User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 555 medications used in the treatment of Hay Fever.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Hay Fever

I had been on Allegra for allergies for almost 10 years. This year it stopped working and began to make my heart race. I also developed new allergies (to foods). My general practitioner mentioned Xyzal to me, gave me some samples, and instructed me to start out with the pediatric dose 2.5mg to see how I reacted to the medicine and how effective it was for me. All I can say is, it's AWESOME! It is fast acting, stopping the itchy nose, throat, ears and non-stop sneezing soon after taking it. No crazy heart rhythms, hung over feelings, or depression with this antihistamine. It's a keeper!

September 1, 2010 12:58 AM

Review by markellks:

I have tried everything for seasonal allergies and also have been on numerous antibiotics for infections. I have been taking Xyzal for about a month now and it's the best medicine that I have ever tried. I am almost 99% allergy free. Also, most people have said that they have had weight gain. NOT ME, I HAVE HAD WEIGHT LOSS of about 4 lbs. I always react the opposite way to medicine anyway.

June 7, 2009 12:09 PM

Review by WD0FIA:

I was sick with sinus and ear problems for 6 weeks. I had been treated with Keflex, Zithromax, Levaquin, Allegra, Claritin and Veramyst. Some of these even made my symptoms worse. I took my first Xyxal and two hours later my sinus drainage was fine. In eight hours the sinus headache and eye redness was gone. By the end of my second day on Xyzal, I noticed my ear canals and skin no longer itched. I had no idea this was a condition caused by allergies. I thought I had dry skin. I still have some "stuffed up" sinus issues on my fourth day but I can taste food, inhale and exhale freely through my nose and feel pretty "normal". IT WORKS!

May 29, 2009 6:27 AM

I have had a headache for four weeks with no other symptoms. Had tried other allergy medicines but they did not work. Within a matter of hours my headache started to fade after my doctor gave me Xyzal. I didn't even think the headache was allergy related until then. Feels so good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2009 9:21 AM

Review by Snic:

I have been very sick with allergies. I have had breathing treatments and the like. Tried all the standard antihistamines and they did nothing. I have only been on Xyzal about a week and I am breathing again and feel like I am going to live. This has been great. And the sleep is not bad either.

April 24, 2009 5:32 AM

Review by journallover:

I have been taking Xyzal for nearly 1 year now and it truly has been my life saver. I suffer from extreme seasonal allergies and indoor allergies with all the symptoms; itchy red eyes, itchy ears and feet, sneezing 5 times an hour, congested sinuses, headaches, congestion, hives, and frequent bloody noses. I tried over-the-counter and prescription drugs for nearly 10 years with no success. Xyzal has honestly relieved all my symptoms. I take my dose before bed because it does make me sleepy. I have no problems making it through my work day. I do have a little bit of a dry throat side effect, but that is nothing compared to the misery I was in before.

April 2, 2009 2:41 PM

Review by VictoLo:

I think this drug is probably the best thing for people with severe allergies. I tried EVERYTHING before XYZAL and I finally stumbled upon this through my doctor and I am so happy I did. Now I can actually wake up and go through the day without sneezing, coughing, or getting a head cold.

February 19, 2009 1:06 AM

Review by Kerrisan:

Incredible results. I have recently developed horrible fall allergies with the whole - sneezing, runny/stuff nose, watery/itchy eyes, cough, fatigue and everything else. I would need a new tissue every 5 minutes. I took one Xyzal at 5 PM on Tuesday and it cleared every single thing up. It didn't begin to fade until 12 AM on Wednesday. I absolutely love this little pill.

December 30, 2008 10:35 PM

Review by gutshot:

It works.

November 22, 2008 9:44 AM

Review by TLEING:

A very good medicine. Results in two days.

November 16, 2008 12:03 PM

Review by nasal girl:

I have had chronic allergies and nothing has helped. It would be normal for me to go through a box of kleenex in a week. The major frustration with my allergies was my itchy feet and ear canals. Although xyzal is very expensive (my insurance doesn't cover it) it is worth not having the itchy feet and ears that no one thought about.

October 24, 2008 12:05 PM

Review by Flamingo13:

Dried up the sinuses pretty well and helped me sleep

September 9, 2008 5:08 AM

Review by Silverlake:

Controls my allergies better than anything I have taken.

August 23, 2008 11:20 AM

Review by Em-J:

I love it. My doctor advised me, it's best to take right before bed. I get extremely tired 10 to 15 minutes after I take Xzyal. I also have to sleep for more than 8 hours, if I don't sleep more than 8 hours I feel drowsy all day and feel the need to take a nap.

August 13, 2008 2:42 AM

It is a very positive medication for severe allergies. I have tried everything OTC and prescription. This a first that allows me to sleep, without getting up 5 or 6 times a night because of my nose.

June 7, 2008 8:43 PM

Review by Denise22:

I picked this drug up from a pharmacy in Europe and LOVED IT ! Of course here (in the USA) U need a Rx but, its well worth it! Love it! Better than Allegra, Claritin or anything else I've tried so far! And my allergies on a scale of 1 -10 are a 12~

May 21, 2008 9:04 AM

Review by hmartin0826:

This is the best med for Allergies ever! It will cause some sleepiness, so I wait until I'm at work, take the XYZAL, and drink one cup of coffee. Talk to your allergist about this stuff!

May 1, 2008 5:21 PM