Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Alesse

Learn more about Alesse.

Reviews for Alesse to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Review by Alesse 28 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on Alesse for five months now and I had every side effect. Crazy acne (I've never had until I started taking Alesse), mood swings, weight gain (I was 120lb before starting Alesse and not five months later 145lb - I am a petit woman and I don't eat very much, my food intake and Excerise has not changed thus, the weight gain is depressing), chest pain, swelling breast and no sex drive. The pro about Alesse is that it regulates. I had regular periods for five months. The only reason I was put in birth control was to maintain my polycystic ovarian syndrome. I'm 23 and was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I am now switching to a new birth control (Tri Cyclen Lo) and hopefully this one is better. Finger crossed!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2015 8:25 AM

This birth control pill was diagnosed for my PCOS and worked well for the first few months but then it gave me severe gallstones and I ended up having to have a gallbladder removal surgery.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate