User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 71 medications used in the treatment of Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis

I was prescribed this along with a steroid pack. I'm on my fourth day and I will admit I feel a little better. Although it still doesn't look so great, I still have 2 more days.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by LizzetteS:

I've used this medication in the past and now recently for a bad throat infection, I was given the 5 day pack, after the first day (2 tablets) taken it started to feel better... And slowly it's been improving everyday. I did experience bad stomach side effects, diarrhea mainly, but I expected that since I wasn't eating well from the throat infection. Took my last tablet today and I hope that it's gone but the symptoms have definitely improved. If you do get an upset stomach try to take it with food. Good medication all in all though.

February 5, 2013 9:48 PM

My young son was presciribed this for severe tonsillitis. His fevers were very high. Paracetamol would bring it down but it would be right back up long before 4 hrs were up. The Azithromycin just made him sicker. He had the worst diarrhea and gas and abdominal pain which was very difficult for an already miserable child. After 3 days he wasn't improving and was changed to a different medication.

August 19, 2012 10:09 PM

This was the wonder pill for me. I was prescribed this alongside a steroid pack and told to take 3-4 regular ibuprofens for the pain in my throat. Let me say, it was VERY severe; I couldn't swallow much, hadn't eaten. I woke up the next day with NO fever and much less swelling and pain. This is my second day on this antibiotic.

August 2, 2012 9:53 AM

I'm taking the Z-pak and it started working after the first day. I already feel much better. I have had stomach cramps but it only lasts like a minute. Overall I'm happy and happy to get back to work.

February 29, 2012 3:25 PM

Zithromax (azithromycin): Worked quickly and efficiently. Throat pain decreased within 2-3 days, nose congestion decreased within one day.

June 21, 2011 6:51 PM

Review by edddd:

Zithromax (azithromycin): I experience hallucinations (bad dreams) while using this medicine.

May 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): It worked fast and I felt better after four days, but my side effects were diahrrea two hours after each dose and itchy skin with a rash. Now 2 weeks after finishing the prescription I have an infection in my mouth and throat -- oral yeast infection or thrush is listed as a side effect.

January 7, 2010 2:52 PM

Review by scaryfencer:

Zithromax (azithromycin): I was prescribed a 5 day Z-Pak to treat a Streptococcal pharyngitis infection. After the second day, the medication reduced the swelling and throat pain, but began to cause stomach cramping and pain. By the end of the third day the stomach pain was severe and Doctor recommended to discontinue use. This is the only antibiotic I have used that has caused an allergic reaction.

June 27, 2009 10:12 PM

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): I had strep throat and have been taking this medicine for 3 days and I still have a sore throat. I feel like I have a sinus infection now.

April 28, 2009 1:48 PM

Zithromax (azithromycin): It worked fast and I didn't have to take a lot of it. Only once in 3 days.

September 10, 2008 3:41 AM

Review by glamourman:

Zithromax (azithromycin): My ears hurt from the throat infection. This medicine gives relief in a couple of days and finished the infection off. I am well again.

June 18, 2008 3:34 PM

Review by FeelingBetter:

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): Amazing results from a Z-Pak! I had strep throat, and love the convenience of a 5 day run of antibiotics. I had no apparent side effects from the medication.

June 15, 2008 11:12 PM