User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Review Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Plan B is awesome! I really works, i was freaking out and looking for reviews just like some of you now because, i was on my most fertile days when i had unprotected sex, and i took plan b just two hours later and it worked!!! i got my period the next week after that. *If you have not purchased plan b yet and are unsure go on the website for $10 off coupon before you get it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Took Plan B 14 hrs after unprotected sex & the 3rd day of just starting birth control pill (suppose to use a backup method the 1st week). Right after I took it I felt a little nauseous, but it wasn't unbearable. My period wasn't due for another 3 weeks (took birth control regularly leading up). Kept getting abdomen pain & I was very tired on random days throughout the 3 weeks. Thankfully got my period the day I was expecting to! So thankful there is a pill for when mistakes are made!"

thankful101 May 24, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Just purchased this today after having unprotected sex last night. I'm praying it works and I'm not pregnant."

Nickip26 May 23, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I'm 17 and my boyfriends condom broke during sex like most. Being my age a child is not something we need right now. I was very panicked and immediately got the pill. After reading many reviews on it I took it about 4 hours after the mishap. The only side effect I had was tender breasts. I got my period on my exact due date! This pill works! I promise you. Don't worry it will be okay !"

IT WORKED May 23, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the plan b pill the morning after. Was my first time taking it. I was ovulating. We didn't use a condom but he pulled out. First day, I was a little tired at the end of the day. Second day, a little diarrhea. Nothing more until now it's day 6 and I've started cramping and my near my right ovary is hurting a little. Nothing bad. I can't say it worked just yet but I can say that I didn't have any drastic symptoms. The symptoms you have depend on how your body reacts to the high dosage of hormone. I'm sure it also has to do with if the pill actually had anything to flush out of your body or not."

D... May 23, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the plan b one step pill 45 minutes after unprotected sex. I got the plan b bleeding 3 days later And it lasted 4/5 days. I waited 2 weeks and I finally got my period, it came a little early but it worked."

Jeyh May 23, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "The incident happened March 31st, the condom broke and I panicked because I was in the fertile stage of my cycle. I took the morning after pill within 24hours (two doses because the first didn't stay down) and 6 days later I had a period which was about a week earlier than expected. I had a blood test to check for pregnancy hormones and took at least 10 home pregnancy tests. All the tests turned up negative but I was still worried, especially when I didn't get my period when I expected it. My period was 4-6 days late but seemed normal (a little longer, lasting almost 5 days instead of my normal 3 days) and came 6 weeks after the last one. The pill worked for me even though I'm overweight. I also had almost every symptom the pill suggested."

dontworryaboutit May 23, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with a friend of mine while we were both very high and not thinking at all unfortunately his condom broke. We were both freaking out and then he was telling me about this Plan B pill and saying everything was going to be alright. It was 3am at the time so we had to wait until the next day to get it. We are also seniors in high school so this was bad. I took the pill 11 hours later and it's been 19 days and I haven't experienced anything from it, no side effects. I don't know if that's good or bad and I also haven't started my period yet. I pray to God that this works."

Someone stupid... May 23, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My partner and I were having sex when the condom accidently broke! It was the 14th day of my cycle, so I was fertile. As you can imagine, I was terrified. I took the pill 13 hours later. I was worried that it wasn't taken soon enough. But if you take it within 24 hrs, you'll be fine. I experienced lots of cramping and mood swings for 2 weeks. I seriously thought I was pregnant. I'm not ready for a child and sadly was contemplating abortion. My period came on the day it was expected and I couldn't be happeir to have my period! I'm going on the BC pills so I never have to experience this! Just relax & take this pill ASAP as timing is crucial."

