User Reviews for Stribild

Learn more about Stribild.

HIV Infection 59 reviews 67 medications

9.4
Summary of Stribild reviews 59 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Stribild

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed February 2013 from my VA doctor, and was to the point of suicide; My wife of 13 yrs at the time stood by me faithfully . I had a CD4 of 550 and a VL of 19,000. Not fully understanding what I had. My Dr. started me on Stribild and 3 months later in MAY 2013 , I had an undetectable VL under 20 copies and CD4 was at 800. Since then my VL has remained undetectable and CD4 remains in the upper 950's, even went to 1040. Thank God for Gilead . I have no side effects whatsoever, and my wife has been HIV-. "

epad June 29, 2015

For HIV Infection "Dignosed 9/5/13!! Boy that was hard. Started on Atipla but after three days with the most horrendous dreams and pains, let alone the fact that I once I awoke I couldn't fall asleep again.I talked to my doctor, she is a sweetheart, changed to Stribild. No side effects. I started with a CD4 of 192 and VL of 78K. At the end of the first three months, my CD4 had climbed over 200 and my VL was less than 20. Currently Cd4 is >300 and have been *undetectable* since Dec' 2013. Worry about its cost...."

Regular Joe... (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

For HIV Infection "Hi all, here's my 5 cents worth. Healthy and fit male, 24, Australian. I was infected late February 2015 and diagnosed 11th March. CD4 count at 470 and Viral Load 410,000. Doctor recommended waiting for the DNA test to show if I had resistance before beginning ART. Almost 3 weeks later, tests came back and shown no major mutations so I began Stribild that day. I've had absolutely no side effects since. I take the pill between 7-9pm every night immediately after a good wholesome meal with ~500mL of water. At the end of the day, I commenced ART at week 6 of Acute HIV Infection. For many, most are not diagnosed this early. I happen to find out by fluke at week 2 of infection. After 1 month my CD4 count was 570 and Viral Load 290. Cheers."

iamtheone May 13, 2015

For HIV Infection "Started Stribild with CD4 less than 20 and VL about 50k. in first two months on the medication VL dropped below 200 and CD4 over 100. Now at the 4 month mark, VL about 20 but CD4 dropped to 79. Dr is running a resistance test to consider switching away from Stribild. Many thanks for the Gilead copay assistance."

Grubs One (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed with HIV 6/25/2013 with a T cell count of 373 (36%) and viraload of 136,000... Started Stribild on 9/1/2013......Became undetectable after 3 months and stayed that way ever since. After almost 2 years of treatment my T cell count is 1,150 and has remained in the thousands for quite some time. Absolutely no Side Effects! I praise God everyday and even though there is no cure here on earth, I serve a Supernatural King whose still seated on the throne! My advice to anyone is start treatment as soon as possible regardless of your CD4 count. Stribild had very minimum side effects if any at all and very easy to adhere to. Live well without shame, guilt or condemnation. Living life to the fullest!!!"

JesusisLord!!!! March 30, 2015

For HIV Infection "I was newly diagnosed December 2014. My CD4 count was 720 then dropped to 601 within 2 weeks. My viral load was at 37,450. I started Stribild February 19, 2015. My lab that was drawn March 13, 2015 showed my CD4 count at 840 and my viral load at 20. I have no side effects. I feel great. I'm able to work 2 jobs, go to school, and raise my kids. Hope it stays this good."

TuRaul (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2015

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed with HIV in 1985 (30 years ago). Monitored CD4 levels decreased gradually until they reached 240 2 months ago. Decided to start medications. Took Atripla for one month (December 2014) but had too many side effects. Started Stribild 2 months ago and have tingling and numbness in feet and lower legs. Breathing seems changed. Rapid heart rate a few hours after taking it. Worried about lactic acidosis and liver/kidney damage. Reading lots of internet articles about HIV medications doing more harm than good. Have to wonder if starting meds was a good decision."

Stribild+ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2015

For HIV Infection "Third day taking this med, I'm having aching in my fingers wrists and biceps."

jharp86 January 13, 2015

For HIV Infection "I'm very happy with this medicine, and I can only encourage anybody who's hesitating to start an HIV treatment to go for this one. After 5 years, I finally decided it was time to start taking medicine, as my CD4 were going down and my Viral load going higher and higher! There was no doubt, I was freaking out! I finally got offered with STRIBILD , as it is very practical to take one tablet per day. I must say that I almost didn't have ANY side effects, apart from the part that I was very worried. After 1 month and half, my VIRAL load became undetectable, it took more time for my CD4 to go back to normal, after 6 month, I am at 600 CD4. I feel very happy, relieved, much more energy, I have had no more gastric and diarrhea issues !"

Happyismylife December 9, 2014

For HIV Infection "I'm back to tell my progress with Stribild! I had labs done week ago and seen the doc yesterday. I've been on Stribild for at least 3 months got started late on them was diagnosed of having HIV in December 2012. My VL is at 90 and my CD4 dropped maybe because I wasn't on meds at the time for two years from 325 to 190 so now I'm considered having full blown Aids. He said once I'm at that stage I will always have Aids but the virus is coming down and CD4 coming up but I am healthy he said. He put me on Bactrim for Pneumonia. But I workout a lot and he said that really helps so that's all I got to say thanks Stribild."

gay steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2014

For HIV Infection "Well I got my labs report today my CD4 is 190 and viral load 90 now but I'm considered to have full blown AIDS. But am healthy and getting better with Stribild. Thanks to Stribild my viral load is coming down!"

Steve Texas November 12, 2014

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed in January 2014 and I started this in March once I was able to get a tight schedule with my med times. I have little no no side effects. As long as you eat 350 calories and keep it No longer than 2 hours from doses you'll be fine. My T cell count wasn't low when I started but it was 680 now it's 950 and my viral load is undetectable! Don't delay on medication therapy start as soon as possible."

new to this (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2014

For HIV Infection "I am back yet again to report on my findings. After speaking with my doctor and adjusting my dosage time, I was able to travel to Europe and back without any significant problems. I manage a hectic schedule and started to get a bit worried when I went in for my six month check up. I wondered if the medicine was still effective. It had been. All my liver kidney functions were right on the money. It is amazing what pharmaceuticals have done. The virus in itself changes a person, no doubt. However, I am satisfied that this medication is saving my life. Hopefully I will be able to report back for those who are afraid of starting treatment and might be apprehensive. In this case the cure is not worse than the virus."

Here and There (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2014

For HIV Infection "Jan 29th, 2014 I was diagnosed with HIV (CD4 was 475, VL 250,000) Didn't get on Stribild til May 2nd.. Taking it for 1.5 months, I reached (CD4-726 VL Und.) I Have Medicaid without a supplement plan. They pay everything. I pay $3.00 co-pay."

ARod NYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2014

For HIV Infection "Viral load 950,000 and T-Cell/CD-4 count less than 150. Doctor told me I have full-blown AIDS. I began taking Stribild two days ago (with a hearty dinner) along with Azithromycin and a multi-vitamin. I felt a tad bit nauseous the following day, but today I feel normal. No side effects. My insurance with Cigna saved me $2840.09 for a 30-day supply. Doctor wants another blood test in four weeks. She said I should be undetectable in two months...crossing fingers!"

Recovery Road September 13, 2014

For HIV Infection "Well I was diagnosed as being positive for about 5 1/2yrs now. No biggie, I didn't/ no one deserves it, but I was unintentionally asking for it. Anyways I first found out my viral load was a 50,000 and my Ts were 540. Clinic didn't want to put me on meds right away, but anyways... like 4ish years later my viral went from 50,000 to a million something and Ts dropped to the mid 20s. Several tests here and there, I went from a million back to a 50 and then my Ts went from 20s back to the 500s. Now got results, my viral went from 50 to the very low teens and my Ts went from 500 to mid 750. Stribild I love you."

anonhivohwell August 31, 2014

For HIV Infection "Back again. As of 8/28/14 my viral load is down to 34. My CD4 is climbing as well. No side effects anymore at the time."

atx guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2014

For HIV Infection "I started Stribild one week ago. I take it at night before bed. On the fourth night I woke up at 4am with a buzzing feeling in my chest as if something were eating me from the inside out. My mind was racing and all I could do was lay there and hold myself until it went away. The next night I woke up a bit later around 7am with the same feeling only it came in waves all through out the day. I could barely hold conversations without feeling like I was going to pass out from the anxiety. I took it again on the fifth day (despite not wanting to) and I ended up spending the whole next day in bed as my dizzy spells/nauseous feeling were ridiculous and unbearable. I stopped taking it last night and have an appointment tomorrow."

hanging in there June 26, 2014

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed HIV positive in July 2013. Treatment was started immediately after my resistance tests and numbers came back from the lab. September 2013 Started Stribild Viral Load 420,000 CD4 220 I was very nervous about a bad reaction to HIV meds. Viral Load dropped to 320 after 30 days. CD4 up to 300. Nausea, Headaches and a buzzed energetic feeling after taking the pill were the only side effects I felt. This only lasted about 3 weeks and came at random times. The wired feeling from the pill took a few months to go away. Dreams are intense sometimes but not bothered by it. After the drastic viral load drop it stayed around 100 copies for months. It took me 6 months to become undetectable which I have remained for 4 months now."

teadot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 27, 2014

For HIV Infection "My CD4 was at 3 and I almost died from the AIDS diarrhea and my muscles were tearing from everyday use. After six weeks of Stribild, CD4 was in the 500s range already. In a couple weeks I will be well enough to go back to work a little short of 3 months of medical leave. Started Stribild on March 18th."

atxguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2014

For HIV Infection "Taking Stribild as a post exposure prophylactic. On day 3 of a 28 day clinical trial. At this time the efficacy is unknown. Side effects are mild headache, bloating and flatulence. Nothing that would cause me to discontinue treatment."

TimE87 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2014

For HIV Infection "I'm back to report my findings. After a month on Stribild, my physician just called. I have less than 20 copies per ML of blood, which means I'm clinically undetectable. This medicine has very few side effects, if any, is easy on my body and is effective at knocking down the viral load in a very short period of time. Now instead of worrying about an AIDS related illness, I can plan for the future. Get tested, get treated and stay healthy."

Here and There April 3, 2014

For HIV Infection "Tested positive via rapid blood test Feb 1 2014. Confirmatory results of positive (Western blot) on Feb 5 2014. First visit with HIV management doctor Feb 13 2014 resulted in immediate prescription for Stribild; first dose same day. Initial bloodwork (drawn Feb 13/reported Feb 17) showed viral load of 53,000 and CD4 of 741. Follow up bloodwork (drawn Mar 31 2014/reported 2 April) showed viral load as *undetectable* and CD4 of 853. Only possible side effect is a slight variance in dream content/intensity but could be spurious. Gilead Co-Pay Assistance Program in conjunction with my employer group health insurance results in no out-of-pocket expense on my part. Extraordinarily happy with efficacy of Stribild and grateful to Gilead for CAP."

Aaron van Croo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2014

For HIV Infection "My boyfriend and I were diagnosed HIV positive January 8th. Boyfriend was near death. His CD4 was 55 and viral load at 666,000. After six weeks his viral load is undetectable and CD4 is now 471! I started Stribild two weeks ago. My CD4 back in January was 576 and viral load at 4624. Just went in for blood work today. Keep you posted. Only side effect is I'm dreaming can be a little intense and I have a very mild headache in the middle of the day. Otherwise, we're doing great!"

My boyfriend and I (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2014

For HIV Infection "My viral load at diagnosis (on 1-27-2014) was 15k. My CD4 were hovering at 560. I started Stribild a few days after diagnosis. I am not sure what my viral load or CD4 is at the moment. I will know when I go in for follow up testing at the end of this month. My physician seems to think that Stribild will bring me to an undetectable stage and my T-Cells will raise. As far as side effects, I have not experienced much of any. A slight and I do my slight rash has appeared on my chest. It has not affected my day to day activities at all. I have not experienced the many side effects I've heard about. I will check in with you all and let you know what effect the medicine has on the virus when I get the results."

Here and There (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2014