User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Teenager2015:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by ricecakes (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex on October 27 and took the pill 12 hours after because I realized I missed a pill the day before I had sex. I had knee pains right after taking it. I heard that if you are over 175 that the pill may not work (im about 240). 6 days after taking the pill I started having back pains and cramps on that day I also had a situation that made me emotional. Luckily my period came on as scheduled.

November 9, 2014 10:00 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Long story short: It was my first time, the condom broke, and I was terrified. The next day (6 days ago), I bought the pill ($50.00) and took it as soon as I got home (approx. 26 hours after the incident). I had no side effects, which kinda freaked me out more because I thought it wasn't working, but I started bleeding last night, (my period ended 8 days ago) so I'm guessing it worked. I will take a test later to make sure.

October 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Anon87339:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Last month I took a Plan B pill about 12 hours after my accident. And I got my period a week early. I did have bad cramps, but the flow was normal. This month my period is about 8 days late. I have really tender breasts, and I get cramps on and off all day. If I am pregnant it's not because Plan B failed. I read other forums and people were saying that their second period after Plan B was either later or didn't come.

October 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by Mary by:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Make sure you take the pill within 24 hours! I took the pill 1 hour after my mishap. I had small cramps a few days later and a week after taking the pill I spotted for about half a day then a light period started right after.. it lasted only a few days. I usually have light periods anyways. This pill works just try not to stress and take if as soon as possible.

October 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Review by VanessaGeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took this pill after 24 hours of the accident. 5 days later I got what they say is a "Plan B Period" even though I got that I was still stressing think of the what if's, the next month my period was late 7 days late in fact but it eventually came. I am so thankful for this pill. What I learned is don't stress if you take the pill directed you will be fine. The only down side was I got extremely tired

October 16, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by lola la:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I'm so happy Plan B helped me! I took a pill after 30 hours unprotected sex and I had my period in a week.

October 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Katinna:

I admit I was sooo worried! I've only taken Plan B once, back when it was two pills..this time it was one pill and I had to get the generic brand, Take Action, But it WORKS JUST AS GOOD! I did do my research, and I asked the pharmacist was it just as efficient, he assured me it was the same exact pill as Plan B just a few dollars cheaper! I paid 46$ and it was WORTH IT! Im so thankful, I experienced mild cramps and bloating. My period started 5 days after taking Take Action and boy was I happy to see her! Its' a little heavy and my cramps are out of this world! But ladies it Works! Please don't worry yourselves like I did this week!

October 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I've taken it twice and it has worked both times! I had horrible cramps both times, but it is worth it. dont second guess it, if you think you need it buy it. it should work

October 6, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Josho:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Girlfriend and I had sex, condom broke and didn't realize till we finished. She was not on birth control and we were freaking out. She took the pill about 5 hours later, and for the next 2 weeks had some mild symptoms and light bleeding. Confirmed she was not pregnant a few weeks later. Pill does miracles, don't worry about the statistics (just there in case it happens to not work). If you take it before 24 hours, I'd personally say you have a 100% chance of it working.

October 5, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by hma123:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Just wanted to say that this product worked for me. I waited about 24 hours after I had intercourse so I was worried it wouldn't work because it says the sooner the better. I had mild cramps & my breasts were pretty sore, nothing too intense though. My period came this morning, which is just a couple days off from when I usually start so yeah I'm very relieved. Best advice I can give is to try your very best not to get overly stressed, that never helps.

September 30, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by Relieved Couple:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): A little over a week ago the condom broke during sex. So within 20 minutes we went and got the pill and I took it. I have always had an irregular period, meaning I go months sometimes without periods, so I had no idea what stage I was at within my menstrual cycle. After 8 long days of cramps, back pain, tender breasts, and serious mood swings, I got a period! If it worked for me, it will work for you, too. The key is to take it as soon as possible and to remain calm. The more stressed you are, the longer you'll go without a period. And yes, you may have some terrible symptoms. But at the moment, it's better than being pregnant!

