User Reviews for Xyzal

Allergies 22 reviews 49 medications

Summary of Xyzal reviews 64 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Xyzal

Review by Coats1210:

For Allergies: Works great for me with no side effects......love it!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2014 1:08 PM

Review by Khrissy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Urticaria: Excellent!!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2013 5:58 PM

Review by Baby115566:

For Allergies: WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing.

October 5, 2013 8:21 PM

Review by CW Programmer:

For Allergies: I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2013 11:01 AM

Review by Meroche:

For Allergies: Over the past few years I have increasingly been plagued by debilitating allergies. I have gotten shots and taken Zyrtec, and other allergy meds daily without complete results. Xyzal was recently prescribed and I have had excellent results. I haven't felt this good in years (at the height of allergy season, too).

May 2, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by Sun City Bruin:

For Allergies: After taking Xyzal for only 3 weeks, my quality of life has vastly improved. The first 2 days I felt a little sleepy. The only symptom I still have is a runny nose in the morning, but it goes away after several hours. I took Zyrtec D for over a decade while living in Los Angeles and my allergy symptoms were controlled, but some days I could barely speak because my mouth and throat were simply too dry. After moving to Arizona, Zyrtec D was failing to control my allergy symptoms and I was dry everywhere. My skin itched, my eyes and ears itched and hurt. I tried both Claritin D and Allegra D which provided little to no relief.

March 19, 2013 10:48 PM

For Urticaria: Hives and itchy skin and very bad hand itch that cased to to scratch. I used to get them every other day for 2-3 hours I used to lock myself in the room and itch and itch and itch then. I was told about Xyzal from my father-in-law. Life is so good with Xyzal. I only wish this medicine is known to more people who suffer from itch and hives that make life so painful. But when Medicine like Xyzal is created. It's very good medicine that can cure allergies or itchy skin. I just take one tablet every 2 days and sleep like baby and feel the best next mooring.

December 4, 2012 12:11 AM

For Urticaria: I have had hives my entire life. I finally saw an allergist and he did tests. He took me off of all medicines and put me on Xyzal. I took the Xyzal three times and I have not had a hive since. Seriously. I had my first hives at 4 months and had hives everyday for forty six years. I do not know what Xyzal did but it fixed me. I stopped taking Claritin and Benadryl and Zyrtec. Took Xyzal for three days. It made me VERY sleepy. I can't even take a normal Benadryl dose without falling asleep, though. I had to take liquid Benadryl, one teaspoon, if I wanted to stay awake. I slept twelve hours with my first dose of Xyzal and about 8 hours with the two successive doses. Then, I never had a hive again.

August 25, 2011 6:42 PM

For Allergies: I had been taking Allegra and Nasonex for years, but still did not have good control over my allergies and asthma. I used Benadryl as needed when my two prescription medicines were not enough. The pulmonologist told me that Benadryl has an intense drying effect in your body and that it makes your mucous more viscous (thicker). Within 2 days of starting Xyzal (and stopping Benadryl), I definitely had thinned mucous and my skin was much less dry. My asthma was much better controlled and I had less sensitivity to environmental triggers. Unfortunately, I also started experiencing moderate-to-severe headaches along with a feeling of depression/anxiety. Without Xyzal, I get pneumonia.. with it, I feel crazy. Works, but bad side effects.

August 6, 2011 9:03 AM

Review by Estelle A.:

For Urticaria: It has been 2 years since I've suffered with Chronic Hives. Like many on this board, nothing has worked. After a severe outbreak of hives, and a visit to my Doctor, he put me on Xyzal. I can say I'm about 95% hive free. I still have some hives but they're not as many or as large. It is very early with this treatment to say that it will continue this way. But, for the first time, I am hopeful. I will return to this forum to give updates.

February 23, 2011 10:26 AM

Review by beaglemasterSTL:

For Urticaria: Works as well as Zyrtec but non-drowzy. I take Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening for chronic idiopathic urticaria with angioedema.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2011 8:50 AM

Review by Sick of Hives...:

For Urticaria: I have been suffering with Auto Immune Chronic Urticaria with Angioedema since August 2010. I am so over these HIVES. I was also diagnosed with a mild case of (ITP) Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) in August as well. Since then I have been on a roller coaster with these hives. One day I am hive free, the next day I wake up with swollen lips then a few days later my arms, back and legs are covered in hives. Since August I have been on Benadryl, Atarax, Singular, Zantac, Zyrtec, Claratin, methylprednisolone just to name a few. A few days ago I looked on the internet and saw Xyzal. I immediately called my allergist and asked for it. I couldn%u2019t believe that it was $113.99 for 30 tabs. It was worth a try. Today is day number three on the medication and I do notice a BIG difference. I still have a few hives here and there but overall, it is a LIFE SAVER to me. I have not noticed any major side effects so far. I have been a little drowsy and I am shocked at that because NOTHING makes me sleepy. I have a feeling my Hubby will have to put this one in the budget!

