User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 192 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 483 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Review by bpquenn: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started Loestrin 24 about a year and a half ago. I initially gained about 10 pounds and have consistently continued to gain weight. I look bloated most of the time and have also gotten cellulite, even though I am only in my twenties. I constantly have an appetite and even though I exercise regularly, I cannot seem to lose the weight. However, the bright side is that my periods are non-existent and I don't have cramping.

April 4, 2013 3:28 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): I was on Loestrin 24 Fe for about 3 months. I just stopped taking it didn't even finish the pack. I noticed I was eating A LOT more, constant appetite. I step on the scale to see I've gained about 20lbs never before had I ate like that. My breasts as well got noticeably bigger. My emotions were up and down horrible mood swings and depression as well. I would have no cramping barely any bleeding which was great since I was used to such bad cramping and heavy periods. I've been off for about 4 days now and I just got my period and the terrible cramps have started.

March 22, 2013 10:49 AM
Review by Steph05381031 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Loestrin 24 for about 3 years. I switched because I could no longer get the coupon and it was too expensive. Initially, I noticed some stomach pain, but I have endometriosis which could have caused that. My periods were non-existent after the first year. I went the entire year without a period. I did not have mood swings until I switched to Loestrin 10. Over the past few years, I have had consistent weight gain, without changing my diet or exercise routine. I am not sure if that is due to the medication or an underlying problem. I did not notice any breast tenderness/swelling until I switched to Loestrin 10 either. I have now switched to Generess and am on my 4th day. Extreme nausea. I may just pay the $50 for Loestrin 24 every month.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2013 6:32 PM
Review by Loestrin User (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started Loestrin 24 to regulate my periods. But I didn't like being on the pill, I gained weight, had mood swings, and lost my sex drive. I always felt bloated and it was so uncomfortable. The only good thing that came from taking this pill was that after I stopped taking it my periods stayed consistent.

March 12, 2013 12:01 AM
Review by LennyGr (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I loved this birth control, my first go round! Off of it for a year then back on it for 6 months. Off it again because it started giving me horrible sinus infections (is a stated side effect). Wish it didn't since its the perfect birth control. Just didn't work out for me. Definitely would recommend!

February 27, 2013 5:30 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: I've been on Loestrin 24 FE for two years now. I have a moderate case of endometriosis and this has been fantastic. The first two, maybe three months on it were a little iffy- I experienced nausea and emotional problems, but significantly less pain. Everything's been peachy ever since. I only need to take one or two Midols to get through each period.

February 26, 2013 10:44 PM
Review by AlexiaCamille (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I just started taking the pill almost two months now and aside from certain downsides I like it. My periods are so little its basically only spotting and I no longer have any cramps, which I am thankful for because prior I could barely move in peace with them. Only things that are deeply disturbing is the weight gain that I gained in such a small period of time also my breasts have become increasingly sore at all times of the day. I have mood swings every now and again and in the beginning I would get depressed very quickly but that didn't last long. Hope it works for you

February 26, 2013 1:40 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Loestrin for a year and I loved how light my periods were and how much less my cramps were. Within a month of not taking it, I could tell what a difference it made. My acne didn't really change much. I will say though that it did mess with my mental status. At random, I would get depressed for little to no reason. Then at my most recent doctor appointment, I was shocked to realized I had gained around 20 lbs. I had become well aware of my constant bloated stomach but I had no idea I had gained so much. I loved how light Loestrin made my cycles but I won't take it due to all this weight retention. I've even been working out more than before I started the pill!

January 23, 2013 12:40 AM
Review by Yolay: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I've taken Lo Loestrin Fe for about 2 and half years now. I am very prompt about taking it everyday at the same time. I never forget to take it. I rarely had acne before I went on but I do still normally as before the pill get an occasional zit, nothing too bad. My period is off every other month though. Sometimes it 3-4 days and other times just 2 days. My period prior to the pill was heavy and a full 7 days so that's why I first got put on the pill.

January 19, 2013 12:51 PM
Review by Slightly frustrated: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: Loestrin is VERY effective as a contraceptive. However, I am on the pill because of irregular and painful periods. The pill is good but what bothers me is that my monthly cycle, though tolerable, is COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. The first few months i had a period, short and light. Then my period disappeared, and I thought i was pregnant. My doctor told me this is normal with this pill. After two or three months of no period it came back preceded by cramping and severe nausea -- I thought I was pregnant AGAIN! The number of days between periods is not consistent. This cycle I was exhausted, nauseous and moody a week and a half before the bleeding began. Now I am having nausea though physical symptoms usually disappear a day or two of bleeding.

January 15, 2013 1:08 PM
Review by Holbrooks (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: I am 52 years old I have endometrosis and have been on Loestrin for many years. I take it continuously to keep from flooding and cramping. Not having a period is wonderful.

January 2, 2013 4:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): I have been taking Loestrin 24 for a little over a year now. Everything about it was almost great. I have short light periods, no spotting, and mood swings are pretty low. The biggest downside to Loestrin is that I gained 20 pounds while on the pill. I'm switching to Alesse after my last pack is finished.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 2, 2013 1:39 PM
Review by kargat: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about five years. It's been my one and only birth control, but can't complain. Many of my friends have had to change birth control, and I always recommend mine. It doesn't make you gain weight. Your period is very very mild. From having my period for a week with severe cramping and heavy periods, I went to three days with very little bleeding and not much cramping. I recommend it! You won't regret it!

