User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Review Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 212 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

"This birth control was advised to me strictly to help the awful symptoms of my menstrual cycle stomach aches, heavy bleeding etc6 and loestrin ended up taking my period away for over a year. This although it seems amazing, did not seem healthy to me at all. I also lost a ton of hair the first month or so of going on it. My hair is still not healthy as it was before. Barely grows.. a lot drier.. I currently am off of it and it took me almost 4 months to finally get my period back again. Now that the symptoms are back in full swing.. I am wishing I never went off of it obviously.. but I am definitely afraid of going back on it and losing my hair all over again so it looks like I am toughing out the symptoms with the rest of the female race"

Ashlab94 August 5, 2015

"I was on Loestrin for about 3 months after a year on generic OrthoCyclen. Initially it was a great switch because the last one made me extremely moody, but the new one had no emotional effects. The first two months we annoying because I was having breakthrough bleeding. By the 3rd month I finally had a normal cycle, but after finishing the 3rd pack I noticed a LOT of my hair was falling out! Apparently Loestrin is a high androgen pill that can cause hair loss, and with a history of hair loss in my family I should never have been on it in the first place. Please talk to you doctor about this side effect before starting; I've lost over 20% of my hair in the last week and it may last another year."

Ces20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

"I've been on this pill for a month. I specifically asked my doctor for a low-dose pill because I have had really bad experiences with birth control in the past, from weight gain to ridiculous mood swings, PMS, to my sex drive gone, to constant spotting. I am a healthy, slim, active 37 year old. This pill is the BEST! It's like I am not on anything at all. I have not gained any weight. No acne, no mood swings, and my sex drive has increased, actually. The only reason why I can't give it a 10 is because it is a little pricey and one thing I was not expecting was the boob growth! I was already a 32dd, and I am popping out of those bras already. My man is not complaining though....lol."

Mimimini June 17, 2015

"I didn't get pregnant, but my vagina produced a ton of creamy white discharge ever and led to a yeast overgrowth in my gut, upsetting my body's overall pH. It made me anxious and I had trouble sleeping. Periods were incredibly light, like spotting, but with unbearable cramps. Not a fan of this BC."

Niki2323 June 12, 2015

"Stop reading into birth control so much ! Everyone is different and it is all about trial and error based on your needs, your body, you. I am 23 years old and have never tried birth control pills. My hormones were off and I was getting hormonal breakouts around my chin along with abnormal menstrual cycle. I was skeptical about starting to use the pill because I want a natural period and I feel like my body will respond the way it needs to without meds, but sometimes you need help getting back on track after stress, etc.I have noticed a huge change the first two weeks I was just emotional but that was expected. I cried for silly reasons but laughed it off. Overall it is doing its job. I feel better all around."

Marybeethh May 21, 2015

"I have tried several other birth control pills in my lifetime and none have ever done for me what Loestrin does. I suffer from extremely heavy periods and no other pill has ever been able to help except for this one. I get NO PERIODS on this pill. To go from being unable to leave the house for a week to NO PERIOD AT ALL is beyond words for me. Not only is this medicine effective for birth control, it also allows for a shorter period, or none at all! I love this and I will never switch to anything else."

Mommyx2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2014

"I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about four years now. When I first started taking it, I did gain about 15 pounds or so. Other than that, it has been good. My periods only last 2-3 days and they are light enough that I can wear a small tampon or a panty liner. I had three ovarian cysts burst before taking Loestrin and since I've been on it, I haven't had any cysts burst. I would recommend Loestrin, except for the weight gain."

kb217718 October 16, 2014

"It's crazy to me that there are so many good reviews, because this pill was bad for me! Every BODY is different and we all react differently...but I definitely did not have a good experience with this one. I've been on and off many other birth controls but never reacted to any like I did to this one. Within a week, I was a deranged, emotional, roller-coaster of a mess...cried over nothing for no reason, randomly and couldn't control it, almost ended my then 3 year relationship...depression to the max. Immediately asked my Dr. to take me off it and within a couple days I was back to normal. So crazy how much hormones can mess with you! You just have to find the right combination that works for your body."

g0oo0f (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2014

"I was taking this pill for several years and had a good experience with it. My periods were only for 3 days, if that. Sometimes, I hardly bled. My Dr. prescribed this to me because I had irregular menstrual cycles. While I was on the medication, my acne improved, I hardly had any breakouts, I barely experienced cramps, and I had a shortened period. It worked very well for me but apparently, they've discontinued this product. Minastrin 24 FE is apparently the bio-equivalent. I have yet to try that product or any new pills."

Denny288 March 3, 2014

"I was on Loestrin for about 6 months. Pros were that it made me go from having a 7 day moderate period to a 3 day lighter period. I also had more energy on it to work out. It worked too, for I did not get pregnant while taking it. Cons were that I gained fat only in my stomach and my bum, which was weird. It was water weight because I lost it within a month when I got off it. Also it did not help with my crazy PMS mood swings. "

Margery123 January 10, 2014

"I had tried Loestrin for about 6 months and didn't really like it! I gave it a 5 because it was an effective method of birth control which was the main reason I tried it but the one thing I didn't like was everytime I missed a pill I started my period. But the thing I hated the most was it would make me dry out during sex, SO EMBARRASING. Never again! I've been off it for about 4 months and its still happening wouldn't dare recommend it."

