Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Lizziev (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex on April 8th took the pill 12hrs later! Experienced a few cramps and extreme tiredness! Yesterday April 14th my period started and I am extremely happy that this pill worked! Also I heard it does not work on overweight people but I weigh 180 and it worked for me!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 1:20 PM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I took Plan B about 6 hours later. I had a large amount of pregnancy symptoms about a week after taking the pill, and was constantly freaking out about the possibility of me being pregnant. I actually thought I was pregnant. However, the pill pulled through and I ended up receiving my period 4 days late.

April 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Review by Qwsx (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Me and my girlfriend had a condom mishap. We started to freak out but bought the pill 3 hours later. Waited for 2 weeks and her period was 1 day early. This pill works and is effective. Thankful for it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 2:43 AM

Review by jon&meme (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): On March 20 the condom slipped off and we didnt notice so I got her the pill 7 hours after the accident and the days passed by and I was freaking out because I'm still young and would ruin my future. April 2 her period came on.. and we are so relieved!! It says it dont work for overweight people but it did for her, 200 lbs. Just stay relax.

April 3, 2015 1:12 AM

Review by Sasha89:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): It happened last day before my period. Technically it's impossible to get pregnant in that period of the cycle, however every person is unique and may be a lot of exceptions. I took the pill ~40h after as I hoped period to start itself. After 24h felt nausea and was afraid that my body rejected it. Nevertheless, my period started 5 days later. I assume its delay was reasoned by the cold I got that month earlier and medicine I cured myself and eventually by that huge dose of hormone the morning pill consists of. The next period came right on time regarding the new cycle. Insist on using condoms!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 2:04 PM

Review by lmk69:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Thank you to everyone who left a review letting me know that my cycle would be messed up and my 2nd period after taking Plan B would be late! My first period following the pill came right on time 2 weeks later but when the 2nd was 10 days late, I started to freak out. I stopped worrying after reading others experiences and now after another 8 days I finally got it. .. Yay! I would highly recommend this product. I took it within 12 hours and other than my slight panic attack a month later, it worked great!

March 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Review by Wife & Mom to 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): My husband had just got a vasectomy, but there is a period of time where men are still fertile and we hadn't been cleared yet for zero sperm count. We had a few drinks and forgot to use protection. We knew I had either already ovulated or was about to ovulate at the time of our oops. The next day I took the pill and within a few hours I could tell it was taking effect. I got a lot of cramps on one side which kept occurring periodically for the two weeks after. I had some dizziness and extreme fatigue for a few days. The side effects were all listed on the package though. I think since I took the pill right around my fertile time it didn't mess up my cycle much. I started right on the day I was supposed to exactly two weeks after our oops.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Review by Smartypants Britt:

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): So I took the pill 10 hours after my little encounter with my best friend. It was my first time and I was shocked that I succumbed to the pressure. I experienced cramps and headaches the whole week after taking the pill. I was worried when my period didn't official start that Monday but I was three days late which was Thursday when I came on. I'm so happy and relieved. This pill works. So just calm down and breathe.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 11:20 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): So it was my first time having sex and I it was unplanned and I wasnt on birth control (which was dumb on my part, and I'm starting it now) but anyways, I had sex and the condom broke but he didn't tell me till the third day. This pill is only effective for 72 hours and I took it on the 65th hour, and I was stressing because I didn't think it was going to work but believe me don't stress the pill worked. My period came today and I'm so so happy, I was stressed because I thought it wasn't going to be as effective as it may have been if I took it on the first or second day but thankfully it worked.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 2:41 PM

Review by Gator1996:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My period usually comes on towards the end of the month. N my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 2nd and I took the pill that same day. The 8th of that month my period came on ( it came early ) n by the 15th it was still on and I was a lil worried because its been 8days that my period has been on. The 16th came and it went off but the 18th came and I started bleeding again. It's like I'm having a 2nd period

March 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Review by aubrey1996:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my MOST FERTILE day according to a highly accurate period tracker app I've used for over a year. I took it approx 20-23 hours after, and my period came 9 days early. I cannot express how grateful I am for this pill. The only side effects I experienced were slight cramping and fatigue.

March 21, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by Scarlettxox:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My story is the same as most of yours; broken condom. This is my second time talking the pill, and I feel like the second time around I had a really adverse reaction. I have the most awful stomach pain, head aches, diarrhea (eww), dizziness, breast tenderness, fatigue... Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I got the wrong end of the stick this time I guess. The symptoms are making me nervous, but reading all the positive comments on here makes me feel better!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Review by Baby stopper:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Well, I'm not pregnant so it worked for me. I took Plan B 44 hrs after the incident and I was ovulating. The only side effects I had was cramping and back aches a week after I took the pill and sometimes heat flashes. I was only a day late.

March 18, 2015 4:45 PM

Review by ACarolineB12:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): The condom broke and we didn't realize it until too late...it was around time of my ovulation. I am not on birth control and took Plan B less than 12 hours later. During the next two weeks I was so paranoid and scared thinking I was pregnant because I was ovulating and thinking I was seeing so many signs, but please trust that this medicine does work! I ended up getting my period two days early and was so relieved. Take Plan B as SOON as you can after you have an accident. It works miracles even when you have an accident WHEN you're ovulating.

March 17, 2015 9:03 AM

Review by blondiegirl22 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Condom broke on Saturday night, took Plan B One Step on Sunday afternoon. After 6 symptom-free days, I started spotting on Saturday and by Sunday my period arrived with minor cramps and light bleeding. It takes time to work so just relax and let the pill do its job! I'm also well over the weight guidelines (I'm 197lbs) but it worked for me!! Thanks Plan B!

March 17, 2015 1:28 AM

Review by Anonymous112:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Me and my girlfriend had sex and the condom broke. We went to get Plan B 7 hours later and her period came 5 days early. Don't worry, I know the wait is bad but it will come eventually. Try to worry less and everything will be alright!

March 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by bustitbaby25 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B 5 hours after having sex. The Condom broke while I was having sex and I didn't even know it and I was really scared. So I went to CVS and got the pill. It might cost a lot but it was worth it. Thank God for this. It's a life saver. Lord knows I can't raise no kids at this age.

March 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by Eastofedenwestofnowhere:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Had a condom mishap Friday, took the pill Saturday and it is now Thursday (5 days later) and my period is beginning to start. However you may experience vomiting, headaches, & light nausea but it's worth it ladies it works!

March 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Girls, if you think it's not going to work stop sweating it. My boyfriend and I had sex while I was ovulating and the comdom broke and about 9 hours later we got Plan B and I took it. I got my period 2 weeks early and broke out pretty bad and had terrible headaches but it's better than pregnancy and taking care of a baby when you aren't ready. Don't worry it works

March 8, 2015 7:31 PM

Review by Patrizia Anne:

I love this pill. I had sex when I was ovulating, there was a an issue with the condom and I took the pill 11 - 12 hours later. I was in an emotional hell waiting for my period. I cried and prayed I think like never before because I'm not ready to have a child and I don't know if I ever will. I got my period when due but it was lighter than usual and I was still worried. The next month, I had breast pain for some days and maybe some enlargement. Besides all the negative tests, I thought I was pregnant, finally I went to the Gyn and no, my uterus is empty and I am the happiest woman on earth. Maybe the pill helped me, or maybe I never got pregnant in the first place... but I recommend it anyway.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2015 5:06 AM

Review by GMM214:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B 11 hours after unprotected sex. I had very mild cramps a few hours after taking the pill. My period came 2 weeks after, heavier than usual and lasted 8 days. This pill really works.

March 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Review by Anonymousddddd:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM