have to worry anymore.

May 18, 2014 5:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Took about 24 hours after the incident. Was about a week late with heavy cramping.. Very moody and crampy.

May 14, 2014 4:27 PM

Review by Sweet Anj (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): If you take this pill as directed, it will work. My boyfriend and I had an accident last Saturday and I took Plan B about 30 minutes later. I was very worried that I was going to become pregnant, and I basically worried myself sick over things I read online. I had some nausea and cramping but I got my period right on time with a normal flow. Don't worry ladies!

May 13, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by taytay1014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the second day of my period. 20 to 24 hours later I took Plan B. I had nausea select days over a week or two then everything seemed back to normal. Two days after I had unprotected sex my period stopped. Plan B works three different ways one of them being telling your body not to ovulate. Well 11 days after my period stopped I was due to ovulate. Plan B more than likely told my body not to ovulate at that time because my period was 9 days late. I'm also overweight by a couple pounds to where Plan B effectiveness starts to fade. I think because I was ovulating close to when I took Plan B it told my body to wait to ovulate. Today I got my period. Thank goodness!!

May 12, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): If you're here reading these comments, that means you're a boy or girl in the same position I was: A mistake was made somewhere and you're concerned about pregnancy. The waiting is gruesome, but I'm here to assure you; this pill works. After ingesting the pill 16 hours after sex, a period of terrible waiting began. My girlfriend and I were both antsy and scared, and the time of her expected period came and went. She was 8 days late, but alas, she had it. This pill works in mysterious ways that can cause a later period, but I'm here to tell you there is nothing to worry about. It's scary, it's unsettling, but I'm here to tell you to calm down and relax because this pill will take care of everything.

May 12, 2014 5:34 PM

Review by FloridaChic2014:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had unprotected sex the day I was ovulating. Within 12 hours I took Plan B. Five days later I had a bad backache and woke up with cramping and what I guess was heavy spotting that lasted about 3 days. My period was due on a Tuesday but started that Saturday (5 days late). The only real side effect besides the spotting was I was very irritable the week leading up to my period and I never ever have PMS. I would recommend this highly if you get yourself into a similar situation. Of course condoms, BCP, IUD etc… are a much better option.

May 10, 2014 11:05 AM

Review by futurenurse2017:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This pill does work! Trust me. I took this pill literally 20 minutes after having sex and I had bad cramping and nausea and breast tenderness for about a week. I didn't get my period on time, I got it 5 days late. But hey, I got it! And I'm so glad. This pill really does work.

May 1, 2014 3:15 PM

Review by maruko (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had to take Plan B after unprotected sex. I really don't want to have baby so I took it after that 10 hrs. I have no effect for this pill but I was very stressed and worried about when my period arrived. Yes! It worked so well even about 1 day late for period. But so much pain of my back now. Just please make sure you take it before 24 hr.

April 23, 2014 1:31 AM

Review by notpreg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Me and my boyfriend had protected sex on April 15th. Unfortunately, the condom broke. I took Plan B One-Step about 20-30 minutes later (the sooner you take it the better it works). My period was due in another week, so the anxiety began. I was very sleepy and sick to my stomach for about 6 days but I just got my period! I've never been so happy. If you took the pill within a 24 hour time frame you have nothing to worry about. Stress will cause your period to delay even more. Just relax, you'll be okay. This pill is very effective. Accidents happen, and that's okay. Plan B is only for emergency use though. I am so glad women have the option to this.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 10:48 AM