User Reviews for Simponi

Learn more about Simponi.

Simponi review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 340 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Simponi to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Review by RA user: User Rating:

I was also hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in 2011. Tried prednisone, followed by methotrexate pills, Arava and others, nothing helped. In 2012 I was put on Humira which helped a lot for a few months, but not enough. Since January 2013 I use Simponi along with 0.8 ml methotrexate injections, and it has given me back my quality of life. After 1 1/2 years I could bend my pinky finger again, wow! For me the change was subtle, but very effective. I tried alternative meds etc. after being diagnosed and didn't want to take this route, but honestly I cannot live without it. For me it works, it's a miracle.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 20, 2013 1:50 PM
Review by LisaInUSA: User Rating:

I was hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in March 2012 and practically disabled by May. I couldn't tolerate methotrexate or Enbrel due to reactions. I started Simponi in October with 20mg Arava. It has given me my life back! I literally don't hurt at all most days! After nine months, I did develop a bad case of Palmer Planter Psoriasis as a side effect. Yet, I still want Simponi! That's how much it's improved my quality if life. The pens are easy to use and don't hurt compared to Enbrel. I've had no other reactions besides a shaky feeling on first month only.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2013 9:17 AM
Review by SLD08 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I have been taking Simponi Injections for over a year now. It works better than Humira. I also take Methotrexate which has my hair coming out. I was taking 4pills every week, now I'm taking 3 pills every week. I'm 39 years old and my hair is coming out even when I just have it braided. I love the Simponi. I know when it's time to take it again though.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 8, 2013 10:30 PM
Review by edmohring (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Have been on Simponi for 6 months. Works great, and within 1-2 days. Was on methotrexate for many months and it did nothing. Then tried Humira for 1 month which worked well. Rheumatologist then switched me to Simponi. Monthly injection is much better than every two weeks (Humira). Unfortunately my insurance, Health Spring, refuses to cover it. Dr. has been giving me free samples of Simponi.

March 18, 2013 3:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Second injection today, after first injection felt results in two weeks. I am very happy.

September 28, 2012 7:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am 3 weeks into my second dose of Simponi. Was on Enbrel for 4 1/2 yrs. with good results then it stopped working. the numerous side effects following my first dose came close to keeping me from trying a second month. this month i have had diarrhea for 3 weeks but that's an improvement over last month. joint pain, stiffness are better; but no effect on fatigue so far. It takes 6-8 weeks to know for sure how it will work. It is not possible to see results in hours or days. I have decided to try one more month since my next step is infusion mediciness.

April 9, 2011 12:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Simponi felt like it was working the first 2 months. But my flare ups are still monthly and today after 6 months, my doctor said I am getting worse, and is taking me off Simponi. I am 53, have rheumatoid arthritis since 2007.

December 10, 2010 10:12 PM
Review by jdrebe: User Rating:

I have been on Simponi since 11/09. Took a couple of months to kick-in, and seems to wear off about the 3 1/2 weeks. Best results I have ever had. Did not use with Methotrexate due to had neuropathy symptoms when I take Methotrexate. I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 18 years and I am 55 years old, been on every RA medicine, Simponi is the best for me.

August 24, 2010 5:48 PM
Review by Brian in BC: User Rating:

I started Simponi in April and have now had four injections. It worked the first night, my shoulder pain was gone and I have slept without pain since. I have had no reactions whatsoever. The drug has lasted the full month every time. In the month previous to my first injection I took 150 Tylenol 3's for the pain. In the 3 months since I have averaged 30 per month. My shoulders, wrists, hands, and knees are almost pain free with very little stiffness. I still can't work but at least I have my life back, thanks to Simponi. Methotrexate was too hard on my kidneys but I still take 20mg Arava every other day and Plaquenil and Diclofenac daily. I also take Ramipril for the raised blood pressure the drugs have caused.

July 28, 2010 4:28 PM
Review by tootie121055: User Rating:

I started taking Simponi 4 days ago after a very severe flare-up. I am 54 years old and have had rheumatoid arthritis for 29 years. I was pretty much incapacitated with the pain. Two days ago I was able to resume my normal household chores and feel so much better! I really hope the effectiveness continues.

July 13, 2010 2:42 AM
Review by lellowdais99: User Rating:

I have had two doses. My doctor (and myself and my family) are very happy with the progress thus far. I am a 38 year old mother of three and am so thankful for this medication. My doctor hopes to start weaning me off methotrexate in the next few months. I applied for the patient care plan and have had no problems with it. I picked up my first dose last month at the pharmacy without any glitches. Almost all swelling and pain is gone. I noticed that it fades a bit the last week before my next dose. We'll see how it goes this month. Still, leaps and bounds better than taking three different kinds of medicines! Thank you Simponi.

April 21, 2010 6:15 AM
Review by romeo2:

I have been on Simponi for 4 months now. Just took my 4th dose. I love it. It just plain works. No swelling at all now. I work daily, on my feet, with my hands, bending, lifting etc. Pain free is the way to be. I switched from Humira to Simponi. Humira worked well, but had some minor side effects. The Humira "pen" just plain hurts. So I used the prefilled syringes of Humira. The Simponi "pen" works great!! Painless, fast and easier to use. It allows you to hold it in your fist and squeeze to activate. It is a light squeeze, so no difficulty in using it. At least for me. It took a couple days to notice any effects, but all were positive. Doctor visits have been very good....

January 30, 2010 11:21 AM
Review by Sweet Victory: User Rating:

Well, it has been about 12 days since I have taken my first shot of Simponi. I started on Saturday, August 29, 2009. I also stopped taking prednisone that day. I feel real good. I go to the Doctor on the 23rd of September. I would like to start cutting back on the methotrexate. I will update next month.

September 10, 2009 3:56 PM

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here