User Reviews for LoSeasonique

Learn more about LoSeasonique.

LoSeasonique Review Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 212 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for LoSeasonique to treat Birth Control

"I have had the absolutely worst time with this birth control. At first, I was on the original Seasonique - I had to switch to the Lo Seasonique because with the original, I had the worst cramping, moodiness, bleeding, ever. I thought the lower strength would be the perfect pill for me. Boy, was I ever wrong. I haven't had a regular period yet, and I have been taking this medication for over a year. I bleed an average of 21 days - I am period-free one week, and then have a full-brown cycle for five days. The 3-month period-free thing sounded so good - especially because I usually miss work or class because of horrible periods, but this was very counterproductive. I'm going to try the implant or go back to the regular pill."

Ladysisqo01 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

"I've been on this for over 3 years and I would say its the best one I've been on. Pros: Dramatic reduction in pain from cramps. Con's: Nauseous on the first pack Spotting during the first few packs After 3 years, I get about 2 hours of spotting as my 'period'. Kind of unnerving when your sexually active. To me, the pro makes the con's worth it because my cramping was so bad it made me vomit from pain. 100% worth it to me."

Skelly2476 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2015

"I have been taking LoSeasonique for years. I have never had problems with it until lately. Due to my new job I have been bad at taking the pill the same time every day which is causing a lot of spotting, which is my fault. But I have noticed a decrease in sex drive. Otherwise I have never had a problem with this for 5 years."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2014

"In my case, the convenience of only having 4 periods a year outweighs the inconvenience of having decreased sex drive."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2012

"I was on Loestrin and I had gained 25 lbs over a 2 year period. I switched over to LoSeasonique because its the same hormone I took when I first started taking birth control pills 15 years ago. Over a 2 month period I was able to drop almost all the weight I had gained. I was on the Brand name LoSeasonique for 9 months with zero side effects and then I was switched to generic. Over 1 month I gained 7 lbs and became very moody (just as I was on the Loestrin) I have asked my DR to send over a new prescription with no generic marked. I will pay the extra not to be such a mess!"

Samsa2001 April 5, 2012

"I started taking Loseasonique just about a year ago. Before this I took Yaz for about 6 years. My doc recommended Loseasonique so I agreed to try it. The first pack was not to bad. No spotting, but I was very nauseated. On the second pack I began spotting and this continued for weeks at a time. Soon after I began to notice my skin was breaking out. (I have never had acne before). During the third pack the break through bleeding continued, as did the acne (now spread to my back and chest), also I started having headaches on a daily basis. To the point where I could no longer function. I am now at the end of my fourth pack and have been spotting for the entire last month! Getting off soon."

Anonymous March 12, 2012

"I have been on this birth control for a little over a year now and I CANNOT wait to switch my birth control in 2 weeks. Although I have not experienced any weight gain, acne, or emotional changes, this pill has made me spot like CRAZY. I would be fine for the first month of the pills but literally, as soon as I start the second pack of the pills until I get my period, I spot. It is infuriating! I told my doctor about this problem and she told me that you have to take this pill at the EXACT same time every day. No being 10, 20, 30 minutes late because otherwise you spot. I honestly thought I did a darn good job of taking my pill on time and yet I still experience bleeding. "

Anonymous March 3, 2012

"I have been reading some of the reviews and I wanted to remind people that birth control is extremely individual. The right birth control for one person may not be right for another. The way your body reacts to the birth control is a big factor in how well it works for you and is not consistent among everyone. I, personally, love LoSeasonique. I switched about 2 years ago after my previous birth control started giving me migraines and making me sick. LoSeasonique allows me to have only 4 periods a year, and when I do have them they are very light. It took about a month to adjust to it, but after that, it was great! Completely took away my PMS symptoms and does not wreak havoc on the rest of my body."

Anonymous February 1, 2012

"I have been on it for 7 months now. During my first pack I had a lot of breakthrough bleeding but it went away by my 2nd month. The main thing I like is my moods are more stable and overall better. And no PMS! However, I must say my sex drive has decreased a ton. It does have its pros and cons."

Anonymous January 5, 2012

"I'm on my third set of LoSeasonique. I originally started using LoSeasonique to help control my periods when I would experience extreme cramping and migraines to the point that I could not function. I started LoSeasonique and haven't experienced any migraines or cramps since. I haven't had any spotting. My periods are lighter and only last three days. My sex drive has increased and I have been less moody. Overall a GREAT pill."

Anonymous November 17, 2011

"I also started an endless period beginning month #2 of the pill. It started as spotting, then turned into a full-on period. I'm going on week 3 of bleeding and maintaining worse cramps than I had before I was on the pill. I'm calling my doctor today to see if I should stop taking the pill, I just don't understand why it is extending my period."

britt8818 November 10, 2011

"I've been on LoSeasonique for about a month and one week. I take the pill every day at the same time. Haven't missed a day. I was spotting for two weeks, then I started my period. I've been on my period for a week and a half. I'm staying on it just to see if it gets better. But it is not worth only having your period every three months. This is torture. Plus I have the worst cramps of my life."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

"After the birth of my son in June 2011, I started Lo Seasonique. Before the birth of my son, I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and loved it with no problems. I only stayed on Lo Seasonique for one month due to a flow like a heavy period on an almost every day basis. It stopped for two weeks on the second month, and started again very heavily with severe abdominal pain and cramping. The only reason I wanted to try LoSeasonique was for the "fewer periods" purposes. After trying LoSeasonique for a three months (one pack), I have discontinued the use and will be going back to Ortho Tri Cyclen!"

Anonymous October 10, 2011

"I have been taking this for a little over a month now. Not satisfied yet. I have had ALOT of spotting happening, I get cramps (of which was something I was trying to NOT get) which still causes me to take my pain medication, I also have had the worst acne I have ever had in my whole life. I have never had it this badly. If after 3 months nothing has changed. I will be done with this product and onto another. I have a wedding in a week and am sad to say this pill caused my skin to look like this. So much for flawless skin on my day and honeymoon."

Not Pleased September 27, 2011

"I've only been on this birth control for about a week. So far I haven't experienced any side effects. I read a lot of reviews that talked about heavy spotting, I'm hoping that this won't happen to me or I'll have to change it. This is my first time on birth control."

cswan5 September 13, 2011

"I have the biggest, reddest and most painful pimples I have ever had in my life. I even have a cyst on the side of my nose. This all started about 1 week after starting this birth control and it has just gotten worse during the second week. I am calling my gyno and going back on Yaz. It is the only birth control that I have ever taken that has made my complexion perfect. Your experience may be different but I am 23 years old and I am completely embarrassed to leave my condo because my skin is so awful."

Pimple Face September 3, 2011

"I find if you were on a birth control before Loseasonique you will already have the hormones in your system and will have less side effects!"

Anonymous August 2, 2011

"So far so good with this pill - I am 3 weeks in and haven't had any breakthrough bleeding or mood changes. I am on it for the prevention of menstrual migraines, and so far I've gotten 1 but I imagine it'll take time, even so, 1 is an improvement. I've also noticed that my sex drive is much higher... like, MUCH higher!"

Anonymous July 31, 2011

"I'm on my last week of my 2nd 3-month pack of Loseasonique. I started the first 3-month pack and in the middle of the 2nd month, I had really bad breakthrough bleeding for 2 and a half weeks. Then during the last week of the 3-month pack, I had my pill period for 2 weeks instead of one. The same thing happened in the middle of the 2nd month of the 3-month pack, for about the same amount of time. And now, I'm halfway through the pill period week, and still no period."

Anonymous July 27, 2011

"I have take LoSeasonique for 9 months now (3 packs). At first it was great and I was all excited about 1 period every 3 months. I was wrong. This was my first birth control ever! At first I had mood swings, I'd be fine then next thing I'm angry then I'm crying over something stupid. I can handle the mood swings but the spotting was horrible. I would get my bleeding into the 5th week mark and then it would go away for a few days then come back and wouldn't stop until maybe 3 days of the sugar pills. My skin had cleared up but now when I get pimples they scar. oh and the sex life was gone of the bleeding. I stopped taking it just today and I can already feel my hormones getting crazy. "

nativegirl90 July 17, 2011

"I started taking LoSeasonique because I live such a busy lifestyle and quite frankly 12 a year just gets in the way! I was very apprehensive to start the pills because of what I've heard about it as far as ongoing spotting that seemingly never ends. However, I went into it with an open mind and expected some spotting. The first two weeks felt like a regular period, and after that, minor spotting not even enough to wear a pad. I would say by the end of the third week, all spotting was gone. I am now towards the end of the 3-month supply and will be refilling this prescription as I could not be more happy with it. I am so glad I made the choice to switch to LoSeasonique. Helps with acne too."

Anonymous July 16, 2011

"I started using LoSeasonique to get less out of my periods. I had prior birth control to get lighter and more regular periods but I just ended up deciding to switch because four periods a year sounds amazing. The month of the first pack went by great. No side effects, no spotting, nothing. Second month was still great. I'm going to be starting my third month which has the period week. I take my pill everyday pretty responsibly. So proud to say that and I'm getting great results so far."

Anonymous July 11, 2011

"I am on my first pack and I have to say I am so happy I changed from Loestrin 24 (I actually still had 7 days left). I have had light spotting for the first few days and that's it. I think really sticking to the same time every day is the key to limiting side effects, like within the hour everyday for real. Some breakouts on my chest and a little on my face but that normally happens anytime. I changed pills. I think I have tried everything that is out there and this is the best."

Anonymous June 14, 2011

"I'm not completely done with the first month and I got a period. It's longer than my usual periods and heavier. I thought it was gone and then it came back. I have noticed some change in my skin being dry and having some acne problems, which I've never had before. What's the point of being on birth control if you can't have sex because of all this period business."

Anonymous April 21, 2011

"I started taking this 8 weeks ago, and after 4 weeks I got a period. I just assumed it was my body adjusting. It went away for about a week, but now I have been bleeding heavily for the past 3 weeks. This cannot be normal. My skin has gotten way worse and I have become very moody. "

Anonymous March 28, 2011