User Reviews for Cipro

Learn more about Cipro.

Cipro review summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Bladder Infection

Review by DlReed:

Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by carrosa (taken for less than 1 month):

This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future.

April 13, 2014 10:26 AM

I love Cipro. I have had it several times before for a bladder infection, and again recently after passing a kidney stone. It works so fast. I have nothing bad to say about it, in fact I have noticed that my skin has cleared up, I know it isn't for that but my skin has never been this clear.

October 16, 2013 5:50 PM

Review by Anonymous54:

This medicine gave me quick relief from the urinary tract infection, however I am vomiting and have diarrhea. The pharmacist label said to take on an empty stomach but when I called them, they said I can eat just no dairy. Hopefully with something in my stomach the side effects will decrease.

May 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Review by Tough lesson:

I took one dose and within about 3 hours the blood started to clear from the urine and pain lessened; however, soon I got a bad headache, nausea, and chills. Within about 12 hours from the first (and only)dose I was in the hospital--vomiting and feeling miserable. Was there for 3 days taking a different antibiotic and fluids by IV. One week later bad diahrrea, and pain in knee joint. Must be allergic to Cipro--will remember that for sure!

January 23, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Dim Sum (taken for less than 1 month):

I had a major bladder infection and was prescribed Cipro. I had diarrhea and dizzy spells the entire time I took this medicine. I told my new primary doctor to prescribe Amoxicillin. He told me that Cipro is better. My former doctor prescribed Amoxil and I never had problems with that medicine.

October 15, 2012 2:16 AM

Had a bad allergic reaction to this medication after 2 pills and stopped taking it. Asked for another DIFFERENT medication.

July 11, 2012 10:56 AM

Caused severe allergic reaction when I had never had a reaction to any medication before. Had to be hospitalized. Doctor said he has been seeing more and more allergic reactions to Cipro.

April 14, 2012 5:04 AM

Review by acv:

It made my whole body hurt specially my joints and my ankles

July 26, 2011 5:44 PM

Caused me violent abdominal pain, flank pain, nausea, and headache. After 3 days, I called my doctor for a different medicine.

June 24, 2011 8:16 PM

I had to stop taken the medicine due to getting yellowing of the skin, fevers, nightmares, severe headaches, dizziness, hot flashes, restlessness, nausea, etc. The medicine was fine until about 3 days into it then I began to feel worse and it was even hard for me to breathe. I may be one of the select few who reacted this way and I followed everything that I was told to do exactly.

March 5, 2011 1:21 PM

I am on my 3rd day of taking ciprofloxacin and it's working great. Although I do get intense headaches but I would rather that short term rather than have the constant feeling of needing 2 go 2 the toilet.

February 7, 2011 3:26 AM

Review by legabeagle2:

Cipro is magical when it comes to bladder infections. Please do not drink milk and please make sure you eat a cracker, a piece of bread or other food prior to taking this medication. It is by far the strongest and most effective for severe bladder infections. Within just hours you no longer feel that constant annoying urgency to urinate and the pain of the oncoming infection lessens the first day of taking Cipro. And, lastly, however most importantly, do not have intercourse for at least a week or longer.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2010 11:23 AM

It's been three days since I've been on this medicine. First time user also. I never had a bladder infection but it got a lot better than it was the first day with the burning and pain. I am still experiencing a bit of the burning. I am hoping it works and takes it fully away about the time its my last dose. At first this medicine made me nauseous and tired but I drank more water and it seemed to help take that away.

October 8, 2010 9:27 AM

Used this for bladder infection, works great no side effects, cleared up in 7 days.

May 14, 2010 7:43 PM

I have become very sensitive to ingredients in certain drinks and products. I can no longer take bubble baths or use body washes (anything with scents). I also can't drink any of the energy drinks. From the first time I feel the symptoms (frequency, pain, "full" feeling), it's usually gone straight to my kidneys and I'm urinating with blood in the urine. Over the counter mediines don't work with me. The doctor gives me Cipro and Pyridine (for pain/turns urine orange) and it knocks it out fast and completely. Depending on the dose (I get higher for kidneys than just straight bladder), it can wipe out all bacteria (good/bad) and cause a yeast infection. I've been lucky and only have had one.

February 28, 2010 6:44 AM

It works every time, however takes about 3-4 hours to provide relief. The only reason why I don't give it a 10 is because it gives me yeast infections every time.

January 4, 2010 12:31 AM

I was recently prescribed this medication and it did not work at all for me.

December 19, 2009 8:51 PM

It always works!

July 21, 2009 4:08 PM

I had a very serere bladder infection. My urologist prescribed Cipro and it worked like a charm. I didn't suffer any side effects.

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2008 10:54 PM