Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Aldara

Learn more about Aldara.

Reviews for Aldara to treat Human Papilloma Virus

Review by Kenny-advice for guys (taken for less than 1 month):

Small warts on penis - gone within a week. Side effects: redness, slightly itchy, slightly tighter foreskin. Try allergy medicines to ease itching.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2015 2:13 AM

I was prescribed Aldara for internal gw. When I finally found a doctor to acknowledge that they existed internally, they were bad. They almost looked like fingers. I say this to make the point that I had a serious case of them. I was put on Aldara for three times a week until 16 weeks. This was the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. I cried in pain for the first several weeks. The itching was almost unbearable in and of itself. I also got very severe ulcers around the treatment sight. I found it helpful to take an allergy pill for the itching and melatonin to help me to sleep with the pain. All that being said, after 16 weeks my gw problem was 90 percent gone.I was given another month's worth for the last remaining few.

February 1, 2015 1:20 AM

2 weeks ago I thought my life was over with the diagnosis. My doctor let me know I am not alone and over 70% of people have human papilloma virus, its just a matter of who's body's can fight off the warts developing or not. I have been using Aldara for 2 weeks and have only minor side effects like a slight itching which not sure if just my brain thinking its bad or if it was. Apply to only the spots that need. I almost think those who complain of unreal side effects slathered this on without reading directions. The only other side effect which was odd was the first night I applied my heart rate was 100 beats per minute which was strange. Lesions have shrunk in size ten folds. I'm just super pleased. I feel bad for those who cannot afford Aldara.

December 8, 2014 12:18 AM

Review by Freeeee:

I was extremely hesitant to use this medicine because of the price and because I had read horror stories about it online. But I was desperate because of unsightly warts, so I took the plunge. I made sure to apply with a magnification mirror and a q-tip. I can't stress enough how important it was to ONLY apply it exactly where the warts were. My side effects included swelling and itching around the affected area and some fatigue/aches. After using it 4 times, my warts were gone. Worth it worth it worth it. Just be careful not to put it on any healthy skin.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2011 5:09 PM

Review by dana1985:

You've to try it to believe it. I had genital warts (HPV) and with Aldara I'm wart-free for 2 years.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2009 3:40 PM