HappyAndThankful87 May 22, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I've taken plan B one step after a mishap during unprotected sex. I took plan B about 1 hour and 45 minutes later and I am pretty positive I was fertile. After taking the pill I received bloating the next day and extreme fatigue. My period is due tomorrow and I would like to know how to make it come faster rather than having to wait and worrying myself even more. any suggestions? I know that since I took the medication so fast it has a high effectiveness level. I just want my period Asap!"

fireball111 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hi all! I just wanted to comment on my experience with Plan B, though different than all experiences out there, I thought it might shed a little light for some of you girls! I had completely unprotected sex one night (no condom, no birth control). A guy I had been seeing came over, next thing I know, we are having sex. I ran downstairs and took my roommates spare Plan B, 10 minutes after the incident. The next day I took another pill, 10 hours after. Its been just over 2 weeks....and YAY, my period has come :) Don't stress ladies, you should be fine!"

catlady18 May 22, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Condom broke, got plan B over the counter no problem. Took it yesterday and so far I've had none of the symptoms whatsoever. So for all of you girls who are sitting there terrified reading this like I was.. Don't be afraid to take it. I've had NONE of the side effects. And its better to be safe than sorry. You'd rather take it and not need it than to look back in a month while you're staring at your positive pregnancy test and wish you had just taken the stupid thing. Hopefully it works :)"

Oops... (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took the pill for the first time ever 18 hours after the mishap happened. I was ovulating and I also experienced no side effects at all from the pill (not even spotting). My period came the exact day it was supposed to. Plan B works!"

Was paranoid, but May 21, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on Sunday at like 4 in the morning and I was freaking out so my boyfriend and I bought Plan B and I've been feeling super nauseous for the past four days now and have been very paranoid but I found this and read all of your comments and stories and it's made me feel so much better. I'm going to keep myself calm and just wait it out."

Anonymous May 20, 2015

"So my fiance and I had unprotected sex on May 6. We weren't scared or had any problems with having a baby. But since we are both still in college we decided that maybe it's not the right time to have one. So later on in the same day, we bought the generic brand of plan b. It was about 40 bucks. I read the symptoms and then took the pill. At that time it was about 5 hours after we had sex. Shortly after I started to have mild cramps for a few minutes but it went away. For a few days my breast became sore, it lasted for a little more than a week. Exactly a week after taking the pill I spotted blood, it was part of the side effects so I didn't worry. Its now May 20th, I got my period a week early. It really works!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "About two weeks ago I was completely drunk with one of my good friends and things escalated quickly. I woke up the next morning and panicked and had my friend rush to the store to get the pill. I took it with in 7 hours of unprotected sex. For the first two days I was so dizzy I had to lay down for a while and I felt nauseous. Then for about a week I had almost a kind of ovulation pain and I thought I was for sure pregnant. The whole time I had severe breast pain it was very very annoying, but then about two weeks after taking the pill I started a day early and I am very relieved. This pill works wonders don't worry, relax, it will do its job!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "1st experience: On September 2, 2014 got my period and it ended on the 5th, had intercourse on the 12th ( the condom slipped off) went to get plan B at Target about 2 hours later. I started spotting the very next day [13th] , however, I only spotted on the 13th and didn't get my period until the 12th of October. Plan B tends to mess with your cycle so I didn't get my period again until the 8th of December. 2nd Experience: got my period on April 17, 2015, had intercourse the 12th of May (condom broke ) I got plan B about 30 minutes later, however, I didn't spot the next day like I did the first time when I took plan B on September 2014. I was supposed to get my period May 15 th, but I finally got it today [May 20th]. Don't worry it works!"

shaeleigh08 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

"To who ever is reading this freaking out like I did, just take a moment and breath. This pill really works. Me and my boyfriend are sexually active and I'm currently 17. We had the usual situation of the condom breaking so I told him to go get the pill. I didn't experience a lot of side affects, just really bad dizziness and slight cramping. I lost my appetite due to stress, which ladies don't stress because that is the worst thing to do. About a week after taking the pill I started my period, a day early. I'm honestly so relieved. I couldn't have a child at my age."

