User Reviews for Beyaz

Learn more about Beyaz.

Beyaz review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

Reviews for Beyaz to treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Review by Kphel (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been on this pill for 3 months going in 4 and have had my ups and downs with it. The 1 month I experianced intense mood swings, I was crying and angry all the time and just wanted to be alone. The 2 month I was wondering why my acne wasn't going away but my moods had improved. Although I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding for 15 days I continued to take the pill. My period also brought cramps like no other. The 3 months I have been feeling sort of depressed but I think that's due to life not the pill. My breakthrough bleeding still occurred (some days light some days none) and my skin has improved. I lost weight on BeYaz. I am looking forward to what month 4 brings and hoping all of the negative symptoms are gone.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2013 6:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have had horrible periods since my very first one and they got worse as I aged. My cramps got so bad that muscle relaxants and pain killers didn't even take the edge off of the pain. My hormones were worse. Had maybe 3 days out of the month that I was fine. Not to mention the amount I would bleed was horrible. I started with Yaz and was switched to Beyaz after my periods stopped coming. My periods didn't come back because the pill caused my body to stop producing a lining of my uterus, so now I take them continuously. I love this pill. For two years I was great and had no PMDD symptoms whatsoever. I will never use any other pill.

October 30, 2012 1:58 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I switched from Yaz to Beyaz because Yaz got too expensive. I decided to try it because I could no longer afford Yaz and the results were much better than expected. No cramps, nice skin, and my period is always right on time like Yaz but with a few added benefits. When I was on Yaz, the week before my period I would always get bloated in the stomach area and would be self conscious about it. Also about 4 days before my period my appetite increased so much that I couldn't stop eating. On Beyaz there is no bloating and it curbs my appetite so much that I've lost some weight on it. I also used to get extremely fatigued around my period on Yaz to the point where it was hard to wake up but on Beyaz I feel more energetic than ever before.

July 14, 2012 11:35 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I love Beyaz. No weight gain at all and I've been on it for almost a year. Clear skin. No mood swings although I feel emotional right before my period but I've always been that way. The only negative thing is I used to be on the Bayer card and paid $25 dollars but now it went up to $62.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 29, 2012 5:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was diagnosed with PMDD back in 2006 when I was 23. I have ruined a few good relationships and was finally getting tired of feeling out of control a week out of every month. I tried Yaz and loved it but my insurance quit paying for it so I switched to Beyaz. It seems to work well. I haven't had any symptoms of the PMDD since I have been taking it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 8, 2011 2:55 PM
Review by LindseyNicole: User Rating:

I have been taking Beyaz for about 6 months now. I had PMDD extremely bad for 2- 3 weeks out of the month. A month after starting Beyaz I had no symptoms at all. I had irregular periods and now they are on time every month. I am very happy with the results and I would recommend Beyaz to anyone. Especially if they experience PMDD.

March 24, 2011 4:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had PMDD extremely bad every month for at least 2- 3 weeks out of the month. Since I've been taking Beyaz I have no more symptoms of PMDD. My periods were irregular now they are on time every month. I am so happy with this birth control. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially if you have PMDD.

March 24, 2011 3:57 PM
Review by zoobean: User Rating:

I have been on Beyaz for 2 months now, I have had problems with other birth controls in the past such as large amounts of weight gain, moodiness, etc. I haven't had any of these problems with Beyaz, in fact, I haven't gained ANY weight on it! It has helped my PMDD greatly, I went from having cramps that would knock out an elephant to having almost no cramping at all, and I don't get moody or bloated like I have on other birth controls.

March 5, 2011 12:30 AM

Learn more about Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

More about Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium)

Professional resources