Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lupron

Learn more about Lupron.

Lupron review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Reviews for Lupron to treat Prostate Cancer

Review by walking dead....... (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

I was 50, had my prostate removed then let it go at 55. Had a PSA above 400, my weight dropped to 105lbs thought I was going to die then had 15 radaiaton treatments and started Lupron shots. PSA dropped, I came back to life now I an 63 still getting Lupron shots every 6 months sure there are some side effects but its better than being dead if you have cancer. I hope something works for you.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2014 2:07 PM
Review by Conmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Have been on Lupron for about 2 years and my stage 4 prostate cancer is now in remission. My prostate cancer specialist gets all the credit and kept side effects to a minimum with the help of other meds and supplements. I recommend Lupron.

October 2, 2013 9:34 PM
Review by 1968gto (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I have been on Lupron for two years. I got my last shot in December. It has kept my PSA under .03. Can't wait to see if it is still that low after 3 months! You learn to live with the side effects.

February 26, 2013 9:54 AM
Review by blessedhighfavor (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I got this shot about two years ago. I was told by the urologist that it was a one month shot. I had the shot becaue we wanted some time to research and decide what treatment would be best. Found out later that it was a 3 month shot! Suffered severe side effects! PSA dropped from 13 to 7, but the side effects were NOT worth it! Hot flashes with some of them causing me to nearly pass out were often (20 a day), memory problems, muscle/joint pain and on and on! Once, while teaching I suddenly didn't know where I was or what I was doing! After radiation I was recently put on Trelstar on a MONTHLY basis, nearly the same side effects but NOT the really bad ones!

December 18, 2012 10:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My cancerous prostate was removed when I was 65, 6 years ago. I receive a 22.5 mg Lupron injection about every 3 months. My PSA decreases each time from about 2 to undectable. The injection area is sore for 2-3 days after each injection. I have perhaps a dozen relatively minor hot flashes daily. I take 4 venlafaxine hcl 75 mg tablets daily to curtail hot flashes.

June 11, 2012 5:42 PM
Review by mdo333: User Rating:

Had 1st shot 11/10/11, PSA was at 182, tested 3 weeks later, PSA had dropped to 3.3. Have prostate, metastatic bone and lymphatic cancer. This combined with radiation therapy, greatly improved my mobility (pelvis, hips fully involved, as well as on and inside spine). Side effects are hot flashes and night sweats, but other than that manageable for the relief I've gotten.

January 4, 2012 10:48 PM
Review by Inline Don: User Rating:

Recently received my first Lupron injection. Within one week my PSA dropped from 69.7 to 11. I have not noticed any severe side effects a of today. I am also starting Alendronate Sodium tablet for healthier bones.

December 30, 2011 12:03 PM
Review by Mikeymini: User Rating:

Got a shot of it on Friday, some soreness on Saturday; but saw immediate results of reduced urgency to void every hour, sometimes 4-5 times per hour, depending on consumption of liquid. Some sensitivity to right side of groin and scrotum. Seemed like it might be some blockage in semen tubing or possibly the medication impacting the two lymph nodes that showed some cancer invasion. Now it is Tuesday evening and the sensitivity on the right side groin is minimal. It is really amazing how fast the medication impacted the symptoms. I got a 3 month shot and expect to do a blood draw in 6 weeks to evaluate the impact on the PSA levels. So far so good.

October 18, 2011 11:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Second injection started night and day sweats. This has increased to every 2-3 hrs during the day - less frequency at night. Dropped my PSA from 30 to .07 post prostate removal. Time on medication - 6 months.

April 18, 2011 11:43 PM
Review by clauscn: User Rating:

I have been receiving Lupron or Eligard every 6 months for ten years to help reduce the growth of prostate cancer. Early research reports indicated that one side effect might be peripheral neuropathy. That started to develop in my feet shortly after I was put on Lupron. Loss of bone mass has also been associated with Lupron. I have begun taking 1200 units of calcium VitaminD each day. My PSA scores have all continued to be below .1. I have no major complaints, and have learned to live with the side effects.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2009 5:16 PM
Review by DonAlonso: User Rating:

While I do believe it has lengthened by life, the side effects are difficult to deal with. I am extremely sun sensitive, also have a rash on my wrists that doesn't go away.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2009 4:53 PM