User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 486 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Review by 1stTimer:

For Acne: No mood swings which was excellent! But I have been breaking out in places I didn't know I could actually get pimples. I mean, I have a pimple on my thigh. Been on it for three weeks and after the first week started breaking out and it just never stopped.

May 28, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by Bev21608 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I never got pregnant taking Loestrin 24 Fe, so it was successful at doing its job, however, there were a few side effects. I actually lost weight while taking it- since that was my aim. But, it did make me very emotional and very sexually interested. Also, I spot bled throughout the entire month. I would typically just wear a panty liner every day- kind of annoying. That's why I give it a 7/ 10- it was effective at doing what it was supposed to do, but it certainly did not improve the overall quality of my life.

May 3, 2013 9:03 AM

Review by Tynk (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Love this pill. I was on it for 2 years and decided to try other ones that were cheaper. Bad mistake! I never had any side effects from Loestrin it was just pretty expensive. But after trying other ones this one is the best out there. No bad acne. Short periods. No depression. No weight gain which was great because as soon as I left Loestrin I gained 15 lbs on my new pill. Horrible! I love, love this pill and am willing to pay 45 bucks because it makes me feel good!

May 1, 2013 11:58 PM

Review by Stacky flapjacks (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Just started taking my second pack. Already amazed with the results. First month, my normally HEAVY (pad and tampon change every two hours) period was so light, I only had to wear panty liners. I am no longer in crippling pain. The first month was a little tough but the pain was nothing like it was. I feel a little sick every now and again. I haven't experienced any weight gain, just a lot of bloating around the mid section, but I bloat a lot when I'm on my period so that doesn't bother me. I assume that will change as time goes by. I don't feel excessively hungry except during the time that would have been my period. I have noticed my breasts have grown, not mad at that!

April 15, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by bpquenn:

For Birth Control: I started Loestrin 24 about a year and a half ago. I initially gained about 10 pounds and have consistently continued to gain weight. I look bloated most of the time and have also gotten cellulite, even though I am only in my twenties. I constantly have an appetite and even though I exercise regularly, I cannot seem to lose the weight. However, the bright side is that my periods are non-existent and I don't have cramping.

April 4, 2013 3:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was on Loestrin 24 Fe for about 3 months. I just stopped taking it didn't even finish the pack. I noticed I was eating A LOT more, constant appetite. I step on the scale to see I've gained about 20lbs never before had I ate like that. My breasts as well got noticeably bigger. My emotions were up and down horrible mood swings and depression as well. I would have no cramping barely any bleeding which was great since I was used to such bad cramping and heavy periods. I've been off for about 4 days now and I just got my period and the terrible cramps have started.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2013 10:49 AM

Review by Steph05381031 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin 24 for about 3 years. I switched because I could no longer get the coupon and it was too expensive. Initially, I noticed some stomach pain, but I have endometriosis which could have caused that. My periods were non-existent after the first year. I went the entire year without a period. I did not have mood swings until I switched to Loestrin 10. Over the past few years, I have had consistent weight gain, without changing my diet or exercise routine. I am not sure if that is due to the medication or an underlying problem. I did not notice any breast tenderness/swelling until I switched to Loestrin 10 either. I have now switched to Generess and am on my 4th day. Extreme nausea. I may just pay the $50 for Loestrin 24 every month.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2013 6:32 PM

Review by Loestrin User (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started Loestrin 24 to regulate my periods. But I didn't like being on the pill, I gained weight, had mood swings, and lost my sex drive. I always felt bloated and it was so uncomfortable. The only good thing that came from taking this pill was that after I stopped taking it my periods stayed consistent.

March 12, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by LennyGr (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I loved this birth control, my first go round! Off of it for a year then back on it for 6 months. Off it again because it started giving me horrible sinus infections (is a stated side effect). Wish it didn't since its the perfect birth control. Just didn't work out for me. Definitely would recommend!

February 27, 2013 5:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Endometriosis: I've been on Loestrin 24 FE for two years now. I have a moderate case of endometriosis and this has been fantastic. The first two, maybe three months on it were a little iffy- I experienced nausea and emotional problems, but significantly less pain. Everything's been peachy ever since. I only need to take one or two Midols to get through each period.

February 26, 2013 10:44 PM

Review by AlexiaCamille (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I just started taking the pill almost two months now and aside from certain downsides I like it. My periods are so little its basically only spotting and I no longer have any cramps, which I am thankful for because prior I could barely move in peace with them. Only things that are deeply disturbing is the weight gain that I gained in such a small period of time also my breasts have become increasingly sore at all times of the day. I have mood swings every now and again and in the beginning I would get depressed very quickly but that didn't last long. Hope it works for you

February 26, 2013 1:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin for a year and I loved how light my periods were and how much less my cramps were. Within a month of not taking it, I could tell what a difference it made. My acne didn't really change much. I will say though that it did mess with my mental status. At random, I would get depressed for little to no reason. Then at my most recent doctor appointment, I was shocked to realized I had gained around 20 lbs. I had become well aware of my constant bloated stomach but I had no idea I had gained so much. I loved how light Loestrin made my cycles but I won't take it due to all this weight retention. I've even been working out more than before I started the pill!

