User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Listen this may put some minds at ease but if there is anything I have learned.. It's use condoms and get on the goddam pill as backup. Anyway I had to share my experience with "Aftera" which I guess is basically the same as plan B one step. I had sex June 12 with my partner. He pulled out but I started freaking out when I looked at my period tracker and realized that day was my most fertile day. Within 2 hours I went to the store... All the had was Aftera so I bought that. The next 2 weeks I had pregnancy symptoms. Nausea , head/back aches.. Fatigue, weight gain, cramps, and very TEnder boo sand nipples. I was nervous it wouldn't work since I am 340lbs. Severely over the weight limit.. But I finally got my period 3 days late. good luck all"

Smc76 July 30, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Horrible i will never take it again my stomach hurt so bad for like a week i felt super bloated and my back hurt don't recommend this pill "

Psblue July 30, 2015

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): "I had intercourse with my hubby if 10 years and we have 3 children already, 2 of which were from a previous relationship and one of our own. We did not want anymore children at this point in our lives. We had sex at 3-4 a.m. , at. 10 a.m I was already at the pharmacy picking up Next Choice and took it in the car with a bottle of water. 4 days later it happend again so again within hours I took the Next Choice.Upon googling wgat happens if you take 2 within a months cycle, it looked like everything was okay.when I took the pills I did not have bleeding at either time,it wasnt till about a week later my boobs got sore and i had back and leg pain and pinching like cramps.I thought a heavy period was coming but it didnt and Im pregnant......."

Now what? (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

"So I took this after a panic attack over pre ejaculate and I was in tears purchasing this. Being 16 I felt horrible and terrified. I took this pill between 50-70 hours after. I am irregular and I took this after ovulation. The odds seemed out of my favor. I've never had hormones before, this makes a difference. I am SO happy to be giving this a positive review. My cramps, digestion, nausea, headaches, fatigue, mood swings, and other pregnancy symptoms made me terrified and ruined a good week for me. However, I got my period 2 days late. It was so heavy and lasted forever. But I would choose this option over pregnancy ANY day. DO NOT WORRY!!!!"

Anonymous July 28, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Well I me and my girlfriend we're going at it and I'm 18. I said I was about to you know and she said just do it so I did haha. It sounded like a good plan at the time but as soon as it happened I freaked out. As we ran to the store an hour after it happened she took the pill and the next day she wasn't feeling to good and it's been about a week now, and she started her period today. I'm so relieved. But it works and don't stress out like I did."

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Ladies, first and foremost stop freaking out. I too was panicking like crazy until I got on here and read most of these reviews. So I had unprotected sex late one night during the time I should be ovulating. I took the pill about 55 hours after the fact and didn't experience any side effects except my face breaking out bad from the huge dosage of hormones and received my period a week later (one week earlier than I normally would've gotten it). I've never been so happy to get my period. Just take it within the 72 hours and don't stress, let it do its thing."

queen of bad decisions (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "IT WORKS LADIES!!! Soooo I just started dating this Guy finally after talking for 6 months.. Had sex on my ovulation day. Took pill roughly 40 afterwards. Then had sex the following week and he came inside me so panicking again took the pill 23 hours later. First time didn't feel any side effects but tiredness. The second time my boobs were tender, my back aches, I cramped really bad, and had headaches. Lol it's funny that as soon as I was about to take a pregnancy test, I went to the bathroom and saw RED! I took it still but it was negative obviously. Period was two days early but I'm just glad it came on today!"

A. Kay July 25, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Please don't judge this post..I'm here to share my experience with Plan B and provide some hope for others in the same situation I was in. I stupidly had unprotected sex more than once in a several week time span. I took Plan B twice within a few weeks of each other. Up until then I had pretty normal periods and no major issues..After the second time I took it I had insane cramps, back aches, sore breasts, you name it.. I was convinced I was pregnant but all tests were negative. I just got my period..exactly 8 weeks after my last one. So taking Plan B, especially more than once, really messes up your cycle and the added stress of thinking you may be pregnant doesn't help either. I'm also well over the "weight limit" and it still worked."

Just sharing my experience! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hi im 16 and on the 6th of July me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex..the next day within 24 hours I went to cvs and bought it. I had to wait 3 weeks till my next period and it came on time! I didnt't have any side effects except a headache. This really works!"

Bubblessss July 20, 2015

"Please read leaflet before taking.... So I took the emergency contraceptive probably a day after my husband and I had unprotected sex and there was no signs at first then I got really bloated and had slight cramping so I'm thinking my period is around the corner so it worked ... At first I thought it didn't because my period came late but when at when it did come I wish I was pregnant .The worse period cramps at night and vomiting and this never happened to me, I was on the toilet for hours. I personally say please use a condom or so type of birth control because it screwed me up"

maraiah2112 July 20, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hello I just wanted to share my experience to calm the minds of every girl on here. So I have now had to take plan b twice, first time the condom broke, he finished inside so I took the pill one hour after and had little side effects. My period came right on time. Second time the condom broke but he pulled out long before he finished. I took the pill a few hours later. I had cramping, nausea, acne flare ups, and lots of stress. I missed my period and around that time my breasts became sore. I was very nervous. I took a preg. test and it was negative. But two and a half weeks later it came like I truck and now I am bleeding heavily and cramping a ton!! So ladies please just try to relax and let the pill do its job. Thank you plan b!!"

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Well after just ending my period on June 30th, I had unprotected sex with an old flame multiple times the night of July 3rd into the morning of July 4th. I didn't take the plan B until the night of July 5th. Today is July 19th and I got my period of early!!!! I didn't think it would work because I'm 6ft tall and over 200lbs and I only to one pill (after being told by friends I should take 2 because I'm over the suggested weight) I could only afford 1at the time. Thank God it works!!! Although the sex was good it wasn't good enough for me to have his baby. Lol!!! It's works girls just relax!!!!"

DariB July 19, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "We used plan b within 12 hours of the incident. I'm now pregnant."

Jenny12345smith July 19, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I love Plan B... this is my second time taking it since 3 years ago and it really works me and the hubby don't want any kids at all and i can't be on birth control because my body cant tolarate it so we have to use protection and on wednesday 17 on my last day of my period the condom broke and we both panic and 30 mins later i took the plan B i was anxious because i had to wait a month untill my next period and one month later it came right on time and we are so happy!!!"

Dez? so what!!!!! July 18, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex the day before my period and the condom broke. We immediately went to purchase the emergency contraception. The next day I went to Planned Parenthood to see if I should also purchase Ella. The doctor told me since I was a little above the weight for Plan B, I should take Ella also as a backup. The symptoms I received was Nausea, Fatigue, Excruciating Headaches.. And about a week or so after taking the pills, I received a horrible case of a yeast infection. Causing me to go running back to Planned Parenthood to get a prescription for Yet another pill. 3 weeks after taking Plan B, my cycle had finally came (4 days earlier than usual) and it was extremely light. The next week (today), to be safe, I took 2 ClearBlue Plus pregnancy test and they were both Negative!!!!!!!"

It works July 17, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "A friend and i had a mishap with a condom : i checked ovulation calendars (even though they aren't reliable information)they indicated i was in the fw..past ovulation. Maybe. We bought plan b, and i took it 8pm the day after. All the symptoms began the following day. Nausea, with waves of panic after reading it might not be effective on women over bmi, which i found news those studies are not conclusive. No proof. More freaking out because of timing. I may of already ovulated. Well, my period was on time but did not have usual symptoms. I had pregnancy symptoms as pms and plan b like to mimic. He flaked out prior to so I'm glad. Im 38, bmi is high, i already ovulated am sure and time frame was 24hrs later after deed. It worked for me."

Iallfree (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My last period was june 18th and my periods are like clockwork, always 28 days. On July 4th at around 1am I lost my virginity to my bf and he came inside me, full load. At around 3pm I took plan B. My period app predicts my ovulation at around July 2nd but I was not about to risk getting pregnant. I had no symptoms other than being a little tired. Fast forward to July 08, had unprotected sex again but this time he pulled out. Took plan B again 3 hours later. Had crazy symptoms this time, cramping, light headache, nausea, tender breast, fatigue, bloating and was freaking out. My period came today, right on time. I am going to start reg BC pills now. Took plan b twice and it didn't affect my cycle, maybe because I had already ovulated IDC."

