User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by guess flower:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Anonymous12346678:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I was ovulating when I had sex and the condom broke. My boyfriend bought me the pill and I took it about 24 hours after the incident. It's been three weeks and I haven't started my period and I'm very worried

February 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Review by Rgt01 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B after approx. 2 hours after unprotected sex. That same day after a few hours I started to feel VERY bloated, and felt like that the following day as well. I honestly had difficulties driving since I also had pain on my right ovary area! I got my period 1 week after the pill and 1 week before it was supposed to be. Not to mention, but I've always gotten heavy period with NO cramps...just very bad headaches, they are awful! But girls Plan B really works. Definitely $50 is really worth it! Hopefully this help.

February 20, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by natjean:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): This pill seriously works. If you were in the same position as me, you're sitting on this website reading the reviews and hoping the pill is working. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 12th when the condom broke. He was able to buy the pill the 14th some 50 hours after. I took it asap. I was very tired and felt nauseous and dizzy every so often after I took it. started spotting on the 19th and now it's the 20th and I just woke up with my period. The 50 dollars spent on buying the pill is much better than risking having a baby.

February 20, 2015 9:16 AM

Review by Anonymously-Me:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had a condom mishap. After waiting 38 hours to take the pill I was a complete wreck. I was so nervous because getting pregnant would ruin my future at this young age. 5 days later I got my period with extreme cramping and heavy blood flow. The cramps were bad but it was all worth it. It worked.

February 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Review by Annaaaa:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took the pill 6 hours after the condom broke I was so scared but a week later I started bleeding for about 3 days from the pill and as of today I got my period all I can say is ladies don't stress the pill works great.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 10:01 AM

Review by Shuha (taken for less than 1 month):

I took the emergency contraception pill almost 5 days before my ovulation. I took it within 3 hours of the mishap with the condom. I was worried sick thinking I could be pregnant. My period was meant to come on a Monday, but it came on Sunday, which was 6 days late. I was so scared, I nearly cried, but I did end up getting my period. I'm so relieved. All that stress didn't help. If you have taken the Emergency Cobtraceptive Pill, don't worry if your period is a bit delayed.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 12:44 PM

Review by after pill works:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by Mazamz:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by Oooppps:

After having sex for the first time and not using a condom, I picked up Take Action 2 hours after and ladies it definitely works! I was super stressing out because I was 2 days late but it's better than being pregnant. But I'm having the worst cramps ever and extreme nausea to the point were I have no appetite. Nonetheless, it's a life saver!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 2:17 AM

Review by JasmineK:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by tellme24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): I took the take action pill last year and I didn't research it or anything. I was really scared it wasn't going to be effective. My husband got it for me. I'm happy to say this pill didn't really have any scary or painful side effects the only thing I felt was maybe little cramps breast pain and that was it. I got my period 3 days after when I was supposed to get it, even though this pill is only effective during 72 hours (3 days) I took it the 4th day and everything felt normal. I took the take action pill last year July 4, 2014. I have recently took it again 2 weeks ago and I've so far just had headaches and breast pain.

January 15, 2015 10:50 PM

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by UniversityStudent:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by At ease:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Loreylol:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Review by Firsttimer74:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): After reading so many reviews in the past couple of weeks, I felt I needed to write one given my unusual experience. I had unprotected sex the first week of December, I took Plan B within 12hrs and felt completely fine. 4 days later I bled very heavily for 4 or 5 days, and figured I safe. Then my period never came, took 2 pregnancy tests both were negative but I got so paranoid once I was a week late I went to the doctor and had a blood test, also negative, but with still no period and "pregnancy symptoms" I was still very concerned. FINALLY 11 days late I started my period. Plan B can definitely throw your system very out of whack, so moral of the story if you're anything like me try and relax!

January 8, 2015 3:57 PM

Review by .plan.b.:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I have taken plan B twice and both times I have been an emotional wreck. My PMS was intensified. Crying for no reason and irritability. My period was also out of whack for a couple of months after. Besides that, no other effects.

January 7, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had no side affects at all, and It really did it's job. I got my period one day early and am so happy to see it. I had a mishap about a week ago and rushed to the store to buy this I took it approx. 3 hours afterwards. Works great best money spent.

January 6, 2015 5:59 PM

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM