User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "Had unprotected sex the day after my period ended. Took next choice one step about 2.5 days later. Experienced a little nausea the next day and fatigue. Five days after I took next choice I started heavy bleeding for a day and light spotting for a few more. I am currently 2 days late for my period but I took a test and it was negative. Fingers crossed that I'm just going to get my period late."

A. F. (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Well, like many here I sat here and went through all these reviews at least twice probably more. September 8 was the start of my period then on the 18 I committed the act with the bf. Chance of pregnancy definitely minor but I was paranoid so he purchased the plan b one step. For approximately for 15 days I had light cramps and I do believe I also acquired a UTI. I was also fatigued had headache here and there and also had diarrhea tender breasts And on the 15 day today Mother Nature graced me with aunt flow. I am also way over the weight by at least 10-15 lbs over actually so the weight limit don't even worry about it. But when your period comes prepare yourself for some cramps"

Notsoworriednow (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hey everyone. Okay, so like all of you guys (probably) I have not stopped looking up symptoms and a bunch of other stuff on google. I had sex for the first time on the 10th of August which was the last day of my period and a bunch of other times in that week. All were with a condom but on one instance I heard a pop, he said it didn't break but i wanted to be safe. I took the pill 2 days after (a week after my first time). I felt nothing until a week later when my boobs started to hurt, and my back too. I thought i was pregnant.. then a week later after stress stress stress I got my period. Please stop worrying everybody. I know its scary. trust me. But getting in your own head makes it worse! relax. this works. just calm down!"

Not Pregnant! August 31, 2015

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on day 12 of my cycle. I have two kids. I am 6 months postpartum, and breastfeeding. I am not ready for a third kid, any time soon! I've never used EC, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't take it till 53 hours after.. So I was very paranoid it wasn't going to work. 6 days after taking it, I got my period!! I've never been so happy.. Cramps and all! I had no side effects at all after taking the pill. I also don't think my cramps are worse than normal. I would recommend EC to someone, I wouldn't wait long to take it, but know that it still worked for me even after 48 hours. I'm so grateful! Now time to get back on BC!!"

NotASingleMotherOfThree August 31, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend were having sex and the condom broke, right at the tip (of course). He did not ejaculate yet so we quickly stopped and went straight to the store to get plan b. I knew that I was very close to ovulation so the timing was important. I took the pill within 2 hours. Over the next few days I noticed little to no symptoms. I was tired the first few days, but that could've easily been due to other causes. I was obviously very anxious to get my period. On the 5th night after I took it I noticed some brown discharge. I was a little worried that it was implantation bleeding. When I woke up, I had gotten my period very heavy. Now I can breathe relief! Thank you plan b!"

Anonymous5678543 August 31, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to share my experience because I know reading these reviews helped. I had sex around 2 am the last day of my period. He did come inside me, no condom, and I'm not on birth control... Dumb I know. So the next morning I purchased the one step plan b. I started to bleed again and it lasted for about 4 days. I didn't really experience bad symptoms, however I did get extremely bloated and I did have sore breasts. I started my period 5 days early. I was scared and stressed out of my mind. It did work for me. I hope this situation helps someone out there."

HannahJ August 30, 2015

"So me and my girlfriend had sex early in the morning and the condom broke after I had finished inside her and so we went out and got the pill about an hour after but I think she is in her prime ovulation time and I'm just freaking out because she might have already gotten pregnant before she got the pill if she was ovulating that morning and she's not regular enough to be sure when her ovulation time is."

Freaking (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

"Got cut off on last comment. Anyways the side effects sucked for me but it worked! Mind u I had sex the night before ovulation day and the pill I had was expired and thank god my period came two days early. I wasn't due for two weeks. Calm down ladies if ur freaking out like I did!"

Lou lou k (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Easy instructions, one pill and done. No serious side effects, maybe a little dizzy first hour along with minor headache but went away by hour 2. Minor cramps, nothing like menstrual cramps. Again very very minimal, does not interfere with daily activity... no need for pain killers. Not sure how my menstrual flow will be affected but paying 49.99 for one pill (size of aspirin ) with practically no side effects was a blessing."

