User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by teeny83:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took plan B years ago when it was 2 pills never had any issues. In March 2011 I took it again and it was only 1 pill, I ended up getting pregnant (he was my miracle baby) I couldn't be happier. I took it again 1 week and starting bleeding very badly on Sat.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by terrible emotions:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Plan B definitely helps with not getting pregnant but the emotional level is TERRIBLE. I react super bad to hormones so this has been a nightmare.

September 17, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by Wee:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): So me & a friend got really drunk & we ended up having sex, which I only have flashbacks of. He doesn't remember anything so I chose to tell him we didn't do it because I didn't want him to know he was the one who took my virginity. So I took the pill about 40 hours after, I was extremely scared!! Only thinking the worst. Then 7 long days later, I got my period!!! I had really bad cramping. I wanted to share my story because a lot of yours helped me calm my nerves! Xoxo

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Imnotagirl:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I may not be a female, but trust me, this works! Me and my girlfriend have used this pill at least 2 times already, and we still don't have a baby! The sooner you take it, the higher chance there is of not becoming pregnant. So if you're reading this all worried, then don't be! Just buy the pill, and drink it! It worked for my girlfriend.

September 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Tlp123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Missed a birth control pill on the 9th day of my packet and took Plan B 24 hrs later. The condom split during sex 4 days later and I really panicked and took the morning after pill 14 hours later. I had every pregnancy symptom you could imagine I had myself convinced I was! I'm only 18 and was so scared of what might happen, but my withdrawal bleed came today one day early, although it is lighter than it usually is.. Rest assured this pill really works don't worry yourself sick like I did.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Kay888:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B 10 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and for two days I was nauseous, and I had no appetite, but that passed. A week later, I got my period but it was extremely heavy with blood clots, but I'd rather have a heavy flow than a baby.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by v.rodriguez (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 5 days before I was supposed to get my period. I went to go buy emergency contraception after 48 hours. Some symptoms I experienced were breast pains or tenderness, tiredness, and I did break out. Don't worry I was paranoid too since I took it after 48 hours. I was researching all day if this pill does work. Well it did for me. I did get my period 8 days late. But, I got it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Vikki-Carmina (taken for less than 1 month):

Let me start off by saying this can happen to anyone. I'm a nurse. On 8/31 my boyfriend's condom broke. He noticed & pulled out right before he ejaculated. Although I didn't think I was pregnant,12 hours later I took the My Choice brand contraceptive. The only side effects I had were achy soreness in my shoulders, little bit of nausea, and exhaustion (but I was up all night worrying if I could become pregnant so I have to factor that in too). Being a RN, I researched the medication, it's side effects, etc. I also purchased Midol & chewable Pepto Bismal---great investment! First sign of a side effect I took the correlating med. Worked like a charm! Today is 9/8, was spotting but it's gotten heavier so it works! I'm 2 weeks early!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by ParanoidasHell:

My Way (levonorgestrel): I'm going to start this off by saying I was that girl who searched up every ache or pain I was having to see if it was a sign of pregnancy. I worried myself sick (I'm only 18 and leaving for my first year of college in a few weeks) I take regular birth control for acne but I wasn't very consistent. I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend and the condom broke, just our luck. Me being paranoid made him run out to the local Pharmacy and buy My Way and I took it within 4 hours of the incident. I had nausea for about a week, I was fatigued, my breasts were extremely sore after about 3 weeks, I had cramping and lower stomach pain. My period was about a week late, but I got it! RELAX. This pill works! Trust me!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 5:49 AM

Review by WhatARelief:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): THIS WORKS. I had no doubt in my mind about that! So basically my boyfriend and I are always using protection but about 5 days ago that condom slipped off. About 12 hours later we bought Plan B and I took it. I was due for my period like 2 days after but it never came. After what felt like the longest 5 days ever, I finally got it today! So don't worry, periods are often delayed by this. Anyways, this saved our lives. Whew!

August 30, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by DianeAshley34:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took the pill twice. I didn't have any symptoms with it. The first time my period was 4 days late. And the second time I missed it for a whole month! I was totally freaking out thinking I was pregnant. I took 2 pregnancy test, they were negative. And surely the following month my period was back in track.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 1:49 AM

Review by NotPregnant2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Plan B works! I took it exactly 36 hours later after having sex (without protection). Honestly I didn't get any side effects besides a heavier period. My period came 2 weeks later after taking the pill and I also experienced some cramping. But that was it. I'm so thankful for this pill.

August 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by Anonymous6789:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Two days after my period ended, the condom broke during sex. I took the pill close to two hours afterwards and got cramps later that night. It has been exactly a week since my period ended and I just received my monthly after a long night of cramps. Weird, since I just had my period. I can't complain about the side effects because I would take cramps over labor pains any day. I am a college student and I am so relieved that I am not pregnant.

