User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 25 reviews 97 medications

Acne 53 reviews 519 medications

3.9
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 535 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I started Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo when I turned 18; used it for about 3 years until my cycles started showing up whenever they wanted. My doctor switched me to Sprintec, which was a constant dose of hormone as opposed to the increasing dose like OTCL. Sprintec turned me into an absolutely CRAZY person; my emotions were out of control and my doc seemed to think there was no problem at all. I took myself off of the meds for about 6 months trying to rebalance my system and found a new doctor. My new doctor diagnosed me with PCOS and suggested Lo Loestrin Fe. She told me there was a good chance that my period would go away entirely and asked if I was ok with that. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! Spotted ONCE since starting it in Nov 2014--no more cycle!"

finally! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

For Acne "Like many other posts, I'm not one to write reviews. However, to add to the list of complaints, this birth control has made my face horrible. I've always had great skin, after being on it for a mere 5 weeks I am shocked every time I look in the mirror. I am switching tomorrow. Not only acne, but I have gained 5 pounds in the 5 weeks and also have had a couple anxiety attacks which is very unlike me. Not only do I want to share my experience, but if I am in any place for advice; I advise not to get on this pill."

Pretty underwhelming (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience on Loestrin was terrible. My anxiety was through the roof, I had so many panic attacks, I didn't feel like I was myself the 9 months I was on it. It was an effective birth control, but it made my mind not okay. I told my doctor that I hated the way it made me feel and he switched me to Yaz. It took me a little while to realize how amazing I was doing on it. I don't suggest Loestrin to anyone."

Sav1234567 April 23, 2016

For Acne "Omg...I'm so glad I read these reviews. Started to breakout immediately after the first week. White pimples and cystic ones on my chin and around my nostrils. I'm so embarrassed never had acne problems my face even hurts from the breakouts. Yesterday was my last day of taking it."

Claucarr (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Acne "This is the worst birth control I have been on. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. I was on it for 3 months and had the worst mood swings, depression and worst acne that I still suffer from even after 2 months being off it. I never usually write reviews online but knew I had to warn anybody thinking about going on this product. I had such a clear face before I began this birth control, a few minor zits during my period but that's normal for anybody, but after this I still have red cystic acne... It's horrible. I used to be able to wear no makeup, no I can't even leave the house without makeup because I'm too self conscious of my acne. DO NOT GO ON THIS BIRTH CONTROL."

Bribig April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the most terrible birth control you can go on. I have been battling ovarian cysts because of this birth control for 2 months. I have never been in so much pain and discomfort in my life. DO NOT go on this bc especially if it makes your period irregular or hormones fluctuate because that is what causes the cyst. Also horrible consitpation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started this pill, this is my first month and I'm about two weeks in. I feel like no one this new has left any comments (I've been searching for answers and relatable experiences on it). I figure I might help a few people who are going to be in my position. My breast have gotten a bit bigger in just two weeks (half a cup size). No moodiness so far, in fact it may have bettered my mood. On my 11th day (today) I got a light period. I had cramps, but not Normal cramps and no where near as painful. When I woke up I felt pain in my mid abdomen, right above my belly button. As for weight gain, I feel bloated, but I always have problems with bloating - so I would need more time before I blame the birth control."

AnonymousPerson567854 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Acne "My doctor prescribe me this birth control pill saying I will have fewer to almost no periods after being on the this pill! And I didn't see anything wrong until about 7 days into taking the pill. My face broke out terribly!!!!! Like horrible, I hate going into work or outside because I have these huge under the bump on my chin and cheeks. I usually have a few breakouts on my period but neverrrrrr like this. I don't like even living my house unless necessary. I would not recommend this birth control unless you are willing to deal with having bad skin. I'll take a longer menstrual anything or feel unconfident of my skin"

JazzyJazzyy March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on birthcontrol for 15 years. I stopped to get pregnant and my doctor started me on Loestrin after I decided to start birthcontrol again. I developed two blood clots within 45 days. Blood clots are very serious and once you have then they increase your risk of having more. I'm currently on a blood thinner and pray I don't get a PE."

Livenpeaceful March 12, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "My doctor prescribed me loestrin to help my painful menstrual cramps and heavy periods. The first month went well; A light period, no menstrual pain and my skin started to look better. My second month, not so well. I am known to be the grounded, always positive and level headed person in my family. I became very emotional and started having really bad anxiety about 2 weeks into my second month. I started my period 9 days early; thats when I got a horrible pain in the back of my head that spread to the side and top of my head over a few days. I never get headaches. I had knots in the back of my head/ shoulders and lower back. Within days of stopping Loestrin my anxiety disappeared, My headache is going away and i'm not emotional anymore."

Horrible Headache/ anxiety March 4, 2016

For Birth Control "For the first month, I had no issues with this pill. The second month, I started bleeding a week and a half before I was supposed to start my period and was emotional 24/7. The third pack I was on, I didn't bleed early but I was still emotional. The fourth and fifth, which I'm currently on the fifth, I started bleeding a week and a half early again... I also have terrible cramps. I take the pill every morning, I never miss it... Will be switching birth controls after this pack."

