User Reviews for Lutera

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lutera reviews 131 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Lutera

Review by DaniJoe (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for 5 months and I have noticed HUGE mood swings, feel depressed but I have lost weight. I have just started unprotected sex and it scares me, but my doctor told me it is what birth control is for so you are fine! I feel nauseous constantly though. I just got put on a higher dose as well but other than that I like this birth control!

April 12, 2014 9:44 AM
Review by Meep123r8r555555: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking birth control for about a year now and my doctor just switched me on to Lutera from Aviane. I've been on it for 2 months now and though it's effective, I have to say it makes me a little nauseous at the start of a new pack and I've gained like 10 lbs. Acne is a teeny bit worse but I'm also using a new soap so that may or may not be it. My breasts have gotten fuller but when I PMS they HURT. I guess these are normal for a birth control in general though.

April 4, 2014 10:11 PM
Review by PearlyMay: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm about 3 pills away from finishing my first pack...My experience is ok so far.. I say ok because I started the pack 3 days before my period ..worst mistake ever.. my period was super heavy for 4 days and had really bad cramping ..My advice for first timers is wait until you end your period and start taking the pill right after. Because I didn't wait now I have my period again (this time it's really light.. still cramping) hopefully by this next pack my period is on track. On a good note my skin is clear from acne and I went up a cup size. Breasts are still tender but I'm hoping that goes away. I have gained some weight but I'm working on losing it. Some PMS, Nothing crazy. I can say I'm pleased with Lutera so far.

April 4, 2014 2:11 AM
Review by litho: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: My daughter took Lutera for two years. It took two months but it definitely helped with her acne. She was very happy. Fast forward two years later and now we are not sure what is going on but the old acne is coming back. Time to find a new birth control.

March 21, 2014 11:17 PM
Review by jas20: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is the first type of birth control that I have been on and it has worked out great. I have been on Lutera for 9 months now and will be going back have my doctor refill the prescription. The first month I experienced some mild headaches and irregular bleeding, nothing serious. My breasts have gotten a little larger, my period shorter and lighter. All is good so far!

March 21, 2014 10:02 PM
Review by laura7231994: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was on Lutera for 9 months. It was great. The only side effects i experienced were my acne clearing up and my breasts increasing a cup size. I am extremely active in my sex life and I didn't get pregnant; I trust this pill a lot. But for my last two periods I started spotting for the whole third week of pills and then having a very heavy period, so my doctor is putting me on a higher dose of a similar medicine, I'm just hoping it is exactly the same but with a normal period. Other than that I would highly recommend this birth control.

March 17, 2014 1:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am on my last week on my second pack. I only have one of the pink pills left. I had my period a week early last month. And this month I haven't started at all. I'm really worried. I'm waiting it out. Other than this I have had no problem.

March 14, 2014 10:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Been on it for three weeks. I'm loving it. It makes me drowsy, my appetite has changes a bit and I was a little moody but its great. I have even lost weight. My sex drive is way higher than it was before taking this pill.

March 12, 2014 11:17 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: At first I hated this pill but had a 3 month supply. In the first 2 months I had spotting all the time, crazy mood swings, intense cravings and cramps around PMS time and was loosing a dramatic amount of hair. On the bright side my acne was non existent and I noticed weight loss. By the 3rd month I feel most symptoms cleared.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2014 8:21 PM
Review by Kelly O: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking Lutera for 7 months now. The first 3 months I hard horrible, painful bloating every time I ate anything. That has subsided, but I have gained a lot of weight, my hair and finger nails are growing rapidly, but are very brittle, my acne has gotten worse, my breasts are larger and more tender, and I get frequent headaches. I have been on several other birth control pills and they all gave me insane mood swings. I don't seem to have that problem with this pill.

February 19, 2014 11:48 PM
Review by Wildhoney777 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Lutera left me exhausted, and I felt nauseated all the time. Yet unlike other birth controls I've tried it did not give me nasty mood swings. It made me feel calm and pleasant. My breasts grew at least another cup size, which some would consider a positive, but I've paid a lot of money for a breast reduction and do not want large breasts! So overall, it was great for my mood but left me feeling so tired and sick that I just couldn't stay on it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 17, 2014 11:49 PM
Review by _nico_: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is a success story: I was so scared to start taking birth control because of all of the possible side effects. I have a history of anxiety and depression and I was afraid it would make this worse. I was pleasantly surprised! I have been taking Lutera for 3 months now and never had any negative side effects. It has actually improved my life. My hormones have leveled out, no more anxiety or depression. My breasts grew a cup size and without any tenderness or heaviness! My skin is clear and smooth. I used to have the worst cramps every month (fainting, vomiting, and staying home all day from the pain). This month I hardly felt them and now I don't have to rely on pain killers each month and I know when it will come! No pregnancy scares!

February 3, 2014 8:08 PM
Review by JH3588 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: A couple years ago I took Lutera for a year and didn't have too many problems. I stopped taking it, then re-started 6 months ago. This time was bad. My mood was off - little things would make me super aggravated or want to cry, while "better" days made me extremely happy and hyper. Also had on-off dryness down there - pretty uncomfortable, esp. sex-wise. WORST part was the 2-week periods I got on this pill. For five months straight, I had my period for 1/2 the month, with cramps, lower back pain, irritability, and heavy bleeding. The gyno kept saying it was my body adjusting, but after the 5th month of this, I'm taking a break for birth control for a month and then switching to another pill.

February 3, 2014 2:50 PM
Review by taylorrene: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started Lutera about 7 months ago and I love it (now). The only reason I give it an eight was the first three months I had horrible migraines but just figured that was my body adjusting. I bleed and cramp less. I gained about 5 lbs. And my face is pretty clear.

February 2, 2014 7:42 PM
Review by Andrearose650 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Took lutera for 5 months, probably my worst birth control experience. Pros: Not Pregnant! So, at least that part worked. Cons: my face EXPLODED in acne. Other kinds I've tried controlled the acne very well, but this seemed to make my skin turn into a minefield of sore, red, under-the-skin pimples. I've been off it for almost 2 months and my face is much better. Also, had terrible mood swings. I even hit my boyfriend with a shoe :( I've felt much better and much more like myself since then. It gave me this strange, clear discharge all the tim too, that is all gone now.

January 19, 2014 4:53 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Lutera for 3 months now, and I'M GAINING SO MUCH WEIGHT! The weight gain makes me sad. This pill makes me feel so lazy and emotional. My skin is better than normal though. Plus I'm not pregnant!

January 18, 2014 11:32 PM
Review by nani10: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Lutera about a year and 3 months, and I love it. Clear skin, no weight gain but I lost some, no mood swings, no cramps, no tender breasts, no pregnancies. I had heavy 7 days periods now I have light 5 day periods which is awesome.

January 9, 2014 2:48 AM
Review by Taylove619: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is my second birth control, I started off with Microgestin and it worked okay for me but my periods were extremely irregular and my breasts were so sore that even slightly touching them on accident would hurt a lot. Now that I've been through a full pack of Lutera, I really do like it. Other than the fact that I seem to cry at every little thing and seem to irritate a little more easily, my period was on point this month, and it lasted only 4 days. Although before I started, I cramped really terribly, I'm thinking that since it was my first month on Lutera, that should subside as my body gets used to it. My skin is the clearest it's ever been, my breasts grew a little, I gained a little weight, but it seems to work for me quite nicely!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2013 8:57 PM
Review by ad3923xx: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm currently starting my fourth pack of Lutera. This past month for me has been a bit nuts for me and my boyfriend. I've been overly emotional and anxious beyond belief. I AM dealing with emotional triggers but I feel Lutera has exacerbated things. I've had a loss of appetite but I don't know if that's because I'm loosing my mind. Ugh, birth control. On the other side, my breast have been fuller than normal, which has been a perk. My flow and pre-menstrual physical symptoms have been just fine. No unusual cramping, spotting, etc. I'm continuing with Lutera for another 3 months and am hoping to see my emotions settle down.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2013 11:53 AM
Review by pinecones:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this medication for about 5 months now. It instantaneously changed my apappetite. I've been eating constantly and have gained about 10 pounds since I went on it. I was about 120 before and am now about 130. I was extremely moody the first few weeks I went on Lutera but my mood has evened out a bit since then, although it's not completely back to normal. My acne has cleared up a lot which is nice. Haven't gotten pregnant so that's a bonus. I've gotten headaches while on Lutera, sometimes they get pretty bad. My periods are lighter and my cramps don't hurt nearly as bad. I like this birth control and plan to keep on using it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 6, 2013 5:03 PM
Review by AWESOME BC I LOVE IT (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I just recently started Lutera. I love it. I've been through so many other birth controls. I've had no serious side effect occasionally I'll get a tad moody but overall I'm absolutely satisfied no pregnancy's and I'm losing weight. Great.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2013 11:08 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been switching from birth control to birth control, trying to find what works the best with my body. Lutera is okay; my acne is manageable, no weight gain/loss, and no depression. I don't like how it makes me nauseous a lot, but maybe that's just with the starting months. I really don't like how it is giving me cramps (I'm nowhere near my period week) and COMPLETELY took away my sex drive. It scares me when a medication gives me a certain reaction, but it scares me even more when the medication takes something away from me that I was fine with.

November 29, 2013 2:27 PM
Review by Traytay (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've started on Lutera due to the fact that my last birth control pill caused mood swings and low libido. Otherwise, it was a great pill. So far with Lutera, my mood swings are gone but I have spotting after hitting the 2nd week mark. Never had this before, so its incredibly annoying. Giving it time to work itself out and hopefully things improve!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 25, 2013 7:46 AM
Review by AnonGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Lutera is discontinued now and I miss it. It was the best birth control I'd had, no side effects. Mild bloating, but everything else was great on it.

November 20, 2013 12:10 PM
Review by am2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: PROS- PERFECT acne free skin CONS -breakthrough bleeding every month for 9 MONTHS but whatever -melasma on cheeks and forehead starting to appear (I'm only 24.. got some laser facial and hydroquinone cream/serum daily) Not an abnormal amount of depression or any mood swings and my sex drive was normal. Just switched to Levora to help the breakthrough bleeding but I've noticed some acne coming back after just 5 pills of the new one. Might be switching back to Lutera just for the clear skin!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate