User Reviews for Beyaz

Birth Control 72 reviews 275 medications

6.7
Summary of Beyaz reviews 103 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Beyaz

For Birth Control "So I will say that Beyaz has served its course. I've been on it for a little over a year and can only offer 2 pros. Pros: it stopped my period, it prevented pregnancy. Cons: the mood swings are terrible, I am always irritated, every little thing bothers me, I am so rude to my husband. Not to mention, I cry at the drop of a dime. Before Beyaz, I could count on one hand the number of times I had cried in the last 5 years. Also, the weight gain. My doctor put me on Beyaz because it was supposed to help me lose weight. Instead, I have gained everywhere & although I constantly work out, I can't lose the weight. I have never had acne, so I can't really speak on that, but I will say that I have had quite a few breakouts while being on Beyaz."

SydNik April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and have been taking Beyaz for 3 months. This is my first time being on birth control. However, I am switching because of the mood swings. I feel like I have crippling depression. I am NOT like this at all - this isn't me. It has gotten worse each month. I cry at every little thing and have had increasing suicidal thoughts. It is absolutely miserable. Other than depression, other negative effects have been weight gain (nearly 10lbs), low sex drive, and my acne has stayed prominent. The only positive aspects are I didn't get pregnant (a few times I missed my time to take the pill up to 7 hours) and my breasts are definitely bigger than normal."

Shaylen (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Beyaz birth control for about 5 years now, and I have never really had any serious problems with it! As a birth control, it seems to be working great no babies here! I've never really had any acne, however I used to get random pimples on my thighs which was so strange to me but when I started Beyaz they quickly disappeared. My breasts have grown a substantial amount, but I do not have bad bloating or weight gain in other areas which is awesome. The only downside I have noticed to this medication, is that my mood swings were terrible the first couple weeks. This is normal when you give your body any extra hormones so I was not too worried about it. The mood swings stopped about 4 weeks in."

BeyazUser (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2016

For Acne "I started Beyaz in March of 2015 for my acne and now it is February 2016- it has almost been a year. I've had bad acne for about 4 years before starting Beyaz. I was on dermatologist prescribed medication but nothing was working as good as it I would hope. About 2-3 months after starting Beyaz I noticed improvement. It was very slow improvement but now it is it beyond noticeable. About halfway through the year of using Beyaz I started in a new environment which was college I thought this would make me break out. Now, 6 months into college, and I hardly ever have breakouts and I use less and less makeup. For me, Beyaz has changed my face completely. I use to have multiple breakouts before, and now I can't even remember the last pimple I had"

Marie Tiger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking BeYaz for a year now to prevent pregnancy. Because I have been taking it consistently at a scheduled time it has worked wonders! I would recommend this pill to anyone that is sexually active. Only side effects I have noticed are blood clots and emotional sensitivity. 10/10 highly recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "BEYAZ is my WORST ENEMY! I took this BC pill for 1 1/2 months. Completed week 1 and the mood swings started. Week 3 I started bleeding light with minor cramps. Week 4 my light bleeding turned into heavy bleeding changing my pad every hour or less. The cramps were no longer minor they were just unbearable that I had to take Norco and Ibuprofen at the same time just to take the edge off. I spoke to my GYN about the symptoms and I was advise to give it another try even after I was in the ER injected with Dilaudid. Started 2nd pack as the bleeding and cramping still continues. Put on Vicodin and Naproxen for pain. I became depressed, angry, isolated, emotionally unattached and extremely tired I quit taking it mid way and now I'm in recovery."

Just Pain No Gain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Beyaz was good my first year, but as I continued to take it my libido short to none. I grew emotional, started having anxiety problems. I will be discontinuing this birth control bcz it's starting to affect my marriage."

JMP15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2015

For Birth Control "So far it's been a lot better than I expected. I have been dreading going on hormonal birth control, but after a failed experience with my Paragard IUD, I gave Beyaz a try. I haven't gained any weight at all- this was my biggest fear and I'm so happy it didn't come true. My stomach is flat and unbloated. My boobs have increased in size- they just feel nice and full but not sore! Sometimes I do feel a little blue, and my sex drive is definitely lower. My libido is at about 90% when I am with my boyfriend. My acne has gotten much worse, but they say this happens at first and then clear skin follows. Period has been light and no cramps!"

B25W (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Beyaz it was great. I had no problems but towards the end of the cycle I had terrible attitude, was very emotional, nauseous and too many headaches. Once my period was gone it came back a day after and it was light to medium. Very bad cramps. My appetite increased a lot more when I started. But everyone's body is different and would react different to the pills."

Yasmin. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Took it for 4 years. Acne was cleared up perfectly and I actually lost weight. In the beginning however I had pretty bad anxiety and was noticeably more emotional. Towards the end of my use I noticed my lethargy and mental fuzziness while in college. I also had dryness and a pretty low sex drive. Great obvious pros...but for me there were hidden cons physiologically and psychologically."

cleverhalie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 21 and when I started this birth control I took it to relieve horrible periods due to what I believe is endometriosis with intense pain that lead to passing out and heavy bleeding, horrible! This pain has stopped which is great and my acne stayed about the same as before, minor, not any worse. But the last month I have been on it a new symptom has arose that is causing me to switch, the worst nausea I have ever had, I take it at night and I wake up in the morning almost unable to do anything. Also now get carsick and never have before and increased my anxiety. I should mention I do have hashimotos thyroid disease which may contribute to my experience. Will be switching to microgestin to see if I can be more comfortable."

Emilythyroidawareness (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Beyaz for about 5 years now, I started when I was 14 because of severe cramps. It worked great for a while but in the last few months I have experienced spotting and longer periods with more severe cramps. I am going to speak to a doctor about trying another pill."

rosie12345 February 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I feel wonderful taking Beyaz but it's not perfect. It really helped with moderate acne, sometimes I would break out on my back and chest since taking I don't remember when I had a blemish. I have no mood swings, bloating or weight gain-- I'm actually at my lowest weight. Best thing my sex drive is great. The only minus is my period still varies sometimes it's heavy, sometimes it's light and I'm still getting intensive cramps the first day but honestly, I have no other issues and I can deal with it."

23 year old January 15, 2015

For Acne "After one month I began noticing a difference. I was still getting breakouts, but they were healing faster and were not painful anymore. By two months I still was getting pimples but they were tiny, and vanishing overnight. Then after that, it stopped all together. I don't currently have a single pimple on my face and my post acne marks have had the chance to fade over the last three weeks. I'm finishing up my third month on the pill this week. Side Effects: At first I felt a bit drowsy, had spotting the first two months, and breast tenderness. But these symptoms seem to be fading just like my acne. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who thinks they may have hormonal acne. I only wish I had tried it sooner!"

Chixadee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2014

For Acne "Beyaz was the second birth control I used. In terms of acne it completely cleared my back, chest, and face acne. However, I have gained about 15 pounds and am very active and cannot lose weight. I also am irritable like no other. I have terrible mood swings. I loved that it cleared my acne but the mood swings and weight gain have to go so, I am switching to Apri but if that doesn't work I would go back."

Georgina Sparx August 12, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "This is the 2nd month that I have been on this pill. My doctor put me on it because I have such horrendous cramps every month and he thought this would help. It has not. Since I've been on this pill, I have had my period every two weeks for the same amount of time I normally have it (3-4 days) along with the awful awful cramps. I see such good reviews about this and wonder why my body isn't reacting well to it. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and wondering if it will work itself out. I can't see doc until August 7th."