August 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by Stacy K:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I was one of the few people who suffered from anxiety because they weren't sure if this pill was effective. Let me tell you, I am the worst with overthinking and I know what it feels like to be unsure. This pill really does work. Plan B was something I always heard about but never thought I needed until one night of great sex ended with a condom that slipped off. We were both drunk and unaware of what had happened so to be safe, I decided to take the pill 6 hours after the accident. I keep track of my period dates and my last period was on the 21st. I took the pill on the 7th of the next month. I suffered some side effects like headaches, back pain and cramps 2 days before my period. It actually came 5 days early and it just finished today!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by PoorJudgement (taken for less than 1 month):

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): I took Next Choice One Dose 48 hours after unprotected sex. The sex was one day after my period ended. I was dizzy for several days after taking the pill. I had loss of appetite, but I think it was because I was worried about being pregnant. I had spotting 4 days after taking the pill and the spotting was for 3 days. I had cramps the whole time I was spotting. I ended up getting my period a week before it was scheduled to start. My period normally lasts 6 or 7 days, but it was only 4 days after using this pill. It has now been a month since I used the pill and I am not pregnant. I would not want to use emergency contraception again, I think I learned my lesson. If I had a friend in my situation I would definitely recommend it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by AlyJordan:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I have used Plan B a few times and it helps me feel confident knowing there is a back up plan in preventing pregnancy. It is expensive but well worth the money. The only side effects I experienced with this pill is irregular period and right after I take the pill my stomach aches.

August 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): For those are you who are scared or anxious about the Plan B pill, I just wanted to reassure you from personal experience that it WORKS, and isn't necessarily full of side effects either. I took Plan B and the only side effect I felt was a little bit of moodiness for a couple of days- otherwise, NO physical side effects at all. Also, my period came exactly on time and didn't feel any different than my past periods! However, I would advise that you definitely should take it within 24 hours, if you can. Although it says 72 hours, the pill mainly works to prevent ovulation- if you wait too long to take it, you may risk ovulating BEFORE you take it, lessening the main effectiveness of the pill.

August 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Meagan555:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Well, Plan B worked. It worked and here we are a year later, no baby. However, the side effects are HORRIBLE. I threw up 3 times a day for a week, bled heavily, and had cramps so bad I couldn't get out of bed. But, hey. Discomfort for a week or two or an unplanned pregnancy?

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by LilKate:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I've taken this 2-3 times. The first few times mild cramping occurred but nothing major. The most recent occurance resulted in cramps immediately afterwards and bleeding, I mean heavy period type, 5 days after I took it, a mere 2 weeks after I had started my last cycle. The bleeding lasted about 4 days. I thought perhaps it had reset my cycle but nope, got my "normal" period a few days early and it has been the most painful and heaviest I've experienced in some time. Obviously Plan B works, although I have no idea whether or not I was even at risk of being pregnant. Just know it will possibly upset your cycle.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by Xel123:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Had sex on the 7th of August. Took Plan B about 23 hours after from the intercourse. Haven't gotten my period yet because I'm not supposed to be due until the 20th of August but a major side effect that I've been experiencing is a MAJOR amount of tiredness and exhaustion! When I got home from work the day after I took the pill, I went upstairs around 9pm to sleep and woke up the next day around 1pm. I wake up extremely exhausted and my feet start to get tired as well. Also I barely ever hungry anymore... I'm 18 years old so this is very unusual for a teen... Hopefully my period comes soon.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by planbuser1000:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This pill works! Don't read these reviews 24 hrs a day like I did. I was so scared and worried myself sick but it works. I was on birth control but didn't take it at the same times. (wasn't using as contraception, more to regulate periods). Period ended June 22nd. Incident on night June 24th, took pill June 25th, 5 hrs after incident. Withdrawal bleeding July 1-8. Regular period was supposed to come July 13, I got it one day early on the 12th. So basically two weeks of bleeding in a month. Even after that, it was heavy but I was worried about implantation and all that. But I got my next period August 8th and it is two days early according to my birth control packet, but right on time if I counted 28 day cycle! THIS WORKS. TRUST IT!

August 8, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I'm writing this for people who I know are probably trying to find relief in this reviews, and I did the same thing so I'm gonna offer my experience to help them out. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, I was nervous so she took the Plan B about 26-28 hours and then the terrible waiting began. About day 7 and 8 she started spotting and cramping and then finally, on the 9th day she got her period. So relax, because this pill is very effective.

August 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Angieee:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): You might be looking at this review page to reassure yourself. Well let me just say it worked perfectly well for me. I took this pill after about 2 hours. I took the pill for reassurance for me. We didn't completely full on have unprotected sex. Things just got carried away and he had been inside me for no longer than 1 minute. No ejaculation. No nothing. But of course, me being a paranoid person, I just have to make sure nothing would happen. Took it and noticed that within an hour or so I felt achy and tired. Let me add that this all happened just a couple days before I was expecting my period. Couple days go by and I received my period today! I probably didn't need it but it helped calm my nerves.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by not pregnant! (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): This pill works! Trust it. I took it 34 hours after a condom slip. I experienced tiredness, BLOATING and minor abdominal discomfort, not so much as pain. I started spotting then it completely stopped for two days but nonetheless my period came! three days earlier then I expected and a lot heavier then normal but it came! Trust this pill it is a miracle worker. Take the pill between the 72 hour time frame, relax and hope for the best! 55 dollars is nothing compared to the cost of getting pregnant! Best of luck ladies!

August 4, 2014 8:00 PM