User Reviews for Alesse

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 6 reviews 162 medications

5.1
Summary of Alesse reviews 77 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Alesse

For Birth Control "I was taken off of Yaz and put onto this because it was causing me migraines with aura. I have been on it for a couple years now I'd say. I never really noticed it until my boyfriend mentioned to me how I never am "in the mood" anymore. We used to have a very steady sex life together and now maybe 1 time a month. I went to the doctor a while ago and she ran blood tests on me and they came back that my iron is severely low. I've never had that before until I started taking this pill. I also seem to get angry very and upset easily. I'm not saying that's the pills fault but I was never like that before I started taking it. I started getting regular headaches again, so my Doctor switched me to a different brand that I have yet to try."

Anonononononononon February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "First time using alesse been gaining weight like crazy my mood swings are all over the place my period been starting a week early so now my period lasts about 2 weeks. This pill is definitely not for me"

lisa January 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Aleese for 8 years. This birth control is great for preventing pregnancy and regulating my menstrual cycle. It also helped my menstrual cycle be lighter. Unfortunately, this birth control does lower your sex drive. I went off it and my sex drive came back full force and plan to go off it permanently."

Katie82 January 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Alesse has been working really well for me. In the last month I've gained 3 lbs in what I believe to be water weight, as I feel quite bloated. Either way I can easily work 3 lbs off. I have been a bit nauseous on it as I take Alesse in the morning, but nothing unmanageable. I haven't had any spotting. I've had a bit of breast tenderness, but nothing that bothers me. I have been a bit tired, so I just have a little extra coffee in the morning. Overall I've had a good experience so far with Alesse."

Amy Zd January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on day 9 on Alesse so far, not very far into it yet but so far I really like Alesse. I was so badly traumatized from my first birth control experience as a teen it scared me to go on birth control again. Yasmin was really bad for depression and weight gain I didn't like it. Now I am married with children and wanted to try something else again, Alesse is low dose so I figured maybe it might be different this time , it's way better! My mental health is extremely important, I feel a little tired on this pill but only minor, I will update again to see how it continues, so far so great."

Jen.xo (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My periods have been getting very heavy as I've been getting older (just turned 40). I was told to start the pack on The Sunday I started my period, so was on my 3rd day. Every day since then I've been bleeding various amounts, and some days have had mild cramps. Hoping by the second trial pack this stops. 1 week of heavy period is better than everyday of the month bleeding. My libido is lower, but not sure if that's the medicine or the fact I'm bleeding daily :("

Snowball999 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I spent almost 2 years on alesse 28. My first couple months were okay. I experienced severe nausea and gained 10 pounds but lost them shortly after. I took Alesse routinely at 10 pm. My first month on it I woke up with sweats, seeing "stars" and started vomiting. I assumed it was a bug until it happened the following week again. My doctor told me to give it 3 months so I did. This continued about once every 1-2 months at the same time during the night. I began living with gravol in my back pocket until I had enough. I came off alesse and have not had any midnight "episodes" and feel so much better. It was effective in preventing pregnancy although I always use backup methods anyways. My periods were short and light & minor cramps"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Alesse for 2 months and my experience with it has been absolutely horrible. Cramps everyday, breakthrough bleeding, acne, sore breasts, frequent urination, back pain, nausea, bloating, anxiety and depression. Probably the worst birth control someone could possibly go on!!"

Bdog15 December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Awesome"

Aly1235422 November 23, 2015

For Birth Control "No side effects for me but everyone is different so everybody's experience will be different and not only depending on your weight or height! Try it for at least six months and if it's not for you just switch!!"

Sarah0057 November 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I just got the birth control today, I haven't tried it yet because my biggest fear is gaining weight and having very bad mood swings! Would these side effects stop it I came off the pill after they occurred? ( I'm 16 years old )"

amandazzzzzz (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2015

For Birth Control "So, recently I got switched off from aviane which was the best birth control ever! Because, I moved out of province they didn't carry aviane so they put me on alesse. I'm going on 21 years old, I'm 5'3, and I've never passed 115 pounds using aviane. Using alesse I have gained almost 10 pounds the last few months of use! This birth control has worsen my acne, caused me severe head aches, worsen my abdominal pain thru out and off my period, heavy bloating, worsen my constipation, dizziness, fatigue, nausea and rather 5 days my periods are 7-9. I'm glad this birth control suits most of you ladies on here, for myself it has been the worst! Obviously not for every woman, defiantly not for me! Looking to switch ASAP!"

Gingahhhh123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2015

For Endometriosis "My doctor prescribed me this birth control to help with the pain of endometriosis as mine was getting to be very painful. The first couple months were rough, nausea, vomiting, terrible mood swings to the point of crying at commercials! I stuck with it though and eventually levelled out. It really helped with my periods and the pain to the point that I went from calling off work for periods to barely noticing them! They lasted 4 days and were not heavy or terribly crampy. BUTTTT..... I have been on it for about 2 years and now I am getting side effects again in the form of terrible head aches every day, zero sex drive and terrible cramps during and in between periods. Also my periods have gotten heavy again so I am going off it."

