User Reviews for Gianvi

6.1
Menstrual Disorders 8 reviews 72 medications

Summary of Gianvi reviews 114 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Gianvi

For Acne "I am 14 years old and I am taking this pill for several reasons: acne, bad menstrual cramps and heavy periods. So far it has cleared up my acne way faster then anything else I've tried, but I am on two other pills for acne as well, so it could be the combined effects. It hasn't had much of an effect on my period itself, but the cramps are way less. The downside to this medication is that it makes me feel really nauseous. I've tried taking the pill with a meal or a snack, but nothing helps. This pill makes me vomit if I eat more then a few bites at once. The pill made my breasts grow up a size (which is weird considering the weight loss from not being able to eat). If you're just looking for a birth control, look elsewhere."

hurricanelilly July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Since I got on BC my hair has been falling out ,even now since I've been off it..ughhh wish I had done more research."

Zoi July 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Confident with relying on it as only form of birth control. Breasts got bigger but gained no weight in the stomach/thigh area. Loss of sex drive in the first month but after that it went back to normal. I love this pill no mood changes at all. Cleared my face and works amazing"

Brit921 June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi for a month. I found myself in a spiraling depression to the point that I was crying daily. I had terrible anxiety and trouble concentrating. I couldn't focus and had trouble sleeping. I couldn't figure out why I was in such a funk, until I got my period and suddenly felt better. I then googled Gianvi and discovered that this level of depression and anxiety isn't uncommon on this pill."

Anonymous May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on gianvi for months and it works great with break outs which I started getting in my late 20's and then I pick up my my prescription from my pharmacy this month and it was vestura I noticed immediately because of the different packaging but since starting Vestura this week I've had more break outs then I've ever had my whole life and every time I look up info on if they are the same drug it's confusing it has like ten student names including Yazmin which I've seen for lawsuits. I also have started a different generic for my oxycodone 10/325 so if any one had singular experiences and can lend me some help I'm open to anything. Thanks"

melinda757 May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Gianvi for 3 months. I feel like a crazy person. My emotions are through the roof and I get random spurts of horrible anger and irritation. The first two months I didn't notice much, it all came at once. My breasts are almost unbearably sore, and it has done nothing for my horrible heavy period and painful cramps. I feel like I'm PMSing constantly. It's just not working for me. Hopefully others have had a better experience than I. I can't wait to switch to something new."

Lnt (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015

"I was on yaz for a while. I had horrible mood swings lots of crying around my period and very angry 1 hr after I took the pill. I was switched to Gianvi and was a little scared because it was generic. Best switch ever!! I was on this for 2 yrs .no more mood swings. I didnt gain weight. This pill was really tried for birth prevention! and it passed. I stopped taking it just because My Dr. really freaked when I told her I started smoking. But I have stopped now and I am back on this pill. I have tried others like Ocella and a few more but I dont remember thier names. They wrecked havoic on my body. So Gianvi works best with my body and I love it! highly recommend."

flammable (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I never got pregnant on this stuff so it works well for that. I started taking this for my debilitating cramps and heavy periods and it really didn't do much. Plus, I gained 15 lbs after starting this and had absolutely ZERO sex drive. I didn't even want my fiancé to touch me. I found myself being completely moody. It helped with acne except when I was about to start my period, I broke out like crazy. Now that I am off my sex drive is back to normal and my periods haven't really changed."

Jillian Barnes March 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken Gianvi for about four years now, started it for birth control reason, it cleared my face within months, I didn't feel any anxiety or anything that has to do with my mood, my sex drive has been the same with or without. Once I was taken out of Gianvi, and tried Vestura, Vestura affected me badly! I had terrible mood swings, felt terrible for those days taking it, afterwards I went back to Gianvi and things got back to normal."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2015

For Acne "I am on Gianvi primarily for horomonal acne. Was on Yaz for 3 years for this but since this is free, I switched. It works WONDERS for my hormonal chin acne! There is some light spotting at first and breast tenderness before my period but that's it."

SarahT0908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

For Acne "This was great with acne.....but had spotting every month for 8 months. Finally trying something else. I'm in my 40's and needed something for my acne."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2014

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 3 years. I felt fine on it but my triglycerides went from 120 the year prior to taking it to 226 the following year. The year after that it was 230 and then last year it was 240. I tried to research reasons for triglycerides increasing and found that it could be birth control. I got tested this year after being off the pill for 18 months and my triglycerides were 88. I have to say that I believe it was Gianvi. I'd keep an eye on this."

Elizabeth Black September 26, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders "I started this medicine mainly to regulate my period and help with cramps (it was initially very helpful with the cramps but got less effective over several years). It also helped clear up my skin. I had pretty positive results with Gianvi all around. Unfortunately I was switched to Vestura, which seems the same but it is really hard to swallow the pills. Their edges are sharper than Gianvi."

Emily V (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I first started with a low hormone pill called Azurette. I was having heavy periods that lasted for a week and terrible acne, so I decided to try Yaz and my doctor prescribed me Gianvi, first month my face was completely clear and my period used to last 3 days max but my anxiety and mood changes got worse and my sex drive went from 10 to zero because I was very dry, also noticed my skin got really dry too and I looked like a 60 year old lady!"

Ana B. July 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking Gianvi for about 4 months now and at first I really enjoyed it. Now I'm feeling nauseous, my breasts are swollen and painful and I've had a headache every other day for a month. I've also noticed a slight weight gain and I'm moody as hell not to mention my sex drive is gone. I'm so frustrated I want off this pill and back on my old one, Ocella. I'm calling my dr and demanding to switch back so I can stop being a monster and enjoy my sex life with my fiance again."

xKatx May 14, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders "I started taking birth control to treat painful periods, and this did get rid of the super painful cramps and I did not get pregnant while taking it, so it was effective. However while on this my anxiety became worse than it had ever been before and my sex drive completely vanished. I noticed my sex drive return about 1 month after I discontinued Gianvi."

Mehh April 10, 2014

For Acne "I have been on Gianvi on and off for about 2 years. I went on it to help my acne and to lighten my periods. Period is a little heavy the first day or so then completely goes away by the 3rd day of white pills so no complaints there. Although my acne is TERRIBLE! It's a great pill for someone that doesn't get acne but I already suffer from it so I will be switching soon."

hanspen (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2014

For Acne "I was on Gianvi for many years (at least 4). For all of it except the past year, Gianvi has been great. It controlled my acne and helped me have lighter periods. The past year has been worse though. I've had my periods not show up on the placebo pill days (they start 4 days after the placebo pill days, so they actually start after I start the next pack), and I've actually had breakthrough bleeding during sex which made me worry I had something much, much more serious going on as I was bleeding a LOT during sex only. My doctor told me I needed to swap to a higher hormone dose, so I had to go off this pill. Otherwise, I had no issue."

k87 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2014

For Acne "I have been taking Yaz, now Gianvi for 5 yrs now and still love it. Acne is pretty much gone except maybe an occasional blemish every few months but nothing severe and goes away in a few days. Also, have not had my period for pretty much the whole time which is awesome and no "PMS" at all. I would like to try and have a baby so am not excited to go off of this and scared my acne will come back. For now though, am enjoying what this does for my skin."

amandagirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on many birth controls trying to find the right one for me. I was on Apri a couple years ago which gave me very bad anxiety so after that I switched to Tri-Sprintec. This pill didn't cause any anxiety but my skin broke out so terribly on it! My third and final switch was to "Yaz", at the pharmacy I was handed the generic Gianvi. I spent hours reading reviews and was a little nervous to start taking these pills but they have been great. My skin has completely cleared up, I never break out at all anymore. I had no mood changes or anxiety, nor weight gain. This pill is sensitive with regards to breakthrough bleeding, if just one pill is missed you can expect spotting the next day. Otherwise an AWESOME pill! Highly recommend!"

Nina6742 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "good"

Lindsay k December 11, 2013

For Birth Control "I LOVE GIANVI! No mood swings, no weight gain, it's helped my acne, it controls my appetite, and my breasts have actually gotten bigger. I have been on and off of Gianvi for three years now (I tried different birth controls here and there but I always come back to Gianvi because it has always been the best for me) and it's absolutely free! I definitely recommend it, but like always, everyone is different."

BibiB (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been taking Gianvi for 9 months now. This is the first Birth control I tried and was highly recommended by my Gynecologist. After the first few months of taking it I didn't seem to have any problems my period always came on the third day of the placebo pills and lasted about five days. One thing I will say is I have only missed one pill and if you miss one you will break through bleed for a little bit. Last month I did get random spotting before my period, then my period started and stopped for a day then came back very light. I think this is just my periods lessening, I know some on this medication don't receive a period at all. I would greatly recommend this birth control I LOVE IT! And it has prevented pregnancy!"

Katie528 December 7, 2013

For Birth Control "I took Gianvi for 3 months, and I loved it. I lost weight (about 10lbs) even though I was eating the a lot of fast food and crap, my mood improved, I felt more motivated, and dispite having some spotting a couple of days before starting my period it did make my periods lighter and shorter with virtually no cramps. After three months my insurance switched me to Loryna which has been a nightmare. I've been on that for a month and had such horrible nausea constantly and was sick to the point of throwing up on several occasions and even threw my pill up once and had to take plan b! It was a dreadful experience and I'm going back on Gianvi today. Couldn't be happier! Give Gianvi a try it's been awesome for me."

dodoughnut89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Yasmin for over a year and I switched to Gianvi. I've been taking it now for 2 weeks and my appetite has increased like no other but my weight hasn't changed. I eat and 20 minutes later I'm starving again. This will go on all day. My sex drive has increased and no changes in my complexion yet. Anyone else experience this?"

Beanie7 November 11, 2013