User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hey ladies!! Just like you I was reading these freakin out so I'm here to share my experience! My boyfriend and I were having sex, the condom broke and we didn't know. He always pulls out but does as he's cumming. I took the pill 11 hours after our mishap. Did some research and I was ovulating the day it happened of course I freaked out! Stomach cramps, headaches, back pain, vaginal discharge, and fatigue were all of the side affects I had from the pill. But I started my period almost a week early! I also took a pregnancy test 2 weeks after the mishap and it came back negative. I'm not gonna tell you to not stress because I know I did."

K-g February 2, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm gonna share my full story to try to bring relief to anyone freaking out. I am 18 and my boyfriend is 19. We're clearly not in a place to be parents at all. We had sex with a condom a week ago and as he was pulling out it slipped off spilling who knows how much in me. I immediately took plan b. I got my period a week later and two weeks earlier than it should've been. But my period was weird, it started off brown (which it normally is at the end not beginning) and it was very light, me freaking out took to the Internet. I was very nervous that this could be implantation bleeding instead of my period because it met the qualifications of implantation rather than a period. I waited it out and now my period is regular. Hope it helps."

Reliefbringer February 2, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "This pill did not work and I'm so upset. I took the pill within 3 hours of having sex and 2 weeks later my period did not show up. I took 2 tests and now I'm pregnant. I want my money back! Aftera does not work like Plan B."

Nowpregnant2016 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Took this pill 48 hours after sex and it worked! I just had a little bit of cramping and I suddenly got my period early."

Anonymous 1888 February 2, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I've written my experience before but I can feel like I can still help. This works. And to be honest this is risky, but DO NOT stress about it. Stress can make you feel all sorts of physical symptoms, some even similar to pregnancy. That will make you feel like the pill didn't work and you'll go crazy. Don't search for things on the internet. Because you aren't the person who's experience you're reading (except this, this helps!). Don't go on healthline.com or mayo clinic or anything. I took this and my period came a week early, 2 weeks after I took the pill. That is my new start date. and I now experience ovulation symptoms and my period is a little lighter! So worth it to know this WORKS."

not pregnant 7 months later! February 2, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "To start off, in most cases, plan b works. I'm 18 and had sex for the first time. Unfortunately, the condom broke. After about 2 hours, I took the pill. I did not experience any side effects besides the bleeding. I bled 4 days after taking the pill. (Common) then my period's original date came and still no period. After 2 weeks of waiting, I finally got my period. Don't worry ladies, stress can make it come later so try not to stress and just relax. As long as your weight is under 165 lbs and you take the pill within 72 hours, you should have no problems!"

Anonymous February 1, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I was in the middle of having sex with my boyfriend when there was little lubrication and I felt pain so I made him stop then when he took off the condom it was broken and he actually ejaculated inside of me! This happened at around 11:00pm and of course all the pharmacies were closed so the next day as soon as most pharmacies opened(9:00) I got the plan b pill. My period was supposed to come yesterday and I just got it today so I made this review!! Plan B works! I was so scared but really, don't be. As long as you take it within 24 hours you'll be fine"

UnderequippedForParenthood January 31, 2016

"Calm down guys and ladies! I know how does it feel, I've been in my darkest times in this review website thinking my life was thrown away for a stupid moment... but this freakin' thing really works! seriously, its an absolutely bad luck if this does not work for you, the odds are 2% that this thing fail, trust me, I did lots of research... CALM DOWN FOLKS."

worriedonenightguy (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago and bought Plan B the day after having sex. So that night he wore a condom but the condom slipped off and he came inside of me just a little bit. Just to make sure it wasn't a possibility of me being pregnant right now he bought Plan B. I was really skeptical on if it'll work at first but I read all these good reviews and it kind of made me not stress over me possibly being pregnant to much. Today I got my period and it was the biggest relief ever. So don't stress out Plan B really works."

Courtney0111 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "It was December 23 and the condom broke I got took the pill 40 some hours later it's now Jan 29 and I still haven't gotten my period my last was Dec 9th starting to think the pill deffenetly didn't work for me :("

Anonymous January 31, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I am a 18 yo female and had protected sex with my boyfriend. The condom broke (we didn't notice until it was too late) and I was not on birth control, so I bought the pill and took it less than an hour later. I felt very sick and crampy the next day, so I figured that meant that the pill was doing its job. However- I was wrong. I ended up pregnant but had a miscarriage. I do not recommend this pill and it definitely should not be relied on. It may work for some, but for others the consequences will be all too real."

scarredforlife January 31, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hey, you. Girl reading plan b reviews for the past hour. I was just like you. I read these reviews about 15 times each and started googling about every possible question on how effective the morning after pill was. Me and my boyfriend were having sex and the condom ripped. I freaked out because he had came inside me. I started shaking and telling him off because he didn't pull out when he felt the condom rip. He said he didn't feel it, but I didn't believe him. We rushed to the pharmacy about 30 minutes after we had unprotected sex and I took the pill. I was freaking out! Thinking about how I was gonna raise a kid. BUT I got my period one week early!:) believe me, It works!!!"

Nessaaaa January 31, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Wow ladies!!!! All I have to say is "wow". This stuff seriously works. I'm 18 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend on the 22nd of January, and while he was pulling out, the condom stayed inside of me. We were worried about any leakage so I decided to take plan b about 18 hours later. according to my period tracker it said that I was supposed to ovulate on the 21st so I started to freak out thinking I could've been ovulating while I took plan b. My side effects were very little but it did make more anxious about my period starting and a little bit more irritable than I usually am the week before my period. I was only a day late for my period and I could not be happier. This medicine is a lifesaver. Just sit back, relax, and don't stress"

Carriebelle141 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I had protected sex just yesterday (Friday, January 29, 2016). He used a condom--as usual. But, this time, unfortunately, the condom came off--either while he was still penetrated or after he pulled out. This scared us both so much, because there's a very high chance that semen could had entered my vaginal tract and went further into my reproductive system. He didn't want to take the risk, so he decided for us to immediately go to out and buy Plan B One Step. I took the pill, with not water, but Canada Dry ginger ale, about one hour after we had sex. I waited two hours to expect symptoms, and still haven't experienced any, except for fatigue. It's been about 12 hours now today. I'm wondering if I'm going to have symptoms"

PrettyFace18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I was worried about possible side effects but I didn't experience ANY. No headache, no nausea, no dizziness. I ate indian food for lunch about 2 hours after taking my pill. You'll be fine."

rtsng January 28, 2016

My Way (levonorgestrel): "All I can say is relax ladies! It has over a 95% success rate. I had unprotected sex while I was ovulating and took the pill about 10 hours later. No side effects whatsoever for almost 2 weeks (Mind you I'm well above the "weight limit" for the pill). Then, my boobs started hurting so bad I couldn't bare it. I even had some spotting which freaked me out! It really messes with you, but in the end, I got my period! The longest 3 weeks, but it worked!"

All_Good January 28, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This pill is very trust worthy! I am 17 years old, turning 18 and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the first time. He had gotten off inside of me around 10pm. The next day I went out and got plan b and took it around 5pm and took the next pill 12 hours later. I started researching and freaking out and I realized we had donei t on the exact days I was supposedly ovulating! Thank goodness my period started two weeks later on the exact date it was suppose to. I had minor stomach pains and spotting from the pill a few days after take but nothing major. Stop stressing, the pill works."

Anonymous January 24, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm 21 years old and me & my guy use protection every time. This particular night he got too excited & pulled the condom off. Unfortunately it was the day I ovulated. I'm working and in school so having a baby right now is not in our plans. I went to the pharmacy and got the pill for $50. It was around 3 hours later when I took the pill. I had some cramping and nausea for two days after the pill. My period came on at the usual time 2 weeks later. It was a lot heavier than normal, but I wasn't pregnant. I came here to read reviews before my decision, so I hope my story can help other women or couples."

SJONES2012 (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Listen, I had sex on 01/08/16 and the condom came off when he withdrew. It was every where. I took Plan B about 13 hours later. I got every side effect ever. Nausea, bloating, VERY TIRED, headache, lower back pain and CRAMPS!!! Lots of cramps!!! I will not tell you to relax because I couldn't relax AT ALL for two weeks. I had no sign of a period at all for over a week and a half. I woke up everyday freaking out! Yesterday I got spotting and then my mind raced and I googled everything! Today AF came. 12 days after plan b and 1 week late on period. It absolutely messes with your hormones and you will be hyper sensitive to every side effect you get and I KNOW you will think your pregnant as soon as you feel a sign but it is the hormones."

Absolutelyterrified January 20, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So after I've taken the pill for the second time in one year, I decide to share my experience to comfort some other girls who's worrying like me before. Both time were caused by condom broken (twice a year! Can't believe the odds!) Both time happened during my 20-ish day after the last period. So my cycle is about 31-35 days, which means I could be either ovulating or a few ( or one) days after ovulation. Not good, because I see somewhere that the pill won't do anything after ovulation. Anyway, I took the pill within 3 hours both time. I didn't have any side effect. And my period came as usual. The pill didn't mess up my cycle either. So sit and rest girls. Let the pill do its work."

Donhdibfusind January 19, 2016

My Way (levonorgestrel): "*Ladies this is a real experience. I had unprotected sex around the time I was ovulating. So the chances of me getting pregnant was pretty high. I took the pill 24 hours later with my dinner and I was worried it wouldn't work. At first I didn't get any symptoms then a couple days to a week go by and I started to experience early pregnancy like symptoms. Today, I got my my period on time so relax it works . "

Jade1222 January 19, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Well I was recently on depo and it was cool at first then all the mood swings, nauseousness, and headaches started "

Muvaspeaks January 19, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Well a good medicine if taken in time to stop pregnancy but the side effects it hurts. I had cramps and headaches which are terrible for me."

pratyusha banerjee (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "January 5th I was ovulating and me and my boyfriend hooked up, he came inside of me and I was totally freaking out. Went to Walgreen's to buy this wonderful gift and took it about 7 hours after we did the deed..I just started my period today! I'm so very happy and thankful for plan b, it works ladies!! I was completely skeptical about it since it was my first time taking it. I had mild side effects like it made me feel nauseous, I had a huge headache, I was dizzy but 24 hours after I took it I felt much better. Make sure you take it ASAP before 24 hours is definitely your best bet!!! Trust plan b!"

Rayray2012 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So, I had unprotected sex about a week ago, and we used the "pullout" method. He didn't ejaculate in me, but I was still nervous, so I went and bought Plan B about 4 hours later and took it. The only side effect I had was being very tied for about the next two days. I was extremely stressed for this past weekend, waiting for my period to come. It finally came today! It is great! Just relax, and don't stress, the pill will work if you give it some time."

stressbegone January 16, 2016