User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I know your here Reading this to see if it really works and YES it WORKS Well it was my birthday and me and my friend went off messing around and well then this happened that he finished in me and I well am not ready at all to be a mom neither him to be a dad so we went to a pharmacy 5hours after the happening and yes it's pretty expensive but it's worth it at the end. So anyways I took it five hours after the accident it was really nerve wrecking so then the next day I felt nauseous and well major headaches through out but nothing unbearable you'll get cramps here and their it's been exactly a week from the deed and I got my period finally and well never been anymore happy for my period"

Natalygomez4 May 1, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So... Long story short. He pulled out.. Without the Condom *ooops* it was left inside me. So I pulled it out myself. Lol but, It's been 23 hours since I took the pill. I'm not having any side effects as of now & I'm expecting my period in 4 days. I am over 165lbs & just hoping this pill works for me."

Kelikeli (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "If you're here reading this reviews, I'm sure you're freaking out just like I was, I was actually here reading these exact reviews about a day ago. But, I'll echo what many say here, this pill definitely works. Girlfriend got her period last night, and I've been ecstatic since; I promised myself I'd post here if it came through. People make mistakes, this pill is amazingly good at fixing them. If you're within 24 hours when you take it, you have nothing to worry about, stress will only make your period delay more!"

BT87162 April 29, 2016

"I had unprotected sex April 9th and took the take action pill less than 24 hours later.... I was supposed to start my period April 18 but when the day came I did not start. It got me so worried I never thought I'd ever want my period so bad, it came five days later and I felt super relieved.. I also stayed with my regular cycle instead of having more or less days, and was not lighter or heavier at all. My advice is take it as soon as you can and don't worry if you are late by a couple of days!!"

lauren :) April 29, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "The pill worked . My period came 3 days later than the expected date . Cramps are painful "

Anonymous April 28, 2016

"I ended up having unprotected sex on April 7. When he finished some of it got on me but they we question whether or not he pulled out on time. I was freaking out (crying and all), so I told him to get me a plan B pill. I took the pill about 20 minutes later, but I was still freaking out. My period ended a few days before the accident. I ended up having sore breasts and spottings. I was still freaking out about 3 weeks later I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I was still nervous and praying 3 days after the test I got my period. Trust me it works even with a lot of prayer and crying you'll be okay!!"

Happily not prego April 28, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Took this 12 hours after thr bf ejaculated in me on day 15 of my cycle...one of my most fertile days.....the day I took it the cramps got so bad I almost vimitted, I got so dizzy and weAK from it.by the next day I was fine. i wouldn't recommend this torture...then four days later my breasts became sore....and i have been getting every pregnancy or pms symptom since (sore breasts, cramping, upset stomach, nausea, lower backache, headaches)....I am due to start sat 4/30.....I took a prego test and came back negative.....this is the longest pms and worst symptoms I have ever had. I think I would have rather taken my chances."

Aj1001 April 27, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "if there is any advice you can take from the internet right now, it's to calm down ladies!! I promised I'd write a review here to settle nervous tummies on my experience, since I was you at one point. I had unprotected sex on day 5 (yes on my period) of my normal 28 day cycle at approximately 9am. I am grateful plan b was available behind the counter at pharmacy and I purchased it less than an hour after the oopsie. here started the waiting game and bizarre side affects such as nausea and fatigue for almost two months. I was 2 weeks late. also, if this helps, I am 50 POUNDS PASSED THE WEIGHT CAPACITY (165lbs) AND IT WORKED!!! :) good luck ladies :) you have nothing to worry about. it works!!"

oopsie daisy! April 26, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex while on my birth control pills not realizing that the anti biotic I am on would counteract with it considering it usually says it on the bottle. However, after I started panicking the very next morning (less than 24 hours) I went and bought the plan b pill from my local drug store for 50$. I did not feel anything after taking it but 24 hours afterwards I felt nauseous, and my stomach felt upset. After that passed, my period was supposed to come 3 weeks later it....my breasts became very sore, and I broke out really bad. All symptoms of my period. So 4 days before my period was supposed to start I got my period!!! I was ovulating, and over the "weight limit" be patient and WAIT!"

Dessssss April 25, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Of course my partner doesn't pull out on ovulation day, took "take action" 24 hours later, 4 days later I have a massive period with worst cramps ever!! Very tender even to touch my lower abdomin. Dispite the bleeding I still have worry. :/ won't do that nonsense again!!"

Being a woman has its down sid (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Well this is the second time I have had to take it. I am not making this a routine but accidents do happen. The last time was several months ago. I use to be on the IUD but I continued to have problems with it. I have tried several pills as well but to no avail , my body does not handle them well either. I am considering sterilization but my husband said he would do it. So this is why I have had this experience. One thing I noticed is Plan B has worked for me. I have mood changes similar to PMS for a few days. After about a week (7 days) I begin spotting and start my period. I am thankful but it does work a week after you ended your last period. I can only blame myself. Plan B has worked for me."

C me April 25, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he came inside and we were both terrified. My period was 2 weeks late and him and I were freaking out planning around college and stuff for a kid. Thank God I eventually got my period. Overall this drug has saved me a lot. The worst part is the cost. I did have side effects of major bloating...like, so bad, and I run 5 miles daily. It also made me have symptoms that felt like I was on my period; tired, craving chocolate, moody, and I never threw up, but felt very nauseous at times. I did have a couple dizzy spells, but just pushed through it. Just get through the crappy side effects and you'll be fine. :)"

T1816 April 25, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took this as an emergency contraceptive 15 days after the start of my last period 12 hours after the condom broke. My boyfriend since left for deployment and 3 weeks later I found out a surprise! 3 weeks pregnant. 10/10 would never trust this again my doctor was even shocked."

Sadlittlesushoroll April 24, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan B an hour after loosing my virginity and having unprotected sex,it been about a day and I'm mostly just experiencing cramping and nausea, I had just gotten off my period and I'm just praying that I'm not pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "I had to take the morning after pill after I accidentally hooked up with my ex-boyfriend and he forgot that I do not take birth control. I was already 5 days since I finished my last period, and I knew I was close to my fertile time of the month so I decided to take the after pill the same morning on the 4/10. I didn't have many side effect for the first 4 days after I took the pill except some lower abdominal bloating. On the 5th day after taking the pill there was some light spotting and decided to pack some tampons as I headed to Coachella.. It has now been 7 days since my period has started and it is the heaviest period I have ever had. I've gone through 18 supers in 3 days. On day 14 and still bleeding. Be prepared for the blood bath!"

Cole44 April 23, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I'm on birth control but was paranoid and took this plan b pill my body was very hormonal and my nerves were very bad. I went with my gut and decided to take the pill even tho I was safe on my birth control patch but insisted and took the pill for this last couple of weeks my body was going nuts !! But I must say my period came exactly the same date it comes every month on 4/22 ... I got my period ladies so I must say go with your gut when your in doubt and also believe and trust in your birth control. My period is very heavy from the pill and I have body aches and headaches and acne like crazy !!! But I will not be using this pill no more to much side affects I will be sticking with my patch like I always have been !!!"

Anonymously Waiting (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So I'm sharing cause I was totally freaking out after I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago, he didn't finish inside me but I heard about pre come so 14 hours later I took plan b, I didn't had any side effects I was only tired and I was so hungry, my period was due yesterday so I had to wait 2 whole weeks and I was freaking out and all I did was pray and read this reviews and cry cause It was my first time having unprotected and I was scared I could be pregnant cause I'm still in high school and I'm definitely not ready for a baby but yesterday I got my period and NOT PREGNANT. I hope this helps cause reading this reviews helped me a lot, so don't stress cause that can make your period late. Don't worry. The pill works"