Victoria Sophia August 28, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Ladies, please be smart and use BC and condoms! Plan B does not stop a pregnancy if egg fertilization has occurred. I recently took a plan B 24 hours after having sex, but it was too late. Plan B unfortunately didn't work for me. Take immediately if you suspect you might be pregnant (don't wait!)an most importantly use all methods of BC!"

Brit. August 28, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex and we weren't sure if he had finished or not inside of me. So I started freaking out. I'm still young and I defiantly don't want a kid. I'm not on birth control either! (Bad I know!) anyways I took plan b 14 hours after sex and I was so stressed out for days. My period is irregular so I never know when it's suppose to come! And I was reading a bunch of reviews and a lot of girls said they got their period on the 5th day after taking Plan B. I had back pains and mood swings BUT NO PERIOD. On the 5th day after plan B I expected to wake up and see my period... But I didn't. I was so sad/stressed. Later on that day I was at the park and BAM I got my period! It saved my life and I'm so happy I took it."

NCNYW August 27, 2015

Opcicon One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on the 21st of August 2015. I had been tracking my period off of an app on my phone. When I checked to mark "Intimate" for the day I realized that it was my ovulation day. I panicked and told my bf to go get a plan b pill and instead he came back 6 hours later with an opcicon. I had never heard of it I just took it just out of fear of getting pregnant. Immediately I began to feel nauseous, dizzy, a had a HORRIBLE headache that lasted 3 days, cramping, and I wanted to just sleep for 3 days. Well this is day 5 and I feel a lot better now. I am no longer having any side affects however I have become a little more hungry. I won't know if the opcicon worked until I see my period which is due on september 4th."

Anonymous August 26, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on the 9th. I took plan b on the 10th 20 hours later. On the 22nd I got a positive pregnancy test. Same on the 23rd. So here I am. Pregnant. Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones"

pregnant1105 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

"My accident happened on the 18th ( he came in me no condom) I within an hour ran out and got Take Action pill which is generic for plan B . Next day I had some light spotting that was dark Along with cramps and bloat but nothing excruciating. On the 23rd in the am I started bleeding heavy dark blood . Today the 25 th and I am still bleeding heavy , this has to be my period . So for me it came just 5 days after the accident. My last normal period was 8/12-8/16. So two periods in a month . But I'm not pregnant . So just relax and let the pill work. I am 26 , 5'2 and 145#."

Mistakes3221 August 25, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took plan b late July because like everyone, accidents happen.. A couple days later, I started to bleed (first a brown-reddish discharge, then it turned like a period) for a couple of days. It worried me because my period wasn't supposed to come until two weeks.. After the two weeks come, I missed my regular period.. I took about 4-5 pregnancy test, ALL negative. I began feeling my breasts become very heavy and I started to cramp and sure enough, I thought I was pregnant. I began a parsley regime to try to induce my period, but it did not work. I recounted the days I'm supposed to have my period, starting with the first time I bled, and my period came right on time after that! Overall it works, you just need to be patient!"

NOT pregnant college student (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Okay so let me tell you all about my journey with Plan B One-Step. I had unprotected sex. I don't know for sure if my boyfriend had ***** inside me or not so I took the pill. And so I took the pill 30 mins after. I got my period a day early. Yes it does work if you think it earlier but be aware I had a very bad mood swings I was angry or allot. And had very bad stomach and head pains that I thought I might die at any second. I'm not trying to scare anybody away from the drug I'm just warning people. The reason why I don't give a 10 stars is because of the pain and discomfort I was in . But I did work."

Dhhvfgjjb August 24, 2015

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I know it's hard not freaking out, but guys try to calm down and wait for the effect of the pill. On august 6th my condom broke and I came inside my girl without notice it. After the accident in an hour and a half she took the pill (Aftera), and all we could do was waiting. It were the longest days of my life because we just meet, and also she has a very irregular periods, not having even menstrual cycle over the last three months. However, after ten days and some moderate side effects she got her period. That really relieved me, and I am pretty sure the pill worked its job. I found this site during my anxious time, and reading these reviews helped me not to get out of my mind. Always use condom!"

Guest123 August 24, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on the 9th of August.Took plan b on the 10th 20 hours later. Yesterday, 12 days later, I got a positive pregnancy test. I've used plan b a few times in my life. I'm in my late 20s. I've never had a problem with it working. Guess I'm in that unlucky 5% "

pregnant1105 August 23, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Okay great so I'm not pregnant, but wow my head is pounding and my stomach is all over the place. I have never experienced cramps this horrible. This sucks but I guess it's better than a baby."

AliCat51 August 21, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Condom had a hole in it maybe got some sperm inside the vag and wasn't sure. Gave my gf plan b she took it about an hour after. She had no side effects the first few days and we both got really scared. Then about 4 days later she got some cramping but no period. The cramping stopped and we became really afraid she wasn't gonna get her period. But all the sudden about 6 days later without no sign she got it. The period was really rough and painful but overall worth it cause she wasn't pregnant. Take this pill asap if you think you need to and it should work. It really is a lifesaver"

Andre678K August 20, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm 22 years old and I took a generic version of this pill on 08/10, about 12 hours after we had unprotected sex. It's now been 9 days since I took the pill and voila my period came a week earlier than scheduled. Yay! My period came different somewhat lighter and no cramping. HOWEVER, this pill gave me an absolute nightmare I had a TERRIBLE migrane with nausea for 2 days I almost drove myself to the hospital!! Also I had mild cramping on and off before I got my period. Ladies this pill works if used correctly don't have sex right after and expect for it to work that's why it's called the MORNING AFTER PILL! P.S. I am 150 lbs and 5 feet tall and still worked for me. :)"

Girrrrl (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took this pill at the end of April, and went through an emotional rollercoaster. Me and my boyfriend always have unprotected sex (dumb right?) well, I got a very heavy, emotional and painful period about 10 days late. I recently took this pill, about 24 hours after sex. It was a week before my expected period, I recieved my period (I hope) 3 days late. It wasn't like my normal period but it was bleeding, so I'm happy. I've had really bad frequent urination so I have no idea what's causing that. I've experienced nausea and dizziness. Still worried, I'm going to take a few more pregnancy tests. But it seems like it's worked! Fingers crossed! I'm only 17!"

Angel12345678910 August 20, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm just going to share my experience to help out the girls going through the same issue I did. On August 3rd 2015 my boyfriend and I was having sex when he pulled out we found out the condom had broke. He flipped out I did as well. I took a shower went to store. I took plan b a hour and half after the incident with food and water. I had no side effects. Two weeks had past and I was freaking out worried haven't gotten my period took pregnancy tests all negative. Then August 17th my period arrived it was the best moment ever. Also got blood work done to verify I wasn't---all negative. I now can go to college with a piece of mind. Let me say this to all the girls out in the world dealing with this it worked for me so don't worry!"

M40 August 18, 2015

"Just thought I'd share since it made me more comfortable reading other people's experiences before trying this pill! Last period was august 3rd and had sex and the condom broke the day that period ended. I couldn't make myself buy the pill the night of because I was freaked out reading all the possible side effects! Woke up the next morning very paranoid so I went and bought the pill! First day no side effects, next couple of days just cramps and backaches, next couple of days nausea at random times of the day (but it goes away after a while), and about a week after taking the pill I got my period! So two periods in a two week span, but I'll take it! Ladies, just take the pill. The side effects are minimal!!! Be relieved!!"

relieved!!!(and not pregnant) August 16, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So I had sex with a condom but it broke we stopped immediately n panicked becuz, well it broke but he didnt come. So just to be safe we got Plan B n took it literally 30 mins after. Mind you I was also ovulating. After a few days about 3 days later I got what I think was a light period but I couldn't tell - there was blood for 3 days. Then after that I constantly felt nauseous and emotional sometimes a bit dizzy but that could have been do to stress and me working out as well. But I took 2 pregnancy test at 2 different times becuz I haven't gotten my period yet but! Both test came out negative and I myself am known to miss my period alot because of how stressed I can. Sooo besides the side effects I think it works and I am also overweight."

Anonymous August 16, 2015