User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 697 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergies

"Before I started taking Xyzal I would get so stuffy at night in bed that I would have gladly had my entire nose and sinuses removed. It was that horrible. I would lock up so tight my ears would pop. Xyzal has been a miracle for me. No more stuffy nose at night. It works wonderfully. I would give up any of my other medications before I would my Xyzal. I tried all the other allergy medications but none helped. Xyzal is the very best!"

jangarrett71 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

"Xyzal has helped keep the chronic sinus infections away while on a biologic for an autoimmune disorder! That's a miracle! I love xyzal. Some days I get sleepy so I take it @ night. Now if I can just get the autoimmune symptoms to go away id be kicking booty! Love xyzal for allergies!"

Dottie O. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

"Best pill EVER for fighting Allergies! Results have been Phenomenal!!!!"

DivaSupreme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

"I have debilitating seasonal allergies, to the point where my eyes swell up completely. Doctors kept saying take zyrtec, take claritin, nasonex, etc. Nothing made even a dent in the symptoms, even benadryl barely helped. When I was finally prescribed xyzal it completely changed allergy season for me. I feel like I have no allergies at all (almost a problem because I forget to take my meds). Anyone who is miserable during allergy season should seriously consider xyzal."

HappyCamper:) May 10, 2015

"Works great for me with no side effects......love it!"

Coats1210 February 7, 2014

"WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing."

Baby115566 October 5, 2013

"I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal"

CW Programmer May 6, 2013

"Over the past few years I have increasingly been plagued by debilitating allergies. I have gotten shots and taken Zyrtec, and other allergy meds daily without complete results. Xyzal was recently prescribed and I have had excellent results. I haven't felt this good in years (at the height of allergy season, too)."

Meroche May 2, 2013

"After taking Xyzal for only 3 weeks, my quality of life has vastly improved. The first 2 days I felt a little sleepy. The only symptom I still have is a runny nose in the morning, but it goes away after several hours. I took Zyrtec D for over a decade while living in Los Angeles and my allergy symptoms were controlled, but some days I could barely speak because my mouth and throat were simply too dry. After moving to Arizona, Zyrtec D was failing to control my allergy symptoms and I was dry everywhere. My skin itched, my eyes and ears itched and hurt. I tried both Claritin D and Allegra D which provided little to no relief."

Sun City Bruin March 19, 2013

"I had been taking Allegra and Nasonex for years, but still did not have good control over my allergies and asthma. I used Benadryl as needed when my two prescription medicines were not enough. The pulmonologist told me that Benadryl has an intense drying effect in your body and that it makes your mucous more viscous (thicker). Within 2 days of starting Xyzal (and stopping Benadryl), I definitely had thinned mucous and my skin was much less dry. My asthma was much better controlled and I had less sensitivity to environmental triggers. Unfortunately, I also started experiencing moderate-to-severe headaches along with a feeling of depression/anxiety. Without Xyzal, I get pneumonia.. with it, I feel crazy. Works, but bad side effects."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

"This medicine has seriously changed my life. Had struggled with allergies and recurrent sinus infections my whole life, but in my early 20s started having idiopathic anaphylactic reaction. I ended up in the ER several times, once with epinephrine. My allergist determined I was allergic to everything...seasonal and indoors. He prescribed Xyzal. I have not had one ER visit or sinus infection in 2 years AND no side effects. I call it my magic pill."

Ucogirly October 17, 2010

"I started taking Xyzal after a single episode of urticaria. I have had hands tremors for 40 years, severe enough to interfere with my work as a nurse. After 2 days, I noticed that the tremors were gone. To verify it was linked to the medication, I stopped taking it, and after 2 days, my left hand started shaking again, so I restarted it. It's been 3 weeks, and I am still free of any tremors."

Linotte August 14, 2010

"This medicine has allowed me to be functional with my allergies! "

Anonymous June 20, 2010

"I have started using this about 5 months ago, works great for the allergies but the side effects are terrible. "

Patapouf May 3, 2010

"I have chronic sinus allergies and my ENT prescribed Singulair and Allegra 180 mg one tab each per day. These worked fine for me, but my Doctor then asked me to try Xyzal instead of the Allegra, I've been using this new combination for about a month or so, but for me, the Allegra may be more effective, and I don't get the "drowsies" from it as I get with Xyzal. I then did something stupid, I tried being my own doctor, and took (2) Xyzal tabs with my usual 20mg of Singulair. The result being INCREASED histamine and drowsiness... so folks, the moral here is; Don't play Doctor,... abide by your Doctor's instructions... he/she knows best."

sneezee January 30, 2010

"I started using this medicine about 2 months ago and gained about 10 pounds within that time frame. I stopped taking the medicine about 4 days ago and have already lost a couple of pounds."

Anonymous January 10, 2010

"After over 4 months of post nasal drip, causing coughing, just two 10 mg pills have caused about a 60% decrease in those symptoms. Expensive even with insurance but well worth it to this user."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

"I started using this right after starting immune therapy for indoor and outdoor (perennial) allergies. I had been on Zyrtec and the additional dose of allergans coming from the shots made me miserable with continual sinus mucus draining/blowing; I tried taking Benadryl (on top of the Zyrtec) but that put me to sleep. The Xyzal stopped the allergic reaction, so I'm on it now for the second month with no side effects; and very happy to have it."

wolflew December 9, 2009

"Very good for my hive allergy symptoms. Almost works for the whole 24 hours... very nice. Yeah, it might make me hungrier... so I eat another apple - ha ha, it's all about your food choices. I'm glad this exists. I'm on allergy shots so it's doesn't always clear 100% of my misery but it's close enough. Way better than other medicines - I've tried so many."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

"I had hallucinations for 5 days and ended up in hospital and became so anxious going to sleep. I now need to take Zoloft for the anxiety. I also reported this to the FDA."

Anonymous October 19, 2009

"I have severe allergies indoor and out. I cough constantly due to post nasal drip and irritated throat. I took Xyzal and within hours the coughing stopped! I ran out of pills and took Allegra. The coughing came back the same day. The coughing doesn't go down well with everyone being fearful of the Swine Flu! I am so thankful to have found Xyzal."

Sotabby October 18, 2009

"I have used a lot of different allergy medicines (for dust/mold/pollen) and I have never gotten a side-effect as bad I got from this. I switched from Zyrtec to this because of a discount that was given; I have been on it for close to 10 months and then I started losing my short-term memory, lose creativity, and it even started to make me slur words. I don't blame it entirely on this medicine, it MAY have been the combination of this and Astepro; but in my experience this definitely causes drowsiness. I can't completely say to stay away from it just be sure to monitor it right away and after about 5 months. I switched to Allegra 180mg. Hope this helps."

mikel52588 September 19, 2009

"Works very well to help with my allergies. I recommend use at night; as it did tend to make me very tired."

Anonymous September 6, 2009

"I tried this drug but it made me very tired. I was so tired and slept for like 3 days until I realized the drug was doing it. So I can't take it or I'll sleep for 20 hours at a time."

Anonymous July 29, 2009

"This medicine has helped me through allergy seasons, hives, and hay fever. Most of my family uses it, too. My dad is 56 and he loves it. He goes on and on about how "medicine is so advanced now-a-days" and how it was "back in his day". He says he has never seen anything like it and swears by it. I do, too. It's great!"

puddinsnack July 27, 2009