Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Eligard

Learn more about Eligard.

Reviews for Eligard to treat Prostate Cancer

Review by BarryL:

I was given my first injection with Eligard on December 1st 2010. I started to have bone pain a little before this and a PSA of 116. It took control in about 2 days and the pain went. As I decided to wait until the pain returned (to see how long it would last) I had to have another one 6 1/2 months later. My PSA dropped to 0.17 the first time and 2.6 the second (where it is now). I will take a 3rd one in 5 months time and see if it goes beyond the 4 months for the 30mg to have effect. The date is 8th December 2011 and the 3rd one is due in March 2012.

December 7, 2011 8:46 PM

I was given two injections of Elgard before beginning radiation therapy. Following the 48 radiation treatments, I am still being monitored by my oncologist and urologist. My last PSA was 0.01. The side effects of hot flashes, lethargy, and muscle weakness are where I am today, although at my age, 79, I can't complain. The first of the injections was in April of 2008 and the second in August. Radiation began in early September 2008 and ended at end of October. It was determined that I am not a candidate for Androgel as there is a possibility of developing cancer again. So, as you read from the preceding paragraph, I'm lucky to have passed my first year without problems.

January 3, 2010 12:55 PM