Yaliz April 23, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "okay ladies, just calm down. heres my experience, I've taken Plan B about 5-6 times in my life and I've never had this happen till now. I took plan B on the sunday of my first sugar pill, I had unprotected sex the night before with some strange man and a friend of mine. not knowing him I certainly didn't want his baby so I decided I'd take plan b just to be safe. ... tuesday came and I didn't get my period...5 days later I FINALLY got my period! most nerve wracking 5 days ever. I actually went and bought a pregnancy test on thursday and told myself that if i didn't wake up with a period on friday, id take the test. thank god i didn't have to take that test bc aunt flow finally made it and I welcomed her with open arms. .. it'll come, just wait"

redheadfromthesouth April 22, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So I ended my period 03/17 & had unprotected sex the next day (03/18) & my boyfriend came inside me so less than an hour later we went & got the pill. After taking the pill I did experience some of the side effects I was having bad headaches, fatigue, light headed, bladder problems, spotting & bleeding a little. I was convinced I was pregnant because my period was also late & I had spotting on my underwear instead of getting my period and I knew that was a sign I was pregnant but there was no way because I had all these side effects & I took the pill as soon as possible but I kept being paranoid about it but a week later I got my period & I've never been so happy to be on it so ladies don't worry just wait & be safe next time."

Siena April 21, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had protected sex on April 6th and the condom broke. He came inside of me, entirely. I have a very irregular period and can go up to 4 months without having one. So it's very difficult to know when I ovulate or when I should start. I freaked out and bought plan b almost an hour after we had sex, I took it immediately and began to read reviews about it. I read reviews saying if you were over 170-175 pounds plan b would not work for you. But I am 210 pounds and on April 15 I started my period. Please, I'm telling you, do not stress. It only makes everything worse and can even delay your period that much longer. I was a lot more emotional before starting my period, and when it did start my cramps were almost unbearable. Just relax! It works!"

18andnotpreggo (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took plan b 9/28 & had a period that ended Oct . 9 I don't know when it started but I had one . did plan b work? Because I'm pregnant and I want to know if I got pregnant before or after plan b . I was not ovulating at all so my period came when expected ."

27weeksPregnant (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex on March 13th and the condom broke. My partner noticed before orgasming luckily, but I didnt want to take the risk of a precum baby. I also was in my most fertile time, about to hit ovulation. I took Plan B on March 14th, 15 hours later. I experienced spotting 3 days after, that quickly went away. I also experienced bloating, mood swings, feeling hot, etc., that lasted for a little over a week. My expected period was March 30th. I got it yesterday, on April 19th . I was *20* days late. A little over 5 weeks after I took the pill. I took 4 pregnancy tests in this time. So, to all freaking out like I did, do know that the pill CAN make you late (even 20 days late), and make you experience symptoms similiar to pregnancy symptoms."

ForSanitySake (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Took the pill 12 hours after unprotected sex. I'm a month late took a pregnancy test it's negative but I'm still worried I might be because I have started yet"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I took aftera on the 27th of March after having planned unprotected sex with my husband. I didn't really experience any major side effects other than headaches and cramping here and there for 2 days and then after that it went away. I still haven't had my period and I'm 3 weeks late. Took a pregnancy test a yesterday and it came back negative. I haven't had any symptoms of pregnancy but it worries me than my period should have come by now and it still hasn't. I have a doctors appointment set up for this Friday hopefully I'm not pregnant."

Xeoxidous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

"It%u2019s okay ladies! Breath! Just like you I was also searching high and low to get a peace of mind and I promised myself I would come back and write a review to help others out. So%u2026my last period started 3-11-16 and ended on 3-14-16. I had sex the next day on 3-15-16. We used a condom but we thought it might have slipped so we freaked out. I, at the time, wasn%u2019t on any birth control so, to be on the safe side, we bought Take Action and I took it not even an hour after. I started lightly bleeding on 3-20-16 and it lasted for only two days. It started off as a brownish color and then turned red. The light bleeding was very light, like spotting light. I was still freaking out though just because I am that type of person who always says, %u201Cwhat if""

CollegeStudent12 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016