User Reviews for Stribild

Learn more about Stribild.

Stribild review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Stribild to treat HIV Infection

Review by Steve Texas:

Well I got my labs report today my CD4 is 190 and viral load 90 now but I'm considered to have full blown AIDS. But am healthy and getting better with Stribild. Thanks to Stribild my viral load is coming down!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2014 5:47 PM

Review by Here and There (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I am back yet again to report on my findings. After speaking with my doctor and adjusting my dosage time, I was able to travel to Europe and back without any significant problems. I manage a hectic schedule and started to get a bit worried when I went in for my six month check up. I wondered if the medicine was still effective. It had been. All my liver kidney functions were right on the money. It is amazing what pharmaceuticals have done. The virus in itself changes a person, no doubt. However, I am satisfied that this medication is saving my life. Hopefully I will be able to report back for those who are afraid of starting treatment and might be apprehensive. In this case the cure is not worse than the virus.

November 3, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by ARod NYC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Jan 29th, 2014 I was diagnosed with HIV (CD4 was 475, VL 250,000) Didn't get on Stribild til May 2nd.. Taking it for 1.5 months, I reached (CD4-726 VL Und.) I Have Medicaid without a supplement plan. They pay everything. I pay $3.00 co-pay.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by Recovery Road:

Viral load 950,000 and T-Cell/CD-4 count less than 150. Doctor told me I have full-blown AIDS. I began taking Stribild two days ago (with a hearty dinner) along with Azithromycin and a multi-vitamin. I felt a tad bit nauseous the following day, but today I feel normal. No side effects. My insurance with Cigna saved me $2840.09 for a 30-day supply. Doctor wants another blood test in four weeks. She said I should be undetectable in two months...crossing fingers!

September 13, 2014 7:46 AM

Review by anonhivohwell:

Well I was diagnosed as being positive for about 5 1/2yrs now. No biggie, I didn't/ no one deserves it, but I was unintentionally asking for it. Anyways I first found out my viral load was a 50,000 and my Ts were 540. Clinic didn't want to put me on meds right away, but anyways... like 4ish years later my viral went from 50,000 to a million something and Ts dropped to the mid 20s. Several tests here and there, I went from a million back to a 50 and then my Ts went from 20s back to the 500s. Now got results, my viral went from 50 to the very low teens and my Ts went from 500 to mid 750. Stribild I love you.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2014 5:51 AM

Review by atx guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Back again. As of 8/28/14 my viral load is down to 34. My CD4 is climbing as well. No side effects anymore at the time.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 5:57 PM

Review by hanging in there:

I started Stribild one week ago. I take it at night before bed. On the fourth night I woke up at 4am with a buzzing feeling in my chest as if something were eating me from the inside out. My mind was racing and all I could do was lay there and hold myself until it went away. The next night I woke up a bit later around 7am with the same feeling only it came in waves all through out the day. I could barely hold conversations without feeling like I was going to pass out from the anxiety. I took it again on the fifth day (despite not wanting to) and I ended up spending the whole next day in bed as my dizzy spells/nauseous feeling were ridiculous and unbearable. I stopped taking it last night and have an appointment tomorrow.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by teadot (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Diagnosed HIV positive in July 2013. Treatment was started immediately after my resistance tests and numbers came back from the lab. September 2013 Started Stribild Viral Load 420,000 CD4 220 I was very nervous about a bad reaction to HIV meds. Viral Load dropped to 320 after 30 days. CD4 up to 300. Nausea, Headaches and a buzzed energetic feeling after taking the pill were the only side effects I felt. This only lasted about 3 weeks and came at random times. The wired feeling from the pill took a few months to go away. Dreams are intense sometimes but not bothered by it. After the drastic viral load drop it stayed around 100 copies for months. It took me 6 months to become undetectable which I have remained for 4 months now.

May 27, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by atxguy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My CD4 was at 3 and I almost died from the AIDS diarrhea and my muscles were tearing from everyday use. After six weeks of Stribild, CD4 was in the 500s range already. In a couple weeks I will be well enough to go back to work a little short of 3 months of medical leave. Started Stribild on March 18th.

May 23, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by TimE87 (taken for less than 1 month):

Taking Stribild as a post exposure prophylactic. On day 3 of a 28 day clinical trial. At this time the efficacy is unknown. Side effects are mild headache, bloating and flatulence. Nothing that would cause me to discontinue treatment.

May 20, 2014 9:56 AM

Review by Here and There:

I'm back to report my findings. After a month on Stribild, my physician just called. I have less than 20 copies per ML of blood, which means I'm clinically undetectable. This medicine has very few side effects, if any, is easy on my body and is effective at knocking down the viral load in a very short period of time. Now instead of worrying about an AIDS related illness, I can plan for the future. Get tested, get treated and stay healthy.

April 3, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Aaron van Croo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tested positive via rapid blood test Feb 1 2014. Confirmatory results of positive (Western blot) on Feb 5 2014. First visit with HIV management doctor Feb 13 2014 resulted in immediate prescription for Stribild; first dose same day. Initial bloodwork (drawn Feb 13/reported Feb 17) showed viral load of 53,000 and CD4 of 741. Follow up bloodwork (drawn Mar 31 2014/reported 2 April) showed viral load as *undetectable* and CD4 of 853. Only possible side effect is a slight variance in dream content/intensity but could be spurious. Gilead Co-Pay Assistance Program in conjunction with my employer group health insurance results in no out-of-pocket expense on my part. Extraordinarily happy with efficacy of Stribild and grateful to Gilead for CAP.

April 2, 2014 10:22 PM

Review by My boyfriend and I (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My boyfriend and I were diagnosed HIV positive January 8th. Boyfriend was near death. His CD4 was 55 and viral load at 666,000. After six weeks his viral load is undetectable and CD4 is now 471! I started Stribild two weeks ago. My CD4 back in January was 576 and viral load at 4624. Just went in for blood work today. Keep you posted. Only side effect is I'm dreaming can be a little intense and I have a very mild headache in the middle of the day. Otherwise, we're doing great!

March 13, 2014 10:33 PM

Review by Here and There (taken for less than 1 month):

My viral load at diagnosis (on 1-27-2014) was 15k. My CD4 were hovering at 560. I started Stribild a few days after diagnosis. I am not sure what my viral load or CD4 is at the moment. I will know when I go in for follow up testing at the end of this month. My physician seems to think that Stribild will bring me to an undetectable stage and my T-Cells will raise. As far as side effects, I have not experienced much of any. A slight and I do my slight rash has appeared on my chest. It has not affected my day to day activities at all. I have not experienced the many side effects I've heard about. I will check in with you all and let you know what effect the medicine has on the virus when I get the results.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2014 1:37 PM

Review by VauxScot (taken for less than 1 month):

I started on Stribilid on 17th Jan 2014, my Viral Load was 150k. After 4 weeks I'm undetectable. I've had little side effects at all. I take the pill at lunch, all seems to be working (really) well so far. I quit drinking to help the meds work best they can and to improve adherence but by the looks of things this regimen is doing well for lots of people which is great to see. Kidney and liver all good too!

February 26, 2014 5:42 PM

Review by RLJS (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Started Stribild January 2014. CD4 was 900, viral load 16000 at time I started. After 20 days I had bloods done to check how it was working including liver, kidney function tests and bone density test. Results where outstanding. After just 20 days CD4 was 1200 and viral load undetectable. Kidney and liver working normal and bone density normal. I take it in the morning with food. In the first week I suffered very slight side effects, loose stool and slight dizziness within two hours of taking it. Now feel no side effects at all. In fact feel like I have a lot more energy. I recommend this medicine it works really well.

February 20, 2014 3:25 AM

Review by jonny1985:

This medicine is a gift from God. Not only am I undetectable and T-cells 1000 , but my body fat has dropped 8%, my muscle mass has increased substantially, and I have grown 1 inch. I started at 400 T cells and 100k viral load.

February 16, 2014 2:20 PM

Review by Kengi:

I've been taking Stribild since August of 2013 when I made the choice to start HIV treatment because I have a negative partner and my T-cells had fallen below 900. I've also wanted to remain proactive about my care and always want to remain well. Stribild was the best choice for me, it did not interfere in any way with my daily outreaches or HIV peer support that I do, nor did it slow me down from my passion for photography and art. There are no side effects that I can speak to and right away my T-cells climbed back to well over 1100 and my viral load was undetectable in just three weeks.

February 11, 2014 2:29 PM

Review by Anon11:

I have been on Stribild since April 2013 and started with a 57,500 viral load and 328 cd4. Within a month my viral load was down to 25! As of October 2013 the virus is undetectable and my cd4 is up to 585. The only side effect is occasional loose stool but that's it--nothing else! I take the pill every morning with breakfast. It works great!

November 6, 2013 5:54 AM

Review by pleased (taken for less than 1 month):

Started Stribild a week ago. I was very concerned about side effects but have not had any. I am very excited about this one pill regimen.

October 26, 2013 5:02 AM

Review by Peace of mind:

I was diagnosed August 3, 2013. I started taking STRIBILD September 1st. 20 days later I had my first blood test and today October 11th I got my results. My viral load went from 69,000 to 196 and my CD4 count went up from 365 to 547...in only 20 says!. This medication is amazing. Most importantly I don't have side effects. In the beginning I was very worried because I thought my life would changed dramatically due to some horrible side effects. However I'm very pleased now. I take STRIBILD once a day at my lunch time and I'm looking forward to continuing living a healthy life.

October 11, 2013 10:56 PM

Review by Guy in Cali:

Tested in Dec 2012. Started with a 120,000 Viral Load, 187 CD4 count. Began Meds in Beginning of March 2013. 30 days later APRIL 2013 = 190 Viral Load, 280 CD4. 60 days after that JUNE 2013 = 50 Viral Load, 230 CD4. What I notice: I was also diagnosed with a very active level of CMV 5x above the range (CMV also known as Herpes 1). It gave me problems from blisters in the gums to Acid Reflux. I was put on Acyclovir 800 mg 3x a day and after 2 weeks only 400mg 1x a day. Now I feel very healthy. Key is treating other infections and being careful with sick animals or other people (especially on a low CD4 count).

October 2, 2013 2:33 AM

Review by mark feeling great:

Was diagnosed with pneumonia in March 2013 and HIV. Viral load was 16000 and CD4 365. July viral load was 7600 and CD4 735 without meds. Started Stribild August 2013, after 3 weeks I'm undetectable and CD4 765. Very pleased.

September 26, 2013 12:22 PM

Review by KJB1986 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been on STRIBILD for a little over 3 weeks now, and have had NO side effects at all. Haven't gone back to get my blood work done yet, so not sure what my numbers are. But I'm very PLEASED to have no side effects. This is my first HIV treatment, and I was nervous and almost expecting some horrible nasty side effects. Very pleased.

September 19, 2013 5:07 AM

Review by B in TX:

I started taking Stribild on August 8th, 2013. When I was diagnosed my viral load was around 160,000 per mL and my CD4 cell count was around 250. I went in for blood work on September 5th, 2013. I went in the next week to get my results and I am so astonished. My viral load is undetectable (less than 20 copies per mL of blood) and my CD4 is around 650. This medicine is not as harsh as I thought it was going to be. It is a very aggressive medicine on the virus but I take it at night with a meal. If there are any side effects I sleep them off. Only twice did I ever wake up feeling nauseous which I was able to fix with Pepto-Bismol.

September 13, 2013 3:59 AM