User Reviews for Simponi

Learn more about Simponi.

Simponi Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Reviews for Simponi to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

"I have been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis for quite a number of years. In the past 3 years it has become very severe, and has made me feel very ill, thus inhibiting my quality of life. I haven't been able to hold down a long term job because of this arthritis. I took Humira initially which didn't work at all. I then tried Simponi, with quite good results. Morning stiffness and pain throughout the day had been significantly decreased. However it seemed to wear off after around 10 days or so. I bared the usual pain for a week or so, before I injected myself again 3 weeks later, instead of four. Hopefully my specialist will allow me to take it every 2 weeks instead of the usual 4 week injections."

drewblue April 7, 2014

"Having suffered with Ankylosing Spondylitis for 10 years and with vast peaks and troughs in pain and the awful Methotrexate for 4 years with loads of side effects, I can honestly report Simponi has simply transformed my life. It's reduced swelling so well on my once sore toes I have excess skin, I'm running and active, I don't get any morning stiffness and NO SIDE EFFECTS thus far, it has cleared up my Psoriasis as well which sometimes returns towards the end of a month as you'd expect. The delivery method is far superior to methotrexate."

Craig Gunn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2014

"I have had severe and debilitating whole back/shoulder/neck pain since I was 17 - I'm now 27 and have always been very active. I was given Vimovo, which did not help all that much; and although Ibuprofen did help more (though not entirely), it was more dangerous for long-term use. I had a false positive for the TB skin test - if this happens to you, ask for the TB Quanteferon test - it was $90 out of pocket, but came back with a 100% negative test result and I was able to take my first injection within that week - it's sad because I had the false positive in Oct 2013 and had to wait until mid-Feb 2014 to start on Simponi. Simponi itself is wonderful. Within hours, I felt no pain at all and had no side-effects. I can put on socks again!"

Noto (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2014

"Simponi helps me so much. I take 2 shots per month. I Washington diagnosed about 7 or 8 years after mycket first signs of illness. Ive had it very hard. I get oxycontin when i have it too hard. But all in all, simponi is The best. I got a new life with it. Works as a chef, and without simponi i would not. I live in sweden, so i only pay about $300 a year. Or else i would have to pay ALOT. like $4000 per month. The negatives with this med, you cancer get alot of crap from it. But the pain i had before was crazy. Thank you my sweet Dr."

Johan W (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2013

"Simponi has helped my symptoms tremendously. I did not have to take methotrexate along with this. I am very happy to be almost pain free. But I do notice maybe psoriasis beginning on my scalp."

Thb March 21, 2013

"I have narcolepsy and ankylosing spondylitis, I also suspect that I have Psoriasis on my scalp, but haven't had it diagnosed officially yet. Simponi relieves some of the pain and discomfort from the AS and I usually have no lesions on my scalp while I am using the injection regularly. I also take 5 tabs of methotrexate weekly (along with all the side medication that goes along with these). I recently came down with a bad cold and was taken off these medicines temporarily. Immediately upon missing my injection my symptoms were back. The lesions started to appear on my scalp and are pretty bad. I would say that my quality of life has significantly improved since starting the Simponi about a year and a half ago. I take one injections per month."

tngstubbs (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2013

"I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis now for the last five years. I'm now 40 years old and it started to hit me quite hard after the age of 18 and started treatment on Humira at 35 first. Slack medical advice and thinking that I was fully cured, I stopped my treatment within 3 months my AS came back very strong as I was now working out 5 days a week in the gym. In Autstralia if you don't keep blood checks and things within certain times they strike you from the assistance hence my specialist has now put me on Simponi and all I can say is WOW. This stuff works and works well. I did notice very small signs of AS in the 4 weeks, which disappeared on the next injection. I found I had been given a new chance to live a normal life."

Mr Lucas (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2013

"Was diagnosed with osteoporosis in 2000 and ankylosing spondylitis in 2003. I have been put on different medications for both. I have been on Simponi for about 6 months and have not noticed any improvement. It is easy to use but that is about all."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

"Works good and helps mobility. you can feel it working in 2-3 days. Also the injection process is quick and pain free. Thanks for the second chance at a bearable life."

Changy January 16, 2010