September 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by RoccaRochetta:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Hi you all. I have to say if you are worried to take a deep breath because it works however for me the side effects were terrible. Had unprotected sex (condom broke) and he did not come inside me. 6 h later I got paranoid and took Plan B. That was around 1pm. I felt fine the entire day until 9pm where I just started to get diarrhea, nausea, and the feeling of being really tired (my eyes just could not stay focus and wide open). The room was spinning so much I had to sleep on a chair and suck ice cubes. My period was due for another week and a half. The effect lasted for 2-3days (did not go to school). On the 5th day I got my period.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by teeny83:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took plan B years ago when it was 2 pills never had any issues. In March 2011 I took it again and it was only 1 pill, I ended up getting pregnant (he was my miracle baby) I couldn't be happier. I took it again 1 week and starting bleeding very badly on Sat.

September 22, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by terrible emotions:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Plan B definitely helps with not getting pregnant but the emotional level is TERRIBLE. I react super bad to hormones so this has been a nightmare.

September 17, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by Wee:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): So me & a friend got really drunk & we ended up having sex, which I only have flashbacks of. He doesn't remember anything so I chose to tell him we didn't do it because I didn't want him to know he was the one who took my virginity. So I took the pill about 40 hours after, I was extremely scared!! Only thinking the worst. Then 7 long days later, I got my period!!! I had really bad cramping. I wanted to share my story because a lot of yours helped me calm my nerves! Xoxo

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Imnotagirl:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I may not be a female, but trust me, this works! Me and my girlfriend have used this pill at least 2 times already, and we still don't have a baby! The sooner you take it, the higher chance there is of not becoming pregnant. So if you're reading this all worried, then don't be! Just buy the pill, and drink it! It worked for my girlfriend.

September 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Tlp123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Missed a birth control pill on the 9th day of my packet and took Plan B 24 hrs later. The condom split during sex 4 days later and I really panicked and took the morning after pill 14 hours later. I had every pregnancy symptom you could imagine I had myself convinced I was! I'm only 18 and was so scared of what might happen, but my withdrawal bleed came today one day early, although it is lighter than it usually is.. Rest assured this pill really works don't worry yourself sick like I did.

September 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Kay888:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B 10 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and for two days I was nauseous, and I had no appetite, but that passed. A week later, I got my period but it was extremely heavy with blood clots, but I'd rather have a heavy flow than a baby.

September 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by v.rodriguez (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 5 days before I was supposed to get my period. I went to go buy emergency contraception after 48 hours. Some symptoms I experienced were breast pains or tenderness, tiredness, and I did break out. Don't worry I was paranoid too since I took it after 48 hours. I was researching all day if this pill does work. Well it did for me. I did get my period 8 days late. But, I got it.

September 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Vikki-Carmina (taken for less than 1 month):

Let me start off by saying this can happen to anyone. I'm a nurse. On 8/31 my boyfriend's condom broke. He noticed & pulled out right before he ejaculated. Although I didn't think I was pregnant,12 hours later I took the My Choice brand contraceptive. The only side effects I had were achy soreness in my shoulders, little bit of nausea, and exhaustion (but I was up all night worrying if I could become pregnant so I have to factor that in too). Being a RN, I researched the medication, it's side effects, etc. I also purchased Midol & chewable Pepto Bismal---great investment! First sign of a side effect I took the correlating med. Worked like a charm! Today is 9/8, was spotting but it's gotten heavier so it works! I'm 2 weeks early!

September 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by ParanoidasHell:

My Way (levonorgestrel): I'm going to start this off by saying I was that girl who searched up every ache or pain I was having to see if it was a sign of pregnancy. I worried myself sick (I'm only 18 and leaving for my first year of college in a few weeks) I take regular birth control for acne but I wasn't very consistent. I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend and the condom broke, just our luck. Me being paranoid made him run out to the local Pharmacy and buy My Way and I took it within 4 hours of the incident. I had nausea for about a week, I was fatigued, my breasts were extremely sore after about 3 weeks, I had cramping and lower stomach pain. My period was about a week late, but I got it! RELAX. This pill works! Trust me!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate