Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Toradol

Learn more about Toradol.

Postoperative Pain 12 reviews 5 medications

8.1
Pain 78 reviews 913 medications

7.7
Summary of Toradol reviews 90 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Toradol

Review by clittle14 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Greatest medication I have ever taken. I suffer from severe headaches & migraines that I have endured for at least 25 years now. Up until today I never experienced anything that gave me 100% relief from the pain, and it was delivered very quickly! Within 1 hour or less, I had complete pain relief that I had been suffering from this last time for 2 whole days. I could not believe it. In fact, I did not even recall the name of the injection that the doctor gave me, so I called the office back to get the name of this miracle - Toradol. I never had ANY side effects and will forever be grateful to the doctor for using this injection on me.

July 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Review by Donna le Bête Noire (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pain: On Topamax for seizures, and Imitrex shots, and I still suffer severe migraines. 3-4 days in, I'll call my nurse practitioner, and God Bless Toradol! Less than a week ago, I had a migraine so severe, I passed out, landing face down on hard tile floor. 6 hours at the ER, a CAT scan, and having been given Compazine, Benadryl, Morphine, and an Imitrex shot, they FINALLY gave me Toradol in my IV, like I asked. Sweet relief! I'll be dipped if I can get my neurologist/PCP/nurse practitioner to prescribe Toradol tabs for when I'm at the 3 - 4 day of a migraine. I "get" how you have to be careful due to liver issues with Toradol - but they WILL prescribe a narcotic for the whiplash I'm suffering as a result!

June 18, 2014 10:04 PM

Review by Kaye45 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Postoperative Pain: I had rotator cuff and bone spur surgery a week ago. At first they gave me hydrocodone 750 and I was still in pain so they changed me to Toradol 10 mg and I still have no relief. I have been in unrelenting pain for 7 days and I can't believe no one can help me!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by Lezlu:

For Pain: I was given an injection of Toradol at an Emergency Walk-in Clinic this afternoon after spilling a large pot of boiling water all over my thighs. I was in agony when I went in; bordering on screaming in the waiting room. In so much pain they triaged me right away before even registering me. The injection was MIRACULOUS. This evening I have cooked dinner and cleaned up from it, with gauze bandages wrapped around my thighs and ace bandages holding them up. I am terrified of when the effects of the shot will wear off. I have Percocet at home but it's not as good as this injected Toradol was. This seems like the Miracle Painkiller: all the benefits of narcotics but none of the unpleasant side effects.

April 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by myssmama (taken for 10 years or more):

For Pain: I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps.

February 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Review by Leahe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations.

February 3, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Chazrose1129 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails.

October 10, 2013 11:56 PM

Review by Marciee:

For Pain: I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me.

October 5, 2013 3:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain.

August 5, 2013 3:56 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose.

July 22, 2013 5:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort.

July 19, 2013 11:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Postoperative Pain: I had an emergency C-section, and the morphine they gave me wasn't touching my pain. I was in agony. They gave me Toradol through my IV, and I finally felt relief. I was bummed that they only let me have a few doses, since it helped so much, but I understand it has a lot of possible side effects. I didn't have any while I was on it, though.

July 4, 2013 2:49 AM

Review by MedicsLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: I get the shot once in a while in conjunction with a steroid shot in my hips for possible sciatic/back pain. The burning and increased pain afterwards is well worth having a day or two of some kind of relief. Doesn't help me all the way and takes a while to fully work for me, but I'll take that over my daily pain any day.

June 18, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by Smidd1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I take this for migraine pain relief - it works well taking away what I call the " bad feeling" of having a migraine. That awful painful feeling and allows it to be tolerable as just a headache. In combination with my migraine medicine, it will take the whole headache and I don't usually have a rebound headache afterwards.

June 16, 2013 1:20 PM

Review by kellyfj:

For Pain: I first started taking Toradol when I was in the E.R. for severe back pain back in 1992. In recent years my pain has gotten worse so I was put on it again. I do not take more than about one a month due to its side effects, none of which I have experienced. The doctor only gives me ten to last me at least ten months. All I know is without it I couldn't handle the pain. After about an hour it starts to work and I feel a lot better. I only take it when the pain is at its worse and I have trouble standing or walking. Just wish I could take it everyday.

June 12, 2013 4:04 PM

Review by Sugama (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Severe arthritis in my breastbone, spine, both knees, left ankle and neck! Went to the ER after almost a week of pains in my chest, was given an injection! It burned at first but afterwards no pain, but felt a little sick on the stomach later!

June 9, 2013 1:39 AM

Review by rock garden (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I'm a Kidney stone olympian - 14 surgeries. If I don't catch the pain in time with Vicodin then I have to get Toradol shot. Upsets my tummy a little but sure beats kidney stone pain.

May 23, 2013 2:44 PM

Review by LovelyMiXedOne:

For Pain: Got injection at ER for migraine. Worked fast and took the edge off the pain. The worst part was the actual shot, intense pressure and burning for about 15 mins due to it being injected into muscle. I'll probably be sore for a few days.. otherwise effective, fast acting medicine.

May 14, 2013 10:36 PM

Review by Mdarm62:

For Pain: Toradol is the only med that takes away the inflammation in my sacral pelvic areas. I can not take oral NSAIDs. So I get injections once a week as needed.

April 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Review by Gwilly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Double hernia

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2013 11:14 PM

Review by rhondababy10810:

For Pain: I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, anti-inflammatories work a little. I was in so much pain I went to ER. They gave me a shot of Tordol and it was a miracle. Only downfall was initial burning from shot, but well worth the relief.

March 2, 2013 8:34 PM

For Pain: I have reoccurring migraines to the point it makes me vomit from the pain. Toradol and Phenergan takes the pain away. Best combination ever. Toradol takes it all away

February 26, 2013 10:57 PM

Review by JacPetty:

For Pain: I am 30 years old. I had a multiple composite spinal injuries 15 years ago. The aches and pains unbearable. I started taking anti-inflammatories about 2 years ago. I started getting injections every month of Toradol and "Depo" something. I am almost off all pain meds I mean I still have bad days but I can function again.

February 11, 2013 6:51 PM

Review by SammiWilson:

For Pain: Toradol has literally been a lifesaver! I have Cervical Dystonia, which gives me really bad migraines. Toradol usually will take my entire migraine away, and if it doesn't, it makes it manageable.It doesn't make me sick to my stomach, and it doesn't make me too drowsy, I'm able to drive home afterwards. The only bad thing about it is that I usually have pain around the injection site that lasts for a long while, but it hardly compares to the pain of the headache I had before it!

February 8, 2013 1:44 AM

Review by LeslieB127 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: This has worked very well for me for both chronic headaches and migraines. Never had a single side effect. I get injections about 2-4 times a year, when needed.

February 7, 2013 6:32 PM