User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Deliciousjello:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by NotReady:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by fashionlover36 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I took this Pill in September after a condom slipped. I got my period on time. I then had to take it two times in October after two mishaps. I bled the week after I took the pills. I never got my period on my exact due date. I got it at the end of November. So girls if your worried you might not get it you will. Just take it on time and right away. I am now going to to get put on the Pill and make sure I have a condom when I have sex. It was a lot of money but worth it. You don't know how happy I was to see my period.

December 3, 2014 5:17 PM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): It did not work.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by AceR11:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex one night realizing the next day that a condom was not in the picture. After light freaking out I went to buy the Plan B pill. I've taken it once before almost 3 years ago before it was on the shelf. When I took it this time I had some very noticeable side effects. Cramping, stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite but I would go through all of it again if it meant no kids. This pill works and I would recommend it to anyone

November 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by Teenager2015:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Amaccc (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): My girlfriend and I had to use this contraceptive twice. Both times it WORKED! I'm only a teenager so this was very important because I didn't have the money to support a baby nor did she. It was a very grueling month waiting for her period to come but it did. Her period did come about 4 days late. But if you do take it within the time, I had her take it 30 minutes before both times and it should be bound to work.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by Take Action:

My girlfriend took Take Action exactly 48 hours after unprotected sex. She would have most likely been pregnant if it were not for the pill. She was not on birth control. She had almost no side effects and her period seemed like it would never come. Finally her period came about a month after she took the pill. I believe that the pill reset her cycle, even though it says it will only delay it 1-2 weeks. The pill does work. (My girlfriend is 16, 125 lbs).

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by Demi167178:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): The incident happened 5 days ago. I was really nervous and paranoid of what to expect since it was my first time. 13 hours later, I took the pill and took a nap. I woke up with tender breasts, sharp abdominal cramps, body aches all over, fatigue, and I was nauseated. This lasted for 2 days but it was a week of emotions and mood swings. Nothing that I could not handle though. I was not due for another week, however, I woke up with my period today. I was very relieved and I'm thankful to take immediate action. I would not recommend taking it all over again but in inevitable situations, this really helped.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by ricecakes (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex on October 27 and took the pill 12 hours after because I realized I missed a pill the day before I had sex. I had knee pains right after taking it. I heard that if you are over 175 that the pill may not work (im about 240). 6 days after taking the pill I started having back pains and cramps on that day I also had a situation that made me emotional. Luckily my period came on as scheduled.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 10:00 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Long story short: It was my first time, the condom broke, and I was terrified. The next day (6 days ago), I bought the pill ($50.00) and took it as soon as I got home (approx. 26 hours after the incident). I had no side effects, which kinda freaked me out more because I thought it wasn't working, but I started bleeding last night, (my period ended 8 days ago) so I'm guessing it worked. I will take a test later to make sure.

October 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Anon87339:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Last month I took a Plan B pill about 12 hours after my accident. And I got my period a week early. I did have bad cramps, but the flow was normal. This month my period is about 8 days late. I have really tender breasts, and I get cramps on and off all day. If I am pregnant it's not because Plan B failed. I read other forums and people were saying that their second period after Plan B was either later or didn't come.

October 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by Mary by:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Make sure you take the pill within 24 hours! I took the pill 1 hour after my mishap. I had small cramps a few days later and a week after taking the pill I spotted for about half a day then a light period started right after.. it lasted only a few days. I usually have light periods anyways. This pill works just try not to stress and take if as soon as possible.

October 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Review by sweetbiella:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): The $46 spent on the pill was worth it! My boyfriend and I had sex a day or two after my period ended. Condom broke. Took Plan B within 45 minutes. From what I've read, the sooner you take it the better. 6 days later I get a period again, it was light and lasted all day. The next two days it was brown discharge and that was that. I missed my regular period date weeks later and started freaking out. I even had a dream my boyfriend and I having a baby. Way to add on to my stress. I bought four pregnancy tests from dollar tree. I tested two and they were both negative. Finally I got my period a week late and I'm here writing to let you know it does work. Don't freak out but I'm sure you still will. It's okay!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 10:54 PM

Review by VanessaGeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took this pill after 24 hours of the accident. 5 days later I got what they say is a "Plan B Period" even though I got that I was still stressing think of the what if's, the next month my period was late 7 days late in fact but it eventually came. I am so thankful for this pill. What I learned is don't stress if you take the pill directed you will be fine. The only down side was I got extremely tired

October 16, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by lola la:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I'm so happy Plan B helped me! I took a pill after 30 hours unprotected sex and I had my period in a week.

October 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Katinna:

I admit I was sooo worried! I've only taken Plan B once, back when it was two pills..this time it was one pill and I had to get the generic brand, Take Action, But it WORKS JUST AS GOOD! I did do my research, and I asked the pharmacist was it just as efficient, he assured me it was the same exact pill as Plan B just a few dollars cheaper! I paid 46$ and it was WORTH IT! Im so thankful, I experienced mild cramps and bloating. My period started 5 days after taking Take Action and boy was I happy to see her! Its' a little heavy and my cramps are out of this world! But ladies it Works! Please don't worry yourselves like I did this week!

October 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I've taken it twice and it has worked both times! I had horrible cramps both times, but it is worth it. dont second guess it, if you think you need it buy it. it should work

October 6, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Josho:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Girlfriend and I had sex, condom broke and didn't realize till we finished. She was not on birth control and we were freaking out. She took the pill about 5 hours later, and for the next 2 weeks had some mild symptoms and light bleeding. Confirmed she was not pregnant a few weeks later. Pill does miracles, don't worry about the statistics (just there in case it happens to not work). If you take it before 24 hours, I'd personally say you have a 100% chance of it working.

October 5, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by hma123:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Just wanted to say that this product worked for me. I waited about 24 hours after I had intercourse so I was worried it wouldn't work because it says the sooner the better. I had mild cramps & my breasts were pretty sore, nothing too intense though. My period came this morning, which is just a couple days off from when I usually start so yeah I'm very relieved. Best advice I can give is to try your very best not to get overly stressed, that never helps.

September 30, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by Relieved Couple:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): A little over a week ago the condom broke during sex. So within 20 minutes we went and got the pill and I took it. I have always had an irregular period, meaning I go months sometimes without periods, so I had no idea what stage I was at within my menstrual cycle. After 8 long days of cramps, back pain, tender breasts, and serious mood swings, I got a period! If it worked for me, it will work for you, too. The key is to take it as soon as possible and to remain calm. The more stressed you are, the longer you'll go without a period. And yes, you may have some terrible symptoms. But at the moment, it's better than being pregnant!

September 25, 2014 11:43 AM