User Reviews for Simponi

Learn more about Simponi.

Simponi Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 323 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Simponi to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"I have been on Simponi since five years ago. The medicine has been a miracle. I did notice the effect only after one or two weeks. After five years I have started to have increased pain and I think the effect of the medicine is loosing. However, Simponi has changed my life completely. From hard attacked by Bekterew, I have now been running and cycling (100 km) competition for many years."

Frode J (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2014

"Started taking Simponi in November of 2013. I got full use of one hand back and about 80% on the other in 4 days. I was diagnosed in 2002 and disabled by 2003. I've used Humira, Enbrel, and Remicade all with some success but I continued to get worse. The infusion wears off around 5 to 6 weeks. This last infusion of Simponi was my best yet. My next infusion is tomorrow 6/23/14. Really need it too."

still kickin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2014

"My rheumatoid arthritis developed about three years ago and was very severe .. very debilitating. Walked at tortoise-pace, couldn't do anything around the house. I've now been on Simponi golimumab prefilled syringes for almost that long, in conjunction with weekly injections of methotrexate and 4 tablets of Pyralin and one Plaquenil daily and really feel back to my old (now nearly 70) self. Can walk, chop wood, even play nine holes of golf again. "

Anthony jhc May 1, 2014

"I was also hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in 2011. Tried prednisone, followed by methotrexate pills, Arava and others, nothing helped. In 2012 I was put on Humira which helped a lot for a few months, but not enough. Since January 2013 I use Simponi along with 0.8 ml methotrexate injections, and it has given me back my quality of life. After 1 1/2 years I could bend my pinky finger again, wow! For me the change was subtle, but very effective. I tried alternative meds etc. after being diagnosed and didn't want to take this route, but honestly I cannot live without it. For me it works, it's a miracle."

RA user November 20, 2013

"I was hit hard with rheumatoid arthritis in March 2012 and practically disabled by May. I couldn't tolerate methotrexate or Enbrel due to reactions. I started Simponi in October with 20mg Arava. It has given me my life back! I literally don't hurt at all most days! After nine months, I did develop a bad case of Palmer Planter Psoriasis as a side effect. Yet, I still want Simponi! That's how much it's improved my quality if life. The pens are easy to use and don't hurt compared to Enbrel. I've had no other reactions besides a shaky feeling on first month only."

LisaInUSA October 9, 2013

"I have been taking Simponi Injections for over a year now. It works better than Humira. I also take Methotrexate which has my hair coming out. I was taking 4pills every week, now I'm taking 3 pills every week. I'm 39 years old and my hair is coming out even when I just have it braided. I love the Simponi. I know when it's time to take it again though."

SLD08 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2013

"Have been on Simponi for 6 months. Works great, and within 1-2 days. Was on methotrexate for many months and it did nothing. Then tried Humira for 1 month which worked well. Rheumatologist then switched me to Simponi. Monthly injection is much better than every two weeks (Humira). Unfortunately my insurance, Health Spring, refuses to cover it. Dr. has been giving me free samples of Simponi. "

edmohring (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2013

"Second injection today, after first injection felt results in two weeks. I am very happy."

Anonymous September 28, 2012

"I am 3 weeks into my second dose of Simponi. Was on Enbrel for 4 1/2 yrs. with good results then it stopped working. the numerous side effects following my first dose came close to keeping me from trying a second month. this month i have had diarrhea for 3 weeks but that's an improvement over last month. joint pain, stiffness are better; but no effect on fatigue so far. It takes 6-8 weeks to know for sure how it will work. It is not possible to see results in hours or days. I have decided to try one more month since my next step is infusion mediciness."

Anonymous April 9, 2011

"Simponi felt like it was working the first 2 months. But my flare ups are still monthly and today after 6 months, my doctor said I am getting worse, and is taking me off Simponi. I am 53, have rheumatoid arthritis since 2007."

Anonymous December 10, 2010

"I have been on Simponi since 11/09. Took a couple of months to kick-in, and seems to wear off about the 3 1/2 weeks. Best results I have ever had. Did not use with Methotrexate due to had neuropathy symptoms when I take Methotrexate. I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 18 years and I am 55 years old, been on every RA medicine, Simponi is the best for me."

jdrebe August 24, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Simponi in April and have now had four injections. It worked the first night, my shoulder pain was gone and I have slept without pain since. I have had no reactions whatsoever. The drug has lasted the full month every time. In the month previous to my first injection I took 150 Tylenol 3's for the pain. In the 3 months since I have averaged 30 per month. My shoulders, wrists, hands, and knees are almost pain free with very little stiffness. I still can't work but at least I have my life back, thanks to Simponi. Methotrexate was too hard on my kidneys but I still take 20mg Arava every other day and Plaquenil and Diclofenac daily. I also take Ramipril for the raised blood pressure the drugs have caused."

Brian in BC July 28, 2010

"I started taking Simponi 4 days ago after a very severe flare-up. I am 54 years old and have had rheumatoid arthritis for 29 years. I was pretty much incapacitated with the pain. Two days ago I was able to resume my normal household chores and feel so much better! I really hope the effectiveness continues."

tootie121055 July 13, 2010

"I have had two doses. My doctor (and myself and my family) are very happy with the progress thus far. I am a 38 year old mother of three and am so thankful for this medication. My doctor hopes to start weaning me off methotrexate in the next few months. I applied for the patient care plan and have had no problems with it. I picked up my first dose last month at the pharmacy without any glitches. Almost all swelling and pain is gone. I noticed that it fades a bit the last week before my next dose. We'll see how it goes this month. Still, leaps and bounds better than taking three different kinds of medicines! Thank you Simponi."

lellowdais99 April 21, 2010

"I have been on Simponi for 4 months now. Just took my 4th dose. I love it. It just plain works. No swelling at all now. I work daily, on my feet, with my hands, bending, lifting etc. Pain free is the way to be. I switched from Humira to Simponi. Humira worked well, but had some minor side effects. The Humira "pen" just plain hurts. So I used the prefilled syringes of Humira. The Simponi "pen" works great!! Painless, fast and easier to use. It allows you to hold it in your fist and squeeze to activate. It is a light squeeze, so no difficulty in using it. At least for me. It took a couple days to notice any effects, but all were positive. Doctor visits have been very good...."

romeo2 January 30, 2010

"Well, it has been about 12 days since I have taken my first shot of Simponi. I started on Saturday, August 29, 2009. I also stopped taking prednisone that day. I feel real good. I go to the Doctor on the 23rd of September. I would like to start cutting back on the methotrexate. I will update next month. "

Sweet Victory September 10, 2009