User Reviews for Toradol

Learn more about Toradol.

Postoperative Pain 11 reviews 5 medications

8.7
Pain 75 reviews 908 medications

7.7
Summary of Toradol reviews 86 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Toradol

Review by myssmama (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 22, 2014 11:17 AM
Review by Leahe (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2014 10:23 PM
Review by Chazrose1129 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails.

October 10, 2013 11:56 PM
Review by Marciee: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me.

October 5, 2013 3:45 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain.

August 5, 2013 3:56 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose.

July 22, 2013 5:40 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort.

July 19, 2013 11:10 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: I had an emergency C-section, and the morphine they gave me wasn't touching my pain. I was in agony. They gave me Toradol through my IV, and I finally felt relief. I was bummed that they only let me have a few doses, since it helped so much, but I understand it has a lot of possible side effects. I didn't have any while I was on it, though.

July 4, 2013 2:49 AM
Review by MedicsLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I get the shot once in a while in conjunction with a steroid shot in my hips for possible sciatic/back pain. The burning and increased pain afterwards is well worth having a day or two of some kind of relief. Doesn't help me all the way and takes a while to fully work for me, but I'll take that over my daily pain any day.

June 18, 2013 12:30 AM
Review by Smidd1 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I take this for migraine pain relief - it works well taking away what I call the " bad feeling" of having a migraine. That awful painful feeling and allows it to be tolerable as just a headache. In combination with my migraine medicine, it will take the whole headache and I don't usually have a rebound headache afterwards.

June 16, 2013 1:20 PM
Review by kellyfj: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I first started taking Toradol when I was in the E.R. for severe back pain back in 1992. In recent years my pain has gotten worse so I was put on it again. I do not take more than about one a month due to its side effects, none of which I have experienced. The doctor only gives me ten to last me at least ten months. All I know is without it I couldn't handle the pain. After about an hour it starts to work and I feel a lot better. I only take it when the pain is at its worse and I have trouble standing or walking. Just wish I could take it everyday.

June 12, 2013 4:04 PM
Review by Sugama (taken for less than 1 month):

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Severe arthritis in my breastbone, spine, both knees, left ankle and neck! Went to the ER after almost a week of pains in my chest, was given an injection! It burned at first but afterwards no pain, but felt a little sick on the stomach later!

June 9, 2013 1:39 AM
Review by rock garden (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I'm a Kidney stone olympian - 14 surgeries. If I don't catch the pain in time with Vicodin then I have to get Toradol shot. Upsets my tummy a little but sure beats kidney stone pain.

May 23, 2013 2:44 PM
Review by LovelyMiXedOne: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Got injection at ER for migraine. Worked fast and took the edge off the pain. The worst part was the actual shot, intense pressure and burning for about 15 mins due to it being injected into muscle. I'll probably be sore for a few days.. otherwise effective, fast acting medicine.

May 14, 2013 10:36 PM
Review by Mdarm62: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Toradol is the only med that takes away the inflammation in my sacral pelvic areas. I can not take oral NSAIDs. So I get injections once a week as needed.

April 3, 2013 9:25 PM
Review by Gwilly (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Double hernia

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2013 11:14 PM
Review by rhondababy10810:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, anti-inflammatories work a little. I was in so much pain I went to ER. They gave me a shot of Tordol and it was a miracle. Only downfall was initial burning from shot, but well worth the relief.

March 2, 2013 8:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I have reoccurring migraines to the point it makes me vomit from the pain. Toradol and Phenergan takes the pain away. Best combination ever. Toradol takes it all away

February 26, 2013 10:57 PM
Review by JacPetty: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I am 30 years old. I had a multiple composite spinal injuries 15 years ago. The aches and pains unbearable. I started taking anti-inflammatories about 2 years ago. I started getting injections every month of Toradol and "Depo" something. I am almost off all pain meds I mean I still have bad days but I can function again.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2013 6:51 PM
Review by SammiWilson: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: Toradol has literally been a lifesaver! I have Cervical Dystonia, which gives me really bad migraines. Toradol usually will take my entire migraine away, and if it doesn't, it makes it manageable.It doesn't make me sick to my stomach, and it doesn't make me too drowsy, I'm able to drive home afterwards. The only bad thing about it is that I usually have pain around the injection site that lasts for a long while, but it hardly compares to the pain of the headache I had before it!

February 8, 2013 1:44 AM
Review by LeslieB127 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: This has worked very well for me for both chronic headaches and migraines. Never had a single side effect. I get injections about 2-4 times a year, when needed.

February 7, 2013 6:32 PM
Review by ReaganRW: User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I was in a vehicle accident and had a Toradol injection for pain in my back muscles. I experienced the severe side effects of blurred vision, nausea, and dizziness (I felt like at any moment I would pass out) about 2 hours after the injection. My hips also hurt for about 8 hours after the injection. My back pain has lessened, so the medication worked, but it is now on my list of allergies.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2013 9:47 AM
Review by Gave me migraines (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I took three doses in a row and started getting migraine vision then the horrible headaches, but that wasn't all. I kept getting the vision coming and going for days until every trace of that medicine was out of my system. My daughter later told me that was the same medicine that she was given and it gave her terrible headaches too. That will be on my list of allergies from now on.

February 1, 2013 12:00 PM
Review by shel lee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: The injection hurt, was a very big sting and burning sensation, I was hoping for relief sooner and longer but it did neither. I got the shot about 4 pm, was able to move my arm without pain about 5 pm and was back to hurting before 6 pm.

January 28, 2013 2:35 PM
Review by Niecie (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: I had gotten addicted to Lortab and ask my doctor to take me off it because I just hated not being in control of a medicine. I have Fibromyalgia, so I needed something that would help. After different meds, that did not work, he gave me a shot of Toradol, I was amazed when it took effect! For the first time in a long time my whole body felt pain free. You would think miracle medicine, right? Well, it was however, the side effects of constipation and upset stomach, bloating, heartburn, not urinating enough, the medicine scared me (he also gave me the Toradol pills). I have an appoinment with my doctor tomorrow and I hate that I will have to be taken off this med. If you have great relief with no side effects, it is great!

January 14, 2013 9:59 AM