User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

"My experience on Loestrin was terrible. My anxiety was through the roof, I had so many panic attacks, I didn't feel like I was myself the 9 months I was on it. It was an effective birth control, but it made my mind not okay. I told my doctor that I hated the way it made me feel and he switched me to Yaz. It took me a little while to realize how amazing I was doing on it. I don't suggest Loestrin to anyone."

Sav1234567 April 23, 2016

"This is the most terrible birth control you can go on. I have been battling ovarian cysts because of this birth control for 2 months. I have never been in so much pain and discomfort in my life. DO NOT go on this bc especially if it makes your period irregular or hormones fluctuate because that is what causes the cyst. Also horrible consitpation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2016

"I just started this pill, this is my first month and I'm about two weeks in. I feel like no one this new has left any comments (I've been searching for answers and relatable experiences on it). I figure I might help a few people who are going to be in my position. My breast have gotten a bit bigger in just two weeks (half a cup size). No moodiness so far, in fact it may have bettered my mood. On my 11th day (today) I got a light period. I had cramps, but not Normal cramps and no where near as painful. When I woke up I felt pain in my mid abdomen, right above my belly button. As for weight gain, I feel bloated, but I always have problems with bloating - so I would need more time before I blame the birth control."

AnonymousPerson567854 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

"I've been on birthcontrol for 15 years. I stopped to get pregnant and my doctor started me on Loestrin after I decided to start birthcontrol again. I developed two blood clots within 45 days. Blood clots are very serious and once you have then they increase your risk of having more. I'm currently on a blood thinner and pray I don't get a PE."

Livenpeaceful March 12, 2016

"For the first month, I had no issues with this pill. The second month, I started bleeding a week and a half before I was supposed to start my period and was emotional 24/7. The third pack I was on, I didn't bleed early but I was still emotional. The fourth and fifth, which I'm currently on the fifth, I started bleeding a week and a half early again... I also have terrible cramps. I take the pill every morning, I never miss it... Will be switching birth controls after this pack."

Ohiogirl22 February 27, 2016

"I started taking Loestrin in Sep 2015 after experiencing weight gain, general sadness and headaches on Yasmin. At the time I was starting a new job & training for a marathon so initially put my anxiety down to that. However after completing the race & becoming settled & happy in my new job I still experiencing severe anxiety, having panic attacks and racing negative thoughts. I stopped taking Loestrin, within days the symptoms subsided. This month (Feb 2016) I foolishly decided to give the pill another chance convincing myself I had been over-reacting to the side effects previously. Within 4 days the symptoms returned, stopped taking & already getting back to normal"

Chi Jane Gavhure (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2016

"I've been on this BC for about 4 months and I've really had no problems with it. I have had a lost of appetite but nothing to severe I also missed a period one month but that hasn't happen again and my periods have been really light and short. No mood swings. Some acne but not much more the usual."

ashleighhhhhhh February 8, 2016

"I have no real side effects the only one I can think of is weight gain. I gained about 6 lbs but not even in the beginning it was about 3 months in. I can't seem to lose those 6lbs but oh well."

Toady27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

"I am 22 years old and this is the first time I've been on a BC. After reading all the bad reviews I wanted to make sure that there is at least a good one. Everyone's body is different and reacts different. So don't let scary reviews scare you away. Try it for yourself and if you don't like it you can always find something that you do like. I have been on this BC for 3 weeks going on 4 and I love it so far! No spotting, mood swings, headaches, depression and my skin is more clear than before. I have also noticed my boobs are getting bigger, they're a little sore but not bad. So far I'd say its a good experience "

NotoriousGypsy (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

"Horrible, horrible, horrible I have never had acne this bad in my life!!!!!!!!!! My WHOLE chin and jawline are red and covered in cystic acne!!! I HAD PERFECTLY CLEAR SKIN BEFORE. I am honestly in a complete panic with what is going on with my skin. I'm in shock that a small pill could do this much damage. My face hurts so bad because of the acne. Its been only 3 weeks since I started taking it. Switching to sprintec tomorrow. DO NOT USE THIS, SAVE YOUR SKIN!!!!!"

Loestrin sucks (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

"I started taking Loestrin 24 Fe when I was 19 years old for 4 years. I have a slim body and I'm active. My periods are light and I don't get cramps or back aches while on my period and I don't have problems with acne. My periods were just very irregular. I would sometimes get my period the next month, the next week, and even the next three months! And they would last like 1 week, 2 weeks and even 4 weeks one time! I was on Loestrin for 4 years because it didn't give me any negative side effects. It gave me regular periods and I never got pregnant. I stopped taking it because my doc told me they discontinued it! So she prescribed me Minastrin 24 Fe. I looked up the reviews for it and didn't like what I saw. So I've been off bc for 2 years."

No complaints September 14, 2015

"I loved being on this pill. The only reason why I stopped is because I am way too busy to take it at the same time every day, so I now have a birth control implant. I did not gain weight. Acne... well, I've always had bad acne, even before birth control. I was secretly hoping it would clear it up, which it did not, but it definitely did not get worse. No weight gain, etc. Lightened my cycles for the fist year, then afterwards I would regularly get my period every other month, and then I would never get it (and take tests when I was worried.) Towards the end (I was on it for years), I was horrible with taking it on time-- there were days I would even forget to take it. With back up protection, I still was never pregnant. Loved this pill."

Ashleys Experience September 11, 2015

"This is a summary of my experience so far Month1 Week1 - 1 period, 2 to 4 light period, 5 normal, 6 light period, 7 spotting Week2 - 1 to 3 normal, 4 spotting, 5 bb, 6 to 7 spotting Week3 - 1 to 4 spotting, 5 to 7 normal Week4 - 1 to 3 normal, 4 normal, 5 light period, 6 light period, 7 light period Month2 Week1 - 1 light period, 2 to 7 normal Week2 - 1 to 2 normal, 3 light spotting, 4 spotting, 5 light bb, 6 to 7 bb Week3 - 1 bb and cried for no reason, 2 bb For reference, bb - breakthrough bleeding normal - no periods"

JennyDango (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2015

"This birth control was advised to me strictly to help the awful symptoms of my menstrual cycle stomach aches, heavy bleeding etc6 and loestrin ended up taking my period away for over a year. This although it seems amazing, did not seem healthy to me at all. I also lost a ton of hair the first month or so of going on it. My hair is still not healthy as it was before. Barely grows.. a lot drier.. I currently am off of it and it took me almost 4 months to finally get my period back again. Now that the symptoms are back in full swing.. I am wishing I never went off of it obviously.. but I am definitely afraid of going back on it and losing my hair all over again so it looks like I am toughing out the symptoms with the rest of the female race"

Ashlab94 August 5, 2015

"I was on Loestrin for about 3 months after a year on generic OrthoCyclen. Initially it was a great switch because the last one made me extremely moody, but the new one had no emotional effects. The first two months we annoying because I was having breakthrough bleeding. By the 3rd month I finally had a normal cycle, but after finishing the 3rd pack I noticed a LOT of my hair was falling out! Apparently Loestrin is a high androgen pill that can cause hair loss, and with a history of hair loss in my family I should never have been on it in the first place. Please talk to you doctor about this side effect before starting; I've lost over 20% of my hair in the last week and it may last another year."

Ces20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

"I've been on this pill for a month. I specifically asked my doctor for a low-dose pill because I have had really bad experiences with birth control in the past, from weight gain to ridiculous mood swings, PMS, to my sex drive gone, to constant spotting. I am a healthy, slim, active 37 year old. This pill is the BEST! It's like I am not on anything at all. I have not gained any weight. No acne, no mood swings, and my sex drive has increased, actually. The only reason why I can't give it a 10 is because it is a little pricey and one thing I was not expecting was the boob growth! I was already a 32dd, and I am popping out of those bras already. My man is not complaining though....lol."

