User Reviews for Toradol

Learn more about Toradol.

Toradol review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Postoperative Pain.

Reviews for Toradol to treat Postoperative Pain

Review by Kaye45 (taken for less than 1 month):

I had rotator cuff and bone spur surgery a week ago. At first they gave me hydrocodone 750 and I was still in pain so they changed me to Toradol 10 mg and I still have no relief. I have been in unrelenting pain for 7 days and I can't believe no one can help me!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I had an emergency C-section, and the morphine they gave me wasn't touching my pain. I was in agony. They gave me Toradol through my IV, and I finally felt relief. I was bummed that they only let me have a few doses, since it helped so much, but I understand it has a lot of possible side effects. I didn't have any while I was on it, though.

July 4, 2013 2:49 AM

Review by Relieved 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

Dilaudid in the E.R. and went home with prescription for Toradol after for 5 days. This worked well.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2012 10:55 PM

I have a long history of narcotic drug dependency, mainly heroin use. I went into the ER with an insect bite which was infected because I had tried to drain it myself. Don't Do That! I was given IV Toradol during my 5 day stay in the hospital. My 2nd day there I had to have surgery. Post op I took only Toradol, it did great for managing my pain. I chose not to go the narcotic route due to my drug abuse history. Had it not been for this medication, I could have very well been on the road to relapse following my surgery. I do have to mention that IV Toradol does wonders for me but when I had a prescription for the pills, they gave me awful nightmares and upset stomach along with some other unwanted side effects.

August 19, 2012 8:11 PM

I had a C-section and the first day they gave me Toradol injections. I have to say, it definitely helped the pain for me and I did not have any side effects. I was concerned about it going through breast milk while I was receiving it but I was told by the nurses not to worry. I would definitely use it again and recommend it if someone inquired about it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2011 9:56 AM

I had liver surgery and couldn't tolerate the narcotics so they gave me toradol for five days and wow it works well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2011 8:26 PM

Review by hometeam:

Awesome post surgery drug. I got to stay away from the morphine and other narcotics. You can only take it for a couple of days, but if you don't want narcotics and want to keep a clear head ask for Toradol.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2010 9:49 AM

I used this in the hospital after I had spine surgery. I used it with morphine, and it seemed to help a lot.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2010 8:42 PM

Review by wisdom tooth:

Was given this after three wisdom teeth were taken out. Can't say it made a big difference in the pain though I don't know what it would have been like without it. It was definitely not enough to stop the pain. Had to resort to the hydrocodone to withstand the pain. That was better than Toradol. So overall, not a big fan of the Toradol.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2010 8:22 PM

Where has this drug been my entire life? I had rectal surgery and used Toradol for the post-op pain. Wonderful!! Got rid of the pain and no narcotic effect. Was clear-headed and could function. No side-effects for me.

December 1, 2009 1:08 PM

I was so very pleased to have taken this pain reliever following surgery. It was strong enough to help with the pain yet I had none of the nausea and dizziness that I get with most other pain medicines.

August 17, 2009 5:26 PM

Review by appendectomy:

< 1% of Study patients complained of hallucinations. But I guess I am in that 1%. I had to get off it after the 3rd dosed. Otherwise it was a fantastic drug.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate