User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 495 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I have been on this product since my sophomore of high school as period control, I am now a freshman in college and I still love this pill. I haven't experienced any of the negative side effects I hear so many girls complaining about with their birth controls. It helped clear up acne, I have very short, always regular periods, and I didn't experience any weight gain from this pill. I'm also not pregnant, highly recommend this pill."

Mae534792 September 16, 2013

For Birth Control "Loestrin Fe 24 has worked wonderfully for me. I am 23 and 127 lbs and have had no side effects. No weight gain, lighter period, no mood swings/depression and no pregnancies. "

Megan314 August 28, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on LoEstrin 24 for about 2 years now. In the beginning I had A LOT of mood swings and would cry a lot, but that's normal for the first couple of months while your body is getting used to the hormones. After that I was fine felt great! My period used to be really painful and I'd bleed heavy for at least 5 days, and it went down to 2 days really light. I did experience slight weight gain but nothing serious. "

Anonymous August 24, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 2 years now and I love it. It is the only birth control I've ever been on and it has not made me gain weight or any of the "usual" side effects. The only thing I can say is I don't like is that I don't get a period every month. It comes about every 3-5 months. Which sometimes can be very frightening when you have an accident and sometimes birth control does fail but luckily Loestrin 24 hasn't failed me yet."

Taranicole August 20, 2013

For Birth Control "I have a new found love for this birth control after switching from it to Seasonique to get out of having a period every month. The Seasonique made me gain weight and I broke out horribly. Been back on Loestrin a week and the weight is gone, my face is back to normal, my poor breasts are coming back (this birth control makes my breasts go up at least a cup size, awesome side effect). Beside the breast growth it has also not failed me as a birth control method, I'm always sure to take it exactly on time every day."

faunachic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about two years, and it's been perfect. My periods have gone away, I usually bleed for a couple of days a month which happens during the last two days of the iron pills. I have no cramping at all, no more mood swings. I used to have VERY heavy periods and this is heaven compared to before. A warning though, you will get brown discharge sometimes if your period isn't as often or heavy. I've been on three different birth control pills and this is the only one where I haven't gained weight, acne, or cramps."

Kmkirby91 July 31, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 4 months now and it's great. My period lasts only like 3 days on the sugar pills, experience barely any cramping. The only downside for my body was that this pill makes you spot on and off so I keep having to wear a panty liner and it makes me really emotional like I cry over everything and I was never that sensitive. I haven't gained that much weight but I will say it makes me have an appetite like a man! It cleared up my acne too. I do recommend this pill."

deannaaaaaaaaa July 28, 2013

For Birth Control "I have tried many pills and this one was better than the rest but I am switching because I get terrible migraines. On this pill I was getting 16-20 days of migraines even though this has the lowest, constant dose of estrogen. Multi-phasic pills gave me 20-25 days of migraines. I switch to an intrauterine device and had 1-2 days but I don't want to deal with the cramping again so I am going to try something else. Good Birth Control but bad for migraines."

MigrainesSuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2013

For Birth Control "Though expensive (I can usually find a coupon), I love this birth control! I noticed no weight gain or breakouts...it actually cleared up my skin. Very short periods (4 days of inactive pills) usually last 2 days. Recommended for sure, if covered by insurance or have the money."

SDunn91 July 2, 2013

For Acne "No mood swings which was excellent! But I have been breaking out in places I didn't know I could actually get pimples. I mean, I have a pimple on my thigh. Been on it for three weeks and after the first week started breaking out and it just never stopped."

1stTimer May 28, 2013

For Birth Control "I never got pregnant taking Loestrin 24 Fe, so it was successful at doing its job, however, there were a few side effects. I actually lost weight while taking it- since that was my aim. But, it did make me very emotional and very sexually interested. Also, I spot bled throughout the entire month. I would typically just wear a panty liner every day- kind of annoying. That's why I give it a 7/ 10- it was effective at doing what it was supposed to do, but it certainly did not improve the overall quality of my life."

Bev21608 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2013

For Birth Control "Love this pill. I was on it for 2 years and decided to try other ones that were cheaper. Bad mistake! I never had any side effects from Loestrin it was just pretty expensive. But after trying other ones this one is the best out there. No bad acne. Short periods. No depression. No weight gain which was great because as soon as I left Loestrin I gained 15 lbs on my new pill. Horrible! I love, love this pill and am willing to pay 45 bucks because it makes me feel good!"

Tynk (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2013

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Just started taking my second pack. Already amazed with the results. First month, my normally HEAVY (pad and tampon change every two hours) period was so light, I only had to wear panty liners. I am no longer in crippling pain. The first month was a little tough but the pain was nothing like it was. I feel a little sick every now and again. I haven't experienced any weight gain, just a lot of bloating around the mid section, but I bloat a lot when I'm on my period so that doesn't bother me. I assume that will change as time goes by. I don't feel excessively hungry except during the time that would have been my period. I have noticed my breasts have grown, not mad at that!"