Mimimini June 17, 2015

"I didn't get pregnant, but my vagina produced a ton of creamy white discharge ever and led to a yeast overgrowth in my gut, upsetting my body's overall pH. It made me anxious and I had trouble sleeping. Periods were incredibly light, like spotting, but with unbearable cramps. Not a fan of this BC."

Niki2323 June 12, 2015

"Stop reading into birth control so much ! Everyone is different and it is all about trial and error based on your needs, your body, you. I am 23 years old and have never tried birth control pills. My hormones were off and I was getting hormonal breakouts around my chin along with abnormal menstrual cycle. I was skeptical about starting to use the pill because I want a natural period and I feel like my body will respond the way it needs to without meds, but sometimes you need help getting back on track after stress, etc.I have noticed a huge change the first two weeks I was just emotional but that was expected. I cried for silly reasons but laughed it off. Overall it is doing its job. I feel better all around."

Marybeethh May 21, 2015

"I have tried several other birth control pills in my lifetime and none have ever done for me what Loestrin does. I suffer from extremely heavy periods and no other pill has ever been able to help except for this one. I get NO PERIODS on this pill. To go from being unable to leave the house for a week to NO PERIOD AT ALL is beyond words for me. Not only is this medicine effective for birth control, it also allows for a shorter period, or none at all! I love this and I will never switch to anything else."

Mommyx2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2014

"I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about four years now. When I first started taking it, I did gain about 15 pounds or so. Other than that, it has been good. My periods only last 2-3 days and they are light enough that I can wear a small tampon or a panty liner. I had three ovarian cysts burst before taking Loestrin and since I've been on it, I haven't had any cysts burst. I would recommend Loestrin, except for the weight gain."

kb217718 October 16, 2014

"It's crazy to me that there are so many good reviews, because this pill was bad for me! Every BODY is different and we all react differently...but I definitely did not have a good experience with this one. I've been on and off many other birth controls but never reacted to any like I did to this one. Within a week, I was a deranged, emotional, roller-coaster of a mess...cried over nothing for no reason, randomly and couldn't control it, almost ended my then 3 year relationship...depression to the max. Immediately asked my Dr. to take me off it and within a couple days I was back to normal. So crazy how much hormones can mess with you! You just have to find the right combination that works for your body."

g0oo0f (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2014

"I was taking this pill for several years and had a good experience with it. My periods were only for 3 days, if that. Sometimes, I hardly bled. My Dr. prescribed this to me because I had irregular menstrual cycles. While I was on the medication, my acne improved, I hardly had any breakouts, I barely experienced cramps, and I had a shortened period. It worked very well for me but apparently, they've discontinued this product. Minastrin 24 FE is apparently the bio-equivalent. I have yet to try that product or any new pills."

Denny288 March 3, 2014

"I was on Loestrin for about 6 months. Pros were that it made me go from having a 7 day moderate period to a 3 day lighter period. I also had more energy on it to work out. It worked too, for I did not get pregnant while taking it. Cons were that I gained fat only in my stomach and my bum, which was weird. It was water weight because I lost it within a month when I got off it. Also it did not help with my crazy PMS mood swings. "

Margery123 January 10, 2014

"I had tried Loestrin for about 6 months and didn't really like it! I gave it a 5 because it was an effective method of birth control which was the main reason I tried it but the one thing I didn't like was everytime I missed a pill I started my period. But the thing I hated the most was it would make me dry out during sex, SO EMBARRASING. Never again! I've been off it for about 4 months and its still happening wouldn't dare recommend it."

Whitwhit213 January 6, 2014

"The end of the month I woke up to find complete loss of vision in my left eye; only lasted a few hours. As directed, I went straight to the ER and they concluded it must have been an eye migraine. During the duration of one month of taking this pill and 6 months after, I had overall decreased long range vision. The only two plus sides to this drug was that within the first two weeks my mild acne was 100% gone and I did not get pregnant."

LoestrinUser (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013