Whitwhit213 January 6, 2014

"The end of the month I woke up to find complete loss of vision in my left eye; only lasted a few hours. As directed, I went straight to the ER and they concluded it must have been an eye migraine. During the duration of one month of taking this pill and 6 months after, I had overall decreased long range vision. The only two plus sides to this drug was that within the first two weeks my mild acne was 100% gone and I did not get pregnant."

LoestrinUser (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013

"I take this birth control mainly for cramps, and I've been on it for almost two years. I only feel nauseous if I miss a pill and have to double up or take 2 a day. It made me nauseous when I first started taking it, but that went away pretty quickly. The plus sides I've had are: 1) light periods that usually last only 4 days, 2) I only cramp on the first day usually, but if I do any other time, it's brief and pretty tolerable, 3) I always start at the same time every month, 4) no spotting throughout the month whatsoever, 5) no weight gain, 6) and no acne. Downsides: 1) Super low libido, except for when I'm actually on my period which drives me insane. All in all, I'd say it's a good pill for what I mainly take it for."

Samh92 October 29, 2013

"I've been on this pill for 5 months, and it's pretty awesome. No horrific acne. No horrific weight gain. But then again, I hit the gym 5 days a week. In fact, this birth control makes me skip my period entirely. I haven't been pregnant, and I don't have to drop 10 bucks on tampons. Needless to say, this stuff is great."

Sara T. October 29, 2013

"I have been on this pill for 2 years. Great experience, love the size of the pills. I have 2 - 3 period days. Really minor cramps (when my period is about to come). The big difference is that my breast grew a cup or so (I love it, since my breast are small). No mood swings, appetite normal, no headaches or bad side effects. Definitely recommended."

jeffinner October 2, 2013

"I have been taking this pill for two months now and my experience has been pleasant. I experienced a lighter period the second month and my cramping was less severe. I did notice a significant increase in vaginal fluids throughout the day, and it actually increased my sex drive (not a problem in my opinion). My breasts grew one cup size on Loestrin 24 Fe as well, again, not a problem for me. My only complaint is the noticeable decrease in my appetite which I find frustrating because I am already pretty skinny. So far I've lost 5 pounds since being on the pill. My side effects are definitely tolerable though, and I'm not pregnant so that's nice, too!"

mel2503 September 20, 2013

"I have been on this product since my sophomore of high school as period control, I am now a freshman in college and I still love this pill. I haven't experienced any of the negative side effects I hear so many girls complaining about with their birth controls. It helped clear up acne, I have very short, always regular periods, and I didn't experience any weight gain from this pill. I'm also not pregnant, highly recommend this pill."

Mae534792 September 16, 2013

"Loestrin Fe 24 has worked wonderfully for me. I am 23 and 127 lbs and have had no side effects. No weight gain, lighter period, no mood swings/depression and no pregnancies. "

Megan314 August 28, 2013

"I have been on LoEstrin 24 for about 2 years now. In the beginning I had A LOT of mood swings and would cry a lot, but that's normal for the first couple of months while your body is getting used to the hormones. After that I was fine felt great! My period used to be really painful and I'd bleed heavy for at least 5 days, and it went down to 2 days really light. I did experience slight weight gain but nothing serious. "

Anonymous August 24, 2013

"I've been on this birth control for 2 years now and I love it. It is the only birth control I've ever been on and it has not made me gain weight or any of the "usual" side effects. The only thing I can say is I don't like is that I don't get a period every month. It comes about every 3-5 months. Which sometimes can be very frightening when you have an accident and sometimes birth control does fail but luckily Loestrin 24 hasn't failed me yet."

Taranicole August 20, 2013

"I have a new found love for this birth control after switching from it to Seasonique to get out of having a period every month. The Seasonique made me gain weight and I broke out horribly. Been back on Loestrin a week and the weight is gone, my face is back to normal, my poor breasts are coming back (this birth control makes my breasts go up at least a cup size, awesome side effect). Beside the breast growth it has also not failed me as a birth control method, I'm always sure to take it exactly on time every day."

faunachic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2013

"I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about two years, and it's been perfect. My periods have gone away, I usually bleed for a couple of days a month which happens during the last two days of the iron pills. I have no cramping at all, no more mood swings. I used to have VERY heavy periods and this is heaven compared to before. A warning though, you will get brown discharge sometimes if your period isn't as often or heavy. I've been on three different birth control pills and this is the only one where I haven't gained weight, acne, or cramps."

Kmkirby91 July 31, 2013

"I've been on this pill for 4 months now and it's great. My period lasts only like 3 days on the sugar pills, experience barely any cramping. The only downside for my body was that this pill makes you spot on and off so I keep having to wear a panty liner and it makes me really emotional like I cry over everything and I was never that sensitive. I haven't gained that much weight but I will say it makes me have an appetite like a man! It cleared up my acne too. I do recommend this pill."

deannaaaaaaaaa July 28, 2013

"I have tried many pills and this one was better than the rest but I am switching because I get terrible migraines. On this pill I was getting 16-20 days of migraines even though this has the lowest, constant dose of estrogen. Multi-phasic pills gave me 20-25 days of migraines. I switch to an intrauterine device and had 1-2 days but I don't want to deal with the cramping again so I am going to try something else. Good Birth Control but bad for migraines."

MigrainesSuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2013

"Though expensive (I can usually find a coupon), I love this birth control! I noticed no weight gain or breakouts...it actually cleared up my skin. Very short periods (4 days of inactive pills) usually last 2 days. Recommended for sure, if covered by insurance or have the money."

SDunn91 July 2, 2013