User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 178 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 502 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

For Birth Control "This birth control was advised to me strictly to help the awful symptoms of my menstrual cycle stomach aches, heavy bleeding etc6 and loestrin ended up taking my period away for over a year. This although it seems amazing, did not seem healthy to me at all. I also lost a ton of hair the first month or so of going on it. My hair is still not healthy as it was before. Barely grows.. a lot drier.. I currently am off of it and it took me almost 4 months to finally get my period back again. Now that the symptoms are back in full swing.. I am wishing I never went off of it obviously.. but I am definitely afraid of going back on it and losing my hair all over again so it looks like I am toughing out the symptoms with the rest of the female race"

Ashlab94 August 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin for about 3 months after a year on generic OrthoCyclen. Initially it was a great switch because the last one made me extremely moody, but the new one had no emotional effects. The first two months we annoying because I was having breakthrough bleeding. By the 3rd month I finally had a normal cycle, but after finishing the 3rd pack I noticed a LOT of my hair was falling out! Apparently Loestrin is a high androgen pill that can cause hair loss, and with a history of hair loss in my family I should never have been on it in the first place. Please talk to you doctor about this side effect before starting; I've lost over 20% of my hair in the last week and it may last another year."

Ces20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Acne "I never breakout ever ( only when i was a teen) I always got compliments for my skin and this has made me breakout, i been getting lots of leg cramps too and spotting all over my cycle. Emotionaly im the about the same. Ive never taken birth control and i think from my experience on this is not worth it."

Liss MM July 21, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on this pill for 6 months since I was diagnosed with PCOS. My periods were still regular before going on this pill. My only real symptoms of PCOS were excessive hair growth and elevated Testosterone levels. Since I started taking this pill I have chronic spotting, bloating, headaches, and fatigue. I fatigue is so bad that it has started to interfere with my grades in school. I get a horrible pain in my left hip before I start spotting. I have seen no improvement with the abnormal hair. I also have not had a period since starting the pill which i started six months ago."

Yck June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a month. I specifically asked my doctor for a low-dose pill because I have had really bad experiences with birth control in the past, from weight gain to ridiculous mood swings, PMS, to my sex drive gone, to constant spotting. I am a healthy, slim, active 37 year old. This pill is the BEST! It's like I am not on anything at all. I have not gained any weight. No acne, no mood swings, and my sex drive has increased, actually. The only reason why I can't give it a 10 is because it is a little pricey and one thing I was not expecting was the boob growth! I was already a 32dd, and I am popping out of those bras already. My man is not complaining though....lol."

Mimimini June 17, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "When I got Loestrin it was a God send!, No other birth control could regulate my period and not make me gain weight, and help with the pain. With this pill i went from 7 days to 4 days. I haven't been on birth control for a few years but even being off it my period is still only 4 days ( that's a miracle when you have endometriosis) I love this pill and wish they would bring it back."

D9432012 June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I didn't get pregnant, but my vagina produced a ton of creamy white discharge ever and led to a yeast overgrowth in my gut, upsetting my body's overall pH. It made me anxious and I had trouble sleeping. Periods were incredibly light, like spotting, but with unbearable cramps. Not a fan of this BC."

Niki2323 June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Stop reading into birth control so much ! Everyone is different and it is all about trial and error based on your needs, your body, you. I am 23 years old and have never tried birth control pills. My hormones were off and I was getting hormonal breakouts around my chin along with abnormal menstrual cycle. I was skeptical about starting to use the pill because I want a natural period and I feel like my body will respond the way it needs to without meds, but sometimes you need help getting back on track after stress, etc.I have noticed a huge change the first two weeks I was just emotional but that was expected. I cried for silly reasons but laughed it off. Overall it is doing its job. I feel better all around."

Marybeethh May 21, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I started loestrin 24 because I beyond PMS... It's worse since I had a baby. For example, like two weeks out of the month I get horrid back pain and feel the need to curl in a ball and cry. I also drive my bf nuts. He thinks I'm crazy. Therefore I hope this bc helps me because ortho tricyclen, lutera, among others are bad for me. I know every woman is different and I want something that works w my body. I asked the ob nurse at my gynecologist if I could have my hormone levels checked. She said there's no such thing, and peoples hormones fluctuate every day so it's no use in testing them. Is that a crock of lies? I read about people getting their levels checked, and the only thing she said was for me to get my thyroid checked. I'm very tired on it."

Jesus help May 14, 2015

For Acne "This birth control pill has negatively impacted my life. I am currently suffering from cystic acne, constant bloating, depression, and mood swings. My appetite has increased, but the most notable thing just how badly I feel. I've been on this pill for 4 months. My hope was that everything would balance out, but it still has not and it literally feels like this pill is killing me."

A. Nicole May 8, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for about a year now. During the first week I was definitely a moody brat but since then I am a changed woman!! I used to have terrible cramping, to the point where I would pass out from the pain. Since being on this pill, I haven't had cramps or a period in months. I was hesitant at first, but it has changed my life! I didn't have any weight gain or loss or other side effects besides the mood swings. I unfortunately have to switch as it has cost me too much each month! Highly recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2015

For Acne "I changed from the POP to Loestrin about a month ago specially to clear up spots, it is great if you want a regular light period however don't go near it if you're looking for acne relief! Has made my face go from a few pimples to a horrible mess! Also has caused some uncomfortable and not nice looking bloating :( Managed to change pills and recommend Doxycyline for Acne relief instead of the pill as none of these side affects and works well!"