January 22, 2011 7:18 PM

For Urticaria: Very good for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2010 7:36 AM

Review by Ucogirly:

For Allergies: This medicine has seriously changed my life. Had struggled with allergies and recurrent sinus infections my whole life, but in my early 20s started having idiopathic anaphylactic reaction. I ended up in the ER several times, once with epinephrine. My allergist determined I was allergic to everything...seasonal and indoors. He prescribed Xyzal. I have not had one ER visit or sinus infection in 2 years AND no side effects. I call it my magic pill.

October 17, 2010 11:17 PM

For Hay Fever: I had been on Allegra for allergies for almost 10 years. This year it stopped working and began to make my heart race. I also developed new allergies (to foods). My general practitioner mentioned Xyzal to me, gave me some samples, and instructed me to start out with the pediatric dose 2.5mg to see how I reacted to the medicine and how effective it was for me. All I can say is, it's AWESOME! It is fast acting, stopping the itchy nose, throat, ears and non-stop sneezing soon after taking it. No crazy heart rhythms, hung over feelings, or depression with this antihistamine. It's a keeper!

September 1, 2010 12:58 AM

Review by Linotte:

For Allergies: I started taking Xyzal after a single episode of urticaria. I have had hands tremors for 40 years, severe enough to interfere with my work as a nurse. After 2 days, I noticed that the tremors were gone. To verify it was linked to the medication, I stopped taking it, and after 2 days, my left hand started shaking again, so I restarted it. It's been 3 weeks, and I am still free of any tremors.

August 14, 2010 12:58 AM

For Allergies: This medicine has allowed me to be functional with my allergies!

June 20, 2010 4:08 PM

For Urticaria: I started developing an outbreak of rashes all over my body about two years ago. Since then my GP has prescribed the usual antihistamine cetirizine and hydroxyzine. I noticed my rashes didn't subside totally after I took them both, but when I was prescribed Xyzal, I noticed it lowered the inflammation of my skin and the itchiness level was greatly reduced too. Since then I have been taking Xyzal together with Atarax and I find it to be quite effective as a combination. I have been taking Xyzal on a daily basis ever since. My rashes come back sometimes, but I have no choice since there are no newer antihistamine other then Xyzal. My doctor has never prescribed me Allegra.

June 16, 2010 8:59 AM

For Urticaria: I have suffered from hives for over 30 years. No medicine helped. I had them for 3 years straight, 24/7. My hives have come back about 4 different times, lasting up to a year. I have been on Xyzal for about 2 months. I take Benadryl, then an hour later I will take the Xyzal. I take Benadryl at bedtime. This is the first time in the 30 years that I feel they are under control. For anyone with chronic hives, its worth a shot. I have no side effects as of yet. They do not make me tired either.

May 13, 2010 8:06 PM

Review by Patapouf:

For Allergies: I have started using this about 5 months ago, works great for the allergies but the side effects are terrible.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2010 8:28 PM

For Urticaria: i have had heat induced hives for about 5 months now on the face.. xyzal worked really well and i have had little to no breakouts on my face since. The only side affect i have experienced was nose bleeds.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2010 8:23 PM

Review by sneezee:

For Allergies: I have chronic sinus allergies and my ENT prescribed Singulair and Allegra 180 mg one tab each per day. These worked fine for me, but my Doctor then asked me to try Xyzal instead of the Allegra, I've been using this new combination for about a month or so, but for me, the Allegra may be more effective, and I don't get the "drowsies" from it as I get with Xyzal. I then did something stupid, I tried being my own doctor, and took (2) Xyzal tabs with my usual 20mg of Singulair. The result being INCREASED histamine and drowsiness... so folks, the moral here is; Don't play Doctor,... abide by your Doctor's instructions... he/she knows best.

January 30, 2010 1:46 AM

Review by marymae:

I use the pediatric syrup. One teaspoon at night. 2.5mg. It's the best thing I've found.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2010 11:57 AM

For Allergies: I started using this medicine about 2 months ago and gained about 10 pounds within that time frame. I stopped taking the medicine about 4 days ago and have already lost a couple of pounds.

January 10, 2010 11:23 AM

For Urticaria: I have suffered with severe hives for more than 8 years. About one year ago my fourth doctor discovered I had H-Pylori. After treatment I remained hive free for almost 8 months. This summer minor reoccurances started back but are controlled with one Xyzal at night, not 100% effective but close to 85%.

December 9, 2009 11:43 PM