December 20, 2012 8:24 PM
Review by Reika001 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: The reason, I got on this prescription was because 1. I don't want to get pregnant and 2. My periods last for 7-8 days cramps are unbearable and there are time that its heavy its annoying and there are times I cant even sleep. Now, I've only been on the pill for 7 days. Before I even take the pill, I'm good no mood swings I don't feel nausea nothing at all. After I take the pill, like 5 hours later I start feeling nausea, moody, I just want to go to bed and sleep. What I've been reading here seems good, I hope this side affects ends soon because I really don't like the feeling but I will keep you guys updated how its working with my body, Wish me luck.

December 17, 2012 3:21 AM
Review by KitKatWeiner (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: i have been taking Loestrin since I was 16, and I am now 19. I have to say it is absolutely wonderful. I initially began taking it as a way to lessen the flow of my monthly, but it is also an effective birth control in case of "accidents". I have not gained weight, although I find it more difficult to lose weight. My period is now nearly non-existent, and lasts for maybe a day. I would recommend to everyone.

December 16, 2012 11:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on this one for several years and the longer I was on it the more tender and painful my breasts became.

December 7, 2012 9:28 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Only thing I can say about the Loestrin 24 FE is AWESOME. I have been on these pills for 6yrs now and in the beginning my period lasted 2 to 3 days and as time went on it decreased even more and went to 24hrs and my period was over. Later on it changed again and I came on and was off in 12hrs. Today, I haven't had a period at all I know in yrs. I love these pills but the only downfall is even though I don't come on I still have the mood swings, irritating moments, feeling strange, headaches etc. but at the time when my period would have been ending that's when everything goes away. I did used to worry in the beginning when I completely stopped having a period but now I know its just the way these pills are with my body.

December 3, 2012 11:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: I was on this pill for 4 months. The pros: periods were light and predictable. The cons: nausea and hair loss/thinning. After the results of the hair situation I got off of this pill.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 1, 2012 11:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): I love this birth control. I am 23 years old and have tried a total of 5 other birth controls in the past, Loestrin being the best. I am very sensitive to hormone changes, the first month I was a little moody and broke out a little. After that I had no symptoms and my face cleared up. I have now been on Loestrin 24 Fe for over a year and will never change to another birth control.

November 29, 2012 3:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: It was convenient having the diminished periods. However, when I was on this pill it put me into a horrible major depression. I had never before experienced any mental trauma or illness, and as soon as I realized that it might have been this birth control and took myself off of it I was basically back to normal in about two weeks. It affects everyone differently, but I also had found out that friend of mine was on this pill and she, too was uncharacteristically depressed.

November 26, 2012 9:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I LOVE THIS! I have been on 2 other types of birth control before Loestrin and they both made me a crazy person! I don't have any mood swings and haven't gained any weight, in fact I've lost weight! The only negative thing I have to say is I'm pretty sure that it made my breasts bigger, but hubby isn't complaining. It can be pricey if you don't have insurance, but for me its worth it because I have zero side effects. The first month I had spotting and now I get my period every month, its very light, and lasts 2-3 days. Its best to remember that every birth control is different for each individual. I was skeptical about trying Loestrin 24 when I read the reviews, but I tried it anyways and I don't regret it!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 20, 2012 5:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have tried many birth control pills and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE this pill. So many others have cause extreme moodiness, anger, and depression. This pill works great at keeping my hormones level, my skin is clear and I have had no weight gain. My period is barely anything and usually I don't even have one. I highly recommend this pill. I know everyone is different but if you have tried other and they caused you to lose your mind, try this one. The only downfall is that it can be pricey if your insurance does not fully cover it.

November 16, 2012 11:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Loestrin 24 Fe for about 2 months. I'm active and have a very busy lifestyle but this pill just made me feel like a lunatic. I felt like I was on the verge of crying all the time, really depressed, really anxious and really tired. Serious mood swings, headaches, breast tenderness, acne- it also made me starving- like Permanent PMS. I didn't want to work out and I didn't want to socialize. I gained maybe 5lbs but that's probably from not working out and eating way more. It did make my heavy crampy periods light and short and my breasts noticeably bigger. Birth Control is different for everyone, I'm very in tune with my cycle when I'm ovulating and very sensitive to a shift in my hormones. This one was just not right for me.

November 15, 2012 2:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love it! This is the first form of birth control I've ever been on. My doctor prescribed it to me because of its low hormonal content and it's been great! Started it on the first day of my period - cramps were pretty bad the first 2 days, worse than usual and my period lasted about 9 days as opposed to my regular 4 or 5 and slight headaches for about a week but no side effects at all after that! It's been great! Increased libido was just a little bonus. I was pretty skeptical at first because I read nothing but horror stories about it but so glad I tried it. Out of pocket cost is $45/month. A little steep and there is no generic yet.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 12, 2012 2:17 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am 19 years old and have been taking Loestrin 24 Fe for almost three years. I have not had a lot of problems with this birth control. It made my breasts a lot bigger, I went from a 32A to 32C and I haven't gained any weight in the past three years. I recently have been thinking about changing birth controls due to the fact that I've been having a lot of stomach issues, and this is the last thing I can think of that might be the problem. I am going to schedule an appointment with my doctor to see what he thinks. I use to have periods that lasted at least seven days and after about 3 months of taking Loestrin 24 it dwindled down to two days. I have very light periods and they are really short!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate