User Reviews for Lupron

4.3
Breast Cancer, Adjuvant 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Lupron reviews 40 reviews 4.6

Reviews for Lupron

For Uterine Fibroids "I was given 7 monthly injections of Lupron, given to me at my PCP's office each month. This was done for the fibroids I had and for the fact that I was on a plan to have an entire hysterectomy at the end of that 7 months. I bled very little really, but overall thats about the best thing I can say about that drug After every injection I was an emotional basketcase before I could even get back to my car from the doctors office--emotional to the hilt. I'd go home and then...become lost in my own surroundings in my own home. I would not recommend anyone who's planning on having a hysterectomy to use this 'pre-surgery' drug. Ever. I mean, its hard enough to have to get a hysterectomy to begin with, then make it harder on yourself?"

Ms. No-Research (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "This is pure poison, I have very bad side effects from this poison and the doctor said he can do nothing, the physical and mental pain is so bad , hot flashes, very high blood pressure, head aches every day, pain urinating, joint pain, mental confusion , brain fog, memory loss, total itchy all over, sleeplessness , very bad fatigued, and a lot more, my doctor never told me anything about this poison just injected my with a 6 month supply, at 6,000.00."

albert owens (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Nov. 2012 I had a double lung transplant. July 2014 I was told I had prostate cancer (this after several PSA's that never dropped below 4. My last was in the high thirties and I had had 3 biopsies). Had a radical surgery in November which included nerve scraping and removal of 11 lymph nodes. Post surgery I had no radiation but did have the long term Lupron injections twice. I was cancer free for a year and now it is back. Started Lupron again and the side effects are already out in full force (after 4 days). Because of my compromised immune system and the medications I must take for life and kidney issues as a result of the lung transplant I worry that the Lupron will not work. What would be an alternative treatment?"

WHEEZERWILL (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with endometriosis and polycistic ovaries when I was just 16 years old. I'm now 22 and I've gone though 9 birth control pills and 9 different gynos. I had a laporoscip surgery when I was 17, which removed scar tissue and large cysts from my ovaries. After the surgery I was on birth control (seasonique which is wonderful for endometriosis) and up until a year ago I haven't had many issues with pains. I started to get the pains again, along with bleeding for 3 months on birth control, so I went ahead with Lupron. After reading up on it, I was hesitant, but moved forward. It stopped the bleeding, but the pain is still there and now my joints ache every day and also depression and suicidal thoughts are always there. Do not do it"

cakeandbacon March 2, 2016

For Endometriosis "I took it 8 years ago for fibroids, cysts, and severe endometriosis. I was on Lupron for a year after trying other options. I had hot flashes and joint pain, plus a lot of the other symptoms mentions. Calcium and Vit D helped with joint pain. The symptoms remained consistent while I was on the Lupron, however even with the side effects, the year that I was on Lupron was the best I have ever felt. FINALLY no more debilitating pain. I got pregnant after the 6 month weening off period and had two kids. If endo is an inconvenience for you, maybe not the best drug. If endo is ruining your life, some side effects and symptoms are worth getting your life back. I am on it again and grateful that there is something out there that gives me relief"

Trying again (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis after my 1st laparoscopy in june 2015. Following my 1st surgery i started Lupron injections in hopes to slow the endo growth. I had 3 rounds of Lupron causing terrible side effects which included but not limited to: fatigue, night sweats, mood swings, joint pain, severe abdominal pain, lack in sex drive, natural lubrication, anxiety.. Dec 2015 my 2nd laparoscopy and 6mths of Lupron left me with stage 3 Endometriosis. Doc wanted to continue with 6 MORE months of Lupron and another surgery. I declined such offer. I am very unhappy with how this drug effected my life.My body will never be the same after Lupron. Dont take this drug."

pose (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer involving bones. PSA was 130. Gleason score is a pair of bad 7s (4 3) and a pair of 8s. Also undergoing chemo with docetaxel. I've had 4 of 6 scheduled treatments. I also have xgeva injection monthly and lupron quarterly. I've had one lupron injection and 3 xgeva injections. After 42 days PSA dropped to 2.9. Three weeks later it was .7. That's a 98% drop each time. Was urinating 12 times a day about 4 to 6 ounces at a time and storing 9 ounces all the time. First treatment was docetaxel, xgeva and lupron on same visit. Relief was almost immediate. Eliminating 12 to 14 ounces now 4 to 5 times a day. Also take prednisone twice a day until chemo is done. Side effects have been fairly nominal."

Tarheel82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Doctors just give it out like cough medicine. I have a from of muscular distrophy , lupron almost killed me and the doctors did not know what to do. 11 years later I am still having side effects from the synthetic hormone. doctors should realize that one size does not fit all."

Inspector ll (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "Received a 3 month injection 8/20 for heavy bleeding due to fibroids. Did not stop bleeding/spotting until middle of October. Now I need another dose and the price jumped from $10 (promo fee) to $1,100- $3,000. Needless to say I cannot afford the next round. Also had a headache for full 3 months. However, my doctor said it did shrink my fibroid enough to get the ablation I need."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

For Endometriosis "This drug should be taken off the market, It kills your immune system and the side effects never wear off. I had three injections in 2002 and am still suffering from what has happened to my body. The joint pain and hot flashes are unbearable. This medication has robbed me of enjoyment of life. It's only purpose is money for Big Phar and ease of surgery for the doctor. No Benefit to the patient at all. Do not take this, it will ruin your life."

cj200220022002 November 22, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Stage 2B prostate cancer. Proton beam therapy coupled with six months on Lupron. Dreaded getting the second 3-month shot. Side-effects: Almost total loss of libido and sexual function within 30 days--lasting for several months post usage; debilitating hot flashes (2X/hour, 24/7); 15 pounds of weight gain; 50% increase in cholesterol under same diet; dangerous liver impact (GGT > 130) w/o alcohol use; significant breast growth."

Etienne1 October 31, 2015

For Endometriosis "I've recieved my first round in June 2015. Almost immediately I started experiencing side effects. Headaches, weight gain, hot flashes,constant sweating,mood swings,made my depression worse, now swollen legs and ankles also severe joint pain. This is becoming unbearable and I'm rethinking doing the next cycle. It's help with my endometriosis, which I'm happy about but these side effects are a...."

Mauya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

For Endometriosis "I've been on lupron twice in 6years. The first time was 2008 & I didn't experience any symptoms. I was extremely happy about that. Like most of you reading all the side effects had me a little on edge. The second time my doctor suggested that I get on it (Dec2014) I agreed with no problem.. Hoping that will be the same experience as the first time.... Ohhhhhh but it wasn't, I had hot flashes, night sweats & weight gaining. I couldn't wait until those 6months were over.. Unlike the first time 3 months off lupron my cycle started & 2weeks later two cyst 7.5cm... I was devastated & in so much pain & b4 you knew it I was having surgery.. I'm 2days fresh out the hospital on lupron again... I pray this time I have a different outcome."

Miss Nana July 12, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Have been getting monthly Lupron 7.5 mg injections since July 2014 (just had my 8th injection). No hot flashes; some mood swings and I recently started having arm and leg cramps a few times a week. Taking Casodex 50 mg daily as well, so it's hard to know which to blame. PSA was 205 when I started these meds and is now 0.03. I believe the complete lack of hot flashes may be due to receiving the monthly vs 3 or 6-month injection dose. I hope this information helps others."

WWII Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Prostate removed - huge 350 cc- Gleason 7, PSA 15, radiation for 8 weeks, Lupron every 3 months for one year, every 6 months for the next year and a half. PSA has been less than 0.01 since initial radiation. Weakness, memory problems and hot flashes but no cancer. Treatment is worth the side effects. I feel very lucky. "

Rustymart (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

For Endometriosis "So far not any significant changes. Still feel terrible, back pain, legs ache, upset stomach. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

For Endometriosis "I received my first shot June 18 and thought I made biggest mistake of my life after reading several blogs. After a couple of weeks to my surprise, I felt good. I did have hot flashes, vaginal dryness and joint pain, but went away eventually. Had my second shot Sept 18, currently having hot flashes and joint pain"

Jennifl October 6, 2014

For Prostate Cancer "Had my first Lupron shot before 45 days of radiation. Having hot flashes,muscle and joint pain but not too bad. Doing the shot every 3 months. Psa went from 11.5 to 0.1. Next shot coming up in couple weeks. Don't have a problem with the shot or after having it. I think Lupron has been helping me, but everyone has different experiencies with it. Good luck to all you prostate cancer people."

olscout September 17, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Third shot of Lupron and suffering a lot. Joint pain and depression. But doctor does not agree it has side effects."

Annie5 September 10, 2014

For Prostate Cancer "I was 50, had my prostate removed then let it go at 55. Had a PSA above 400, my weight dropped to 105lbs thought I was going to die then had 15 radaiaton treatments and started Lupron shots. PSA dropped, I came back to life now I an 63 still getting Lupron shots every 6 months sure there are some side effects but its better than being dead if you have cancer. I hope something works for you."

walking dead....... (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Endometriosis "My daughter(19) was given Lupron immediately after surgery to remove endometriosis.. The doctor came to us right as she was in recovery and said she was giving her Lupron to suppress the cause. No explanation of side effects...how I regret it. She had to leave college...and the pain, weight gain, lack of concentration, etc have been traumatic for us all. It takes YEARS to get this out of your system! I regret EVERY day that I let this happen to my daughter. I should have asked the questions, but I trusted the doctor."

Mom with regrets! (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2013

For Endometriosis "I was given the three month injection in July 2012, with no mention of the potential side effects. I have been off lupron for over one year and still have debilitating bone/joint and muscle pain. I have had significant hair loss, short term memory problems and depression. My physical disabilities mean I will probably have to give up work. It is disgraceful that this drug was given to me with no discussion around these life changing side effects. I'm worse now than before I started!!"

Mrs Murf (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "Have been on Lupron for about 2 years and my stage 4 prostate cancer is now in remission. My prostate cancer specialist gets all the credit and kept side effects to a minimum with the help of other meds and supplements. I recommend Lupron."

Conmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with fibroids twice, ovarian cyst 8cm big, and endometriosis. I'm going to take my third dose in two weeks and I was prescribed this medicine for six months. Pros- after the first injection no periods! 5 months without a period was right up my ally being I had been bleeding so much for so long, I needed the break. Cons- If you eat salty food or heavy carbs you feel like you are going to throw up. Hot & cold flashes, sweats, stiff joints, joint pain, headaches, sleeplessness/severe insomnia, dry skin & dry eyes. I could go on, but I'm doing this to rid myself of ongoing bleeding, pain, and infertility. It's worth it to stick it out if it really works, I don't know if it does yet, but I know I'm not bleeding."

FutureMomHopefully April 17, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "I have been on Lupron for two years. I got my last shot in December. It has kept my PSA under .03. Can't wait to see if it is still that low after 3 months! You learn to live with the side effects."

1968gto (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate