User Reviews for Biaxin

Learn more about Biaxin.

Biaxin Review Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 132 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Biaxin to treat Bronchitis

"I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis with dry cough, wheezing, chest pain, fever & fatigue. Within a day of taking Biaxin the pain & fever was gone. The coughing and fatigue lasted a week. The only side effect was an unpleasant aftertaste which was minor. Overall the drug worked pretty well."

Mel76 May 15, 2015

"I was full of itises: bronchitis, sinusitis and pharyngitis and felt miserable. Doc prescribed Biaxin and I started to be on the mend in a couple of days after starting treatment. On day 3 of taking it I felt good enough to exercise (not super intense, but enough to at least get the blood flowing and feel like a human being again.) Biaxin has been hard on my gut. It helps to eat a lot of food before taking it. If my stomach starts hurting or cramping, I eat more food and it helps relieve it. Unexpected side effect: Biaxin gave me energy and increased aggression/agitation. It did what it was supposed to do and knocked out my infection. All in all, worth it for me."

fitzle March 28, 2014

"Doc told me I had bronchitis, first time on Biaxin, after two days still have the bitter taste in the mouth, sleeping like crazy, increased heart rate, but overall medicine seems to be working great after two days, good alternative to amoxicillin."

KillerRevised (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2013

"After 4 days Biaxin makes me feel slightly light headed and very gassy."

Tarrah (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2013

"Stomach pains and bad taste. Drink plenty of water it helps the taste and stomach. I've had different reactions with Biaxin. Don't drink caffeine and take it. It will keep you awake and don't lay down in bed for 1 hour after taking. This all seems to help keep stimulation down so you can sleep."

bunny rabbit (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2012

"Been on Biaxin earlier in the year for a sinus infection, worked like a charm then, and the side effects were slight. (Just the metallic taste.) Got prescribed it for bronchitis a couple of days ago and I've got the worst nausea, can't even look at or smell food."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2012

"From reading the other reviews, when it's good it's very very good and when it's bad it's horrid. Unfortunately my experience was horrid. After two days, couldn't get more than 10 ft from the toilet. That lasted for 2 weeks. "

Anonymous April 2, 2012

"Eat a little yogurt before talking the pill and a little after. It takes that awful metal taste away."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

"I started Biaxin for Bronchitis 3 nights ago. By the next day I noticed some improvement in my chest congestion, but it's been 3 days and I still have a congested cough. I would have thought it would be somewhat better by now. It's the weekend so there's not much I can do. If I still have the chest congestion on Monday I'm going back to the Dr. Overall though there is an improvement."

Anonymous October 22, 2011

"Biaxin was prescribed for bronchitis 500mg 2x daily. I have experienced metallic taste since the first pill. I am tired and have experienced a soreness on my right side. I have experienced soreness on my right side from other antibiotics as well (not all antibiotics), so perhaps this is a rare sensitivity on my part. "

Mikedb April 8, 2011

"I have been on Biaxin for 3 days now. I have very loose bowel movements, horrible taste in my mouth, and I can't sleep. I have been eating tootsie roll pops to combat the bad taste in my mouth. I am going to stop Biaxin immediately and call my Doctor first thing in the morning. Up at 2:00 am now, wide awake with diarrhea and a tootsie roll pop!"

Anonymous December 24, 2010

"This medication made me nauseous and left a hideous taste in my mouth. I only took the one pill, but the negative side effects lasted a full 12 hours. I drank tons of fluids but it did not help. I asked my doctor to give me an alternate antibiotic. The amoxicillin worked great."

Anonymous March 9, 2010

"Was given this medication to treat a secondary infection from bronchitis (because the original doctor only gave me 5 days of medicines). After 24 hours of taking this medication a second time I was hospitalized for 5 days with a severe allergic reaction."

Anonymous January 7, 2010

"Went to Doctor's with very bad sore throat and cough. Was given Biaxin and it took two days for my throat to clear up but my throat was very bad. It seems to be working. I was given a cough medicine too, could not tell which one was making me tired."

riceman9854 November 26, 2009

"Left a very unpleasant taste in my mouth the entire time."

Anonymous November 20, 2009

"Med Fast diagnosed me with just flu symptoms and was send home with just an Albuterol prescription. My Primary Care Doctor called me same day and from hearing my voice and telling him my symptoms, my Doctor immediately prescribed me Biaxin 500MG 1 pill 2 x a day for 7 days. Within hours, fever and aches went away and I remain this way. Obviously, bacterial infection somewhere. Biaxin is a wonderful medicine."

boxerboo October 25, 2009

"My doctor gave this to me for my brochitis, it seems to be working fairly well. The only thing is it seems to be making me really sleeping. I have done extensive research on this drug and can't find this as a possible side effect."

kardav2 August 11, 2008