AAAAAAAAAAA797 March 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I have tried several other birth control pills in my lifetime and none have ever done for me what Loestrin does. I suffer from extremely heavy periods and no other pill has ever been able to help except for this one. I get NO PERIODS on this pill. To go from being unable to leave the house for a week to NO PERIOD AT ALL is beyond words for me. Not only is this medicine effective for birth control, it also allows for a shorter period, or none at all! I love this and I will never switch to anything else."

Mommyx2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about four years now. When I first started taking it, I did gain about 15 pounds or so. Other than that, it has been good. My periods only last 2-3 days and they are light enough that I can wear a small tampon or a panty liner. I had three ovarian cysts burst before taking Loestrin and since I've been on it, I haven't had any cysts burst. I would recommend Loestrin, except for the weight gain."

kb217718 October 16, 2014

For Acne "I've been on Lo loestrin fe for about two months and I have had extreme cyst acne I have bloating on my mid stomach and a very oily face I am 17."

Jamie jay October 16, 2014

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on this pill 2 months cons I am sick to my stomach everyday, I throw up at least once a week and pee like every 10mins. I also get headaches towards the end of the day. So I started taking my second pack before I go to sleep to avoid these symptoms no such luck. Pro's barely has a period last month waiting to see this month. I will stick it out for another month, but if nothing changes I'm changing it so far I'm very disappointed I was so excited for this pill"

Shazz2807 October 6, 2014

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Second week on this, prescribed for my Polycysitc ovarian syndrome. I lost 4 pounds. I went from 146lbs to 142lbs in just a little over several days. I never had acne, so nothing in that department. But being 5 '5 my doctors want me to a healthy 115-125 to reduce my PCOS. Nothing but great things. I feel more feminine and less aggressive since my testosterone was so high."

October78 July 12, 2014

"Took this pill for 1.) Acne and 2.) Birth Control. I have had a side effect that very few people had which was hair loss in the scalp. Big amounts of hair would come out when I would shower. I realized this happened to me with a previous birth control as well but want to note for others as a precaution. I got extremely bloated on this medication. I have a flat tummy and it looked like I was pregnant which was painful and annoying. This also gave me a very backed up system which I never get. I got extremely nauseous, very moody, heartburn, anxiety and some depression. The only pro was that my breasts grew a cup size. Can't complain about that! I've been off of this pill for three days and all of these symptoms are gone."

Anonymous June 24, 2014

For Birth Control "It's crazy to me that there are so many good reviews, because this pill was bad for me! Every BODY is different and we all react differently...but I definitely did not have a good experience with this one. I've been on and off many other birth controls but never reacted to any like I did to this one. Within a week, I was a deranged, emotional, roller-coaster of a mess...cried over nothing for no reason, randomly and couldn't control it, almost ended my then 3 year relationship...depression to the max. Immediately asked my Dr. to take me off it and within a couple days I was back to normal. So crazy how much hormones can mess with you! You just have to find the right combination that works for your body."

g0oo0f (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm new to this medication. I notice my fluttering and pounding heart wakes me up, I'm slightly dizzy even when sitting still or lying down, a few days I've had terrible heartburn, some nausea so strong that I took Nauzene and tums with some relief, icepick stabbing headache, headache around my temples that's not relieved by relaxation or aspirin or drinking a lot of water and is relieved somewhat with Aleve, tinnitis, trouble staying asleep even though I keep my normal schedule and use my normal melatonin. I've been kind of sleepy, maybe due to waking up with the other issues. These symptoms are all uncommon for me and obviously caused by the pills. On the positive side I seem to be less moody and anxious than I was getting before."

pv12345 May 24, 2014

For Birth Control "I was taking this pill for several years and had a good experience with it. My periods were only for 3 days, if that. Sometimes, I hardly bled. My Dr. prescribed this to me because I had irregular menstrual cycles. While I was on the medication, my acne improved, I hardly had any breakouts, I barely experienced cramps, and I had a shortened period. It worked very well for me but apparently, they've discontinued this product. Minastrin 24 FE is apparently the bio-equivalent. I have yet to try that product or any new pills."

Denny288 March 3, 2014

For Acne "This birth control was great for the first year. After about 14 months of being on this I started to get horrible cystic acne. I have tried every face wash, herbal remedies, acne pills..EVERYTHING and it has not cleared up. My face is always red and inflamed when I get a breakout and it is all around my chin (hormonal acne). I am asking to switch at my appointment this week."

Hannahl (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrin for about 6 months. Pros were that it made me go from having a 7 day moderate period to a 3 day lighter period. I also had more energy on it to work out. It worked too, for I did not get pregnant while taking it. Cons were that I gained fat only in my stomach and my bum, which was weird. It was water weight because I lost it within a month when I got off it. Also it did not help with my crazy PMS mood swings. "

Margery123 January 10, 2014

For Birth Control "I had tried Loestrin for about 6 months and didn't really like it! I gave it a 5 because it was an effective method of birth control which was the main reason I tried it but the one thing I didn't like was everytime I missed a pill I started my period. But the thing I hated the most was it would make me dry out during sex, SO EMBARRASING. Never again! I've been off it for about 4 months and its still happening wouldn't dare recommend it."

Whitwhit213 January 6, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Loestrin 24 for around 5 months and I am overall very happy with it. I am 16 and sexually active. The first three months were bad in terms of side effects. Lots of nausea, acne, spotting and cramping. But from the get go I went from heavy, long periods to very short light periods. For the past two months I have had just spotting for around 3 days, not exactly in correspondence with my brown pills but close enough. I no longer get bloated on my period, I do still have acne around my time of the month but that can be attributed to my negligence of going to the dermatologist in half a year. It worries me that some people get no period at all because pregnancy scares are definitely not my favorite. But now I feel safe and satisfied."

Bri123 November 19, 2013