User Reviews for Toradol

Learn more about Toradol.

Toradol Review Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1800 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Toradol to treat Pain

"This is my emergency migraine medicine. I am on propranolol daily, and take rizatriptan when I have an actual migraine. Once in a while, that doesn't help, and I have to go to my doctor for an emergency shot of toradol. I can have a migraine so bad that I can't open my eyes or speak, but this takes care of it in about an hour. The only side effect I experience is fairly severe pain at the injection site for about 5 days."

sisserydoo June 15, 2015

"I was dealing with a migraine of all migraines. By the third day straight I could not even brush my hair due to the sensitivity of my scalp. My physician gave me the shot in my bum and with in 5 minutes my ears, eyes, and temples were already loosing pressure. By an hour pain free and have been for the past 3 days."

FancyDana (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

"2-day migraine, ended up in urgent care. Wanted Vicodin they ended up giving me a shot of this. Waited 10 minutes for signs of allergic reaction. Pain was reduced although not gone. Left urgent care. 30 minutes later full blown allergic reaction, swelling of face. My experience, this med is not nearly as good as vicodin. Allergic reaction for me marks this as never again."

yamafx4dude (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

"I came to urgent care with bilateral knee pain that was hurting so bad, I couldn't work. They diagnosed me with PFS then gave me an injection of Toradol and I never felt a decrease in pain."

Bchkid (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

"I've had migraines for years, as you all know, they come and go. I've taken the Imitrex shot and orally, Zomig, Maxalt, among others. My family practicioner prescribes me Flexeril on top of Maxalt. Today, though, I ran out, and had to go to a clinic, and even though I fear needles, I asked for the shot. This was a migraine I knew I was no match for, as my pain threshold peaked a number of times. Immediate burning in my bottom and leg, but it did work well. I wish this were able to be prescribed"

John88 May 18, 2015

"I went to the ER w what I thought was severe kidney pain, I was in hysterics every couple of minutes. They gave me an IV of toradol and I waited, and cried, and waited, and cried. 7 hours later I was still balling my eyes out. The doctor said my organs were fine, but I have intramuscular pain. So as far as that kinda pain goes, in my experience, doesn't do a thing to help. Tho I will say I didn't experience any side affects - positive or negative"

Fifi12 May 16, 2015

"Went in to my doctor after a 3 day migraine. My head hurt so bad they had to turn the lights off in the exam room. They gave me a shot of Toradol and had me lay on the exam table for about 15 minutes. Worked great! After about an hour my migraine was completely gone. The gave me the shot in my thigh it stung for about 5 minutes. My thigh still hurts but ill take it over that migraine any day"

fuzzybunnyslippers (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

"After going to the dentist and starting on my meds from a root canal, I experienced severe pain. I was taking Tylenol 3 and Motrin with an antibiotic and could not bare the pain any longer. Went to ER and the Doc gave me a shot of Toradol and it was able to settle the pain till I see the dentist in the morning. A miracle pain medicine."

Nannue15 January 30, 2015

"Just had Toradol injection for very painful wrist tendinitis. My belly is killing me. Can't tell if my wrist is better because all I can concentrate on us my tummy pain. I am not sure it isn't worse than my wrist pain is/was. Gosh I hope this stops soon!"

Pami124 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

"I have had migraines for 40 years and Botox injections have worked well for the past 2 years but since October ( it is now January) they are starting to come back with a vengeance. I was having them every day over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and my doctor put me on a Prednisone pack for 5 days and I felt great but as soon as I quit taking it, the headaches came back. They were mild and then 3 days later I felt pretty good but got an aura, so I knew a bad one was coming. Sure enough, a bad one woke me up and it was one of the worst ones I have had in years. I called my doctor and they suggested I come in for a Toradal shot. I got the shot and in 10 minutes, sweet relief!! My arm hurt like hell for a while but who cares!"

Micabrown50 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2015

"I was on day 2 of a doozy of a migraine and ended up at urgent care. I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension which causes pretty much constant head pain, but had been non symptomatic for over a year. Up until today I would maybe get 1 migraine a month and taking Excedrin migraine would stop it in its tracks. This time it did nothing. My migraine was still going strong at 36 hours. A shot of Toradol in one hip and Imitrex in the other and I feel like a different person! Better within the hour! I would give it a ten but as others have mentioned, it was pretty darn painful when injected! Definitely a burning/stinging sensation for about 20 minutes. This was my first experience with both of these medicines but I am amazed!"

Jenn R (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2014

"Greatest medication I have ever taken. I suffer from severe headaches & migraines that I have endured for at least 25 years now. Up until today I never experienced anything that gave me 100% relief from the pain, and it was delivered very quickly! Within 1 hour or less, I had complete pain relief that I had been suffering from this last time for 2 whole days. I could not believe it. In fact, I did not even recall the name of the injection that the doctor gave me, so I called the office back to get the name of this miracle - Toradol. I never had ANY side effects and will forever be grateful to the doctor for using this injection on me."

clittle14 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2014

"On Topamax for seizures, and Imitrex shots, and I still suffer severe migraines. 3-4 days in, I'll call my nurse practitioner, and God Bless Toradol! Less than a week ago, I had a migraine so severe, I passed out, landing face down on hard tile floor. 6 hours at the ER, a CAT scan, and having been given Compazine, Benadryl, Morphine, and an Imitrex shot, they FINALLY gave me Toradol in my IV, like I asked. Sweet relief! I'll be dipped if I can get my neurologist/PCP/nurse practitioner to prescribe Toradol tabs for when I'm at the 3 - 4 day of a migraine. I "get" how you have to be careful due to liver issues with Toradol - but they WILL prescribe a narcotic for the whiplash I'm suffering as a result!"

Donna le Bête Noire (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 18, 2014

"I was given an injection of Toradol at an Emergency Walk-in Clinic this afternoon after spilling a large pot of boiling water all over my thighs. I was in agony when I went in; bordering on screaming in the waiting room. In so much pain they triaged me right away before even registering me. The injection was MIRACULOUS. This evening I have cooked dinner and cleaned up from it, with gauze bandages wrapped around my thighs and ace bandages holding them up. I am terrified of when the effects of the shot will wear off. I have Percocet at home but it's not as good as this injected Toradol was. This seems like the Miracle Painkiller: all the benefits of narcotics but none of the unpleasant side effects."

Lezlu April 19, 2014

"I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps."

myssmama (taken for 10 years or more) February 22, 2014

"I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations."

Leahe (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2014

"I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails."

Chazrose1129 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2013

"I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me."

Marciee October 5, 2013

"Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2013

"Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2013

"I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2013

"I get the shot once in a while in conjunction with a steroid shot in my hips for possible sciatic/back pain. The burning and increased pain afterwards is well worth having a day or two of some kind of relief. Doesn't help me all the way and takes a while to fully work for me, but I'll take that over my daily pain any day."

MedicsLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2013

"I take this for migraine pain relief - it works well taking away what I call the " bad feeling" of having a migraine. That awful painful feeling and allows it to be tolerable as just a headache. In combination with my migraine medicine, it will take the whole headache and I don't usually have a rebound headache afterwards."

Smidd1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 16, 2013

"I first started taking Toradol when I was in the E.R. for severe back pain back in 1992. In recent years my pain has gotten worse so I was put on it again. I do not take more than about one a month due to its side effects, none of which I have experienced. The doctor only gives me ten to last me at least ten months. All I know is without it I couldn't handle the pain. After about an hour it starts to work and I feel a lot better. I only take it when the pain is at its worse and I have trouble standing or walking. Just wish I could take it everyday."

kellyfj June 12, 2013

"Severe arthritis in my breastbone, spine, both knees, left ankle and neck! Went to the ER after almost a week of pains in my chest, was given an injection! It burned at first but afterwards no pain, but felt a little sick on the stomach later!"

Sugama (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2013