User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 756 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergies

Review by Coats1210:

Works great for me with no side effects......love it!

February 7, 2014 1:08 PM

Review by Baby115566:

WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing.

October 5, 2013 8:21 PM

Review by CW Programmer:

I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal

May 6, 2013 11:01 AM

Review by Meroche:

Over the past few years I have increasingly been plagued by debilitating allergies. I have gotten shots and taken Zyrtec, and other allergy meds daily without complete results. Xyzal was recently prescribed and I have had excellent results. I haven't felt this good in years (at the height of allergy season, too).

May 2, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by Sun City Bruin:

After taking Xyzal for only 3 weeks, my quality of life has vastly improved. The first 2 days I felt a little sleepy. The only symptom I still have is a runny nose in the morning, but it goes away after several hours. I took Zyrtec D for over a decade while living in Los Angeles and my allergy symptoms were controlled, but some days I could barely speak because my mouth and throat were simply too dry. After moving to Arizona, Zyrtec D was failing to control my allergy symptoms and I was dry everywhere. My skin itched, my eyes and ears itched and hurt. I tried both Claritin D and Allegra D which provided little to no relief.

March 19, 2013 10:48 PM

I had been taking Allegra and Nasonex for years, but still did not have good control over my allergies and asthma. I used Benadryl as needed when my two prescription medicines were not enough. The pulmonologist told me that Benadryl has an intense drying effect in your body and that it makes your mucous more viscous (thicker). Within 2 days of starting Xyzal (and stopping Benadryl), I definitely had thinned mucous and my skin was much less dry. My asthma was much better controlled and I had less sensitivity to environmental triggers. Unfortunately, I also started experiencing moderate-to-severe headaches along with a feeling of depression/anxiety. Without Xyzal, I get pneumonia.. with it, I feel crazy. Works, but bad side effects.

August 6, 2011 9:03 AM

Review by Ucogirly:

This medicine has seriously changed my life. Had struggled with allergies and recurrent sinus infections my whole life, but in my early 20s started having idiopathic anaphylactic reaction. I ended up in the ER several times, once with epinephrine. My allergist determined I was allergic to everything...seasonal and indoors. He prescribed Xyzal. I have not had one ER visit or sinus infection in 2 years AND no side effects. I call it my magic pill.

October 17, 2010 11:17 PM

Review by Linotte:

I started taking Xyzal after a single episode of urticaria. I have had hands tremors for 40 years, severe enough to interfere with my work as a nurse. After 2 days, I noticed that the tremors were gone. To verify it was linked to the medication, I stopped taking it, and after 2 days, my left hand started shaking again, so I restarted it. It's been 3 weeks, and I am still free of any tremors.

August 14, 2010 12:58 AM

This medicine has allowed me to be functional with my allergies!

June 20, 2010 4:08 PM

Review by Patapouf:

I have started using this about 5 months ago, works great for the allergies but the side effects are terrible.

May 3, 2010 8:28 PM

Review by sneezee:

I have chronic sinus allergies and my ENT prescribed Singulair and Allegra 180 mg one tab each per day. These worked fine for me, but my Doctor then asked me to try Xyzal instead of the Allegra, I've been using this new combination for about a month or so, but for me, the Allegra may be more effective, and I don't get the "drowsies" from it as I get with Xyzal. I then did something stupid, I tried being my own doctor, and took (2) Xyzal tabs with my usual 20mg of Singulair. The result being INCREASED histamine and drowsiness... so folks, the moral here is; Don't play Doctor,... abide by your Doctor's instructions... he/she knows best.

January 30, 2010 1:46 AM

I started using this medicine about 2 months ago and gained about 10 pounds within that time frame. I stopped taking the medicine about 4 days ago and have already lost a couple of pounds.

January 10, 2010 11:23 AM

After over 4 months of post nasal drip, causing coughing, just two 10 mg pills have caused about a 60% decrease in those symptoms. Expensive even with insurance but well worth it to this user.

December 9, 2009 11:20 PM

Review by wolflew:

I started using this right after starting immune therapy for indoor and outdoor (perennial) allergies. I had been on Zyrtec and the additional dose of allergans coming from the shots made me miserable with continual sinus mucus draining/blowing; I tried taking Benadryl (on top of the Zyrtec) but that put me to sleep. The Xyzal stopped the allergic reaction, so I'm on it now for the second month with no side effects; and very happy to have it.

December 9, 2009 2:22 PM

Very good for my hive allergy symptoms. Almost works for the whole 24 hours... very nice. Yeah, it might make me hungrier... so I eat another apple - ha ha, it's all about your food choices. I'm glad this exists. I'm on allergy shots so it's doesn't always clear 100% of my misery but it's close enough. Way better than other medicines - I've tried so many.

November 17, 2009 6:01 PM

I had hallucinations for 5 days and ended up in hospital and became so anxious going to sleep. I now need to take Zoloft for the anxiety. I also reported this to the FDA.

October 19, 2009 4:10 PM

Review by Sotabby:

I have severe allergies indoor and out. I cough constantly due to post nasal drip and irritated throat. I took Xyzal and within hours the coughing stopped! I ran out of pills and took Allegra. The coughing came back the same day. The coughing doesn't go down well with everyone being fearful of the Swine Flu! I am so thankful to have found Xyzal.

October 18, 2009 2:03 PM

Review by mikel52588:

I have used a lot of different allergy medicines (for dust/mold/pollen) and I have never gotten a side-effect as bad I got from this. I switched from Zyrtec to this because of a discount that was given; I have been on it for close to 10 months and then I started losing my short-term memory, lose creativity, and it even started to make me slur words. I don't blame it entirely on this medicine, it MAY have been the combination of this and Astepro; but in my experience this definitely causes drowsiness. I can't completely say to stay away from it just be sure to monitor it right away and after about 5 months. I switched to Allegra 180mg. Hope this helps.

September 19, 2009 4:27 PM

Works very well to help with my allergies. I recommend use at night; as it did tend to make me very tired.

September 6, 2009 11:50 PM

I tried this drug but it made me very tired. I was so tired and slept for like 3 days until I realized the drug was doing it. So I can't take it or I'll sleep for 20 hours at a time.

July 29, 2009 7:43 PM

Review by puddinsnack:

This medicine has helped me through allergy seasons, hives, and hay fever. Most of my family uses it, too. My dad is 56 and he loves it. He goes on and on about how "medicine is so advanced now-a-days" and how it was "back in his day". He says he has never seen anything like it and swears by it. I do, too. It's great!

July 27, 2009 12:42 AM

I have a rare skin rash that appears only during summer months. It is an immune system response to heat. Xyzal 10 mg reduces the rash by about 20%, but after about a month, an immunosupressive reaction occurred. I started getting large, painful pimples in weird places like forearm, hand, and neck. Had a similar reaction to Flonase a few years ago. Immune system can't fight the pimples, so they take over. Disappointing because this is the first oral drug to have an effect on the rash. Hay fever gone too.

May 28, 2009 11:04 PM