User Reviews for Beyaz

Learn more about Beyaz.

Beyaz review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

Reviews for Beyaz to treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Review by MLL (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is the 2nd month that I have been on this pill. My doctor put me on it because I have such horrendous cramps every month and he thought this would help. It has not. Since I've been on this pill, I have had my period every two weeks for the same amount of time I normally have it (3-4 days) along with the awful awful cramps. I see such good reviews about this and wonder why my body isn't reacting well to it. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and wondering if it will work itself out. I can't see doc until August 7th.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 10:42 AM

Review by Kphel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on this pill for 3 months going in 4 and have had my ups and downs with it. The 1 month I experianced intense mood swings, I was crying and angry all the time and just wanted to be alone. The 2 month I was wondering why my acne wasn't going away but my moods had improved. Although I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding for 15 days I continued to take the pill. My period also brought cramps like no other. The 3 months I have been feeling sort of depressed but I think that's due to life not the pill. My breakthrough bleeding still occurred (some days light some days none) and my skin has improved. I lost weight on BeYaz. I am looking forward to what month 4 brings and hoping all of the negative symptoms are gone.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2013 6:30 PM

I have had horrible periods since my very first one and they got worse as I aged. My cramps got so bad that muscle relaxants and pain killers didn't even take the edge off of the pain. My hormones were worse. Had maybe 3 days out of the month that I was fine. Not to mention the amount I would bleed was horrible. I started with Yaz and was switched to Beyaz after my periods stopped coming. My periods didn't come back because the pill caused my body to stop producing a lining of my uterus, so now I take them continuously. I love this pill. For two years I was great and had no PMDD symptoms whatsoever. I will never use any other pill.

October 30, 2012 1:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I switched from Yaz to Beyaz because Yaz got too expensive. I decided to try it because I could no longer afford Yaz and the results were much better than expected. No cramps, nice skin, and my period is always right on time like Yaz but with a few added benefits. When I was on Yaz, the week before my period I would always get bloated in the stomach area and would be self conscious about it. Also about 4 days before my period my appetite increased so much that I couldn't stop eating. On Beyaz there is no bloating and it curbs my appetite so much that I've lost some weight on it. I also used to get extremely fatigued around my period on Yaz to the point where it was hard to wake up but on Beyaz I feel more energetic than ever before.

July 14, 2012 11:35 AM

I love Beyaz. No weight gain at all and I've been on it for almost a year. Clear skin. No mood swings although I feel emotional right before my period but I've always been that way. The only negative thing is I used to be on the Bayer card and paid $25 dollars but now it went up to $62.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 29, 2012 5:40 PM

I was diagnosed with PMDD back in 2006 when I was 23. I have ruined a few good relationships and was finally getting tired of feeling out of control a week out of every month. I tried Yaz and loved it but my insurance quit paying for it so I switched to Beyaz. It seems to work well. I haven't had any symptoms of the PMDD since I have been taking it.

September 8, 2011 2:55 PM

Review by LindseyNicole:

I have been taking Beyaz for about 6 months now. I had PMDD extremely bad for 2- 3 weeks out of the month. A month after starting Beyaz I had no symptoms at all. I had irregular periods and now they are on time every month. I am very happy with the results and I would recommend Beyaz to anyone. Especially if they experience PMDD.

March 24, 2011 4:03 PM

I had PMDD extremely bad every month for at least 2- 3 weeks out of the month. Since I've been taking Beyaz I have no more symptoms of PMDD. My periods were irregular now they are on time every month. I am so happy with this birth control. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially if you have PMDD.

March 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Review by zoobean:

I have been on Beyaz for 2 months now, I have had problems with other birth controls in the past such as large amounts of weight gain, moodiness, etc. I haven't had any of these problems with Beyaz, in fact, I haven't gained ANY weight on it! It has helped my PMDD greatly, I went from having cramps that would knock out an elephant to having almost no cramping at all, and I don't get moody or bloated like I have on other birth controls.

March 5, 2011 12:30 AM