User Reviews for LoSeasonique

Learn more about LoSeasonique.

LoSeasonique review summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 201 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for LoSeasonique to treat Birth Control

Review by Bonz1212:

I have been on LoSeasonique for 6 weeks now. The first 2 weeks I had no breakthrough bleeding. Around week 3 I started spotting for a couple of days then it would stop for a couple of days. I am now on week 6 and the breakthrough hasn't stopped. It's putting a damper on my thoughts of the pill. I will continue taking this pill through the first pack (3 month) and decide then if I want to continue taking it. The main purpose for taking this pill was to decrease my periods and I have been bleeding more than before. I usually have very mild cramping and have noticed the cramping has worsened these past 3 weeks.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2011 3:14 PM

Review by $eductive:

I've been on the pill for almost a month, no break through bleeding, but light cramps and headaches but not severe. I guess I can say that's good compared to some others comments but I'm getting off the pill today because I just got on it because I wanted fewer periods but I absolutely hate cramps and headaches. Hope it works for you.

December 30, 2010 3:06 PM

Lo-Seasonique is a good birth control, and awesome to not have a period for 3 months. I had stopped taking birth control for a year because of migraines, they improved and then worsened again. MD put me on Lo-Seasonique. Initially I had breakthrough bleeding, had never had problems before. I read up on it, and to all of you that have problems, change the time you are taking the pill and take it with/after food and/or something acidic (orange juice). The reason for a lot of breakthrough is high estrogen not being absorbed. Otherwise I have had minor cramping periodically if I miss ONE pill. I do notice a drop in sex drive, and just heavy feeling. But minor changes. Otherwise now almost a year on it, it's awesome.

December 14, 2010 11:58 AM

Review by never ending spotting:

I am almost finished the second month in my first 3 month pack and the first five weeks were great. I only had mild nausea the first 4 days I started taking Loseasonique and it stopped pretty quickly. After 5 weeks I started spotting and it has not stopped and I am on week 9. It's just ridiculous. I want to know when it will stop. I am going on vacation in 2 weeks and I do not want to have to carry around panty liners and tampons. I am not unsatisfied with the pill just a little disappointed that I have no idea when the spotting will end.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2010 11:53 AM

The first pack my doctor wanted me to stop after the first month to try to see what effect the medicine would have with my period and to only continue if there was no abnormalities. I followed her instructions and toward the last 2 weeks of the 3rd set, I started seeing some "color" that led to spotting. And my period took a while to start during the yellow pills, but was short and light. Now that I am on the 2nd pack toward the end, just about a week ago, I started spotting again. But this time it's heavier/more constant. Rarely worth a pantyliner or anything at all, just really annoying because I don't know if it will get heavier at any moment, stop, or stick around until the "real" period comes. And will it get worse for the next pack?

November 19, 2010 4:19 PM

Review by Honest_Revew:

When my OBGYN switched my birth control pill to LoSeasonique in an attempt to relieve my severe cramps and menstrual migraines I was hopeful. During my 3 month trial, I found that the severity of my migraines intensified and spotting was equal to that of a light period. I understand that spotting may occur and should decrease over time; however I was forced to wear a panty liner every day (sometimes 2/day!) for 3 months. I am no longer taking LoSeasonique.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2010 12:33 AM

My OBGYN switched me to this pill in hopes to reduce my menstrual migraines I suffer with every month. While I have not had any migraines, I have been bleeding for 3 weeks straight, have a horrible outbreak of acne and very bad nausea since starting this medication two months ago. At this point I think I'd rather live with the monthly migraine than be bleeding all the time and look like like I have chicken pox on my face.

October 31, 2010 11:22 PM

I started taking LoSeasonique about 3 weeks ago. Since I've started taking it I've experienced many negative side effects such as cramping, gaining 10 lbs, intense mood swings where I will cry for no reason, get angry extremely easily, and a significant increase in acne. I will continue to take this medication for the next 3 months and see if things will change once the medication has been in my system for long enough. But like they say this pill is different for everyone.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2010 8:00 PM

I am on my second pack, (a week and a day has past) and I haven't had my period yet. I took a pregnancy test, it was negative, but I still am concerned about no period.

August 9, 2010 8:57 AM

Review by Liz9999:

I was on LoSeasonique for almost a year. The first few months were great, some spotting every now and then but nothing major. About 2 months ago, I took a pill one day late. Consequently, I have been spotting for the entire two months. My gyno tried everything, putting me on a weeks worth of estrogen and then a regimen of taking multiple pills a day for week. Nothing worked. I've been miserable and bloated and have gained a few pounds. Before this, I really liked this pill. If you take it, make sure you take it at the SAME time every single day. She said pills with this low dose of hormones are more likely to to do this. I'm currently having to switch to another pill just to make the bleeding stop.

August 6, 2010 5:21 PM

Review by endres:

I have the same situation as what was described by momto3b2g. Basically started from week 7: spotting to pantyliner to regular pad (week 11). When you read the forum, the "endless period" problem was brought up quite often, but was never mentioned as the possible "side effects".

August 2, 2010 6:10 PM

Review by Lexi23:

My previous birth control worked wonderfully, beautiful skin and I did not get pregnant. However, my PMS became difficult to deal with, headaches, nausea, and fatigue. My doctor suggested I try LoSeasonique to avoid the PMS. I must say I was very scared because of all the negative reviews I found on the internet. I am happy to say it has been eights weeks and I am symptom free, no spotting, and best of all no PMS. One important thing I do is to stick to my 10 pm schedule everyday. I noticed they stressed this in the pamphlet, which made me concerned things might go wrong if I did not follow. Overall I am very pleased especially since I have not taken any pain killers the entire time. Hope this helps.

June 10, 2010 2:39 AM

I am on my first three month pack I started taking them to have fewer periods. During week 5 I started spotting if thats what you'll call it and I am on week six and still spotting. If I had known I would be having an endless period I would have never stared taking them considering my periods were short anyway. On the plus side my skin does look a little better. If this doesnt get better by the time I am finished with this pack I dont think I'm going to start another pack.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2010 12:09 PM

Review by momto3b2g:

I went on LoSeasonique hoping to stop my period and in return have had an endless one. The first week I started the pack, I started my regular period. Week 2 and 3 I had spotting that did not need a pantyliner, okay I could handle "spotting". Weeks 4 and 5 I had to wear panty liners. Week 6 possibly my regular period as I had to wear tampons the flow was heavier. Week 7 still flowing pretty good and wearing tampons. Week 8 I am still very heavy. I have called Gyn and I will be going to Doctor today. So much for my dreams of not having a period. Sex life has been totally on halt due to this as well.

May 5, 2010 11:39 AM

Love this birth control. I hate having a period every month. The first cycle of pills I had a lot of spotting. The second pack very little spotting. Will be a year in a month and I'm very happy I have none of the side effects I have been reading about so far. Very little spotting. Yay, for 4 periods a year!!!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2010 4:17 PM

I have been on LoSeasonique for 2 months now. I'm experiencing hair loss, increased appetite, and severe migraines! My face is breaking out and extremely dry, and I've been having bleeding on and off for up to 7 days consecutively. This birth control is absolutely not worth taking in my opinion!

January 30, 2010 8:52 PM

Review by steffanii:

I have read so many comments on this birth control. I was on Seasonique (Doctor recommended for endometriosis) before LOSeasonique, because when I went to my doctors office and asked for samples (due to insurance changes) they were out of Seasonique, and only had Loseasonique. I asked the nurse if they were any different in dosage (wondering if I'd have more chances at getting pregnant) and she said they were about the same. LoSeasonique is my 5th pack already... and well I can say that it's helped me a lot when it comes to preventing pregnancy. Every 3 months I have had a super light period for over a year now. I have never really broke out only with stress... I just hate that I gained weight, have normally low grade fevers and cant sleep at night.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2010 3:08 AM

I've been taking Seasonique for a little over a month now. Within in the first month, I experienced some pain in my uterus (which only lasted a couple days, no big deal), flared up acne, moodiness, increased appetite, decreased sex drive, and dryness. I was so frustrated with all of this, I'd already made up my mind that I was going back to Ortho Tri Cyclen, but since I started the second month of pills, all these side effects seem to be decreasing. Now I'm not sure whether I want to keep taking Seasonique, or if I want to just switch back. If you're happy with your current birth control method, DO NOT switch just because you want fewer periods.

December 27, 2009 11:13 AM

When I first started LoSeasonique, I had light spotting within a week that only lasted four days. Now I have finished my first three packs and didn't get my period when taking the yellow pills. I am now 1 1/2 weeks into the next batch and still no spotting or anything! I Think I should get a preagnancy test just to be sure but If Im not preagnant Then this is the best Pill ever!!! So far I have not had any other side effects that many have had.

November 29, 2009 7:04 PM

I have been on this pill for a month and half now. I have experienced an increase in my eating, I have been getting dizzy for a few minutes, and a rash of whitish pimples on my chest and on my forearm that I have never had before. I haven't experienced any bleeding or any period at all which is good because my periods were pretty bad. I just hope these side effects go away.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2009 7:16 PM

I have been taking Loseasonique for 3 and a half weeks now, and for the past 2 weeks or so have been experiencing what I think is spotting? I really hope this goes away soon because it defeats the purpose of taking this pill. I would rather get my period for 4 days like I usually do than to have "spotting" for 2 weeks. I Also have mild acne increase, along with some abnormal emotional sensitivity. I'm going to try to stick it out for another 2 weeks or so at least but I don't know how long I can handle the "spotting" , and I'm afraid of possible future side effects.

November 3, 2009 10:31 PM

I am just finished my 2nd week of pills, but had to go off from the medicine do to sudden severe panic attacks and hypertension. Just stopped taking them today and hoping the effects go away quickly!! Could have possibly been an allergic reaction. Also had bleeding for the entire 2 weeks so far.

November 3, 2009 4:37 PM

I'm just finishing my second month of pills. I had a crazy increase in appetite the first month, but it's evened out now. But now I've been experiencing breakthrough bleeding for about nine days. I really hope it stops.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2009 2:58 PM

Review by ssliwa23:

Starting off with my condition before LoSeasonique... I had heavy periods, by the time I turned 20 my cramps were so bad that I had to rest a day and apply a heat pack. My skin was always breaking out and it was only worse in the summer. I went to my doctor and he offered me three options: herb supplements, hormone pills or BC pills. I chose the last one. I'm not sexually active but college worries me so I figured better be safe than sorry. After starting it, my skin was clearing up, my periods are still existing but are so light that I usually don't have to wear anything and my cramps are very mild. The only thing I recently experienced was 2 week period and some spotting, but as I said, it was very light. I'm glad I chose option three

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2009 9:37 AM

I was put on this pill to help out with my crazy emotions that I get about a week before my period. I almost done with my first 3 month dose and I have found that I have a big increase in my appetite. I have been experiencing more severe migrains and I get dizzy/lightheaded for a couple of minutes quite often. My skin has been breaking out with little pimples that are coverable but I can feel them and have never been there before. I have been on a variety of pills and this one has seemed to give me the most side effects. Since I have been on this pill I find myself getting extremely emotional about little things.

September 20, 2009 8:49 PM