User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 192 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 483 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Review by Denny288: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was taking this pill for several years and had a good experience with it. My periods were only for 3 days, if that. Sometimes, I hardly bled. My Dr. prescribed this to me because I had irregular menstrual cycles. While I was on the medication, my acne improved, I hardly had any breakouts, I barely experienced cramps, and I had a shortened period. It worked very well for me but apparently, they've discontinued this product. Minastrin 24 FE is apparently the bio-equivalent. I have yet to try that product or any new pills.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2014 12:56 PM
Review by Hannahl (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: This birth control was great for the first year. After about 14 months of being on this I started to get horrible cystic acne. I have tried every face wash, herbal remedies, acne pills..EVERYTHING and it has not cleared up. My face is always red and inflamed when I get a breakout and it is all around my chin (hormonal acne). I am asking to switch at my appointment this week.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 9:15 PM
Review by Margery123: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was on Loestrin for about 6 months. Pros were that it made me go from having a 7 day moderate period to a 3 day lighter period. I also had more energy on it to work out. It worked too, for I did not get pregnant while taking it. Cons were that I gained fat only in my stomach and my bum, which was weird. It was water weight because I lost it within a month when I got off it. Also it did not help with my crazy PMS mood swings.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2014 2:35 PM
Review by Whitwhit213: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I had tried Loestrin for about 6 months and didn't really like it! I gave it a 5 because it was an effective method of birth control which was the main reason I tried it but the one thing I didn't like was everytime I missed a pill I started my period. But the thing I hated the most was it would make me dry out during sex, SO EMBARRASING. Never again! I've been off it for about 4 months and its still happening wouldn't dare recommend it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 6, 2014 1:20 AM
Review by Bri123: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: I've been on Loestrin 24 for around 5 months and I am overall very happy with it. I am 16 and sexually active. The first three months were bad in terms of side effects. Lots of nausea, acne, spotting and cramping. But from the get go I went from heavy, long periods to very short light periods. For the past two months I have had just spotting for around 3 days, not exactly in correspondence with my brown pills but close enough. I no longer get bloated on my period, I do still have acne around my time of the month but that can be attributed to my negligence of going to the dermatologist in half a year. It worries me that some people get no period at all because pregnancy scares are definitely not my favorite. But now I feel safe and satisfied.

November 19, 2013 10:15 AM
Review by LoestrinUser (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: The end of the month I woke up to find complete loss of vision in my left eye; only lasted a few hours. As directed, I went straight to the ER and they concluded it must have been an eye migraine. During the duration of one month of taking this pill and 6 months after, I had overall decreased long range vision. The only two plus sides to this drug was that within the first two weeks my mild acne was 100% gone and I did not get pregnant.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 10:47 PM
Review by Samh92: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I take this birth control mainly for cramps, and I've been on it for almost two years. I only feel nauseous if I miss a pill and have to double up or take 2 a day. It made me nauseous when I first started taking it, but that went away pretty quickly. The plus sides I've had are: 1) light periods that usually last only 4 days, 2) I only cramp on the first day usually, but if I do any other time, it's brief and pretty tolerable, 3) I always start at the same time every month, 4) no spotting throughout the month whatsoever, 5) no weight gain, 6) and no acne. Downsides: 1) Super low libido, except for when I'm actually on my period which drives me insane. All in all, I'd say it's a good pill for what I mainly take it for.

October 29, 2013 11:50 PM
Review by Sara T.: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 5 months, and it's pretty awesome. No horrific acne. No horrific weight gain. But then again, I hit the gym 5 days a week. In fact, this birth control makes me skip my period entirely. I haven't been pregnant, and I don't have to drop 10 bucks on tampons. Needless to say, this stuff is great.

October 29, 2013 11:41 PM
Review by Taylorlynne21: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: Im on ths birth control And it cleared up my face. I still get some pimples around my period tho but nothing too major

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2013 8:04 PM
Review by jeffinner: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 2 years. Great experience, love the size of the pills. I have 2 - 3 period days. Really minor cramps (when my period is about to come). The big difference is that my breast grew a cup or so (I love it, since my breast are small). No mood swings, appetite normal, no headaches or bad side effects. Definitely recommended.

October 2, 2013 7:11 PM
Review by mel2503: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for two months now and my experience has been pleasant. I experienced a lighter period the second month and my cramping was less severe. I did notice a significant increase in vaginal fluids throughout the day, and it actually increased my sex drive (not a problem in my opinion). My breasts grew one cup size on Loestrin 24 Fe as well, again, not a problem for me. My only complaint is the noticeable decrease in my appetite which I find frustrating because I am already pretty skinny. So far I've lost 5 pounds since being on the pill. My side effects are definitely tolerable though, and I'm not pregnant so that's nice, too!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 20, 2013 10:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I have taken Lo Loestrin 24 for about 2 months now. I have had migraines, nausea and fatigue non stop. I only had one very light period since I started this pill. I have had horrible face and body acne since I started Loestrin, I feel 16 again! I have had a significant appetite increase and mid section bloating. However I will continue with it one more month and see If my symptoms clear up

September 19, 2013 1:06 AM
Review by Mae534792: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on this product since my sophomore of high school as period control, I am now a freshman in college and I still love this pill. I haven't experienced any of the negative side effects I hear so many girls complaining about with their birth controls. It helped clear up acne, I have very short, always regular periods, and I didn't experience any weight gain from this pill. I'm also not pregnant, highly recommend this pill.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 16, 2013 10:33 PM
Review by Megan314: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Loestrin Fe 24 has worked wonderfully for me. I am 23 and 127 lbs and have had no side effects. No weight gain, lighter period, no mood swings/depression and no pregnancies.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2013 1:30 PM

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on LoEstrin 24 for about 2 years now. In the beginning I had A LOT of mood swings and would cry a lot, but that's normal for the first couple of months while your body is getting used to the hormones. After that I was fine felt great! My period used to be really painful and I'd bleed heavy for at least 5 days, and it went down to 2 days really light. I did experience slight weight gain but nothing serious.

August 24, 2013 4:51 PM
Review by Taranicole: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for 2 years now and I love it. It is the only birth control I've ever been on and it has not made me gain weight or any of the "usual" side effects. The only thing I can say is I don't like is that I don't get a period every month. It comes about every 3-5 months. Which sometimes can be very frightening when you have an accident and sometimes birth control does fail but luckily Loestrin 24 hasn't failed me yet.

August 20, 2013 3:15 PM
Review by faunachic (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have a new found love for this birth control after switching from it to Seasonique to get out of having a period every month. The Seasonique made me gain weight and I broke out horribly. Been back on Loestrin a week and the weight is gone, my face is back to normal, my poor breasts are coming back (this birth control makes my breasts go up at least a cup size, awesome side effect). Beside the breast growth it has also not failed me as a birth control method, I'm always sure to take it exactly on time every day.

August 5, 2013 6:12 PM
Review by Kmkirby91: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about two years, and it's been perfect. My periods have gone away, I usually bleed for a couple of days a month which happens during the last two days of the iron pills. I have no cramping at all, no more mood swings. I used to have VERY heavy periods and this is heaven compared to before. A warning though, you will get brown discharge sometimes if your period isn't as often or heavy. I've been on three different birth control pills and this is the only one where I haven't gained weight, acne, or cramps.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2013 7:06 PM
Review by deannaaaaaaaaa: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 4 months now and it's great. My period lasts only like 3 days on the sugar pills, experience barely any cramping. The only downside for my body was that this pill makes you spot on and off so I keep having to wear a panty liner and it makes me really emotional like I cry over everything and I was never that sensitive. I haven't gained that much weight but I will say it makes me have an appetite like a man! It cleared up my acne too. I do recommend this pill.

July 28, 2013 10:38 PM
Review by MigrainesSuck (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have tried many pills and this one was better than the rest but I am switching because I get terrible migraines. On this pill I was getting 16-20 days of migraines even though this has the lowest, constant dose of estrogen. Multi-phasic pills gave me 20-25 days of migraines. I switch to an intrauterine device and had 1-2 days but I don't want to deal with the cramping again so I am going to try something else. Good Birth Control but bad for migraines.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 17, 2013 7:25 PM
Review by SDunn91: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Though expensive (I can usually find a coupon), I love this birth control! I noticed no weight gain or breakouts...it actually cleared up my skin. Very short periods (4 days of inactive pills) usually last 2 days. Recommended for sure, if covered by insurance or have the money.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 2, 2013 2:38 PM
Review by 1stTimer:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: No mood swings which was excellent! But I have been breaking out in places I didn't know I could actually get pimples. I mean, I have a pimple on my thigh. Been on it for three weeks and after the first week started breaking out and it just never stopped.

May 28, 2013 1:32 PM
Review by Bev21608 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I never got pregnant taking Loestrin 24 Fe, so it was successful at doing its job, however, there were a few side effects. I actually lost weight while taking it- since that was my aim. But, it did make me very emotional and very sexually interested. Also, I spot bled throughout the entire month. I would typically just wear a panty liner every day- kind of annoying. That's why I give it a 7/ 10- it was effective at doing what it was supposed to do, but it certainly did not improve the overall quality of my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 3, 2013 9:03 AM
Review by Tynk (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Love this pill. I was on it for 2 years and decided to try other ones that were cheaper. Bad mistake! I never had any side effects from Loestrin it was just pretty expensive. But after trying other ones this one is the best out there. No bad acne. Short periods. No depression. No weight gain which was great because as soon as I left Loestrin I gained 15 lbs on my new pill. Horrible! I love, love this pill and am willing to pay 45 bucks because it makes me feel good!

May 1, 2013 11:58 PM
Review by Stacky flapjacks (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Just started taking my second pack. Already amazed with the results. First month, my normally HEAVY (pad and tampon change every two hours) period was so light, I only had to wear panty liners. I am no longer in crippling pain. The first month was a little tough but the pain was nothing like it was. I feel a little sick every now and again. I haven't experienced any weight gain, just a lot of bloating around the mid section, but I bloat a lot when I'm on my period so that doesn't bother me. I assume that will change as time goes by. I don't feel excessively hungry except during the time that would have been my period. I have noticed my breasts have grown, not mad at that!

April 15, 2013 1:52 AM