Kam21 May 19, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I am writing this in hopes that I will help some girl out there who is as naive as I was when I blindly decided to take these emergency contraceptive pills. Let me start off by admitting to my very first mistake, which was sex without a condom. Even though my boyfriend didn't cum inside of me, I still was afraid of becoming pregnant since I have read numerous stories about women getting pregnant on the pull out method. Anyways, let's get straight to the story... So, I ended up taking the morning after pill every time we would have sex without condoms. To make a long story short, I ended up taking 4 pills in a time period of 3 months. (Stupid, I know!) I took these pills and thought nothing of it. Until, I started feeling the symptoms that come with it: I was depressed (crying over anything), sleeping 18 hours a day, lost appetite, bloating, my breasts were tender and tingling, frequent urination, nausea, dizziness, wild vivid dreams, etc... I actually thought I was pregnant because it gives you EVERY symptom of pregnancy. After noticing all these symptoms, I decided to stop using these pills and to remind myself to buy condoms. I haven't taken another pill for 3 months, and all I can say is ITS NOT OVER!!! Three months later, I am still haunted by the long term side effects of the pill. I gained 10 pounds from the pill! I've always been skinny and muscular; it's gone! I have a gut and a muffin top for the first time in my life! Had to get new jeans in a bigger size because I could no longer fit in them. My breasts grew a whole cup size bigger and had to get a brand new bra wardrobe. My physical body was ruined by these pills!! :( BUT THATS NOT ALL!! The pill had given me a yeast infection, which was then followed by a urinary tract infection, and the urinary tract infection eventually caused Bacterial vaginosis, in which 3 months later, I am still dealing with!!! I WAS NEVER THE SAME! Please stay away from this pill! Use condoms or some other type of birth control. This will ruin your life in every aspect: mental, emotional, physical, internal... Please take my advice and avoid this as much possible. If it's a true emergency, go and take it, but don't be stupid like me! Be proactive when it comes to sex! This pill isn't something to fool around with!"

Jennygrl89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "It happens. During my fertile time with ZERO contraceptives. Took Plan B 43 hours later. Got my period 7 days later for 5 days, then again 9 days later. But hey, I'm not pregnant! It works. No side effects for me other than a light headache 1 hour after taking the pill that lasted a few hours."

nomoretakingchances (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): "I took next choice within 24 hours of unprotected sex. I have a 2 year old already and I am not financially able to have another child right now. After taking it I felt fine, but 4 or 5 hours later I was so sleepy. I dozed off all evening and went to bed early that night. It's been about 3 weeks since I've taken it and I've been miserable! I've had stomach pains, nausea, and dizziness. 3 days afterwards I was having chest pains. I started my period today and although its really light, I feel horrible. I'm nauseated and my stomach is cramping something awful. It also feels like I'm having vertigo. I recommend staying away from this pill. Because even though it is exremely affective, I want to feel normal again"

CeoR (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I just wanted to say how blessed and happy I feel right now, I was ovulating and the condom broke and the next day I went and got Plan B One Step. Now let me just say, I'm a high school student and the whole wait time that I had to wait to get my period (2 weeks) made me feel miserably but let me tell you it really does work. I took plan b in the beginning of May and my period was due the end of May (I just got it today) but I've never been so sick from such a medication but let me tell you, it was all worth it, these reviews saved my entire life and helped me and I could not be more thankful right now, so if right now your stressing out and you're hoping it works just know that it does, I wish you all the absolute best!!!"

Shannalove247 May 15, 2015

"I've had sex on May 10 around 2-3 in the morning we found out the condom broke after we was finished. It's been 3 days since I took the pill around 11/11:30 pm that's same day. I'm scared and nervous because my period just went off May 3, and I believe I'm ovulation started the day I had sex. Right now I'm experiencing some sickness and a little bit of stomach pain. I feel like I gotta go poop. I feel sick and I'm tired. I haven't seen any reviews on My Way and I need help because I'm crying and don't know if it's going to work. I'm praying it does because I'm not ready for a child right now although I'd be graduated from college but still continue going. Some one help me?? My friend told me to calm down - it will work."

My way May 14, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took this pill within 24 hours after me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. It was during my fertile days. I received light bleeding within a week. And two weeks later, I got my actual period. The waiting was crucial!! I experienced bloating, dizziness, and extreme fatigue. Don't stress over it, that could delay your period. Thank God my boyfriend was extremely supportive!!"

Anonymous May 13, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had a "heat of the moment " incident on May 4th, I took Plan B the following day, less than 24 hours later. I started my period two weeks early, a week after taking the pill. I have had migraines, nausea, lower back pains, and diarrhea, but at least it worked."

notpreggo May 13, 2015