User Reviews for Beyaz

Learn more about Beyaz.

Beyaz Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Beyaz to treat Birth Control

"I have been taking BeYaz for a year now to prevent pregnancy. Because I have been taking it consistently at a scheduled time it has worked wonders! I would recommend this pill to anyone that is sexually active. Only side effects I have noticed are blood clots and emotional sensitivity. 10/10 highly recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

"BEYAZ is my WORST ENEMY! I took this BC pill for 1 1/2 months. Completed week 1 and the mood swings started. Week 3 I started bleeding light with minor cramps. Week 4 my light bleeding turned into heavy bleeding changing my pad every hour or less. The cramps were no longer minor they were just unbearable that I had to take Norco and Ibuprofen at the same time just to take the edge off. I spoke to my GYN about the symptoms and I was advise to give it another try even after I was in the ER injected with Dilaudid. Started 2nd pack as the bleeding and cramping still continues. Put on Vicodin and Naproxen for pain. I became depressed, angry, isolated, emotionally unattached and extremely tired I quit taking it mid way and now I'm in recovery."

Just Pain No Gain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

"Beyaz was good my first year, but as I continued to take it my libido short to none. I grew emotional, started having anxiety problems. I will be discontinuing this birth control bcz it's starting to affect my marriage."

JMP15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2015

"So far it's been a lot better than I expected. I have been dreading going on hormonal birth control, but after a failed experience with my Paragard IUD, I gave Beyaz a try. I haven't gained any weight at all- this was my biggest fear and I'm so happy it didn't come true. My stomach is flat and unbloated. My boobs have increased in size- they just feel nice and full but not sore! Sometimes I do feel a little blue, and my sex drive is definitely lower. My libido is at about 90% when I am with my boyfriend. My acne has gotten much worse, but they say this happens at first and then clear skin follows. Period has been light and no cramps!"

B25W (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

"When I first started taking Beyaz it was great. I had no problems but towards the end of the cycle I had terrible attitude, was very emotional, nauseous and too many headaches. Once my period was gone it came back a day after and it was light to medium. Very bad cramps. My appetite increased a lot more when I started. But everyone's body is different and would react different to the pills."

Yasmin. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2015

"Took it for 4 years. Acne was cleared up perfectly and I actually lost weight. In the beginning however I had pretty bad anxiety and was noticeably more emotional. Towards the end of my use I noticed my lethargy and mental fuzziness while in college. I also had dryness and a pretty low sex drive. Great obvious pros...but for me there were hidden cons physiologically and psychologically."

cleverhalie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

"I've been taking Beyaz for about 5 years now, I started when I was 14 because of severe cramps. It worked great for a while but in the last few months I have experienced spotting and longer periods with more severe cramps. I am going to speak to a doctor about trying another pill."

rosie12345 February 2, 2015

"I feel wonderful taking Beyaz but it's not perfect. It really helped with moderate acne, sometimes I would break out on my back and chest since taking I don't remember when I had a blemish. I have no mood swings, bloating or weight gain-- I'm actually at my lowest weight. Best thing my sex drive is great. The only minus is my period still varies sometimes it's heavy, sometimes it's light and I'm still getting intensive cramps the first day but honestly, I have no other issues and I can deal with it."

23 year old January 15, 2015

"I've been on Beyaz since September 2013 after switching from the Depo Shot. I love the pill, however, I get really bad cramps when my period comes. Not sure if it's because my body is still adjusting to being off the shot or what."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2014

"I have been on Beyaz for several years (3+). When I first started using the pill, I experienced frequent nausea for almost a year. I gradually switched time of dosage to the evening upon recommendation from my obgyn. The nauesa did clear up. I virtually have no acne. Within the first few years, I did have lighter periods (3-5 day bleeding with minimal cramping). However, in my fourth year of being on this pill, I have been getting my period for only a day. Most times I skip a period entirely. This is due to the thin uterine lining. I did however, develop severe mood swings and panic attacks, which I suffer from daily. I also have had some hair thinning and some weight gain. Loss of libido at first, but it did return after the 1st year."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2014

"Beyaz was the first birth control I experienced and I was on it for 2 years. It was nearly the perfect pill for me: no weight change, no mood swings, I regulated to it immediately, it dramatically shortened my periods to 3-4 days and was exactly on time every single month. The ONLY two problems I had that warranted me switching included a decreased sex drive, and multiple yeast infections. It was also a tad pricy. If it weren't for the yeast infections at least, I would stay on it! I'm nervous about switching pills, but I'm glad to know that I can go back on Beyaz if the others don't work out."

alextredeaux February 12, 2014

"It took almost 8 months but it finally started to work. My periods were so heavy I would go thru a tampax ultra in less than an hour and have to stay home during my periods. I would have to get up several times during the night. I would bleed some months for 30 days even on the Beyaz. My last two months I have bleed less than three days and can use a lite tampax it took a while but I am so happy I stuck with it. No weight gain either!!!!"

Orlando88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 13, 2013

"I started taking Beyaz about a month ago. I was originally taking Microgestin for birth control for a little over a year and I started to experience extreme cramps that kept me from classes on some days. I never had problems with acne or mood swings ever, especially while on Microgestin. Now that I'm taking Beyaz I have very bad acne and feel very depressed and lack luster. I normally have a very high sex drive as well and lately it has decreased immensely. Needless to say I will be switching."

Silicaw October 8, 2013

"Previously I was on Yaz for about 5 years and my insurance didn't cover it so I switched to BeYaz. I was on it for a good two years because it's the same thing as Yaz. Personally, I love this birth control. This is the only birth control for me. I suffer from PMDD and this helps me tremendously. And I also suffer from acne, my skin cleared right up in a week. Periods are better and shorter. No weight gain or other side effects. Perfect pill. I highly recommend this birth control."

Katia love (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2013

"I have taken this pill for two years now. I was originally put on it, because of a polyp. The polyp decreased dramatically. I have had no side effects minus minor spotting. My mood has increased dramatically right before and during my period. I used to have really bad cramps when I would get my period; however, that is practically non-existent now."

monimonimoni September 18, 2013

"I have been on Beyaz for about two years and never noticed any negative side effects. My cramps and period length were reduced significantly and I have loved this pill. Would definitely recommend."

Cassicap August 28, 2013

"Being on Beyaz has been, for the most part, fantastic. I originally was put on it to control my acne and heavy periods, and shortly after I began using it for birth control. It has continued to help with my acne, and has lightened/shortened my periods significantly, but over the past year or so I've noticed a vast decrease in my sex drive. It's almost non-existent. I haven't been on any other form of birth control, but I think that Beyaz is a pretty good choice."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2013

"I was on Beyaz for one month and had to switch. It made me tired and nauseous. It gave me the WORST headaches. They would last all day and Advil did not take the pain away. Maybe if I waited the whole 3 months, it would've straightened out but I just couldn't deal with the awful headaches. But like everyone says, everyone's body is different. Only pro: my mild acne seemed to clear up."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2013

"I have been on Beyaz for 4 months now after being diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. I have lost 50 lbs in the last 4 months, my mood is better, my face has cleared up dramatically, I would recommend this to ANYONE!"

pleased (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2013

"I'm 16 and I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome about 2 weeks ago. I was basically not getting my period. My pediatrician recommended Beyaz to control my Hormone level and some other things. I was skeptical about taking Birth control because of side effects such as depression and weight gain. I tend to be a very happy and energetic person and honestly I was scared to lose that, I was VERY SURPRISED THOUGH, Beyaz hasn't changed my mood at all, I haven't gained weight and overall I feel fine! Except for its made me TIRED. I work around that though and its no big deal. As for acne, Beyaz controls it amazingly. So far THANK YOU BEYAZ! You're really helping my future."

Indira G April 20, 2013

"I have been on Beyaz for a year and half and I've loved it! I had moderate acne before taking Beyaz and now I only breakout like once a month (it's usually only 2-3 pimples). My period went from a medium/heavy 7 days to light 3-4 days. I hardly have cramps or bloating. I love it. I sometimes get a little emotional but I contribute that to being 18 years old. The only real negative side effect that I could say that I have about Beyaz is that it's somewhat costly, my insurance doesn't cover it. But since I've loved all that its done for me, I choose to pay it. I would definitely recommend this anyone looking for a new birth control."

Amy Fisher March 11, 2013

"I have been on BeYaz for 5 months now. I was switched from a normal hormone birth control because it caused terrible breakouts (which I had never had in my life) as well as severe mood swings. At first, I really liked BeYaz. It cleared my skin back up to normal and I didn't notice any changes. Now I am starting to get extremely agitated at the smallest things, crying for no reason, extreme headaches, and am getting cramps like I used to without birth control. I am considering getting off birth control altogether."

Cassie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2013

"I'm only on my second month but Beyaz is already an answered prayer! I've suffered from polycystic ovarian syndrome for years and birth control pills have always aggravated some symptoms. Since starting this one I've seen much less facial hair, my skin is clearing up, I'm losing weight, and I've had my first cycle with no migraines which is a huge deal for me. I also have fibromyalgia and this medicine seems to be helping with that as well, perhaps its the vitamin aspect or my hormones finally balancing some. I was very hesitant at first and I'm so glad I gave it a shot! Thank you Bayer!"

aswarner110 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2012

"I've been taking Beyaz for a year now, and so far I like it better than anything I've ever took. It treated my moderate acne, I never get any acne anymore."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 24, 2012

"I was prescribed Beyaz after being diagnosed (finally) with Polycystic ovarian syndrome. After three months I've lost roughly fifteen pounds, I actually get my period (which for me is a good thing) and I see no other side effects past that that weren't bringing the changes from being put on progestin back to normal. If you have PCOS or similar symptoms, I'd recommend researching it further."

Anonymous July 20, 2012