User Reviews for Hydrocodone / ibuprofen

Also known as: Ibudone, Reprexain, Vicoprofen, Xylon

Learn more about Hydrocodone/ibuprofen.

Pain 62 reviews 908 medications

8.3
Summary of Hydrocodone/ibuprofen reviews 62 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Hydrocodone/ibuprofen

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "I have used and still use Hydrocodone IBP10/200 it works for me. I take 3 to 4 pills a day for cronic pain it works good."

tsounga (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "Was prescribed following surgical tooth extraction. Worked good, let me finally get some rest, albeit after getting sick for the first dose. I get sick on the first dose of most pain meds tho, pretty sure it's common."

Radix (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "My dentist prescribed Vicoprofen for pain following a tooth extraction that wasn't healing well. I am 30 and pretty healthy, took it at dinner. Was up all night throwing up. Felt dizzy, confused and anxious. Horrible. Didn't help the pain any either."

SaraJay March 23, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "30+ years severe back pain from injuries and now severe arthritis in back and joints, especially hands at base of thumbs. In my time of pain, which stretches back to the early 80's, I've tried almost every thing available for pain. Vicodin gives me an incredible headache from the tylenol. Vicoprofen does not. Yes there are a few side effects, but for the relief I gain from using this medicine the side effects are worth the relief. I have suggested vicoprofen to my friends that have experienced headaches from vicodin and when they try it they are extremely pleased that I mentioned it. The headaches were no longer an issue."

rayoman February 25, 2015

For Pain: "Prescribed this drug following hernia surgery. Took awhile for it to kick in but when it did it worked great. Had to take every 6 hours to remain effective. Stopped taking as soon as pain got better to avoid building up tolerance;may need it again in a month or so. I'm having oral surgery."

Theodis February 7, 2015

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "Vicoprofen has helped me greatly for Fibromyalgia, there is still pain I'll have but that's not going to cure it but its helped a lot. And I seem to have pretty good energy while taking it. I don't take more than prescribed so I don't believe everyone is at risk of becoming addicted to this medication. I have never had any bad side effects with this medicine either. I only took 7.5 mg four times daily which is average. Good luck you all. Hope this post helps."

GardenWomanForever (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 14, 2014

For Pain: "I'm 33 with a torn cartilage in my knee, and tons of arthritis throughout the knee. My doctor prescribed me this because I was unable to sleep at night, and move well throughout the day, cause of the severe pain in my knee. Works good, just eat some crackers or pretzels first, before taking because of the slight upset stomach you will have."

Russ80 July 20, 2014

For Pain: "I have recently begun taking hydrocodone/ibuprofen to deal with severe lower back pain. Although, I do not use it on a regular basis... It is a blessing when my lower back problem flares up. Unlike some medications that I have been prescribed in the past (Medications that I personally decided to discontinued the use of), hydrocodone/ibuprofen enables me to perform my duties on the job without any effect on my ability to remain focused and alert. In my line of work, you can't have a misstep."

mauricetatro222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2013

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "I just had all four wisdom teeth pulled out. I was put on ibuprofen 800 mg and it did not do crap for the pain. Went back to dentist and was put on vicoprofen. I do admit it works great for the pain but only for 4 hours. 1 hour after I would take the pill, I would vomit like clock work. It also left me feeling sick all day and very very tired! After getting sick, I would fall asleep for a few hours. I dont know whats worse, being in pain with the 800 mgs of ibuprofen or being sick all day on the vicoprofen :("

dns111 October 25, 2013

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "I am usually against medicine to mask pain. I never really liked pain medicine. It was a muscle relaxer I took a few years ago that I believed led to my crooked neck and back. It sounds small, I'm sure everyone has had back pain. But I am 24 years old and wasn't living the life all my friends were, because pain factored into everything, ruining everything. I got depressed. I tried everything. I tried EVERYTHING. I am going to a chiropractor now hoping that helps. I still needed something to get me through all my days. I used to wake up in pain and just lay back down and cry. Now I can take Vicoprofen and it drastically helps more than anything. I would recommend this."

jameybb May 17, 2013

For Pain: "I have diabetes with very bad nerve problems and severe back problems and I lived in pain where I wouldn't go outside for a week at a time. I've been on Fentanyl patches OxyContin and nothing seems to work. I went to the emergency room at the Hospital and they gave me the medicine and I never felt better."

Darlene2506 April 17, 2013

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "I am 32 yrs old and have had severe chronic daily migraines/ herniated disc with lots of head and back pain ever since I was 16 yrs old. I also have a tumor on my spinal cord that causes pain as well. I've been on every pain medicine that's out there. My doc switched me to Vicoprofen 10mg 4x day due to it not having Tylenol in it. I've been on it for 2/3 months and it's working just fine. Due to me/my body having a high tolerance level because of taking pain medicines, mostly Lortab 10's for many yrs, the only thing I worry about is building up a tolerance to this as well. I can take on an empty stomach or full. I'm just thankful for the FDA coming out with this to help save my liver. Hope this helps others!"

Telle80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2013

Ibudone (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "I just started taking this medicine. I have been taking Hydrocodone with acetaminophen for pain since 2003 but recently discovered that there exists a variation with a medicine that would address inflammation in addition for pain and wondered why, for all these years no one suggested I take that variant. I specifically asked for it because I have inflammation. I take it because I have debilitating pain in my lumbar-sacral spine, in my left parietal brain, and I have IC. I also have triple major scoliosis and major depression. "

TheTrueBabyBlue January 12, 2013

Reprexain (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "Great medicine. No side effects."

Archie Bunker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2012

Reprexain (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "It does help with my pain from having trouble with TMJ, but I have been nauseous a lot lately. Usually when my jaw acts up I get major migraines and sensitive to light and even end up throwing up and having to put pressure until it goes away - but now I can take this and it goes away fast"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2012

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "Pain problems started around 2005. Waking up one night with excruciating pain, crawling on the floor to get around in morning. It got better through out the day, but it reset over night. I dealt with this my last year in high school and a few years through college till I could finally afford some insurance and see a doctor. Turns out I had a really huge herniated disc in my L-6/L-7. Scared to get a surgery, since so "young" they'd only prescribed low dose pain killers. Desperate I got surgery. Life was great since, however, I'd suffered some nerve damage. Now take the 7,5 Vicoprofen for chronic headaches due to nerve damage, and it's amazingly quick to work and slow for tolerance, though it's inevitable. I now take 2 every 4-6 hour."

CouldnotTuff It out any longer (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2012

Reprexain (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "It seemed to work as a pain medication, due to my chronic arthritis in my back with degenerative bone disease. I also have a steel rod in my right leg and other chronic illness."

fugitive August 17, 2012

Reprexain (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "Take only as need due to severe neuropathy of amputated foot. Take only when pain is severe. Does not give me headaches as Vicodin and other similar medications."

Anonymous July 16, 2012

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "It is amazing pain relief. I built a tolerance so quickly! I could take 1 and feel so much better and soon it was one and a half 7.5s and weeks later two 7.5s. Lidoderm patch and TENS unit helped some but you feel like you need the medicine so very easy to convince your body that you NEED it. Gained 10 lbs. After 3 years and some physical therapy plus Neurontin. PM doctor switched me to Nucynta. No tolerance to that yet! They have injected my intercostal nerves with cortisone to see if it was nerve damage from the back to back pregnancies. Constipation has been horrible. I need two Vicoprofen 10s every 8 hours but oh well. Some relief is nice."

Jeka Joy April 22, 2012

For Pain: "Cheap, short term only, good for a couple of hours of moderate pain relief. Taking 3-5 of 7.5/325 a day with the Butrans patch. With this combination at there maximum effectiveness brings my knee and hip pain from a 7-9 to a 3-4. Only downside of the hydrocodone is mild constipation and slight drowsiness."

TKES4 April 1, 2012

For Pain: "I have been in severe all over body pain for about 4 years now. I am only 26 so no doctor believed when I talked about how debilitating my pain was, I wouldn't even get on the floor with my 4 year old because I was not able to get up off the floor without being in excruciating pain from my body getting stiff on me FINALLY after several doctors my current doctor discovered I have fibromyalgia. Until you experience the real pain that it truly has you can not be cynical about it as I once was. I now live in pain but this medication I take every 4 hours 1 x 7.5/200 and can actually enjoy life. No I'm not COMPLETELY pain free but no longer nauseated from too much Tylenol and for bad days take oxycodone. "

A Mommy Finally January 24, 2012

Reprexain (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "I really get excellent relief from this medication. It's very hard to find, but if you are to get a prescription for it and if your pharmacy knows you well, they will reorder it, if your taking it monthly, while deciding over surgery or to continue physical Therapy. The nerve pain associated with my accident and compression fractures, and my nerves is a bit to much. I also find great relief in the lidocaine patches, another very costy form of relief, but I will pay the monies, to not suffer from this pain. It can be unbearable! "

Anonymous January 19, 2012

For Pain: "I get kidney stone's a lot and this works the best for me in my time with these rocks. And easy on the stomach!"

Anonymous December 20, 2011

Reprexain (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "Works well for my nerve pain."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

Vicoprofen (hydrocodone / ibuprofen) for Pain: "This medicine was prescribed to me before I got my wisdom teeth out due to them being impacted and causing a great deal of pain. I noticed immediately that it would provide relief for a long time(6 or more hours) compared to 800mg ibuprofen that would provide small relief for 2-3 hours. It also calmed me. I'm usually a pretty anxious guy and was nervous about my surgery but this helped get me through until I could have permanent relief. Only downside as I noticed I built a tolerance to my dose after a week."

borderlineblue August 3, 2011