MLL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2014

For Acne "I love Beyaz. I was on Beyaz for 4 years and decided to try a new pill (Dumb). I switched to another birth control for a year and broke out terribly, battled depression and had inexplicable mood swings. I switched back to Beyaz two months ago and my acne has cleared COMPLETELY after a month and a half, my breasts grew a cup size, and I am not gaining weight. I am also a runner and was worried about the 'blood clot' scandals with this medicine, however, I have never had a problem. It is an incredible birth control pill for me and I absolutely LOVE it. I am also a nurse- from my understanding, I want to note that many of the issues with blood clots are in HIGH RISK patients- those who smoke, who are over 40 etc. Take care of your body!"

Nurse Mela (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2014

For Acne "I was prescribed Beyaz a year ago to control my acne and regulate my periods. I was experiencing acne like never before and was having 2 periods one month then none the next. Beyaz did work. It cleared up my acne 100%. However, it made my periods very light, inconsistent, and only 3-4 days long. Call me crazy, but I miss having 7 day, consistent periods. With Beyaz my periods are so light, tampons are painful to use and pads are too much protection. But I have to wear something; I have unexpected bursts/flows during those 3-4 days. My periods also don't start until the last day of the pack. I've had to skip the last pill just so that my period would start. Maybe Beyaz is too strong for my cycle, but it did wonders for my acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Beyaz since September 2013 after switching from the Depo Shot. I love the pill, however, I get really bad cramps when my period comes. Not sure if it's because my body is still adjusting to being off the shot or what."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2014

For Acne "All I am going to say is my skin is flawless! After the first 2-3 months. I used to have outbreaks and blemishes! People always compliment me on how flawless my skin is and that I should do cover girl commercials. Beyaz!"

T908 April 6, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on Beyaz for several years (3+). When I first started using the pill, I experienced frequent nausea for almost a year. I gradually switched time of dosage to the evening upon recommendation from my obgyn. The nauesa did clear up. I virtually have no acne. Within the first few years, I did have lighter periods (3-5 day bleeding with minimal cramping). However, in my fourth year of being on this pill, I have been getting my period for only a day. Most times I skip a period entirely. This is due to the thin uterine lining. I did however, develop severe mood swings and panic attacks, which I suffer from daily. I also have had some hair thinning and some weight gain. Loss of libido at first, but it did return after the 1st year."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2014

For Birth Control "Beyaz was the first birth control I experienced and I was on it for 2 years. It was nearly the perfect pill for me: no weight change, no mood swings, I regulated to it immediately, it dramatically shortened my periods to 3-4 days and was exactly on time every single month. The ONLY two problems I had that warranted me switching included a decreased sex drive, and multiple yeast infections. It was also a tad pricy. If it weren't for the yeast infections at least, I would stay on it! I'm nervous about switching pills, but I'm glad to know that I can go back on Beyaz if the others don't work out."

alextredeaux February 12, 2014

For Birth Control "It took almost 8 months but it finally started to work. My periods were so heavy I would go thru a tampax ultra in less than an hour and have to stay home during my periods. I would have to get up several times during the night. I would bleed some months for 30 days even on the Beyaz. My last two months I have bleed less than three days and can use a lite tampax it took a while but I am so happy I stuck with it. No weight gain either!!!!"

Orlando88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 13, 2013

For Birth Control "I started taking Beyaz about a month ago. I was originally taking Microgestin for birth control for a little over a year and I started to experience extreme cramps that kept me from classes on some days. I never had problems with acne or mood swings ever, especially while on Microgestin. Now that I'm taking Beyaz I have very bad acne and feel very depressed and lack luster. I normally have a very high sex drive as well and lately it has decreased immensely. Needless to say I will be switching."

Silicaw October 8, 2013

For Birth Control "Previously I was on Yaz for about 5 years and my insurance didn't cover it so I switched to BeYaz. I was on it for a good two years because it's the same thing as Yaz. Personally, I love this birth control. This is the only birth control for me. I suffer from PMDD and this helps me tremendously. And I also suffer from acne, my skin cleared right up in a week. Periods are better and shorter. No weight gain or other side effects. Perfect pill. I highly recommend this birth control."

Katia love (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2013