User Reviews for LoSeasonique

Learn more about LoSeasonique.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of LoSeasonique reviews 87 reviews 5.4

Reviews for LoSeasonique

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I have been taking LoSeasonique for years. I have never had problems with it until lately. Due to my new job I have been bad at taking the pill the same time every day which is causing a lot of spotting, which is my fault. But I have noticed a decrease in sex drive. Otherwise I have never had a problem with this for 5 years.

August 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Review by SemiSweet:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been taking LoSeasonique for a few years. I went on antibiotics (Zpack) for a ear infection. I have never once had any issues with this before now. I have been on my period for a month now, the bleeding won't stop. My doctor said go off the pill for a week and let your body rest and it should stop, if it doesn't then I have to go in for an ultrasound. I am freaking out. Its been that week and I am still on my period. Make sure you let your doctors know you are on that pill before they prescribe you any antibiotics.

July 14, 2013 9:49 PM

Review by TAMMON (taken for less than 1 month):

For Endometriosis: I have severe cramping (can only compare to labor contractions) on the first day of my period. My legs hurt and the pain works its way up to my stomach- and leaves me in the fetal position while waiting for meds to kick in. My gyn did a laproscopy in 2010 and it helped until 4-5 months ago. I now have a new gyn and she wants me to try a hormonal therapy (birth control) to eliminate the cramping. I was not happy about taking birth control (had bad results when I took it in my 20's). I am now on my second week of Lo Seasonique and have experienced headaches, lack of energy and no sex drive (which I was never really active anyway). I haven't taken it long enough to see how my body will react to the pain- but I am crossing my fingers. I have not had any spotting.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2013 7:53 PM

Review by 10381 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Endometriosis: It is the Best Medicine ever INVENTED! No Issues, No pain, spotting, bleeding, no period nothing. Tried every Birth Control, including Lupron Depot for Endometriosis nothing worked but this. I would pay FULL PRICE & would not care. I pay $150, insurance pays the rest but I have been pain free for over 3 years, and I was diagnosed in 2000 and it is now 2013, you do the math it took 10 years to be OK.

March 21, 2013 7:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: In my case, the convenience of only having 4 periods a year outweighs the inconvenience of having decreased sex drive.

July 23, 2012 6:17 PM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I am on my third and last package of LoSeasonique; it has been rough. During the first pack, I started spotting daily in week 5. This progressed to a full fledged cycle by week 9 and lasted for three weeks, so my doctor instructed me to skip to the yellow pills and then begin a new pack. During the second pack around week 5 the spotting started again. During week 8, I passed out. In week 10, I began having extremely heavy bleeding that proved impossible to contain resulting in two terrible accidents. Thank God I was home both times. After getting the next prescription and reading the pamphlet again, I discovered all of these experiences are considered severe side effects of the pills.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2012 7:54 PM

Review by Samsa2001:

For Birth Control: I was on Loestrin and I had gained 25 lbs over a 2 year period. I switched over to LoSeasonique because its the same hormone I took when I first started taking birth control pills 15 years ago. Over a 2 month period I was able to drop almost all the weight I had gained. I was on the Brand name LoSeasonique for 9 months with zero side effects and then I was switched to generic. Over 1 month I gained 7 lbs and became very moody (just as I was on the Loestrin) I have asked my DR to send over a new prescription with no generic marked. I will pay the extra not to be such a mess!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2012 12:43 PM

For Birth Control: I started taking Loseasonique just about a year ago. Before this I took Yaz for about 6 years. My doc recommended Loseasonique so I agreed to try it. The first pack was not to bad. No spotting, but I was very nauseated. On the second pack I began spotting and this continued for weeks at a time. Soon after I began to notice my skin was breaking out. (I have never had acne before). During the third pack the break through bleeding continued, as did the acne (now spread to my back and chest), also I started having headaches on a daily basis. To the point where I could no longer function. I am now at the end of my fourth pack and have been spotting for the entire last month! Getting off soon.

March 12, 2012 3:55 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for a little over a year now and I CANNOT wait to switch my birth control in 2 weeks. Although I have not experienced any weight gain, acne, or emotional changes, this pill has made me spot like CRAZY. I would be fine for the first month of the pills but literally, as soon as I start the second pack of the pills until I get my period, I spot. It is infuriating! I told my doctor about this problem and she told me that you have to take this pill at the EXACT same time every day. No being 10, 20, 30 minutes late because otherwise you spot. I honestly thought I did a darn good job of taking my pill on time and yet I still experience bleeding.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2012 3:39 AM

Review by TeresaMarie:

I love it! I have been on it for two years and have only had two periods both of which pantyliners were more than enough! No mood swings, no bloating, no cramping and no weight gain. It does not get any better than this, and I have tried it all (shots, rings, IUDs and other pills).

February 16, 2012 5:05 PM

For Birth Control: I have been reading some of the reviews and I wanted to remind people that birth control is extremely individual. The right birth control for one person may not be right for another. The way your body reacts to the birth control is a big factor in how well it works for you and is not consistent among everyone. I, personally, love LoSeasonique. I switched about 2 years ago after my previous birth control started giving me migraines and making me sick. LoSeasonique allows me to have only 4 periods a year, and when I do have them they are very light. It took about a month to adjust to it, but after that, it was great! Completely took away my PMS symptoms and does not wreak havoc on the rest of my body.

February 1, 2012 11:19 AM

For Birth Control: I have been on it for 7 months now. During my first pack I had a lot of breakthrough bleeding but it went away by my 2nd month. The main thing I like is my moods are more stable and overall better. And no PMS! However, I must say my sex drive has decreased a ton. It does have its pros and cons.

January 5, 2012 11:37 PM

Review by kscar:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was a little hesitant to try LoSeasonique due to all of the negative reviews, but thought it was worth a shot at no longer having a period every month, since I struggle with heavy periods for 11 days every month. I have just finished taking my first pack and never once experienced spotting during the three months on this pack. Nor did I have any changes in skin, weight or cramping. My sex drive even increased. Some factors that may have helped ease my body onto this pill so smoothly might relate to the fact that I took the pill at the same time everyday and have been on birth control for about nine years. Everyone's body reacts differently, so it may be worth taking the risk. I for one am very pleased with this pill.

December 13, 2011 11:21 PM

For Endometriosis: I've been on 4 different birth control pills in the past 2 years and LoSeasonique has given me the best experience. I have a pretty bad case of endometriosis. I've been on LoSeasonique for almost 5 months now and my first period was a breeze. I had cramps for only one day (usually 3-5) during my period, which only lasted 4 days. My only concern is that when I first started LoSeasonique I started getting awful migraines everyday from the minute I woke up to the minute I went to bed. Luckily after about 3 weeks these went away. I get spotting every so often but nothing that's unmanageable. I also noticed that my bloating has almost completely gone down.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2011 7:39 PM

For Ovarian Cysts: My GYN put me on LoSeasonique because they were out of regular Seasonique that I normally take. I've been on it for three and a half weeks, yesterday I started very little spotting and today it was just a little heavy, enough that I have to wear a liner. Other than that I have not experienced any other side effects so far. I will admit some of the reviews on here have me a little skeptical.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2011 11:26 PM

For Birth Control: I'm on my third set of LoSeasonique. I originally started using LoSeasonique to help control my periods when I would experience extreme cramping and migraines to the point that I could not function. I started LoSeasonique and haven't experienced any migraines or cramps since. I haven't had any spotting. My periods are lighter and only last three days. My sex drive has increased and I have been less moody. Overall a GREAT pill.

November 17, 2011 10:05 PM

Review by Mortz:

I started taking LoSeasonique because I wanted fewer and lighter periods. I'm on my first package and second month of LoSeasonique and have started spotting and having a light flow. This has lasted 8 days and just when I think it might be over it starts up again. I also have cramping. The first month of the pack was great, no spotting or nothing but at the end of the second month it sneaks up and bites.

November 16, 2011 6:52 AM

I really like this birth control, which is a surprise after reading all the negative reviews. I just finished the first 3 month pack. I had absolutely no breakthrough bleeding, no crazy weight gain, and no other terrible side effects. It made me a little sick to my stomach the first week and that is all I have noticed. I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone who doesn't need a large dose of estrogen to keep breakthrough bleeding from happening.

November 14, 2011 11:36 PM

Review by britt8818:

For Birth Control: I also started an endless period beginning month #2 of the pill. It started as spotting, then turned into a full-on period. I'm going on week 3 of bleeding and maintaining worse cramps than I had before I was on the pill. I'm calling my doctor today to see if I should stop taking the pill, I just don't understand why it is extending my period.

November 10, 2011 9:56 AM

For Birth Control: I've been on LoSeasonique for about a month and one week. I take the pill every day at the same time. Haven't missed a day. I was spotting for two weeks, then I started my period. I've been on my period for a week and a half. I'm staying on it just to see if it gets better. But it is not worth only having your period every three months. This is torture. Plus I have the worst cramps of my life.

November 4, 2011 12:03 AM

PAIN. CRAMPS. HEAVY BLEEDING. I had been on this for 2 and 1/2 weeks and the bleeding and pain started. Will get a sonogram this week to check everything because the Dr. said this should not be happening, but after reading the reviews this seems to be normal. With no medical insurance, I am mad. This is costly, painful, unnecessary.

October 30, 2011 4:53 PM

For Birth Control: After the birth of my son in June 2011, I started Lo Seasonique. Before the birth of my son, I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and loved it with no problems. I only stayed on Lo Seasonique for one month due to a flow like a heavy period on an almost every day basis. It stopped for two weeks on the second month, and started again very heavily with severe abdominal pain and cramping. The only reason I wanted to try LoSeasonique was for the "fewer periods" purposes. After trying LoSeasonique for a three months (one pack), I have discontinued the use and will be going back to Ortho Tri Cyclen!

October 10, 2011 10:59 PM

For Ovarian Cysts: This medicine made me have terrible uterine bleeding for 75 days in a row accompanied by terrible uterine pain. It's been a full week since I stopped the medicines and the bleeding and pain have both stopped. My cysts have shrunk to half their size, but I'm not sure if the cysts were ever a problem to begin with.

October 3, 2011 5:46 AM

For Premenstrual Syndrome: I have been on birth control pills for 26 years and switched to LoSeasonique to help with PMS that gets worse as I get older. Half way through the first 3 month pack, I stopped taking it because of hair loss, headaches, breast tenderness, fatigue and weight gain.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2011 4:19 PM

Review by Not Pleased:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this for a little over a month now. Not satisfied yet. I have had ALOT of spotting happening, I get cramps (of which was something I was trying to NOT get) which still causes me to take my pain medication, I also have had the worst acne I have ever had in my whole life. I have never had it this badly. If after 3 months nothing has changed. I will be done with this product and onto another. I have a wedding in a week and am sad to say this pill caused my skin to look like this. So much for flawless skin on my day and honeymoon.

September 27, 2011 3:10 PM