User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Review Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 336 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Sinusitis

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Blurred vision, medication did not help sinus issues."

Sinusitis Susie July 28, 2015

"Terrible problem with sinus issues and drainage for many, many years. This year, almost one infection per month on average. Resistant to most antibiotics according to ENT. My internist prescribed Cipro on a flareup (drainage, headache, green discharge). Tried this and on 2nd day, remarkable improvement. Also, achiness in joints, trouble sleeping next night, anxiousness. Cut back to one pill in morning, instead of prescribed two. Side affects are about 80% less and I do believe it is still very effective. Shortly after taking pill, it seems to make me want to cough phlegm like Mucinex D (phlegm almost non-existent after 3 days) and it gave me a unbelievable dry cough. Seems very effective medicine, but has very strong side effects."

karl10 June 7, 2015

"I took Cipro for a sinus infection along with bronchitis. It worked very well but I didn't like the fact that I had to avoid dairy and take my multivitamin at a small window of opportunity during the day. Cipro made me very tired and weak, also a little fuzzy. Plus side was I slept great at night and it cured my infections."

Xuytdjb (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

"I had a very bad sinus infection and was treated with Bactrim. That didn't work so my ENT prescribed Cipro. Yes, it's a strong drug but within 2 days I felt better. And let me tell you, I was very sick. I don't have any side effects yet, it's been four days (2x day). I want to recommend to folks who are looking at everyone's comments that most people who have had good experience with this drug don't post anything. So make your own decisions and don't be dissuaded from trying this drug."

Samantha1!!!! May 22, 2015

"Of all the available antibiotics, this one has the fewest side effects for me, and unless I have a MRSA infection in my sinus, the one that works the best. Allergic reactions can happen with any medicine, so make sure you know those signs. Itchy skin (hyper itchy), welts, short of breath, blue fingernails, etc."

Jackrorabbit (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "After taking just three pills I had diarrhea and nausea."

I had sinus and ear etc... September 27, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "With a combination of Cipro and some Mucinex my sinus problems were gone in 24 hours. I'm finishing the medicine and feeling great."

Anonymous February 1, 2012

"I was prescribed it this morning for sinus infection to be taken 100mg 2 times a day. After the second pill this evening my sinuses started clearing and I felt energized and amazed at how quickly it helped. I am afraid though it is going to affect my ability to get a good nights sleep and I have a small rash but not itchy. My worst worry is that I just had ankle surgery and currently having some problems with my Achilles tendon that my doctor is aware of. After researching the medication this evening I am almost afraid of taking it anymore. I have enough ankle problems as it is. Love how fast it works though...but side effects could be troublesome."

Shebalin November 8, 2011

"This medication made me nauseous everytime I took it, but I continued to take it . On the 7th day I became very ill. Chills, vomiting, hurting and I stayed in bed for 2 days except for going to the Instant Care. They said I had an allergic reaction. The doctor also gave me a 1-pill medication to prevent an yeast infection."

Anonymous July 30, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I had sinusitis since I was in high school. My doctor prescribed me this, it took 2 weeks before it works. This medicine was great!"

lorina January 27, 2010