User Reviews for Beyaz

Learn more about Beyaz.

Beyaz review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 201 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Beyaz to treat Birth Control

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've been on Beyaz since September 2013 after switching from the Depo Shot. I love the pill, however, I get really bad cramps when my period comes. Not sure if it's because my body is still adjusting to being off the shot or what.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been on Beyaz for several years (3+). When I first started using the pill, I experienced frequent nausea for almost a year. I gradually switched time of dosage to the evening upon recommendation from my obgyn. The nauesa did clear up. I virtually have no acne. Within the first few years, I did have lighter periods (3-5 day bleeding with minimal cramping). However, in my fourth year of being on this pill, I have been getting my period for only a day. Most times I skip a period entirely. This is due to the thin uterine lining. I did however, develop severe mood swings and panic attacks, which I suffer from daily. I also have had some hair thinning and some weight gain. Loss of libido at first, but it did return after the 1st year.

February 17, 2014 6:30 AM

Review by alextredeaux:

Beyaz was the first birth control I experienced and I was on it for 2 years. It was nearly the perfect pill for me: no weight change, no mood swings, I regulated to it immediately, it dramatically shortened my periods to 3-4 days and was exactly on time every single month. The ONLY two problems I had that warranted me switching included a decreased sex drive, and multiple yeast infections. It was also a tad pricy. If it weren't for the yeast infections at least, I would stay on it! I'm nervous about switching pills, but I'm glad to know that I can go back on Beyaz if the others don't work out.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2014 12:34 AM

Review by Orlando88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

It took almost 8 months but it finally started to work. My periods were so heavy I would go thru a tampax ultra in less than an hour and have to stay home during my periods. I would have to get up several times during the night. I would bleed some months for 30 days even on the Beyaz. My last two months I have bleed less than three days and can use a lite tampax it took a while but I am so happy I stuck with it. No weight gain either!!!!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2013 6:16 PM

Review by Silicaw:

I started taking Beyaz about a month ago. I was originally taking Microgestin for birth control for a little over a year and I started to experience extreme cramps that kept me from classes on some days. I never had problems with acne or mood swings ever, especially while on Microgestin. Now that I'm taking Beyaz I have very bad acne and feel very depressed and lack luster. I normally have a very high sex drive as well and lately it has decreased immensely. Needless to say I will be switching.

October 8, 2013 2:01 PM

Review by Katia love (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Previously I was on Yaz for about 5 years and my insurance didn't cover it so I switched to BeYaz. I was on it for a good two years because it's the same thing as Yaz. Personally, I love this birth control. This is the only birth control for me. I suffer from PMDD and this helps me tremendously. And I also suffer from acne, my skin cleared right up in a week. Periods are better and shorter. No weight gain or other side effects. Perfect pill. I highly recommend this birth control.

September 19, 2013 10:00 PM

Review by monimonimoni:

I have taken this pill for two years now. I was originally put on it, because of a polyp. The polyp decreased dramatically. I have had no side effects minus minor spotting. My mood has increased dramatically right before and during my period. I used to have really bad cramps when I would get my period; however, that is practically non-existent now.

September 18, 2013 1:36 AM

Review by Cassicap:

I have been on Beyaz for about two years and never noticed any negative side effects. My cramps and period length were reduced significantly and I have loved this pill. Would definitely recommend.

August 28, 2013 12:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Being on Beyaz has been, for the most part, fantastic. I originally was put on it to control my acne and heavy periods, and shortly after I began using it for birth control. It has continued to help with my acne, and has lightened/shortened my periods significantly, but over the past year or so I've noticed a vast decrease in my sex drive. It's almost non-existent. I haven't been on any other form of birth control, but I think that Beyaz is a pretty good choice.

August 16, 2013 6:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I was on Beyaz for one month and had to switch. It made me tired and nauseous. It gave me the WORST headaches. They would last all day and Advil did not take the pain away. Maybe if I waited the whole 3 months, it would've straightened out but I just couldn't deal with the awful headaches. But like everyone says, everyone's body is different. Only pro: my mild acne seemed to clear up.

August 12, 2013 9:21 PM

Review by pleased (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Beyaz for 4 months now after being diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. I have lost 50 lbs in the last 4 months, my mood is better, my face has cleared up dramatically, I would recommend this to ANYONE!

July 18, 2013 11:43 AM

Review by Indira G:

I'm 16 and I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome about 2 weeks ago. I was basically not getting my period. My pediatrician recommended Beyaz to control my Hormone level and some other things. I was skeptical about taking Birth control because of side effects such as depression and weight gain. I tend to be a very happy and energetic person and honestly I was scared to lose that, I was VERY SURPRISED THOUGH, Beyaz hasn't changed my mood at all, I haven't gained weight and overall I feel fine! Except for its made me TIRED. I work around that though and its no big deal. As for acne, Beyaz controls it amazingly. So far THANK YOU BEYAZ! You're really helping my future.

April 20, 2013 1:36 AM

Review by Amy Fisher:

I have been on Beyaz for a year and half and I've loved it! I had moderate acne before taking Beyaz and now I only breakout like once a month (it's usually only 2-3 pimples). My period went from a medium/heavy 7 days to light 3-4 days. I hardly have cramps or bloating. I love it. I sometimes get a little emotional but I contribute that to being 18 years old. The only real negative side effect that I could say that I have about Beyaz is that it's somewhat costly, my insurance doesn't cover it. But since I've loved all that its done for me, I choose to pay it. I would definitely recommend this anyone looking for a new birth control.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2013 5:03 PM

Review by Cassie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on BeYaz for 5 months now. I was switched from a normal hormone birth control because it caused terrible breakouts (which I had never had in my life) as well as severe mood swings. At first, I really liked BeYaz. It cleared my skin back up to normal and I didn't notice any changes. Now I am starting to get extremely agitated at the smallest things, crying for no reason, extreme headaches, and am getting cramps like I used to without birth control. I am considering getting off birth control altogether.

January 3, 2013 12:26 PM

Review by aswarner110 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm only on my second month but Beyaz is already an answered prayer! I've suffered from polycystic ovarian syndrome for years and birth control pills have always aggravated some symptoms. Since starting this one I've seen much less facial hair, my skin is clearing up, I'm losing weight, and I've had my first cycle with no migraines which is a huge deal for me. I also have fibromyalgia and this medicine seems to be helping with that as well, perhaps its the vitamin aspect or my hormones finally balancing some. I was very hesitant at first and I'm so glad I gave it a shot! Thank you Bayer!

December 5, 2012 11:52 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've been taking Beyaz for a year now, and so far I like it better than anything I've ever took. It treated my moderate acne, I never get any acne anymore.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2012 8:03 PM

I was prescribed Beyaz after being diagnosed (finally) with Polycystic ovarian syndrome. After three months I've lost roughly fifteen pounds, I actually get my period (which for me is a good thing) and I see no other side effects past that that weren't bringing the changes from being put on progestin back to normal. If you have PCOS or similar symptoms, I'd recommend researching it further.

July 20, 2012 6:49 PM

Review by sr2338 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I went from Yaz to Beyaz. Worst decision ever. Yaz was amazing, but I was receiving it for free. They couldn't offer it for free anymore so they put me on Beyaz. My period is longer, my cramps are bad and I am emotional - which is crazy because I was never emotional when I was on Yaz or no birth control! The worst part is the acne. GIANT pimples everywhere. I am 27 and feel like I am 13! Ladies, keep in mind everyone will have their own experience, as it's how it reacts with your specific body.

June 20, 2012 11:30 PM

I started BeYaz because it was recommended by a new PA I'm seeing. SHe said it would help with the PMS symptoms I described. I've nearly completed the first pack and I am feeling completely out of control, depressed, even suicidal, and irritable and SO angry. I DID NOT feel this way before, even at my worst PMS times. I started my period about a week before I should have this month. I don't know if I should continue using this pill or not. It just dawned on me that it could be the BeYaz, and after reading the pamphlet and now these postings, I think the BeYaz may be why I've been having these overwhelming symptoms.

June 12, 2012 2:51 AM

Review by xxlaurarose:

I started taking Beyaz after trying Lo Loestrin Fe, that made me terribly sick. My friend had recommended it to me. I had no side effects and my period is only like 4 or 5 days long. There's no tiredness or mood swings before I get my period either. No spotting, no increase in acne. My sex drive has stayed the same. My mood has been so much lighter. Beyaz is great! I would recommend it to anyone that has had problems with other birth control pills. It's a miracle.

May 16, 2012 7:43 PM

I'm just starting my 3rd week of BeYaz and after reading some of the scary side effects I was very hesitant to take it. My doctor assured me that it was safe and that it was one of her favorite pills & she actually took it herself. The first few days were ok, then I started noticing I got nauseous about an hour after taking it. I was taking it in the evening a few hours after dinner. My mother suggested taking it with yogurt. So I switched and began taking it at lunch with a yogurt and I have had no additional nausea. I have been more tired than normal, but due to other things going on right now, I can't be certain that is from the pill. Overall so far I've had a good experience with this pill & I'm glad my doctor recommended it.

May 15, 2012 12:38 PM

I was prescribed this medicine to help with my erratic periods. It was great, at first. About eight months into it, I became anemic from heavy bleeding and had nine day periods instead of four. I've also experienced spotting eight months into taking it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2012 3:37 PM

I have been on Beyaz for a week now. Before that I had an IUD, which was removed after four years because of severe pain. The only side effect I really notice at this point is nausea throughout the day and I feel tired all day. I have a history of depression and anxiety with panic attacks. I don't notice any difference with those symptoms so far. The nausea is really bad around the afternoon every day, even though I take it at night. Since this is only my first week I'm going to stick it out and see what happens this month!

April 5, 2012 8:53 AM

I've been on Beyaz for almost a year, Since them I've gone through times of weight gain and loss which could just be my body's normal function. Recently I have noticed aversions to certain foods, nausea, severe migraines, and lack of sleep. I haven't noticed a change in sex drive. My skin in flawless, but recently I've had severe migraines.

March 24, 2012 6:06 AM

I use to be on Yaz until the price got so high. I switched to a different one for a few months had awful side effects so my year check up came and my doctor recommended Beyaz. I have been on it for almost a year. And my sex drive is almost completely gone and I'm more moody on the pill than off. It's crazy. But I don't have any headaches anymore. Had no weight gain and no cramping or back aches on my period.

March 9, 2012 2:22 PM