User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Loestrin 24 Fe reviews 489 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Review by kb217718:

For Birth Control: I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about four years now. When I first started taking it, I did gain about 15 pounds or so. Other than that, it has been good. My periods only last 2-3 days and they are light enough that I can wear a small tampon or a panty liner. I had three ovarian cysts burst before taking Loestrin and since I've been on it, I haven't had any cysts burst. I would recommend Loestrin, except for the weight gain.

October 16, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by Jamie jay:

For Acne: I've been on Lo loestrin fe for about two months and I have had extreme cyst acne I have bloating on my mid stomach and a very oily face I am 17.

October 16, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by Shazz2807:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have been on this pill 2 months cons I am sick to my stomach everyday, I throw up at least once a week and pee like every 10mins. I also get headaches towards the end of the day. So I started taking my second pack before I go to sleep to avoid these symptoms no such luck. Pro's barely has a period last month waiting to see this month. I will stick it out for another month, but if nothing changes I'm changing it so far I'm very disappointed I was so excited for this pill

October 6, 2014 5:29 PM

Review by October78:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Second week on this, prescribed for my Polycysitc ovarian syndrome. I lost 4 pounds. I went from 146lbs to 142lbs in just a little over several days. I never had acne, so nothing in that department. But being 5 '5 my doctors want me to a healthy 115-125 to reduce my PCOS. Nothing but great things. I feel more feminine and less aggressive since my testosterone was so high.

July 12, 2014 3:03 AM

Took this pill for 1.) Acne and 2.) Birth Control. I have had a side effect that very few people had which was hair loss in the scalp. Big amounts of hair would come out when I would shower. I realized this happened to me with a previous birth control as well but want to note for others as a precaution. I got extremely bloated on this medication. I have a flat tummy and it looked like I was pregnant which was painful and annoying. This also gave me a very backed up system which I never get. I got extremely nauseous, very moody, heartburn, anxiety and some depression. The only pro was that my breasts grew a cup size. Can't complain about that! I've been off of this pill for three days and all of these symptoms are gone.

June 24, 2014 6:45 PM

Review by g0oo0f (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: It's crazy to me that there are so many good reviews, because this pill was bad for me! Every BODY is different and we all react differently...but I definitely did not have a good experience with this one. I've been on and off many other birth controls but never reacted to any like I did to this one. Within a week, I was a deranged, emotional, roller-coaster of a mess...cried over nothing for no reason, randomly and couldn't control it, almost ended my then 3 year relationship...depression to the max. Immediately asked my Dr. to take me off it and within a couple days I was back to normal. So crazy how much hormones can mess with you! You just have to find the right combination that works for your body.

June 23, 2014 3:51 AM

Review by pv12345:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I'm new to this medication. I notice my fluttering and pounding heart wakes me up, I'm slightly dizzy even when sitting still or lying down, a few days I've had terrible heartburn, some nausea so strong that I took Nauzene and tums with some relief, icepick stabbing headache, headache around my temples that's not relieved by relaxation or aspirin or drinking a lot of water and is relieved somewhat with Aleve, tinnitis, trouble staying asleep even though I keep my normal schedule and use my normal melatonin. I've been kind of sleepy, maybe due to waking up with the other issues. These symptoms are all uncommon for me and obviously caused by the pills. On the positive side I seem to be less moody and anxious than I was getting before.

May 24, 2014 12:15 AM

Review by Denny288:

For Birth Control: I was taking this pill for several years and had a good experience with it. My periods were only for 3 days, if that. Sometimes, I hardly bled. My Dr. prescribed this to me because I had irregular menstrual cycles. While I was on the medication, my acne improved, I hardly had any breakouts, I barely experienced cramps, and I had a shortened period. It worked very well for me but apparently, they've discontinued this product. Minastrin 24 FE is apparently the bio-equivalent. I have yet to try that product or any new pills.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2014 12:56 PM

Review by Hannahl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: This birth control was great for the first year. After about 14 months of being on this I started to get horrible cystic acne. I have tried every face wash, herbal remedies, acne pills..EVERYTHING and it has not cleared up. My face is always red and inflamed when I get a breakout and it is all around my chin (hormonal acne). I am asking to switch at my appointment this week.

February 11, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by Margery123:

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin for about 6 months. Pros were that it made me go from having a 7 day moderate period to a 3 day lighter period. I also had more energy on it to work out. It worked too, for I did not get pregnant while taking it. Cons were that I gained fat only in my stomach and my bum, which was weird. It was water weight because I lost it within a month when I got off it. Also it did not help with my crazy PMS mood swings.

January 10, 2014 2:35 PM

Review by Whitwhit213:

For Birth Control: I had tried Loestrin for about 6 months and didn't really like it! I gave it a 5 because it was an effective method of birth control which was the main reason I tried it but the one thing I didn't like was everytime I missed a pill I started my period. But the thing I hated the most was it would make me dry out during sex, SO EMBARRASING. Never again! I've been off it for about 4 months and its still happening wouldn't dare recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2014 1:20 AM

Review by Bri123:

For Menstrual Disorders: I've been on Loestrin 24 for around 5 months and I am overall very happy with it. I am 16 and sexually active. The first three months were bad in terms of side effects. Lots of nausea, acne, spotting and cramping. But from the get go I went from heavy, long periods to very short light periods. For the past two months I have had just spotting for around 3 days, not exactly in correspondence with my brown pills but close enough. I no longer get bloated on my period, I do still have acne around my time of the month but that can be attributed to my negligence of going to the dermatologist in half a year. It worries me that some people get no period at all because pregnancy scares are definitely not my favorite. But now I feel safe and satisfied.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 10:15 AM

Review by LoestrinUser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: The end of the month I woke up to find complete loss of vision in my left eye; only lasted a few hours. As directed, I went straight to the ER and they concluded it must have been an eye migraine. During the duration of one month of taking this pill and 6 months after, I had overall decreased long range vision. The only two plus sides to this drug was that within the first two weeks my mild acne was 100% gone and I did not get pregnant.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by Samh92:

For Birth Control: I take this birth control mainly for cramps, and I've been on it for almost two years. I only feel nauseous if I miss a pill and have to double up or take 2 a day. It made me nauseous when I first started taking it, but that went away pretty quickly. The plus sides I've had are: 1) light periods that usually last only 4 days, 2) I only cramp on the first day usually, but if I do any other time, it's brief and pretty tolerable, 3) I always start at the same time every month, 4) no spotting throughout the month whatsoever, 5) no weight gain, 6) and no acne. Downsides: 1) Super low libido, except for when I'm actually on my period which drives me insane. All in all, I'd say it's a good pill for what I mainly take it for.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2013 11:50 PM

Review by Sara T.:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 5 months, and it's pretty awesome. No horrific acne. No horrific weight gain. But then again, I hit the gym 5 days a week. In fact, this birth control makes me skip my period entirely. I haven't been pregnant, and I don't have to drop 10 bucks on tampons. Needless to say, this stuff is great.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2013 11:41 PM

Review by Taylorlynne21:

For Acne: Im on ths birth control And it cleared up my face. I still get some pimples around my period tho but nothing too major

October 28, 2013 8:04 PM

Review by jeffinner:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 2 years. Great experience, love the size of the pills. I have 2 - 3 period days. Really minor cramps (when my period is about to come). The big difference is that my breast grew a cup or so (I love it, since my breast are small). No mood swings, appetite normal, no headaches or bad side effects. Definitely recommended.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2013 7:11 PM

Review by mel2503:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for two months now and my experience has been pleasant. I experienced a lighter period the second month and my cramping was less severe. I did notice a significant increase in vaginal fluids throughout the day, and it actually increased my sex drive (not a problem in my opinion). My breasts grew one cup size on Loestrin 24 Fe as well, again, not a problem for me. My only complaint is the noticeable decrease in my appetite which I find frustrating because I am already pretty skinny. So far I've lost 5 pounds since being on the pill. My side effects are definitely tolerable though, and I'm not pregnant so that's nice, too!

September 20, 2013 10:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have taken Lo Loestrin 24 for about 2 months now. I have had migraines, nausea and fatigue non stop. I only had one very light period since I started this pill. I have had horrible face and body acne since I started Loestrin, I feel 16 again! I have had a significant appetite increase and mid section bloating. However I will continue with it one more month and see If my symptoms clear up

September 19, 2013 1:06 AM

Review by Mae534792:

For Birth Control: I have been on this product since my sophomore of high school as period control, I am now a freshman in college and I still love this pill. I haven't experienced any of the negative side effects I hear so many girls complaining about with their birth controls. It helped clear up acne, I have very short, always regular periods, and I didn't experience any weight gain from this pill. I'm also not pregnant, highly recommend this pill.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2013 10:33 PM

Review by Megan314:

For Birth Control: Loestrin Fe 24 has worked wonderfully for me. I am 23 and 127 lbs and have had no side effects. No weight gain, lighter period, no mood swings/depression and no pregnancies.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 1:30 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on LoEstrin 24 for about 2 years now. In the beginning I had A LOT of mood swings and would cry a lot, but that's normal for the first couple of months while your body is getting used to the hormones. After that I was fine felt great! My period used to be really painful and I'd bleed heavy for at least 5 days, and it went down to 2 days really light. I did experience slight weight gain but nothing serious.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2013 4:51 PM

Review by Taranicole:

For Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for 2 years now and I love it. It is the only birth control I've ever been on and it has not made me gain weight or any of the "usual" side effects. The only thing I can say is I don't like is that I don't get a period every month. It comes about every 3-5 months. Which sometimes can be very frightening when you have an accident and sometimes birth control does fail but luckily Loestrin 24 hasn't failed me yet.

August 20, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by faunachic (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have a new found love for this birth control after switching from it to Seasonique to get out of having a period every month. The Seasonique made me gain weight and I broke out horribly. Been back on Loestrin a week and the weight is gone, my face is back to normal, my poor breasts are coming back (this birth control makes my breasts go up at least a cup size, awesome side effect). Beside the breast growth it has also not failed me as a birth control method, I'm always sure to take it exactly on time every day.

August 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Review by Kmkirby91:

For Birth Control: I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for about two years, and it's been perfect. My periods have gone away, I usually bleed for a couple of days a month which happens during the last two days of the iron pills. I have no cramping at all, no more mood swings. I used to have VERY heavy periods and this is heaven compared to before. A warning though, you will get brown discharge sometimes if your period isn't as often or heavy. I've been on three different birth control pills and this is the only one where I haven't gained weight, acne, or cramps.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate