User Reviews for Gianvi

Birth Control 82 reviews 275 medications

Menstrual Disorders 10 reviews 71 medications

Summary of Gianvi reviews 132 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Gianvi

For Menstrual Disorders "The pill worked wonders for me, after being diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. I was overweight, pimply, and struggled with chronic depression. I was originally prescribed Yaz but then began taking the generic, Gianvi, because of insurance reasons. I personally couldn't tell any difference between the two. This pill cleared up my acne, improved my depression, gave me light, short bleeds every month on the clock (as opposed to heavy periods every 4-6 months lasting 10 days to two weeks!) and it helped me lose a lot of weight over the course of a year. Unfortunately, I haven't been taking it the past couple years, and it's been rough. I greatly look forward to going back on it soon."

Sandy_beach May 19, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking Gianvi when my pharmacy switched to it from the yaz knockoff I had been taking. My periods were out of control. Some would be two weeks, I had more periods days than non bleeding days over the course of two months which made me EXAUSTED. I gained about 30 pounds as well during the course of that time, despite walking an average 13,000 steps a day. And no. That was not muscle. I can no longer fit into most of my professional clothes, and have actually ripped and over stretched a number of items."

Brucethegirl May 12, 2016

"I am 18 years old. When I was put on this medication I was 17. I started on this pill in August 2015. In November of 2015 I was taken to the hospital with BLOOD CLOTS in 3 major veins of my left arm. I do not have a clotting disorder. I have never had health problems. I went through a major bypass where they removed a section of my vein to replace part of the vein around my collarbone that could not eventually fix itself. I had many balloons done through my arm to try to remove the clots. Currently, I am therapeutic. I take a blood thinner twice a day and an aspirin once daily. This has been my daily routine for five and a half months."

britt16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I just finished my second month of Gianvi and it will be my last. CONS: Constant bleeding, gained weight, horrible headaches, and mood swings that make me feel crazy. PRO: No pregnancy, on-time period, went from a B to a C cup, no change in skin."

4545 April 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have loved using Gianvi, I started it 7 months ago when I was married. My periods are regular however, I never bloated or gained weight. However I have never been such an emotional type until I started taking this pill, and As time went on I have noticed I get a lot of migraines and often dizziness and I am almost certain it is because of this pill, it's bitter sweet but I will be switching to another brand to see if anything changes."

Pinacolina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I used Yaz for years with no problems but Gianvi made me moody, depressed, and seriously suicidal. Once I made the connection that my depression and suicidal thoughts were from the pill, I stopped immediately. Sure enough, two days later, I felt cheerful and fine. I also noticed this pill gave me zero sex drive--so maybe it is really effective birth control."

AMbiguity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2016

For Acne "I recently was switched to Gianvi, after trying at least four other birth controls to try an control my acne. I do not have severe acne but everything I was trying did not work. The dermatologist prescribed creams, oral medications etc. and I was still having breakouts. I've been on this birth control for almost a month and ever since I started taking it, I haven't had one breakout. My face has been as clear as ever. Different things work for different people but I would recommend this birth control to anyone struggling with acne."

Hal12335 February 5, 2016

For Acne "If i could give this any less than 1 star i would. I usually take yaz for birth control reasons and because I have pretty bad acne. My Dr prescribed me yaz, yet after trying the other generic Lornya and telling them I don't want any more generics I got stuck with this. Figured I'd try it anyway and let me tell you the last time my skin was this bad I had an allergic reaction to a face wash and was one big puss pimple. On top of that, I ended up getting multiple little cysts in my ovaries because they were trying to form eggs, causing a lot of pain and a high doctor bill trying to figure out the problem with tests and my periods are usually early and I'm in pain. Needless to say I gave up, & next week I start the real yaz again and I can't wait"

yllek llennoccm February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using Gianvi for the last 4 years. Other pills used to make me spot inbetween periods. This pill changed everything! My period is so regular now comes every month on the expected day always within 3 hours of each other. Way less cramping, no side effects, and it only lasts around 4 days. Make sure you get Gianvi and not a generic version as they effected me differently. Awesome BC!"

Rosedale January 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've personally had a great experience on Gianvi so far. I'm on my third month and I've actually been able to lose weight for the first time in so long! I do work out too, but I did before and was at a stand still. I am a bit scared though cause I may switch to Yaz, as for some reason it's way cheaper on my insurance over this generic. Really though, it's been great!"

ginaginagina January 5, 2016

For Acne "Throughout puberty I had always had mild blemishes. Usually nothing too serious, occasinally cysts around the time of my menstural cycle. However, I've always been very self conscious about my skin and I wanted a fix once and for all. I visited the dermatologist and was prescribes topical medications but they didn't really do anything for the hormonal cysts. So finally I went on gianvi and I am so glad I did. There was an inital breakout and it was terrible but after 4 or 5 months there was evidently a drastic change. I no longer get any blemishes or cysts of any sorts. I am a bit more emotional than I previously was but the clarity and overrall radiance of my skin is definitely worth it."

hollycarol January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Was on Gianvi for 2 months. Stopped taking it because it gave me mood swings, and caused me to break out more (which was the reason I wanted to take it in the first place). My sex drive was really low the first month, but it got back to normal. I had terrible cramps before, and this actually helped alot. I had an awful time tryin to concentrate on things, and over all it just made me feel crazy... :("

Olive2 December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I did not gain any weight, and have seen a slight improvement in my skin overall ( I never really had/have acne though). One thing that I have noticed is my anxiety and moodiness (depression) is completely out of control. I'm either suffering from sky-high anxiety for no reason, or I'm fighting back tears for no reason! Also, my sex drive has completely plummeted, I mean from 10 to absolutely ZERO. I am in my late twenties and this has been a real struggle with my long term relationship. Definitely not the pill for me."

Hbonn (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2015

For Acne "I got on it for cystic acne. It really did a great job for my skin with only a couple pimples around my period. It helped with periods. I rarely had any cramps and my period lasted about 3 days using only lite tampons. It had a lot of down falls though that included hair loss, migraine headaches, spotting all month long, and terrible nausea a couple times a month."

hev15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this birth control to clear up my acne, prescribed by my doctor. My acne has gotten way worse and I have gained 10 pounds, with the same diet and exercise daily. (I eat clean.) My breasts went from a B to a D, so thanks. But over all, this medication was a bad experience."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2015

For Acne "I was prescribed this to treat acne, PMDD, and amenorrea, however it did nothing to treat any of those things. Instead it made about 95% of face break out in cystic acne (you have seen proactive commercials), caused severe depression and panic attacks (I didn't have the motivation to do anything besides workout and then sit on the couch all day in sweat pants--often crying off and on), prevented me from getting a job ( I had just graduated with my Masters and obtained my RD license and I was so depressed with such cloudy thinking I could not portray myself in a way that would make someone want to hire me), and I had breakthrough bleeding every month during the second week of pills. I will NEVER take BC pills again!"

Anonymous November 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Got on gianvi because of my insurance but it's definitely cleared up my acne and my boobs have gotten bigger. My period this month was only 2-3 days and it was spotting and I know I'm not pregnant because im not sexually active. However my appetite has gone up since taking this."

Lisie-1130 November 3, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was diagnosed with PMDD after talking my new OB-GYN. I told her about how large swollen, and PAINFUL my breasts have become in my late 20's. My bras would not fit for 2 weeks/month. The mood swings were there, but it was mostly out of how self conscious and uncomfortable I was with my large breasts and body water weight for 2 weeks every month. It was awful PMS. This birth control definitely helped! My breast size has since decreased and they don't swell like the used to! I will say my sex drive has decreased....I don't feel up for it like I was before I went on BC. But it's not terrible!"

Mags1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Gianvi about one month ago. Prior to that, I was on Heather 2 years. I was prescribed Heather because I was a nursing mother. I had bad breakouts with Heather and inconsistent long periods. After nursing, I wanted to switch to a more effective birth control. I was prescribed Apri and went for an emotional roller coaster. I was only on Apri for 2 weeks and my breakouts were worse than they have ever been. After Apri, I was switched to Gianvi. Wow What a difference. I have been on it for just shy of 1 month and my breakouts have stopped. I have some scarring from my previous breakouts, but they are fading. I have noticed that my mood seems to be "normal.""

jojobean318 July 29, 2015

For Acne "I am 14 years old and I am taking this pill for several reasons: acne, bad menstrual cramps and heavy periods. So far it has cleared up my acne way faster then anything else I've tried, but I am on two other pills for acne as well, so it could be the combined effects. It hasn't had much of an effect on my period itself, but the cramps are way less. The downside to this medication is that it makes me feel really nauseous. I've tried taking the pill with a meal or a snack, but nothing helps. This pill makes me vomit if I eat more then a few bites at once. The pill made my breasts grow up a size (which is weird considering the weight loss from not being able to eat). If you're just looking for a birth control, look elsewhere."

hurricanelilly July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Since I got on BC my hair has been falling out ,even now since I've been off it..ughhh wish I had done more research."

Zoi July 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Confident with relying on it as only form of birth control. Breasts got bigger but gained no weight in the stomach/thigh area. Loss of sex drive in the first month but after that it went back to normal. I love this pill no mood changes at all. Cleared my face and works amazing"

Brit921 June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi for a month. I found myself in a spiraling depression to the point that I was crying daily. I had terrible anxiety and trouble concentrating. I couldn't focus and had trouble sleeping. I couldn't figure out why I was in such a funk, until I got my period and suddenly felt better. I then googled Gianvi and discovered that this level of depression and anxiety isn't uncommon on this pill."

Anonymous May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on gianvi for months and it works great with break outs which I started getting in my late 20's and then I pick up my my prescription from my pharmacy this month and it was vestura I noticed immediately because of the different packaging but since starting Vestura this week I've had more break outs then I've ever had my whole life and every time I look up info on if they are the same drug it's confusing it has like ten student names including Yazmin which I've seen for lawsuits. I also have started a different generic for my oxycodone 10/325 so if any one had singular experiences and can lend me some help I'm open to anything. Thanks"

melinda757 May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Gianvi for 3 months. I feel like a crazy person. My emotions are through the roof and I get random spurts of horrible anger and irritation. The first two months I didn't notice much, it all came at once. My breasts are almost unbearably sore, and it has done nothing for my horrible heavy period and painful cramps. I feel like I'm PMSing constantly. It's just not working for me. Hopefully others have had a better experience than I. I can't wait to switch to something new."

Lnt (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015