User Reviews for Cipro

Learn more about Cipro.

Cipro Review Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Bladder Infection

"Second day into a 7 day cycle ...within the first 15 to 20 minutes ciprofloxacin gives me phantom sensations like flea bites..nothing major it goes away shortly after. The blood is clearing up in my urine but still a mild pain in my right flank. Hopefully this stuff gets rid of the bacteria for good. Feels like it is..other than a sour stomach it seems to be working"

nevermind boy June 17, 2015

"Started taking for bladder infection, got to day 2 of taking the medication when it started giving me random sharp stomach pains (wasn't having any dairy products either) and caused me to have panic attacks where I felt extremely dizzy. I had to ask for another medication."

Anon7384 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

"I have to be on it for 2 months due to surgery and chronic bladder infection..women..please eat something and take a probiotic with this medicine. Working great! No complaints and no yeast infection..yay!"

jerzeegirl1 February 26, 2015

"Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful."

DlReed November 18, 2014

"This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future."

carrosa (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2014

"I love Cipro. I have had it several times before for a bladder infection, and again recently after passing a kidney stone. It works so fast. I have nothing bad to say about it, in fact I have noticed that my skin has cleared up, I know it isn't for that but my skin has never been this clear."

Anonymous October 16, 2013

"This medicine gave me quick relief from the urinary tract infection, however I am vomiting and have diarrhea. The pharmacist label said to take on an empty stomach but when I called them, they said I can eat just no dairy. Hopefully with something in my stomach the side effects will decrease."

Anonymous54 May 7, 2013

"I took one dose and within about 3 hours the blood started to clear from the urine and pain lessened; however, soon I got a bad headache, nausea, and chills. Within about 12 hours from the first (and only)dose I was in the hospital--vomiting and feeling miserable. Was there for 3 days taking a different antibiotic and fluids by IV. One week later bad diahrrea, and pain in knee joint. Must be allergic to Cipro--will remember that for sure!"

Tough lesson January 23, 2013

"I had a major bladder infection and was prescribed Cipro. I had diarrhea and dizzy spells the entire time I took this medicine. I told my new primary doctor to prescribe Amoxicillin. He told me that Cipro is better. My former doctor prescribed Amoxil and I never had problems with that medicine."

Dim Sum (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2012

"Had a bad allergic reaction to this medication after 2 pills and stopped taking it. Asked for another DIFFERENT medication."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

"Caused severe allergic reaction when I had never had a reaction to any medication before. Had to be hospitalized. Doctor said he has been seeing more and more allergic reactions to Cipro."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

"It made my whole body hurt specially my joints and my ankles"

acv July 26, 2011

"Caused me violent abdominal pain, flank pain, nausea, and headache. After 3 days, I called my doctor for a different medicine."

Anonymous June 24, 2011

"I had to stop taken the medicine due to getting yellowing of the skin, fevers, nightmares, severe headaches, dizziness, hot flashes, restlessness, nausea, etc. The medicine was fine until about 3 days into it then I began to feel worse and it was even hard for me to breathe. I may be one of the select few who reacted this way and I followed everything that I was told to do exactly."

Anonymous March 5, 2011

"I am on my 3rd day of taking ciprofloxacin and it's working great. Although I do get intense headaches but I would rather that short term rather than have the constant feeling of needing 2 go 2 the toilet."

Anonymous February 7, 2011

"Cipro is magical when it comes to bladder infections. Please do not drink milk and please make sure you eat a cracker, a piece of bread or other food prior to taking this medication. It is by far the strongest and most effective for severe bladder infections. Within just hours you no longer feel that constant annoying urgency to urinate and the pain of the oncoming infection lessens the first day of taking Cipro. And, lastly, however most importantly, do not have intercourse for at least a week or longer."

legabeagle2 October 16, 2010

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It's been three days since I've been on this medicine. First time user also. I never had a bladder infection but it got a lot better than it was the first day with the burning and pain. I am still experiencing a bit of the burning. I am hoping it works and takes it fully away about the time its my last dose. At first this medicine made me nauseous and tired but I drank more water and it seemed to help take that away."

Anonymous October 8, 2010

"Used this for bladder infection, works great no side effects, cleared up in 7 days."

Anonymous May 14, 2010

"I have become very sensitive to ingredients in certain drinks and products. I can no longer take bubble baths or use body washes (anything with scents). I also can't drink any of the energy drinks. From the first time I feel the symptoms (frequency, pain, "full" feeling), it's usually gone straight to my kidneys and I'm urinating with blood in the urine. Over the counter mediines don't work with me. The doctor gives me Cipro and Pyridine (for pain/turns urine orange) and it knocks it out fast and completely. Depending on the dose (I get higher for kidneys than just straight bladder), it can wipe out all bacteria (good/bad) and cause a yeast infection. I've been lucky and only have had one."

Anonymous February 28, 2010

"It works every time, however takes about 3-4 hours to provide relief. The only reason why I don't give it a 10 is because it gives me yeast infections every time."

Anonymous January 4, 2010

"I was recently prescribed this medication and it did not work at all for me."

Anonymous December 19, 2009

"It always works!"

Anonymous July 21, 2009

"I had a very serere bladder infection. My urologist prescribed Cipro and it worked like a charm. I didn't suffer any side effects."

Anonymous April 3, 2008

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Bladder Infection