Medication Guide App

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lutera reviews 159 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Lutera

Review by Linzee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have been on lutera for 8 months now and so far my experience has been great! My obgyn switched me from safyral to this because it was over $100 a month. But my periods are only 5 days long with a medium to light flow. I bled extremely heavy before ever on the pill. I have had no weight gain, actually lost 2 pants sizes, no unusual mood swings, breasts went down a cup size but seem perkier, and no babies. The only thing I have noticed is a little bit of breast tenderness before my period and I only get slightly moody at PMS time. It has been a good pill for me so far. Every woman is different, but I highly recommend this pill.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2015 2:28 PM

Review by CharHolly:

For Birth Control: I was on Lutera from October 2011 - October 2013 and it was amazing. My periods were on time every month, I had no severe cramping, my mood swings died down a lot and it protected me. In the 2 years I took Lutera every day and it was the best birth control I ever took. No weight gain, no acne, it was perfect. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking it as I didn't have enough money to afford another years worth of birth control. And 3 months later I found out I was pregnant with my son who is now 5 months old! My OBGYN prescribed me Microgestion Fe 1.5/20 BC and I'm trying to switch back to it and Lutera is the birth control I know that worked for me

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2015 12:35 AM

Review by SirenMaya (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Lutera non-stop for about 5 years. Pros: Never had any noticeable weight gains, acne, mood swings, cramping, or any other side effects that would be linked to the pills. Also no pregnancies, which is kind of the whole point! Cons: Within the past year or two, I've noticed a big decrease in sex drive. Also stopped taking it for a week or two recently (was on antibiotics) and my next period was medium flow for almost two weeks. Noticed my PMS kicked in big time when I took that time off.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 4:37 PM

Review by Girl87! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I am 27, small-frame body constitution: 5ft 4'' tall, norm weight 113, married. Previously, I have been taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about 2.5 years and I have gained 12 extra pounds to my normal weight. As I said, with OTC Lo I have experienced all kinds of side effects from weight gain and face swelling (fluid retention) to hair loss, 9-day periods and mood swings. I didn't feel/ behave feminine at all. Having switched to Lutera, I noticed the difference - it took about 4 days for these extraz around my waist area to disappear, I gained half-cup size, I feel very lady-like compared to the OTC Lo (don't laugh but this is how the previous pill affected me), my periods are down to 5 days and are relatively painless.It agrees with my body.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2015 10:08 AM

Review by KeilaK:

For Birth Control: This is my first time being on ANY birth control ever..I have no nausea or any sickness.. slight headache the first couple of days taking it.. I think my mood is changing only because I am tired of spotting every day! It's annoying, my doctor said that it is normal and to give it at least two months to regulate. I hope she's right...

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2015 3:25 PM

Review by Jennifer Z. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I am 19 years old & I have been taking Lutera for about seven months now. I have had hormonal problems and have noticed that this is a great solution. The pills are small and easy to take along with my other medications. The first two months of taking it I felt pretty nauseous & my breasts were a little tender. I started having sex about five months ago & I was very nervous at first about getting pregnant, however after being on this contraception, I am confident that this is a genuinely effective pill to take. I strongly recommend!!

January 30, 2015 5:58 PM

Review by J. Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm 19 and I started taking Lutera 4 months ago. It's been working pretty well for me, but I had a horrible period, mood swings and nausea in the first month I took it. After that, my periods were light and the only side effect that stuck around was some breast tenderness and mild cramping on the first day of my period. Also, it caused my breasts to grow larger, even though I weigh the same as when I started it. It's a great birth control pill once you get past the first few weeks.

January 7, 2015 4:22 AM

Review by k-s-hh129 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I really liked this birth control and wanted to continue using it, but after 3 months, it started causing big zits on my chin around the time of my period so I stopped. Other than that, no other bad side effects that I noticed.

December 23, 2014 2:45 AM

Review by Morgan94 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love this birth control! I've been using Lutera for a month now. First time ever being on anything and at first I was very nauseous the first week taking it. I believe that was just my body getting used to it. I did spot after receiving my period. I've lost a total of 6 pounds in the first month and my breast have gotten slightly plumper. Haven't experienced any mood swings. I guess everything works differently for everyone.

December 16, 2014 2:47 PM

Review by Tyquisha (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I love it. My first 2-3 months were pretty terrible and I felt pretty sick, but I haven't had any problems since. My periods are always same day and same time as well. My face is pretty clear of acne and my breasts are definitely bigger, which is good (!) but it also keeps babies away, so it's a pro!

December 16, 2014 10:35 AM

Review by Liz Adkins:

For Birth Control: I have been on Lutera for a few years now. I could not be happier with the results! I noticed after the first few packs my period was diminishing. After about 4 months I had no period at all: no spotting, no bleeding, no pms, no cramps, no mood swings. I took several pregnancy tests over the next few months because I was scared that I didn't get a period. But I was never pregnant! So after all this time I'm still having no period and no PMS symptoms. I have to explain everytime I go to the doctor why I can't put an answer on the question " when was the last date of your menstrual cycle?"

December 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Review by kna (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: With Lutera I had a good experience. I had light but regular periods. My only complaint was I got horrible headaches right before my period and during my period. My cramps were tolerable if at all. I did not notice any weight gain and my moods were pretty regular. I only switched to something different because the headaches were too much and I got a new doctor and she said that there were too much hormones in this and lowered my dose of estrogen with a different birth control.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2014 11:58 PM

Review by ClaraJuliet:

For Birth Control: Lutera helped regulate my irregular periods. I've had absolutely NO side effects since starting it 8 months ago. Breasts are slightly more plump without any discomfort, score! I've previously taken other forms of BC which I had experienced crazy mood swings. Lutera is definitely a winner for me!

November 2, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by Kandee W:

For Birth Control: This is the only birth control that has ever gotten my cycle regulated for a long period of time. Usually I will switch medicines only to have it regulated for 3-4 months, then everything to go haywire again. With Lutera, I have no breakthrough bleeding or spotting, no headaches or body aches, and no weight gain. I love this birth control. Before I was on this, I was very anemic from an abnormal period (bleeding 2-3 weeks out of the month), but now I don't even have to take my iron supplement. Also, I am not pregnant, so it works there, too, which is good.

October 14, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Chjgfhlgdv:

For Birth Control: I've been on it for 7 months now and it has been a good experience. At first I was scared to take it due to the possible side effects, and weight gain! Only the first month I experienced mild headaches and morning sickness but I think it was my body adjusting to it. No weight gain at all which makes it great, my periods are regular always on time, and cramps got better. The only thing I noticed that I get emotional the first week of starting a new package, but it helps having a very comprehensive boyfriend other than that the pill is great! I enjoy my sex better, without stressing of getting pregnant! I'll soon be getting my 8th and 9th package.

October 7, 2014 10:45 PM

Review by FL2835 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started Lutera about a month ago. I was on the Nuvaring before that. I switched to Lutera because being as active as I am, the Nuvaring somehow found it's way out. Lutera is the first birth control pill that I have taken, and my experience has been great so far. The pills are small and easy to swallow which was a huge plus! I did not have breakthrough bleeding on the pill like I did with the Nuvaring {I skip my periods purposely by starting a new pack instead of the inactive week pill/Nuvaring} so that was fantastic as well. No pregnancies here, so it's been very effective for that! I never had any nausea with the pill, but I did have some weight gain {about 6 pounds, which did not make me happy!}.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by Pcoser (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I took Lutera for a year, it was my second try on the pill since my first attempt with Loestrin Fe was horrid. I got acne spots every once in a while, but nothing big. My breasts were insanely tender almost constantly. My sex drive was destroyed by the end of my one year of trying this pill, and I would get SO moody. My poor boyfriend had to go through a lot with me taking this pill and I gained 50lbs. I never did notice a difference in my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome-related symptoms, which was a bummer. It could work for someone else, I'm sure though, since birth control affect everyone differently. I'm on Nexplanon now, which has given me absolute clear skin, my sex drive is back and my moodiness is normal again. No more crying at the drop of a hat.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by klh028:

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control pill I've been on and I started taking it the same time as Lexapro (anti-anxiety). I conquered all of my anxiety problems and stopped taking it, however I have gained 10 lbs since April and my acne has been horrible. I've read a lot of reviews about Lutera and have noticed the same things. I dont have cramps or bleed near as bad, however the day before I start my period and the day after the last sugar pill I'm an absolute nightmare. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm looking for a different pill. I'm asking my doctor about it as soon as I get home.

July 16, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I have been taking Lutera since Aug 2012 and everything is good. I did gain a couple extra pounds (which I shed off pretty quick due to having a fast metabolism) but that beats being pregnant when you are not ready. Also my breasts are HUGE and I am LOVING it! I have been taking this because of my irregular periods. I did have slight bleeding a few months ago for about 2-3 days but after reading the pamphlet, that was listed as a side effect. I have noticed that I am a bit more moody but all in all it works great for me. Everybody is different so if it works for you, great. If not there are dozens of other pills/methods.

July 14, 2014 4:30 AM

Review by EllaBella9859:

For Birth Control: I started Lutera in January. I felt very nauseous almost all the time in the first month. My breasts grew significantly. My acne has cleared up. I did notice that I am very emotional and moody ever since I started Lutera especially the day before my period. I'm pretty consistent with when I take the pill. I usually take it around 10-11am but for the days I almost forget and take it at night, I feel really sick the next day.

June 29, 2014 3:54 AM

Review by Cute face (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I was quiet nervous about talking this pill, because I have had such bad experience with the shot. I'm on my 11 day of taking Lutera. I started on them the first day I received my period....and I've been bleeding ever since...very heavy at that, not a very happy camper. I have never bled this long.

June 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by ash..:

For Birth Control: Started it two months ago and the only problem i have had with it is the fact that I am off my period for a few days and I start back up on it for a week and again the next week, been this way since I started. I have had regular periods with other birth controls and I was regular when I wasn't on the pill. I personally don't like having a period every other week and I take the pill everyday at 9am.

June 14, 2014 8:25 PM

Review by Samansa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Lutera for about 4 years now and its been pretty good! No huge complaints at all here! My breasts definitely got bigger but besides that not much weight gain as others have mentioned. I do have mood swings ever since I started Lutera but I mostly just cry easier when I'm PMSing and that's it. As for effectiveness it works great and I pretty much have my period down to the hour at which I know it will start. If you take the pill as instructed, it works great!

June 5, 2014 1:54 AM

Review by Scared to take BC (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I was scared to take birth control pills because I recently had a tough fight with depression, and I didn't want to go through mood swings during the adjustment period for these pills. However, also noticed that when I was depressed, I was at my worst the days before my period. I've been taking these for two weeks, and I've noticed NO SIDE EFFECTS at all. I actually have been feeling better than ever! Of course, this is my body and everyone else's can react differently. YOU DON"T KNOW HOW YOU'LL REACT TILL YOU TRY IT.

May 28, 2014 10:32 PM

Review by Snikki:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 3 months. In this time, I've gained some weight. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and am a pretty health conscious person so there is no reason for this to happen. I've never had a problem with my skin but over the last 3 months I haven't gone a day without a pimple on my face, and my back and chest are not okay. I feel so gross. I do so much to take care of myself and after looking at my daily life, the only thing I can attribute these things to is my pill. It is also the only medication I take.

May 20, 2014 1:57 AM