NEDB July 17, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Girls! I am here to share my experience to ease some of you out of freaking out! I have severe anxiety and panic disorder so imagine what a mess I was thinking I was pregnant - I did not get pregnant! Here we go: I am a 20 year old girl who would've been paralyzed if she found out she was pregnant. I would've had to get an abortion, which is not what I want, but neither is having a kid right now. Long story short: had unprotected sex, got scared. Took plan B 16 hours later. I was mortified with the waiting. I ended up getting my period 5 days late (I was expecting weeks late) but it is here (and heavy). Girls, you will be okay. I promise you this works. I've used it about 5 times now (within 5 years). It works! Just try to keep calm. "

YouWillBeOkay (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "i had sex with this guy and we used protection. And all of a sudden he asked me if I was on bc and I was like no why and I turned around and saw that he had taken the condom off and was like wtf put it back on. So after to be safe I took a plan b. And a couple days after I got my period wary but it was really light and short. And then three weeks after I started feeling extremely nauseous and just started freaking out and reading a bunch of early pregnancy facts. And I ended up taking an early test and it said negative. Then a week later I took another test and as I was taking the test I got my period. Ps everyone at work was feeling the same was I was that weekend there was just something spreading around so I freaked out for nothing."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "This pill saved my life. My boyfriend and I had protected sex one night and the condom broke. We were absoletley mortified due to the fact we are really young and still in high school. He went out and got the pill and I took it 9 hours after sex. I experienced mild symptoms and felt a little nauseous for 3 days. I was really worried about the pill not working even though the chances of it not was really low. About a week and a half later I experienced really bad cramps and I got my period!! It came 2 weeks early but one of the side effects is messing up your cycle. I just want to tell everyone that everything will be okay and worrying and stressing doesn't help. My hair started thinning because I was stressing so much. Good luck!!"

nicolealli July 15, 2015

"I'm gonna put out there that I weigh about 145 pounds and I am Hispanic. I am also 16 and am in no position to be a mother. My boyfriend and I always use condoms. But we did begin once without one and although he never came inside of me there is such thing as pre ejaculation. So we just took precautions! So I took the pill less than 2 days later! I will mention that I was suppose to receive my period the same day I took the pill so it pushed it back. The only symptoms I got was fatigue, nausea, and a little cramping here and there. After a week of having the pill in my system I got my period. Don't stress. This saved me"

Jennaread July 14, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Listen, this product works! Me and this girl hooked up, and I had a spermicidal condom on, I came inside her with the condom on, and when I pulled out, I saw my cum dripping out of her because the condom broke. I was so scared, and it was, and is the scariest moment of my life. We went to the store 20 minutes after, and got her Plan B. (She was already on Birth Control, but we got Plan B just to be safe.) I checked up on her everyday, asking her if she got any of the side affects. She got Tender Breasts, Mood Swings, Cramps, and couldn't eat much. Weeks passed, and I was worried sick everyday. Well, a month later on the last day of school, she texted me, and she got her period. Just take it ASAP, don't worry, and you'll be fine."

Happy Teen (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend were having sex and the condom broke inside but we didn't notice so when he pulled out, we were scared and so we went to krogers 15 mins later and took the plan b pill. So EXACTLY one week later I got my regular period . So this stuff works. I didn't think it was gonna work but it did... But I took another one the day after too. I don't think I'm supposed to do that ."

Bey1246888 July 12, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took this drug on May 26 following an unprotected incident. He didn't ejaculate inside me, but I took it as a precaution 17 hours later because it happened on day 13 of my cycle. Eek! I didn't experience any side effects until a week later, when I received cramping. Weird cramps under my left and right pelvic bones that burned. I also had severe anxiety and depression and dropped 13lbs. It was a nightmare. I received my period nearly two weeks later, just 2 days early from my projected start date. It was heavy with heavy clots and lasted a day longer than normal. That being said, my following period in July was 9 days late and I hadn't had sex since. Be warned that the pill can mess up your cycle for a few months after taking it!"

Keighley1992 July 12, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Don't even bother stressing yourself out like I did, because Plan B actually works. On June 25th I had unprotected sex with my bf and on that day I was ovulating and my bf wasn't wearing condoms and I wasn't on birth control pills. I know this is TMI, but he "came"/finished inside me. So, 2 hours later I started to get paranoid and decided to take Plan B. Well let me tell you this I received so many pregnancy symptoms such as: Sore breast, headaches, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, frequent urination,back pains, and cramping. The side effects will have you going insane. The scary part is that a week before my period was due I saw brown discharge and I automatically assumed that it was implantation bleeding. Next following week my period came."

Don't stress about it (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015