Stacky flapjacks (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2013

For Birth Control "I started Loestrin 24 about a year and a half ago. I initially gained about 10 pounds and have consistently continued to gain weight. I look bloated most of the time and have also gotten cellulite, even though I am only in my twenties. I constantly have an appetite and even though I exercise regularly, I cannot seem to lose the weight. However, the bright side is that my periods are non-existent and I don't have cramping."

bpquenn April 4, 2013

"I was on Loestrin 24 Fe for about 3 months. I just stopped taking it didn't even finish the pack. I noticed I was eating A LOT more, constant appetite. I step on the scale to see I've gained about 20lbs never before had I ate like that. My breasts as well got noticeably bigger. My emotions were up and down horrible mood swings and depression as well. I would have no cramping barely any bleeding which was great since I was used to such bad cramping and heavy periods. I've been off for about 4 days now and I just got my period and the terrible cramps have started."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin 24 for about 3 years. I switched because I could no longer get the coupon and it was too expensive. Initially, I noticed some stomach pain, but I have endometriosis which could have caused that. My periods were non-existent after the first year. I went the entire year without a period. I did not have mood swings until I switched to Loestrin 10. Over the past few years, I have had consistent weight gain, without changing my diet or exercise routine. I am not sure if that is due to the medication or an underlying problem. I did not notice any breast tenderness/swelling until I switched to Loestrin 10 either. I have now switched to Generess and am on my 4th day. Extreme nausea. I may just pay the $50 for Loestrin 24 every month."

Steph05381031 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2013

For Birth Control "I started Loestrin 24 to regulate my periods. But I didn't like being on the pill, I gained weight, had mood swings, and lost my sex drive. I always felt bloated and it was so uncomfortable. The only good thing that came from taking this pill was that after I stopped taking it my periods stayed consistent."

Loestrin User (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2013

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control, my first go round! Off of it for a year then back on it for 6 months. Off it again because it started giving me horrible sinus infections (is a stated side effect). Wish it didn't since its the perfect birth control. Just didn't work out for me. Definitely would recommend!"

LennyGr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2013

For Endometriosis "I've been on Loestrin 24 FE for two years now. I have a moderate case of endometriosis and this has been fantastic. The first two, maybe three months on it were a little iffy- I experienced nausea and emotional problems, but significantly less pain. Everything's been peachy ever since. I only need to take one or two Midols to get through each period."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2013

For Birth Control "I just started taking the pill almost two months now and aside from certain downsides I like it. My periods are so little its basically only spotting and I no longer have any cramps, which I am thankful for because prior I could barely move in peace with them. Only things that are deeply disturbing is the weight gain that I gained in such a small period of time also my breasts have become increasingly sore at all times of the day. I have mood swings every now and again and in the beginning I would get depressed very quickly but that didn't last long. Hope it works for you"

AlexiaCamille (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin for a year and I loved how light my periods were and how much less my cramps were. Within a month of not taking it, I could tell what a difference it made. My acne didn't really change much. I will say though that it did mess with my mental status. At random, I would get depressed for little to no reason. Then at my most recent doctor appointment, I was shocked to realized I had gained around 20 lbs. I had become well aware of my constant bloated stomach but I had no idea I had gained so much. I loved how light Loestrin made my cycles but I won't take it due to all this weight retention. I've even been working out more than before I started the pill!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2013

For Acne "I've taken Lo Loestrin Fe for about 2 and half years now. I am very prompt about taking it everyday at the same time. I never forget to take it. I rarely had acne before I went on but I do still normally as before the pill get an occasional zit, nothing too bad. My period is off every other month though. Sometimes it 3-4 days and other times just 2 days. My period prior to the pill was heavy and a full 7 days so that's why I first got put on the pill."

Yolay January 19, 2013

For Menstrual Disorders "Loestrin is VERY effective as a contraceptive. However, I am on the pill because of irregular and painful periods. The pill is good but what bothers me is that my monthly cycle, though tolerable, is COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. The first few months i had a period, short and light. Then my period disappeared, and I thought i was pregnant. My doctor told me this is normal with this pill. After two or three months of no period it came back preceded by cramping and severe nausea -- I thought I was pregnant AGAIN! The number of days between periods is not consistent. This cycle I was exhausted, nauseous and moody a week and a half before the bleeding began. Now I am having nausea though physical symptoms usually disappear a day or two of bleeding."

Slightly frustrated January 15, 2013

For Endometriosis "I am 52 years old I have endometrosis and have been on Loestrin for many years. I take it continuously to keep from flooding and cramping. Not having a period is wonderful. "

Holbrooks (taken for 10 years or more) January 2, 2013

"I have been taking Loestrin 24 for a little over a year now. Everything about it was almost great. I have short light periods, no spotting, and mood swings are pretty low. The biggest downside to Loestrin is that I gained 20 pounds while on the pill. I'm switching to Alesse after my last pack is finished."

Anonymous January 2, 2013