User Reviews for Simponi

Learn more about Simponi.

Ulcerative Colitis 2 reviews 74 medications

6.6
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Simponi reviews 36 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Simponi

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have now just taken my 4th injection, I'm as bad as I was if not worse than when I was first diagnosed. I can barely walk, have swelling in my toes, feet and ankles, as well as my left knee. Also in my elbows, wrists, hands and fingers ... I have bad psoriasis on my scalp. I don't think this medication is very good at all and have shown no response to the previous 3 doses and this dose I have been nauseous every since taking it .. I was on Humira previously for about 5 years but I stopped responding and Embrel I had really bad reactions too ... Hoping for something new when I go back to specialist end of month"

Piparmaru (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Works Great"

Joey9876 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "Recent colonoscopy confirmed no active inflammation. Experiencing no side-effects. Painless self-injector administered very 4 weeks. The Only minor difficulties are dealing with the specialty pharmacy and properly disposing of the injectors."

Ohlz (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "Had a major flare up back in April that almost lead to emergency Colonectomy. Hospitalized for 19 days straight, was in 2 different hospitals lost about half my bodies blood and 50 lbs over 6 months time. 1st doctor put me on many of the wrong medications as the disease was too severe. Starting out on Lialda, Uceris then up to Remicade which started to work for about a week and then Prednisone which was horrible. When I was in the 2nd hospital I had another Doctor prescribe Simponi and it took a while but is working for sure. I went from 20 times a day of red to 1 - 3 times a day (clear water)."

Backfromthe Brink (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Simponi since five years ago. The medicine has been a miracle. I did notice the effect only after one or two weeks. After five years I have started to have increased pain and I think the effect of the medicine is loosing. However, Simponi has changed my life completely. From hard attacked by Bekterew, I have now been running and cycling (100 km) competition for many years."

Frode J (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Started taking Simponi in November of 2013. I got full use of one hand back and about 80% on the other in 4 days. I was diagnosed in 2002 and disabled by 2003. I've used Humira, Enbrel, and Remicade all with some success but I continued to get worse. The infusion wears off around 5 to 6 weeks. This last infusion of Simponi was my best yet. My next infusion is tomorrow 6/23/14. Really need it too."

still kickin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My rheumatoid arthritis developed about three years ago and was very severe .. very debilitating. Walked at tortoise-pace, couldn't do anything around the house. I've now been on Simponi golimumab prefilled syringes for almost that long, in conjunction with weekly injections of methotrexate and 4 tablets of Pyralin and one Plaquenil daily and really feel back to my old (now nearly 70) self. Can walk, chop wood, even play nine holes of golf again. "

Anthony jhc May 1, 2014

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis for quite a number of years. In the past 3 years it has become very severe, and has made me feel very ill, thus inhibiting my quality of life. I haven't been able to hold down a long term job because of this arthritis. I took Humira initially which didn't work at all. I then tried Simponi, with quite good results. Morning stiffness and pain throughout the day had been significantly decreased. However it seemed to wear off after around 10 days or so. I bared the usual pain for a week or so, before I injected myself again 3 weeks later, instead of four. Hopefully my specialist will allow me to take it every 2 weeks instead of the usual 4 week injections."

drewblue April 7, 2014

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Having suffered with Ankylosing Spondylitis for 10 years and with vast peaks and troughs in pain and the awful Methotrexate for 4 years with loads of side effects, I can honestly report Simponi has simply transformed my life. It's reduced swelling so well on my once sore toes I have excess skin, I'm running and active, I don't get any morning stiffness and NO SIDE EFFECTS thus far, it has cleared up my Psoriasis as well which sometimes returns towards the end of a month as you'd expect. The delivery method is far superior to methotrexate."

Craig Gunn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2014

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have had severe and debilitating whole back/shoulder/neck pain since I was 17 - I'm now 27 and have always been very active. I was given Vimovo, which did not help all that much; and although Ibuprofen did help more (though not entirely), it was more dangerous for long-term use. I had a false positive for the TB skin test - if this happens to you, ask for the TB Quanteferon test - it was $90 out of pocket, but came back with a 100% negative test result and I was able to take my first injection within that week - it's sad because I had the false positive in Oct 2013 and had to wait until mid-Feb 2014 to start on Simponi. Simponi itself is wonderful. Within hours, I felt no pain at all and had no side-effects. I can put on socks again!"

Noto (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2014

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took Simponi for 8 months before stopping to get pregnant with my son. All of my symptoms had disappeared and I was 100% flare up free. However, after having my little guy and starting the Simponi injections again I have not had any relief to my psoriasis and have experienced 2 flare ups even after upping my dose to every 3 weeks. How can it have worked so well and now not well at all. I have requested an appointment with my rheumatologist to discuss other biologic medicines."

jenniclarke February 7, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was also hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in 2011. Tried prednisone, followed by methotrexate pills, Arava and others, nothing helped. In 2012 I was put on Humira which helped a lot for a few months, but not enough. Since January 2013 I use Simponi along with 0.8 ml methotrexate injections, and it has given me back my quality of life. After 1 1/2 years I could bend my pinky finger again, wow! For me the change was subtle, but very effective. I tried alternative meds etc. after being diagnosed and didn't want to take this route, but honestly I cannot live without it. For me it works, it's a miracle."

RA user November 20, 2013

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Simponi helps me so much. I take 2 shots per month. I Washington diagnosed about 7 or 8 years after mycket first signs of illness. Ive had it very hard. I get oxycontin when i have it too hard. But all in all, simponi is The best. I got a new life with it. Works as a chef, and without simponi i would not. I live in sweden, so i only pay about $300 a year. Or else i would have to pay ALOT. like $4000 per month. The negatives with this med, you cancer get alot of crap from it. But the pain i had before was crazy. Thank you my sweet Dr."

Johan W (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in March 2012 and practically disabled by May. I couldn't tolerate methotrexate or Enbrel due to reactions. I started Simponi in October with 20mg Arava. It has given me my life back! I literally don't hurt at all most days! After nine months, I did develop a bad case of Palmer Planter Psoriasis as a side effect. Yet, I still want Simponi! That's how much it's improved my quality if life. The pens are easy to use and don't hurt compared to Enbrel. I've had no other reactions besides a shaky feeling on first month only."

LisaInUSA October 9, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking Simponi Injections for over a year now. It works better than Humira. I also take Methotrexate which has my hair coming out. I was taking 4pills every week, now I'm taking 3 pills every week. I'm 39 years old and my hair is coming out even when I just have it braided. I love the Simponi. I know when it's time to take it again though."

SLD08 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2013

For Psoriatic Arthritis "No pain after second injection. 98% clear. Only side efferct so far is nausea at times. Love this so far. Humira and Enbrel caused bad site reactions."

worked the best (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2013

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had been taking methotrexate for almost a year with moderate results. My skin cleared almost 80%, and my joints improved approximately 60%, however each time I took my medication I felt really ill for 48 hours afterwards. It was depressing. Anyway my Rheumatologist recommended Simponi. Having read the side effects, etc. I was a little apprehensive about taking Simponi, but after meeting with the Simponi nurse I decided to go with it. After two shots (2 months) I felt a big difference, my joints were no longer stiff and I was almost pain free. After the fourth shot my skin has cleared to 95% and I have no stiffness in my joints. It really is working for me."

Karl Mc May 21, 2013

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Simponi has helped my symptoms tremendously. I did not have to take methotrexate along with this. I am very happy to be almost pain free. But I do notice maybe psoriasis beginning on my scalp."

Thb March 21, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Have been on Simponi for 6 months. Works great, and within 1-2 days. Was on methotrexate for many months and it did nothing. Then tried Humira for 1 month which worked well. Rheumatologist then switched me to Simponi. Monthly injection is much better than every two weeks (Humira). Unfortunately my insurance, Health Spring, refuses to cover it. Dr. has been giving me free samples of Simponi. "

edmohring (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2013

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have narcolepsy and ankylosing spondylitis, I also suspect that I have Psoriasis on my scalp, but haven't had it diagnosed officially yet. Simponi relieves some of the pain and discomfort from the AS and I usually have no lesions on my scalp while I am using the injection regularly. I also take 5 tabs of methotrexate weekly (along with all the side medication that goes along with these). I recently came down with a bad cold and was taken off these medicines temporarily. Immediately upon missing my injection my symptoms were back. The lesions started to appear on my scalp and are pretty bad. I would say that my quality of life has significantly improved since starting the Simponi about a year and a half ago. I take one injections per month."

tngstubbs (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2013

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis now for the last five years. I'm now 40 years old and it started to hit me quite hard after the age of 18 and started treatment on Humira at 35 first. Slack medical advice and thinking that I was fully cured, I stopped my treatment within 3 months my AS came back very strong as I was now working out 5 days a week in the gym. In Autstralia if you don't keep blood checks and things within certain times they strike you from the assistance hence my specialist has now put me on Simponi and all I can say is WOW. This stuff works and works well. I did notice very small signs of AS in the 4 weeks, which disappeared on the next injection. I found I had been given a new chance to live a normal life."

Mr Lucas (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Second injection today, after first injection felt results in two weeks. I am very happy."

Anonymous September 28, 2012

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was almost wheelchair bound, every joint in my body inflamed and lots of pain walking. Psoriasis was flaring too all over. The day I took my first shot I could feel the joints loosening and pain lessening. Within 6 months I was virtually pain free and completely mobile. 2 years now and I am riding my bike 25 miles a day and combined with light treatment my skin is 90% clear."

myke99516 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2012

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I received all of the side effects. "

Anthony u November 2, 2011

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Was diagnosed with osteoporosis in 2000 and ankylosing spondylitis in 2003. I have been put on different medications for both. I have been on Simponi for about 6 months and have not noticed any improvement. It is easy to use but that is about all."

Anonymous June 18, 2011