Lex72149 September 28, 2015

"I've been taking Alesse during my course of Accutane, which requires a birth control be used simultaneously regardless of sexual activity. I've enjoyed it a lot! My acne is clearer, without extreme breakouts around my period like I used to have. In fact, I now have no period symptoms and the easiest, lightest period. I've also noticed that I don't have to worry about bleaching the hair on my upper lip - a nice perk. For me, there have been no side effects at all."

Milla K September 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Wait three to six months before jumping to conclusions about this pill. I highly recommend taking it. It cleared up my skin like crazy!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "second bc pill i've tried, first one had headaches and double vision since i've started Alesse i have had a swollen ankle and leg pain, so today was my last dose and off to my doctor again used to be on bc pills for years with no problems"

notforme August 15, 2015

For Birth Control "Background: 18 year old, 5"4, 115 pounds and works out regularly. Overall I think it is good. I've always had clear skin so acne wasn't a problem at all. PROS: super light periods that only last about 5 days (sometimes so light I can't even put a tampon in), no weight gain, no acne, no pregnancies lol. CONS: discharge (fair-quite significant amount), back aches and sometimes I get moderate-severe headaches. Overall I would recommend this form of BC. One thing I did notice: I don't get my period until 4 days after I finish the birth control packs, is that normal? Considering some people get it at the same time every month and/or the day after they finish the pills."

zestyitalian (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "Remember, hormone drugs do vary per person. A little about me so you can judge how relevant my review is: 20, 5'6", 120lbs, never had regular periods before (2.5 weeks apart, other times 6 months apart), history of horrible acne, needed to take accutane for a year. Was on another birth control before with accutane (Marvelon or something like that) which caused major mood issues including diagnosed depression. Pros: periods like clockwork, slightly bigger breasts, no pregnancy scares "Med" Effects: cramping (not terrible) on day 20 of cycle, slightly moodier week before period Cons: slight vaginal dryness, periods are starting on day 14 of packs consistently (3/3 packs in a row) so maybe I'm just lucky I'm not pregnant"

CarnivorousJellybean June 26, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This has been a complete nightmare. I always have been sensitive to hormonal birth control methods, so that is why my doctor prescribed Alesse. First month was fine. I was constantly hungry and my boobs hurt, but it was manageable. Now, I barely finished the second pack and I have to stop because of my moods. I gained at least 5 pounds. I'm always hungry. My breasts hurt like anything. I had 2 weeks of breakthrough bleeding. The cherry on top of the cake : A yeast infection! Yay! So no more poison for me. Never again."

Anonymous June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Alesse for about 2 years now. It was the first BC pill that I was prescribed. I was hesitant to use hormonal contraceptives because of mood swings and spotting. However with Alesse, I experienced neither of those side effects. I can't say it made my skin any clearer. I don't have severe acne but it didn't clear up my pimples. One side effect I did experience was weight gain. I am normally about 105 pounds but on the pill I gain about 3-4 pounds. I just feel very bloated. However, when I stop the pill temporarily ( the week of my period) I go back to my regular weight. I realized I could manage this by just watching what I eat and I exercise a bit more. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with Alesse!"

VPgirl123 June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for almost 4 months now. The first month I had breakthrough bleeding, no other side effects other than that. The third and 4th month was when the side effects all hit me at once; bloating, weight gain, slight headaches and uncomfortable cramps. My period has gotten a lot lighter but I am thinking of switching if these side effects still occur."

Xcvby (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

"This was the first birth control I tried, because I was suffering with very heavy periods that we're becoming erratic. I'm not sure but I think I felt more tired and slightly depressed while taking it, and it made no difference to my heavy periods; in fact it made them worse! So I progressed to Portia, which also made them worse, and now I've just switched to Minestrin. Getting tired of this trial and error..."

Medea81 May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I started the birth control last summer in August and stopped it this April. For the first 6 months of taking the pill I had no problems at all, I felt normal except I did get acne which went away after about 1-3 months. It shortened my period to about 4-5 days instead of my normal week long and a half periods. But after 6 months of taking the pill I would sometimes get my period early by about 8 days and then the next month it would be back to normal. Also I would get bad cramps and back aches which appeared after 6 months. This was bothersome to me, especially after the pill working great for about 6 months. The early periods, cramps, and backaches were doable but i decided to switch off it to loestrin 1.5/30."

Anonnnnnnn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I started using the generic brand which the pharmacy gave me and had really bad side effects, such as feeling depressed, listless, crying all the time which I never do, then my doctor recommended I use the name brand Alesse. I've been on it a month with no side effects at all. I feel great. I had no cramping and a lighter period. I feel happy and myself again. I've tried a lot of other brands all with some side effects. For me this is a great birth control."

Ammj224 April 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Within a week, I got 3 cystic pimples !"

Anonymous1281 April 11, 2015