January 23, 2013 12:40 AM

Review by Yolay:

For Acne: I've taken Lo Loestrin Fe for about 2 and half years now. I am very prompt about taking it everyday at the same time. I never forget to take it. I rarely had acne before I went on but I do still normally as before the pill get an occasional zit, nothing too bad. My period is off every other month though. Sometimes it 3-4 days and other times just 2 days. My period prior to the pill was heavy and a full 7 days so that's why I first got put on the pill.

January 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Review by Slightly frustrated:

For Menstrual Disorders: Loestrin is VERY effective as a contraceptive. However, I am on the pill because of irregular and painful periods. The pill is good but what bothers me is that my monthly cycle, though tolerable, is COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. The first few months i had a period, short and light. Then my period disappeared, and I thought i was pregnant. My doctor told me this is normal with this pill. After two or three months of no period it came back preceded by cramping and severe nausea -- I thought I was pregnant AGAIN! The number of days between periods is not consistent. This cycle I was exhausted, nauseous and moody a week and a half before the bleeding began. Now I am having nausea though physical symptoms usually disappear a day or two of bleeding.

January 15, 2013 1:08 PM

Review by Holbrooks (taken for 10 years or more):

For Endometriosis: I am 52 years old I have endometrosis and have been on Loestrin for many years. I take it continuously to keep from flooding and cramping. Not having a period is wonderful.

January 2, 2013 4:38 PM

I have been taking Loestrin 24 for a little over a year now. Everything about it was almost great. I have short light periods, no spotting, and mood swings are pretty low. The biggest downside to Loestrin is that I gained 20 pounds while on the pill. I'm switching to Alesse after my last pack is finished.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 1:39 PM

Review by kargat:

For Birth Control: I have been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about five years. It's been my one and only birth control, but can't complain. Many of my friends have had to change birth control, and I always recommend mine. It doesn't make you gain weight. Your period is very very mild. From having my period for a week with severe cramping and heavy periods, I went to three days with very little bleeding and not much cramping. I recommend it! You won't regret it!

December 20, 2012 8:24 PM

Review by Reika001 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: The reason, I got on this prescription was because 1. I don't want to get pregnant and 2. My periods last for 7-8 days cramps are unbearable and there are time that its heavy its annoying and there are times I cant even sleep. Now, I've only been on the pill for 7 days. Before I even take the pill, I'm good no mood swings I don't feel nausea nothing at all. After I take the pill, like 5 hours later I start feeling nausea, moody, I just want to go to bed and sleep. What I've been reading here seems good, I hope this side affects ends soon because I really don't like the feeling but I will keep you guys updated how its working with my body, Wish me luck.

December 17, 2012 3:21 AM

Review by KitKatWeiner (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: i have been taking Loestrin since I was 16, and I am now 19. I have to say it is absolutely wonderful. I initially began taking it as a way to lessen the flow of my monthly, but it is also an effective birth control in case of "accidents". I have not gained weight, although I find it more difficult to lose weight. My period is now nearly non-existent, and lasts for maybe a day. I would recommend to everyone.

December 16, 2012 11:26 PM

For Birth Control: I was on this one for several years and the longer I was on it the more tender and painful my breasts became.

December 7, 2012 9:28 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: Only thing I can say about the Loestrin 24 FE is AWESOME. I have been on these pills for 6yrs now and in the beginning my period lasted 2 to 3 days and as time went on it decreased even more and went to 24hrs and my period was over. Later on it changed again and I came on and was off in 12hrs. Today, I haven't had a period at all I know in yrs. I love these pills but the only downfall is even though I don't come on I still have the mood swings, irritating moments, feeling strange, headaches etc. but at the time when my period would have been ending that's when everything goes away. I did used to worry in the beginning when I completely stopped having a period but now I know its just the way these pills are with my body.

December 3, 2012 11:10 AM

For Endometriosis: I was on this pill for 4 months. The pros: periods were light and predictable. The cons: nausea and hair loss/thinning. After the results of the hair situation I got off of this pill.

December 1, 2012 11:26 PM

I love this birth control. I am 23 years old and have tried a total of 5 other birth controls in the past, Loestrin being the best. I am very sensitive to hormone changes, the first month I was a little moody and broke out a little. After that I had no symptoms and my face cleared up. I have now been on Loestrin 24 Fe for over a year and will never change to another birth control.

November 29, 2012 3:29 PM

For Birth Control: It was convenient having the diminished periods. However, when I was on this pill it put me into a horrible major depression. I had never before experienced any mental trauma or illness, and as soon as I realized that it might have been this birth control and took myself off of it I was basically back to normal in about two weeks. It affects everyone differently, but I also had found out that friend of mine was on this pill and she, too was uncharacteristically depressed.

November 26, 2012 9:48 AM

For Birth Control: I LOVE THIS! I have been on 2 other types of birth control before Loestrin and they both made me a crazy person! I don't have any mood swings and haven't gained any weight, in fact I've lost weight! The only negative thing I have to say is I'm pretty sure that it made my breasts bigger, but hubby isn't complaining. It can be pricey if you don't have insurance, but for me its worth it because I have zero side effects. The first month I had spotting and now I get my period every month, its very light, and lasts 2-3 days. Its best to remember that every birth control is different for each individual. I was skeptical about trying Loestrin 24 when I read the reviews, but I tried it anyways and I don't regret it!

November 20, 2012 5:59 PM