Ohiogirl22 February 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Loestrin in Sep 2015 after experiencing weight gain, general sadness and headaches on Yasmin. At the time I was starting a new job & training for a marathon so initially put my anxiety down to that. However after completing the race & becoming settled & happy in my new job I still experiencing severe anxiety, having panic attacks and racing negative thoughts. I stopped taking Loestrin, within days the symptoms subsided. This month (Feb 2016) I foolishly decided to give the pill another chance convincing myself I had been over-reacting to the side effects previously. Within 4 days the symptoms returned, stopped taking & already getting back to normal"

Chi Jane Gavhure (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have PCOS and Endometerosis and neither one of them caused a problem with my skin. People always complimented me and then my doctor suggested for me to be put on YAZ. Wow I loved Yaz because that birthconrtol pill cleared up my moods and my skin just looked even better and I just loved that medication. Since everyone was having problems with it, my doctor stopped my Yaz immediately and then prescribed me Lomedia. Since I have been on Lomedia, I have had my gall bladder removed, I have facial hair, I have acne like you wouldn't believe, horrible stomach pains and now IBS. Then I took a month break from the Lomedia and everything cleared up. I was back to normal. I would not recommend this product. I never had these problems before Lomedia"

Seanna2124 February 17, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I am almost on my second pack and I have had 3 periods in the time I have been taking this. I'm constantly nauseated and feel the need to throw up & have painful cramps the first day of each period."

Anonymous February 14, 2016

For Acne "I've always had terrible, oily skin so my doctor finally put me on Loestrin. It took my skin a couple months to stop breaking out but now it is near perfect! I even have people complimenting me on my skin now which believe me would never have happened before. Also has completely stopped my period and I now only have mild symptoms."

Julia11112222 February 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for about 4 months and I've really had no problems with it. I have had a lost of appetite but nothing to severe I also missed a period one month but that hasn't happen again and my periods have been really light and short. No mood swings. Some acne but not much more the usual."

ashleighhhhhhh February 8, 2016

For Acne "Wow same problem here! Chin zits just like the big undergrounders that you would get in high school. On top of that my mood swings are seriously out of control. I can just snap at any moment. Definentley would not recommend ."

Lo lo crap February 6, 2016

For Acne "Lo Loestrin was a MIRACLE for my face. I struggled with acne as a young teenager and it eventually cleared in time, but when I went off to college my stress level sky rocketed. I got switched to Lo Loestrin and haven't had a zit since then. I have combination to oily skin type and I have noticed a big difference in to amount of oil on my skin! It's even helped even my skin tone out! Love love love this brand!"

Hannah0896 February 5, 2016

For Acne "I am BEYOND angry at how terrible my skin broke out while using this medication. It was a mystery to myself and family when my face began to break out terribly, to the point where I was prescribed oral acne medication and the painful cysts still didn't go away. This medication almost ruined my skin, I am so thankful I stopped when I did and read these reviews! It's honestly infuriating that this was the cause! I stopped taking this pill about a week ago and my skin has already cleared up substantially. Do not recommend!!!!"

UGHHhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have no real side effects the only one I can think of is weight gain. I gained about 6 lbs but not even in the beginning it was about 3 months in. I can't seem to lose those 6lbs but oh well."

Toady27 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

For Acne "I been taking this pill for about 8 months and let me tell u what a Nightmare at 32 I thought I had left my acne problems in my teens.. I been depressed crazy anxiety from the bad acne this pill has giving me white heads and cysts like pimples all over my chin.. Don't recommend this to anyone!!!"

Lady_g January 18, 2016

For Acne "It's funny because I usually get a break out here and there like every normal girl and I thought maybe this was just a coincidence that I was horrendously breaking out. I'm talking huge pimples plastered on my checks and little white heads all over my forehead. I thought maybe it was a coincidence till I read reviews and seen that this causes acne for a lot of people. I quit taking it 2 days ago, and my face is already immediately clearing back up again. I think I'll just stick to condoms. Birth control has been a night mare for my face."

Heatth (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 22 years old and this is the first time I've been on a BC. After reading all the bad reviews I wanted to make sure that there is at least a good one. Everyone's body is different and reacts different. So don't let scary reviews scare you away. Try it for yourself and if you don't like it you can always find something that you do like. I have been on this BC for 3 weeks going on 4 and I love it so far! No spotting, mood swings, headaches, depression and my skin is more clear than before. I have also noticed my boobs are getting bigger, they're a little sore but not bad. So far I'd say its a good experience "

NotoriousGypsy (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Acne "This so far has been the only pill/birth control where I don't feel emotionally unstable; I feel like my regular self. HOWEVER, I have noticed a significant increase in pimples: breakouts on my face. It looks terrible, like connecting the dots. I feel like I'm just going to deal with it because it's the lesser of the two evils. Also, this is only my second pack of if, but I did have 2 periods in one cycle. I've never had that with another birth control. Probably going to get another pack at my next appt. I would much rather feel emotionally normal than have perfect skin. Yes, my skin is looking bad. But not many other options!"

EmmJee January 11, 2016

For Acne "Why would you prescribe someone with acne this medication to clear it up if it only makes it so much worse? I had a few pimples and black heads and now I'm covered in all sorts of acne including cystic and white heads all over my face. I've cried a lot and have been so embarrassed and I'm just now realizing from these reviews that it's a trend to have horrible acne from taking these pills. No idea what I should do about it now except to spread the news to people that are thinking about taking this pill to not waste your time I and apparently so many others have suffered."

Upsetbitch December 31, 2015