Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by after pill works:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by Mazamz:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by Oooppps:

After having sex for the first time and not using a condom, I picked up Take Action 2 hours after and ladies it definitely works! I was super stressing out because I was 2 days late but it's better than being pregnant. But I'm having the worst cramps ever and extreme nausea to the point were I have no appetite. Nonetheless, it's a life saver!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 2:17 AM

Review by JasmineK:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel): My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by UniversityStudent:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by At ease:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Loreylol:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Review by .plan.b.:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I have taken plan B twice and both times I have been an emotional wreck. My PMS was intensified. Crying for no reason and irritability. My period was also out of whack for a couple of months after. Besides that, no other effects.

January 7, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): I had no side affects at all, and It really did it's job. I got my period one day early and am so happy to see it. I had a mishap about a week ago and rushed to the store to buy this I took it approx. 3 hours afterwards. Works great best money spent.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 5:59 PM

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Review by LaurelAS:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Worked well for me! My period has pretty much always been regular and I've always kept track so I know what's going on. Last month, the first day was the 3rd, condom broke on the 16th. Perfect timing for ovulation! Took Plan B about 20 hours later on the 17th. From what I read online I was expecting all sorts of side effects but I guess I got lucky. I had some breast tenderness for about two days, that was it. Got my period today, the 2nd. Considering my fertility record of 100%, (we tried to get pregnant three times at the exact same time in my cycle and did each time), I would say the pill really does work! And a very big thank you to the makers!

January 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Me and my partner had a minor slip up, both scared of having a baby (they're pretty expensive). I went to get a Plan B about 28 hours after the incident, scared it didn't work because I had no immediate side effects. Safe to say about 4 days after taking the pill I had some off and on cramps for about a day. On the 5th day I started bleeding for about 3-4 days. So that $46 I spent was well worth it! It works.

December 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Rbunny (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): Took this 12 hours after incident. It was the last day of my period. My period was a week late but it was my own fault for stressing so much. I literally couldn't eat and it was thanks giving when I was due. Few days later my period came and all its cramps and hot flashes and glory. I never had been so happy to get it. My biggest advise is to stay calm. Reading these helped me so I'm trying to pay back the kind words of relief I read when I was in pieces. Stay calm. It works.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by Shailene:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had a condom slip, we both panicked. I am no longer on birth control so there was a problem! I took Plan B about 22 hours after the incident. I only got minor side cramps and back aches. It was a long wait but after 6 days I got my period! And I am over the "weight limit" that people say it won't work because of. But it does! I am writing this for all of you scared thinking this pill doesn't work, don't sweat it. Relax, it really is magic

December 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by Sara67:

Plan B (levonorgestrel): After being on birth control for 4 months and never missing a pill, the night I had sex for the first time I had forgotten to take my pill that day. After having sex, we realized the condom had broke and I tried not to freak out. The next morning I went to the pharmacy and bought Plan B about 10 hours later. I took it and it was the worst month of waiting for my period to come because I had just gotten off my period when I had sex. It took forever but 3 weeks later it finally came 1 day early and I am so relieved!!! Plan B is the best 50 dollars I've ever spent.

December 17, 2014 9:12 PM

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): I took the pill 1 hour after the condom broke.. I was extremely worried because I had just ovulated and I had read it might be less likely to work, but it did. No major side effects other than I was very very tired a few hours after I took it.

December 17, 2014 8:59 PM

Review by VeryRelievedBoyfriend (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): My girlfriend took this about an hour after sex (Condom Broke), but it was during her time of ovulation (the 14th day of the cycle). So as I'm sure a bunch of you are freaking out about what others say about it on the internet, but it does work. She was very moody and experienced some cramps the day before she got it. She got her period about 3 days early (yesterday) and we couldn't have been more relieved. I asked a lot of people about the pill and they told me that I shouldn't worry, but I did. And in the end I shouldn't have stressed out about it. So I'm so happy about the effectiveness of this pill and the fact that she is not pregnant.

December 12, 2014 10:39 AM

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): This is for those girls that are freaking out right now like I did and the only thing that will calm them down is to read these reviews, you are not alone. I'm 22 and just got into nursing school and CANNOT get pregnant. It turned into a night of freaking out and me crying because the condom broke. We had sex around 1:00am and by around 10:00am my boyfriend and I went to the store to get the Plan B pill. We had sex two days after my period was over so I had a month of worrying if I was pregnant or not. It was the worst month of my life. I thought the pill wasn't working because I had no symptoms BUT my period came ON TIME! I'm not pregnant! Hope this helps. The pill works ladies try not to worry.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by Deliciousjello:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Kayla122:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had a incident on 11/26/14, so that same morning 11/27 I went and got a Plan B, that same day symptoms kicked in hard headache, Severe nausea and cramps and its still going on because today I started bleeding 12/5 and my period always come at the end of the month. I guess this is just confirmation that the pill work and I will still get my period around the end of December.

December 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NotReady:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM