User Reviews for Carac

8.5
Summary of Carac reviews 9 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Carac

Review by Nadine23:

For Skin Cancer: I have found this cream is fantastic. There is a good deal of pain when using it but it kills the pre cancer cells. Read the directions and follow them.

September 26, 2013 9:09 PM

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: I've been using Carac off and on for over a year. I did my face for three weeks, then my chest, then my back. I am now going back over specific areas of my face. This cream is amazing. It is somewhat painful and quite unattractive visually as you are going through the treatment, but the results are worth it. My skin doesn't have rough red patches of scaly skin anymore and no more discoloration. I would definitely recommend it!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2012 6:28 PM

Review by Skipkeller:

For Keratosis: Was using Efudex which had harsh side effects (redness, sewlling). Doc then switched me to Carac - in same chemical class as Efudex but milder, yet very effective for me.

December 26, 2011 1:07 PM

For Keratosis: I just finished a 14 day usage of Carac, as prescribed by my skin doctor. After the first two days my skin started to turn red, by the 7th it started to flake and the areas that I needed to apply it to ( cheeks, temples and forehead ) turned dark red, like a bad sunburn. Days 8 -14 were the worst as to pain on these areas when showering in lukewarm water or washing from sink bowl, either way I could feel a burning sensation, as well as light bleeding at some areas on the next to last day. Flaking of skin and itchy feeling now that treatment is done. I wonder how long before my skin color returns to normal. Would I do this again? Yes

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2010 5:20 PM

Review by pdxbuc:

For Keratosis: Just finished my 4 week course of Carac cream. Here is my advice. MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE! I went to Rite-Aide and purchased a large bottle of Vitamin E and ALOE gel moisturizer (nothing with alcohol, which will burn or oil, which is difficult to remove) as well as a bottle of Baby Wash (you know, "no more tears"). Only wash your affected area (mine was face and scalp) with the baby wash (doesn't dry out skin) and once the Carac has been applied, wait about 1/2 hour and begin applying the moisturizer. I used the moisturizer heavily 5 or 6 times per day. It soaked right up and worked great. Felt like a light sun-burn with moderate peeling and when I was done and I healed up in a snap.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by day14:

For Keratosis: I am on day 14 of using Carac. My face is extremely red, tight, itchy and a little sore, but I've had serious eczema in the past and this isn't nearly as bad as that was. It took about a week to show up on my forehead but then a couple more days they started intensifying on my cheeks, chin and sides of my face. It is a little unsightly but once I explained to people what was going on and that it wasn't permanent or contagious they seemed to relax. I tried Vaseline for moisturizing but that seems too greasy. Products with zinc oxide in them seem to give me relief and protect me from the sun as well. Please do not spend ANY time in the sun when using this. The doctor told me it could permanently make your skin darker in those areas!

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2009 5:06 PM

Review by MHershman:

For Skin Cancer: I have used Carac for 4 weeks. After the 1st week I began seeing flakiness, redness, burning and itching. Taking a warn shower was painful, being in a car with the heat on was painful. But I've gotten through it. Layers and layers of skin have peeled off. Underneath my skin is as soft as a baby's bottom and clear. Compared to having these lesions continually burned off, this short term uncomfortable condition was a better method.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2009 8:26 AM

Review by teraplanez:

For Skin Cancer: This stuff is working GREAT. I still have a long way to go but the results of one month of this applied daily has made a WORLD of difference.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2009 7:49 PM

For Skin Cancer: I have had great success with Carac treating pre-cancerous condition on my entire face area. The results were astounding! I am currently one week from finishing treatment on both forearm areas and looks like the results will be similar.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2009 1:11 PM