User Reviews for Aldara

Learn more about Aldara.

Aldara Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Human Papilloma Virus.

Reviews for Aldara to treat Human Papilloma Virus

"I am a physician and I was horrified to find HPV warts near my anus a few weeks ago. There were 3 small ones in a cluster and a slightly larger pedunculated one nearby. I went to my gynecologist to discuss treatment options. We agreed on Aldara. I have been usin a small amount 3 times a week and after 2.5 week they little ones are gone and the bigger one is almost gone. I was worried about it irritating the healthy tissue surrounding the warts because it was impossible (due to the location) to only get the medication on the warts, but I have only had mild irritation alleviated by a warm bath."

Doc2015 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

"Contracted GW and went to dermatologist who diagnosed them after one before misdiagnosed them. Had them burned (electrocuted off) and frozen. Had to return two weeks later as many more small ones had grown, same treatment again. I was then prescribed Aldara for a month, morning and night for 5 day stints (Mon-Fri). I kept up with this first week but second week I started just doing nights as twice a day seems excessive after reading everyone else's prescriptions. Things look much clearer but I got a blister which healed significantly after taking a break for a few days. This stuff takes a few days to kick in but expect to be pretty red and your scrotum to be sore if you're a guy. I'll repost in a couple weeks when I'm done my treatment."

A Guyy November 10, 2015

"9/10 rating simply because like all treatments currently available it gets rid of the symptom (warts) not the illness (HPV) I had a bout of genital warts, all spaced all over my genital area (clitoris included.) After having read about the treatment, I was so scared that I did not use it for the first 2 weeks but for me liquid nitrogen was way too painful. Remember; Everybody reacts differently, don't be discouraged. I am very sensitive to pain and have gone through this with no burning sensations, absolute no side-effects aside expected sensitivity and by the first week of use I noticed a considerable difference. Dosage: 3 times/week on alternating days e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday for 6-10 hours at night (I left it on for 8-10)"

Parisiana (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2015

"Just started with Aldara, I had 8 small tiny GW cauterized , now I am clear and no GW to be noticed. My doctor instructed my to apply Aldara if I think that a new wart is appearing and I did apply for the 1st time today. Hopefully this stuff works well."

Ibi June 27, 2015

"I found that I had some warts over my vagina two months ago, they looked bad and big. I was scared and I started to use this cream. I didn't see any result at the first treatment and I didn't have any side effect, it was really discourage. So the second treatment, I used this cream with salicylic acid on my warts. It burned my vagina like a crazy when I was using the acid, but it works! I applied the acid 3 times a day and used this cream at night. The warts started getting small and after a month, and appeared some side effect like itching like a crazy at night but they were completely gone in a month ! And now, there are no any warts on my vagina and I'm watching will the warts come back in this 3 months."

Hkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

"Small warts on penis - gone within a week. Side effects: redness, slightly itchy, slightly tighter foreskin. Try allergy medicines to ease itching. "

Kenny-advice for guys (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

"I was prescribed Aldara for internal gw. When I finally found a doctor to acknowledge that they existed internally, they were bad. They almost looked like fingers. I say this to make the point that I had a serious case of them. I was put on Aldara for three times a week until 16 weeks. This was the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. I cried in pain for the first several weeks. The itching was almost unbearable in and of itself. I also got very severe ulcers around the treatment sight. I found it helpful to take an allergy pill for the itching and melatonin to help me to sleep with the pain. All that being said, after 16 weeks my gw problem was 90 percent gone.I was given another month's worth for the last remaining few."

Anonymous February 1, 2015

"2 weeks ago I thought my life was over with the diagnosis. My doctor let me know I am not alone and over 70% of people have human papilloma virus, its just a matter of who's body's can fight off the warts developing or not. I have been using Aldara for 2 weeks and have only minor side effects like a slight itching which not sure if just my brain thinking its bad or if it was. Apply to only the spots that need. I almost think those who complain of unreal side effects slathered this on without reading directions. The only other side effect which was odd was the first night I applied my heart rate was 100 beats per minute which was strange. Lesions have shrunk in size ten folds. I'm just super pleased. I feel bad for those who cannot afford Aldara."

Anonymous December 8, 2014

"I was extremely hesitant to use this medicine because of the price and because I had read horror stories about it online. But I was desperate because of unsightly warts, so I took the plunge. I made sure to apply with a magnification mirror and a q-tip. I can't stress enough how important it was to ONLY apply it exactly where the warts were. My side effects included swelling and itching around the affected area and some fatigue/aches. After using it 4 times, my warts were gone. Worth it worth it worth it. Just be careful not to put it on any healthy skin."

Freeeee April 5, 2011

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"You've to try it to believe it. I had genital warts (HPV) and with Aldara I'm wart-free for 2 years."

dana1985 September 21, 2009

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate