User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Doing the medicines for restless legs syndrome, I started on Requip and the medicine worked well, but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I was fainting when I stood up. That was on 1mg of Requip. After 2 weeks of 'getting used to the medicine' I went back and asked to get changed out to something different and the Doc put me on Klonopin. No more fainting and I get a good nights sleep. I only take half a pill (1mg pills) before bed so I guess I'm not a hard core case. But it worked as a better alternative to Requip for me."

mws0606 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "sleep start shoulder and neck jerks"

siyal January 3, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been on Klonopin since 2004--it works the best for me. I've had 2 sleep studies, which have shown moderate RLS and PLMS, with some sIeep apnea. I have tried Requip, Sinemet and Mirapex, even getting the Dr. to up the dose of one of them, but did not have the immediate relief that Klonopin brings. I've had a bit of a hard time with my Dr. to fill the script, because it's a controlled substance. I've explained to him that I have not had to increase my Klonopin dosage much in the 10 years that I've been taking it (0.5mg to 1 mg). The one time I did not take it, I woke up 4 hours later like a bolt of lightning struck me. It's necessary for my PLMS, and to function in life!"

PLMSgal (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have had restless leg syndrome since I was at least 5 yrs old, it runs in my family. It affected my school, jobs, trips and sleeping. As I got older the symptoms became worse. By the age of 30 yrs old I could no longer sleep at night due to the energy build up in my legs and arms, my brain was also not shutting down at night. I dreaded going to bed for years. My twin sister also has rest leg syndrome and her doctor put her on Klonopin, it worked for her. So I went to my doctor and he gave me a prescription of Requip. It didn't work well. He switched my medication and I started taking Klonopin. The changes were immediate. I slept for the first time all night. I can take long drives, fly in airplanes and actually sit through a movie."

Kim rodriguez August 5, 2014

"Works great for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder for me. Can intensify if I stop talking it though.....which is a slight worry, as I would prefer not to take it for the rest of my life if I can help it. I do feel a little groggy sometimes, but the benefits are far greater for me. At my worst I was hitting myself and my partner in my sleep without any control at all and would waken me 9 times out of 10. So I was having very poor sleep, so was my wife. So I can live with a bit of tiredness over feeling like a zombie."

Mike from nz January 1, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been taking this for several years for a tremor and anxiety. I take it 3 times a day, it works so well, but lately Doctors are giving me hard time filling it because it's considered a controlled substance. I have tried other medications and this works the best for me."

Majestic Angel (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take this for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It works but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I tried to take it earlier in the evening and it still was hard to wake up. I don't feel like I got a good night sleep because I am groggy most of the day. I will talk to my doctor about different options. If it wasn't for this side effect, it works great for PLMD."

Anonymous January 28, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Excellent finally some relief!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2012

"Excellent! The only side effect is that if I missed one night it will be impossible to sleep. I only have 1mg before going to sleep and I have my nights back."

Anonymous February 3, 2012

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin works WAY better for me, and with little to no side effects, unlike Requip or Mirapex."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Used for Burning Mouth Syndrome works well, I have no side effects."

Gigel January 14, 2011

"It has stopped the muscle spasms from a disc in my back. Finally had a good nights sleep."

sdnicki September 2, 2009

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It helps my stimulus sensitive myoclonus. 10 out of 100,000 persons have this condition. It is caused by a flu virus and when I do not take it I have a jerking of the head. One can get the jerking in the arm, leg, diaphragm. This medicine takes away all the jerking movement. I have a movement disorder since I have been 2 years old and when I take this medicine, I am perfectly normal. At the age of 2 years old I caught a flu virus and had to learn to re-walk and re-talk. I have above average intelligence. I have been on this medicine since 1985. I have no anger fits, or anxiety or other things people take this drug for, just stimulus sensitive myoclonus."

annette pisciotta August 28, 2009

"I can really tell the difference for the worst if I miss taking clonazepam."

Anonymous March 27, 2009

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started on this medication for PLMD about 1 month ago. I am now able to sleep almost through the night, which for me is highly unusual. In that respect it is great. I am, however, having some trouble feeling groggy during the day, with unclear thinking and some unsteady gait. I typically wear heels daily with my work, but have had to go to flats. The adjustment to the medication has been difficult; I feel sort of "hung over" during the day, even though I take only the one dose in the early evening to calm my legs to allow me to progress into a deep, restorative sleep. I am going to continue because even though it isn't perfect, I could not go on without being able to have any Stage 3 or Stage 4 sleep due to PLMD."

Previously sleepless, now in a fog August 13, 2008