User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Review by Mike from nz: User Rating:

clonazepam: Works great for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder for me. Can intensify if I stop talking it though.....which is a slight worry, as I would prefer not to take it for the rest of my life if I can help it. I do feel a little groggy sometimes, but the benefits are far greater for me. At my worst I was hitting myself and my partner in my sleep without any control at all and would waken me 9 times out of 10. So I was having very poor sleep, so was my wife. So I can live with a bit of tiredness over feeling like a zombie.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 1, 2014 6:01 PM
Review by Majestic Angel (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have been taking this for several years for a tremor and anxiety. I take it 3 times a day, it works so well, but lately Doctors are giving me hard time filling it because it's considered a controlled substance. I have tried other medications and this works the best for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2013 8:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I take this for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It works but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I tried to take it earlier in the evening and it still was hard to wake up. I don't feel like I got a good night sleep because I am groggy most of the day. I will talk to my doctor about different options. If it wasn't for this side effect, it works great for PLMD.

January 28, 2013 12:29 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Excellent finally some relief!

December 13, 2012 12:14 AM

clonazepam: Excellent! The only side effect is that if I missed one night it will be impossible to sleep. I only have 1mg before going to sleep and I have my nights back.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2012 4:56 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Klonopin works WAY better for me, and with little to no side effects, unlike Requip or Mirapex.

January 23, 2012 9:36 PM
Review by Gigel: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Used for Burning Mouth Syndrome works well, I have no side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2011 9:39 PM
Review by sdnicki: User Rating:

clonazepam: It has stopped the muscle spasms from a disc in my back. Finally had a good nights sleep.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 2, 2009 6:10 PM
Review by annette pisciotta: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): It helps my stimulus sensitive myoclonus. 10 out of 100,000 persons have this condition. It is caused by a flu virus and when I do not take it I have a jerking of the head. One can get the jerking in the arm, leg, diaphragm. This medicine takes away all the jerking movement. I have a movement disorder since I have been 2 years old and when I take this medicine, I am perfectly normal. At the age of 2 years old I caught a flu virus and had to learn to re-walk and re-talk. I have above average intelligence. I have been on this medicine since 1985. I have no anger fits, or anxiety or other things people take this drug for, just stimulus sensitive myoclonus.

August 28, 2009 5:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

clonazepam: I can really tell the difference for the worst if I miss taking clonazepam.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 27, 2009 1:00 AM
Review by Previously sleepless, now in a fog:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I started on this medication for PLMD about 1 month ago. I am now able to sleep almost through the night, which for me is highly unusual. In that respect it is great. I am, however, having some trouble feeling groggy during the day, with unclear thinking and some unsteady gait. I typically wear heels daily with my work, but have had to go to flats. The adjustment to the medication has been difficult; I feel sort of "hung over" during the day, even though I take only the one dose in the early evening to calm my legs to allow me to progress into a deep, restorative sleep. I am going to continue because even though it isn't perfect, I could not go on without being able to have any Stage 3 or Stage 4 sleep due to PLMD.

August 13, 2008 4:47 PM

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here